Do you prefer looks of a weapon or the effectiveness

Example: a 20% Ice Deva-zashi or 50% Ice Shiratsuno-zashi

Eleina
Jun 6, 2007, 02:04 AM
Effectiveness coz i'm one of those elitist b**tards <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-06-06 00:09 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Jun 6, 2007, 02:08 AM
looks duh, i dont wanna use a weapon if it looks stupid. (AKA GRM A rank swords/handguns)

Criss
Jun 6, 2007, 02:09 AM
I have preference towards effectiveness, but looks will also greatly influence my weapon choices. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Arika
Jun 6, 2007, 02:40 AM
what do you think by this example?
Whitil Wing vs SUV unit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Chuck_Norris
Jun 6, 2007, 02:42 AM
well....since im a beast (therefor cant use SUV), i say wings.

Eleina
Jun 6, 2007, 02:45 AM
On 2007-06-06 00:40, Arika wrote:
Whitil Wing vs SUV unit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Not the best of exemples <.<
Phantom +10 vs blackbull
Majimra +10 vs uransara
Ank Dedda 50% dark vs Ank pikor +10 50% dark
Etc etc

would make better more general exemples http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SarinSerafi
Jun 6, 2007, 02:54 AM
Mmm.. a combination of both. I like flashy weapons, but I like effectiveness too. Of course, the best is both in one weapon (44-50% S rank, perhaps grinded in the expansion) but that's tough to get unless you're really lucky.

In addition, I love it if the weapon added a status effect or restored health, some kind of beneficial effect (Deva-zashi's silence, Sweet Death's sleep, Fuka-misaki's freeze, etc). A dream weapon for my Fortefighter at the moment would be a 44-50% Fuka-misaki, combining high damage, awesome looks, and freeze status. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

However, effectiveness barely beats out looks in the end for me.

EDIT: Oddly got Jogiri mixed up in the head when thinking of Deva-zashi. O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SarinSerafi on 2007-06-08 01:32 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Jun 6, 2007, 03:51 AM
There's a reason you guys will see me using a Maggac first before I reach for my Drumline.

To take a page from Order of the Stick ... Check it out, son.

*Equips Drumline* Badass. *Equips Maggac* Really badass.

Seriously. I like the look of the Tenora line of SMGs. They've got something the GRM line lacks. The Kubara variant is even better because it's solid black without the wonky tribal lines all over it, not to mention that sweet, sweet PP.

Why else would I sport the Maggac in my signature?

It's also the reason I specifically use the GRM Survivors over an A-rank dagger. If you're not paying attention, the 1-6* line of GRM knives are easily mistaken for a pistol or SMG ... It's not too far a stretch of mind to imagine yourself using the Buten Shuren-zan with another gun in hand instead of a dagger, pistol whipping victims into a stupor.

But, show me a better dagger that has a closer resemblance to a pistol and I'll gladly trade in the Survivors for it. I might sacrifice a bit of effectiveness for looks, but I like to have my cake and eat it too.

Just as long as it's not Maya Shidow's cake. Ugh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-06-06 01:53 ]</font>

Zael
Jun 6, 2007, 04:03 AM
Effectiveness, hence why I'm not going to bother gimping myself by using S-ranks just to look cool.

hana77
Jun 6, 2007, 04:04 AM
Fashion > Function

Looks, I shall pick.

I prefer pretty things most of the time.

Mayu
Jun 6, 2007, 04:08 AM
Gimping your self for looks fails -_-

Effectiveness

Shiryuu
Jun 6, 2007, 04:11 AM
Both. I'll use both Sranks/Aranks the same.

biggabertha
Jun 6, 2007, 04:48 AM
Crea brand swords or Tenroa Swords for me. Crea brand swords have more PP in them than Tenora Swords so I have Crea brand swords rather than the GRM A rank swords. So what if I'm not dealing as much damage with swords, they are pretty powerful already anyway and I just can't see how something made almost out of photons can be swung so slowly.

Now a Soda Crea, Creasword or Cresaud, yeah, THEY look like they're heavy.

