PDA

View Full Version : you know what would be a cool adition to PSU?

Raven5_1
Jun 6, 2007, 05:45 PM
Bigass hammers.

you know you want one.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 6, 2007, 05:46 PM
Make them Fortetecher only and you have my vote.

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 05:47 PM
NUNCHUKS!

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2007, 05:54 PM
Single handed spear.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 6, 2007, 05:56 PM
A Double Saber PA that splits the pole in half and you swing each end like a Twin Saber!

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 05:58 PM
a sythe so everyone can yell around and say " Im the angel of death" emo ****ers >.>

Umberger
Jun 6, 2007, 06:04 PM
There's a weapon that looks like a toy hammer...if I remember correctly it's an Axe though.

natewifi
Jun 6, 2007, 06:26 PM
There is also cat claws, and drill fist.

I think a good addition to PSU is making laser cannons do multiple hits on a single enemy instead of useless pierce, because of how weak/slow the laser is.

Chargeing bullets for bigger, stronger bullets and long ground/arieal combos, and more hits with a basic combo (I.e. up+square, down+square and so on with the d-pad) and be able to knock back enemies into the air and w/e with basic combos, and basic combo's for canes and rods.

Being able to do a down hit (I.e. down+square the player does a quick stab/slash on the ground, and vice versa which can lead into a long ass combo) up hit addition.

Technics with more definition into them, like rafoie doesnt instant hit, only Zonde does because of lightning speed and so on, and ice being slippery and wet it would have like a light push back effect on the enemies (like a tiny slip back where you almost fall but you dont).

The possibilities are countless that ST could add into PSU to make it a million times better, ST needs to pay atenttion if they want to make a good profit on PSU, hopefully they are listening to us as well as they listen to the Jp players.

Serephim
Jun 6, 2007, 06:35 PM
^ QFT.

I was dissapointed at the Laser cannon. I expected it to fire a sort of smaller Kamehameha type beam that did constant damage to whoever hit it.

The way it works now is just really cheep and ugly. Its slow as hell too,

F-Gattaca
Jun 6, 2007, 07:07 PM
Although I know that the name of the lowest-grade weapon in a class typically doubles as the name of the class itself, I'd say it should've been expected that the Laser Cannon wouldn't fire a REAL laser.

After all, what're the two next steps up? Maser Cannon and Thunder Cannon. Maser is a logical expansion in focused energy weaponry, but what's the deal with Thunder?

Just like my beloved Machineguns. Back in PSO I was weirded out by the naming scheme including Gatling and Vulcan ... I know Vulcan is a buzzword in sci-fi anime, but in the real world the Vulcan is a product of General Electric and is a Gatling gun itself, which are cannons, not really machineguns.

Or the fact that here in PSU, a Sniper rifle is a very very low grade weapon. (I can't remember, nor can I find sources stating such, whether or not a Sniper was one of the normal rifle weapons you could get in PSO)

Anyway ... yeah. You just kind of have to accept that things in Gurhal--and the online Phantasy Star world in general--don't quite match up to the real world. Photons as treated here are more of a handwavium material than actual light particles anyway ...

Though, if there's one weapon I'd like to see added to PSU, it'd be maces.

natewifi
Jun 6, 2007, 07:11 PM
what is QFT?

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:12 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:07, F-Gattaca wrote:
Although I know that the name of the lowest-grade weapon in a class typically doubles as the name of the class itself, I'd say it should've been expected that the Laser Cannon wouldn't fire a REAL laser.

After all, what're the two next steps up? Maser Cannon and Thunder Cannon. Maser is a logical expansion in focused energy weaponry, but what's the deal with Thunder?

Just like my beloved Machineguns. Back in PSO I was weirded out