Neith
Jun 6, 2007, 05:29 AM
Looks > Effectiveness

Awesome sexy weapons > both http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It's the reason I'll be using a Creasabra on my Newman, the reason I use a Del Jagnus over Heavy Twins primarily (although admittedly, the Jagnus is more for laughs), and why I won't buy a Python. Black Raygun > Blue Python D:

Also, I'd take a 10% Fuka-Misaki over a 50% Ran-Misaki, just to look better. It's all about the looks for me. Obviously, I won't severely gimp myself to the point of using C-Ranks, but I won't use a weapon that looks like ass (see GRM 1-6* Sword)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-06-06 03:35 ]</font>

CrimsomWolf
Jun 6, 2007, 05:42 AM
Hmmmm..... Both I think.... Because I like cool looking wepons, but they must be good at combat too, so you won't be fried by swarms of enemies, but if wepon looks totally idiotic I wouldn't use it often.... only in emergancies....

Jakosifer
Jun 6, 2007, 06:51 AM
Effectiveness...Plus most current S ranks are ugly anyway. >_>

Arika
Jun 6, 2007, 07:02 AM
On 2007-06-06 00:45, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-06-06 00:40, Arika wrote:

Not the best of exemples <.<
Phantom +10 vs blackbull
Majimra +10 vs uransara
Ank Dedda 50% dark vs Ank pikor +10 50% dark
Etc etc

would make better more general exemples http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

aww~ but I want whitil wing for the look most >,<

RedX
Jun 6, 2007, 08:25 AM
On 2007-06-06 02:04, hana77 wrote:
Fashion > Function

QFT

Scion
Jun 6, 2007, 09:07 AM
Normal Missions - Looks
Timed Missions - Effectiveness

Considering there's only one timed mission in this game that isn't a Firebreak mission, you know where I USUALLY stand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AweOfShe
Jun 6, 2007, 09:10 AM
Looks. If I cared about effectiveness, then I wouldn't have chosen to be a No-Techs Newman, who uses nothing but Yohmei weapons (Yes, even the types that end at 6*s).

Then again, I absolutely love contributing more, and dying less than most optimal class/race combination players. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Suz
Jun 6, 2007, 10:54 AM
Looks over effectiveness almost ANY day. Except when I'm on a serious mission like a timed one, or a new one that supposedly hard, I go all out. Plus if you look good while fighting, maybe you can stun the enemies with your dazzling move and good posture??

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 6, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-06-06 00:01, str898mustang wrote:

that's a bad example... the Deva can also silence enemies, giving it a different level of effectiveness

certain S weapons have specials like that, which makes a lower percent worthwhile

a good example is
Twin Ragnus 20% vs FIRE Heavy Twins 50%

EDITED for the picky people, even though anyone who read that could infer fire

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-06 09:08 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Jun 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-06-06 08:58, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-06-06 00:01, str898mustang wrote:

that's a bad example... the Deva can also silence enemies, giving it a different level of effectiveness

certain S weapons have specials like that, which makes a lower percent worthwhile

a good example is
Twin Ragnus 20% vs Fire Heavy Twins 50%

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-06 08:59 ]</font>

Fixed.

Akaimizu
Jun 6, 2007, 11:08 AM
A compromise between the two. One of the reasons why Tynselle still balances things around her Twin Gunnies. It just wouldn't be her style and motif without them. Today, she pretty much has a full arsenal, but still her actions are centered around her chances to use her Twin Handguns at any time they are good to use in a given situation.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
Looks over function any day, however if ur char is a complete loser any way, go for functionality. You have nothing to lose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kylie
Jun 6, 2007, 11:17 AM
Looks. I'm shallow. :/

Dre_o
Jun 6, 2007, 11:18 AM
Oh, this is an EASY one

Crea Doubles > Nightwalker High%

Why? I'm a veteran of PSO. My friends the Twin Buster and Double Saber MUST be present.

Not to mention I look bad ass and hit hardcore with Double Sabers OR Twin Sabers, thus it doesn't really matter to me. Hell, I swear Fighunner was created for me.

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 6, 2007, 11:24 AM
"Style is greater then stats, but put stats in your style." I always say that.

For example, you like the color of the standard company issue 8* weapons, which is generally black, and you just hate that blue/purple color of the 9*s.

It's still good Stats, i mean, it's only about 20 ATP, and 30 PP, so it's still quite functional.

You look good and you perform good too.

That's why I use the Body-part weapons, so I can look cool and such, sure their lacking some stats, but who cares if you can use them better than others?

WaveofBabies
Jun 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm a techer so this really doesn't apply to me. I'll use my grinded 9*s over 10* wands and rods tho

Konstanse_Xx
Jun 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
I put looks but...all the effective weapons look awesome on my character, although I do like to match. o_o

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
Looks, definately. If I wanted to go solely for effectiveness I'd go for some typical piece-of-shit MMORPG where skill means shit.

I haven't needed to do that much compromising looks for effectiveness though. While I prefer the looks of the kubara B-rank Shigga Damduc, the Shigga Bines JUST SO HAPPENS to perfectly match my clothing/shielding combo. I happen to like the looks of every machinegun. Grenade launchers look like shit no matter what until Gur Bazga comes out. Crossbows all look the same.

The only weapons where I have to lose power for looks is not using the stupid Python because my Handguc and B'duki Hadoc look so much better, and using my Sevarac because A-rank sabers simply look better on robots than on people. I hope to get a nice grind on my Seva Cresa since I like that thing's look better than the Creasabra, which also grinds well (and has better att despite being Youmei). Plus, Seva Cresa's my favorite saber.

Also, changing armor to fit the enemies in the missions...yuck. Nothing like both making yourself ugly and looking like a wuss. (good for looking wealthy though if you have a buncha 50% though!)

VanHalen
Jun 6, 2007, 03:54 PM
I like looks better. Flashy weapons and combos are more fun.

Africa
Jun 6, 2007, 04:01 PM
aesthetics all the way,and as we get more S ranks the more they'll go hand in hand.

KamiSori
Jun 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
Style > Stats all the way. i think some people forget that we're not playing Everquest or FFXI. this game is easy enough, theres really no reason to be a stat whore. i admit in certain instances (such as timed battles) stats have some importance but lets be realistic here. i really doubt someone using a 20% crea double is going to look or feel "gimped" next to someone using a 44% double saber. maybe the high % does a 100 or so more damage a hit but who cares?, the monsters going down in a few seconds anyway. unless you're frantically jotting down numbers youre not going to notice any big differences.

Vashyron
Jun 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
Well I won't know how the weapon looks like untill I buy it, unless I saw somebody else using it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kaydin
Jun 6, 2007, 05:21 PM
I'm a bit of an elitist when it comes to looks. ;D

VanHalen
Jun 6, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-06-06 15:21, Kaydin wrote:

How many times did you recreate your main again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 05:26 PM
Style over substance.

Oh, and in the game?

*cough*

Looks all the way.

Kaydin
Jun 6, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-06-06 15:23, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-06-06 15:21, Kaydin wrote:
How many times did you recreate your main again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif-Ahem-
About maybe... err... 7 or 8? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Tidus_415-
Jun 6, 2007, 05:38 PM
10% S-Rank Double Saber >>> 50% Nightwalker +10

Garnet_Moon
Jun 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
If it's an easy mission, style.

If it's a serious one, efficiency is key, and the best efficiency you can get is the one that does the highest damage and/or blocks the most damage.

EDIT: Of course, my Protranser hs a full compliment of +5 weapons and a +10 polearm. Squeeze the life outta everything for maximum efficiency~!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-06-06 15:42 ]</font>

MT7218
Jun 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
Effectivness. As I have little sense of fashion as is, the looks of a weapon don't jump out at me as ugly or horrible with a particular set of clothing. As a long time gamer, I'm used to going straight from point A to B, so once I hit the battlefeild in a game, my full attention is what is ahead of me, or in online games, saying something to my teammates, answering a question or something. The only time I even CARE about what looks ugly/good is when it comes to buying clothes/parts and makeover features. And even then, I go for what I think looks good, other people's opnions be damned.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 6, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-06-06 15:38, -Tidus_415- wrote:
10% S-Rank Double Saber >>> 50% Nightwalker +10

but what about a 50% S-rank double saber... +10!!!!!

Oh I look forward to the day!!!

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
Jun 6, 2007, 08:10 PM
Form over function unless there's a pressing reason for me to do otherwise, though, admittedly most of the cool offline weapons are the more powerful ones. ;]

Parn
Jun 6, 2007, 08:58 PM
Everyone should know what I value. Yes indeed.

I'm so shallow!

DikkyRay
Jun 6, 2007, 09:09 PM
First rule of online gaming is looking cool.
Looks all the way baby

Kent
Jun 6, 2007, 09:16 PM
Cost-effectiveness above all else.

Especially since kicking an unprecedented amount of ass will make you look cooler than any clothes for fancy-pants nonfunctional weapon could.

Aralia
Jun 7, 2007, 10:32 AM
Looks for me.

Though I do like to have my effectiveness.
Like with my x-bow on my fighgunner, if I'm using it for SE purposes, I'll have my halp equipped to spice up the look.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 7, 2007, 10:36 AM
On 2007-06-07 08:32, Aralia wrote:
Looks for me.

Though I do like to have my effectiveness.
Like with my x-bow on my fighgunner, if I'm using it for SE purposes, I'll have my halp equipped to spice up the look.

completely agreed... I've just been leveling Xbow/mechgun but I've had my Deva, Halp, 50% claw, and a saber equipped just to be flashy lol

THE JACKEL

Tyde
Jun 7, 2007, 10:41 AM
Hmm, guess I'd have to say effectiveness as i don't really have a problem with the looks of many of the weapons.

Fure_Rakune
Jun 7, 2007, 10:44 AM
Im a stickler for looks, but it so happens that I love how my 50% ice shiratsuno looks.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2007, 10:45 AM
well after seeing that S ranks kinda suck (for S ranks) i'd much rather stay with my cheap ol' ugly weapons! doing good damage and its cheap! i dont care wat it looks like!

WERE IN A WAR SOLDIER! NOT SOME BEAUTY PAGEANT!

RegulusHikari
Jun 7, 2007, 10:47 AM
I'll always prefer looks, it's more logical. Since I'm not running around boasting 44-50% weapons (my highest is 38 followed by a 26), I'll take off a few points of elemental damage to look a lot better doing it. Besides, my 16% fire Twins aren't going to outdamage my 12% Ragnus by THAT much. Anyone who gets angry at me for my decision needs to seriously reconsider why they play this game.

Now as far as 44-50%s are concerned, I've seen the tremendous amount of damage they can do, and I can understand the decision to stick with A ranks.

Still though, I'm a believer of:

If it's a serious one, efficiency is key, and the best efficiency you can get is the one that does the highest damage and/or blocks the most damage.

Because you typically won't see me Halping/Ragnusing enemies on A rank Parum/Moatoob purification missions.

pikachief
Jun 7, 2007, 10:49 AM
On 2007-06-07 08:47, RegulusHikari wrote:
I'll always prefer looks, it's more logical.

so your saying its better to look nicer than to be stronger? that makes no sense!? hows that gonna make u better?

Akaimizu
Jun 7, 2007, 10:56 AM
I don't know. Ask just about 90% of all of Hollywood. Ask all those super thin, I'm about to die, models out there. When it comes to stuff on camera, especially in these days, logical definition goes by a completely different pattern.

The hardcore physical or hardware loses out to the *pretty* in society, these days. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

That's why stuff like those new Old Spice commercials makes so much of an impact, these days. They blatantly embellish on a kind of portrayal everybody else is trying to diminish. We need more of 'em.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-07 08:57 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 7, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-06-07 08:49, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-06-07 08:47, RegulusHikari wrote:
I'll always prefer looks, it's more logical.

so your saying its better to look nicer than to be stronger? that makes no sense!? hows that gonna make u better?

And how does relying on strong equipment make you better? Those who compromise their strength for looks need to compensate for their lower damage by fighting harder and better. This is especially true if you're wearing a shield line that's opposite of the element of the enemy you're fighting.

RegulusHikari
Jun 7, 2007, 11:06 AM

Because seeing 300 points of damage rather than 280 or 250 doesn't make myself look cooler like a nice shiny S rank weapon does. I'm not trying showing off with them, I'm just giving myself a reason to keep playing this game, because I'm not obsessed with the numbers that my weapons produce, just the way they look.

You have to remember I'm speaking from a stance where I have this kind of decision to make:

14% Ice Nightwalker vs. 12% Ice Crea Doubles

If you're picking the former, you prefer the look of A rank GRM doublesabers over the doubles, or are so obsessed with numbers you NEED that extra 2% of damage. And if that's the case, we're never going to understand each other's points of view. Without new, better looking weapons and equipment to earn, this game is going to continue being the *buttonmash-levelup-buttonmash* fest it is, and I don't find much fun in that.

You strive to achieve the highest numbers possible so you can say "I'm more powerful than you."
I strive to achieve weapons that I LIKE and enjoy using, and get a sense of self accomplishment in a game that, at this point, really doesn't have much of. That's why, in my mind, it makes me "better" at what I'm doing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-06-07 09:08 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 7, 2007, 11:07 AM
hmmm

I hav an idea! I will test out someones Crea Doubles and someones 50% Nightwalker and see what one i like better!

http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/speechgfx/farewell.jpg

I am not a crook!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-06-07 09:14 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Jun 7, 2007, 11:15 AM
In a situation of a 12% S rank vs a 50% A rank, I'd definitely use both, since that S rank is still going to be more powerful on elements that the 50% isn't strong against.

And I've already stated that a 50% is GOING to make a big difference in someone's decision. Those are some seriously BIG numbers that are going to change your effectiveness in a mission substantially. But the point still stands that that 12% ice doubles is GOING to be more powerful than that 50% ice nightwalker on something that isn't fire. And if you like the look of said S rank, why NOT use it?

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 7, 2007, 11:16 AM
On 2007-06-07 09:07, Almighty_Envy wrote:
hmmm

I hav an idea! I will test out someones Crea Doubles and someones 50% Nightwalker and see what one i like better!

http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/speechgfx/farewell.jpg

I am not a crook!

so want to test out my 50% crea doubles against it's opposite element and my 50% nightwalker against it's opposite element? The only time it makes a difference number-wise is with the PA, and the doubles excel at regular attacks, because they hit more targets. So I'll take my crea doubles!

My choice in that situation, is quite easy, but for some reason, some people don't like the look of the crea doubles. Crazy talk I say!

THE JACKEL

Alpha-Hunter
Jun 7, 2007, 11:45 AM
S ranks are the only compromise I will make for effectiveness. Rares are so Rare in this game you just have to flaunt them when you get a hand on one. and most of them just look plain badass!

Dirkster111
Jun 7, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-06-06 01:51, F-Gattaca wrote:
There's a reason you guys will see me using a Maggac first before I reach for my Drumline.

To take a page from Order of the Stick ... Check it out, son.

*Equips Drumline* Badass. *Equips Maggac* Really badass.

Seriously. I like the look of the Tenora line of SMGs. They've got something the GRM line lacks. The Kubara variant is even better because it's solid black without the wonky tribal lines all over it, not to mention that sweet, sweet PP.

Why else would I sport the Maggac in my signature?

It's also the reason I specifically use the GRM Survivors over an A-rank dagger. If you're not paying attention, the 1-6* line of GRM knives are easily mistaken for a pistol or SMG ... It's not too far a stretch of mind to imagine yourself using the Buten Shuren-zan with another gun in hand instead of a dagger, pistol whipping victims into a stupor.

But, show me a better dagger that has a closer resemblance to a pistol and I'll gladly trade in the Survivors for it. I might sacrifice a bit of effectiveness for looks, but I like to have my cake and eat it too.

Just as long as it's not Maya Shidow's cake. Ugh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-06-06 01:53 ]</font>

After reading your post I synted a couple of Maggacs, and you're right, they are badass! They look like MP5s! And they're not much weaker than Drumlines, only 5-10 DMG less.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dirkster111 on 2007-06-07 14:09 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Jun 7, 2007, 04:24 PM
It really has to be more effective for me to choose that instead of looks. If I have two options. One being super badass looking and the other only having a handfull more pp, ata, att or even all three then I will go with looks. But if its something like a Tenora 1* Handgun versus a GRM 9* then even though Tenora handguns are just the sex I would have to pick the GRM.

DAMASCUS
Jun 7, 2007, 04:59 PM
I have felt more inclined to just stick with effectiveness since my main is a cast and the parts and colors available are meager to say the least. When those "wings" came out it was the first halfway decent part to come out..but then everyone is using them...ack. There is one exception I must make and that is for the 6* Ascaud sword. It is the best looking sword and has the best PP. As for S-Ranks that look cool but have low percents its more important that they have higher accuracy and better PP in my opinion.

Niloklives
Jun 7, 2007, 07:45 PM
On 2007-06-07 09:15, RegulusHikari wrote:
In a situation of a 12% S rank vs a 50% A rank, I'd definitely use both, since that S rank is still going to be more powerful on elements that the 50% isn't strong against.

And I've already stated that a 50% is GOING to make a big difference in someone's decision. Those are some seriously BIG numbers that are going to change your effectiveness in a mission substantially. But the point still stands that that 12% ice doubles is GOING to be more powerful than that 50% ice nightwalker on something that isn't fire. And if you like the look of said S rank, why NOT use it?

actually...kubara products take a 10% drop in atp when using skills. and seeing as how you can grind that 50% twice at no risk making up for the 17 points of different in atp bwtween the two weapons. the nightwalker will only be less effective against ice enemies.

truth

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 7, 2007, 07:52 PM
On 2007-06-07 17:45, NIloklives wrote:

actually...kubara products take a 10% drop in atp when using skills. and seeing as how you can grind that 50% twice at no risk making up for the 17 points of different in atp bwtween the two weapons. the nightwalker will only be less effective against ice enemies.

truth

for now, until you can grind S ranks. Crea doubles grind EXTREMELY well

THE JACKEL

Niloklives
Jun 7, 2007, 08:55 PM
you drive you car on its last legs and poor gas mileage with nice paint job rather than your car that runs well but has a dent in it simply because eventually down the road you could feasibly get it overhauled. but in the meantime because you like the paint...you'll drive it til it explodes...k

Sekani
Jun 7, 2007, 10:12 PM
Where's the option for "whatever's cheaper"?

amtalx
Jun 7, 2007, 10:23 PM
I look hawt all day, no matter what equipment I have. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Almighty_Envy
Jun 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
gIB me CD

Gen2000
Jun 8, 2007, 02:11 AM
I prefer a balance of both, I like black weapons like 8*s and Kubara, prefer the look of GRM/Tenora Brank handguns to GRM's Aranks, etc but I still want to be effective while doing so.

Looks is fine but I find it even sexier when someone has the ability to wipe out a block solo in the same time it takes most full parties to do so.

Finae
Jun 8, 2007, 04:56 AM
Effectivness. I don't care, give me a ugly looking axe with +10 on it. If it can do 9k damage, I'd use that over the pretty boy axe that does 3k damage. So while pretty boy member A is saying to people, "Oh look at my AWESOME LOOKING AXE! so much better than Finae's fugly axe," I'll be saying, "Atleast mine does 9k damage. Pretty boy axe ya got there does a measly 3k. You must feel like a pansy now."

Its just like those nubs that used rucars back then when haxzor started. Oh my, my 50% elemental nightwalker does a hell of a lot more damage than that *****y rucar of yours. You got it for looks? You use it 100% of the time? Lololol.

Mewn
Jun 8, 2007, 05:25 AM
I prefer looks, that isn't an excuse to use crappy weapons though, so in truth I go for a mixture of looks and power.

Not that PSU currently has that much choice beyond 'do I like gray, black, or blue?' and 'do I like identikit high% A-Ranks or cool looking S-Ranks?'

Inazuma
Jun 8, 2007, 06:20 PM
effectiveness all the way. and if i see a player using a boring weapon but dealing big damage, they look "cool" in my eyes.

Isabella
Jun 8, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-06-07 17:45, NIloklives wrote:

truth

wait when was +2 gauranteed? >.>

RegulusHikari
Jun 8, 2007, 07:16 PM

truth

You forget that the Crea Doubles has 60 more PP and 14 more ATA. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Not that the seventeen ATP difference between the Nightwalkers and Doubles makes so much of a difference to begin with.

This argument is entirely stupid. I've already stated I don't care about numbers, unless it's as large as a 100 point difference. I use a Sodadoc +5 over a Caliburn because I think it looks better, and you know what? I don't care what anyone thinks.

People need to stop worrying so much about how other people play the game and just enjoy it.

you drive you car on its last legs and poor gas mileage with nice paint job rather than your car that runs well but has a dent in it simply because eventually down the road you could feasibly get it overhauled. but in the meantime because you like the paint...you'll drive it til it explodes...k

Yes, because the way I play an online video game is identical to the way I live my real life. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif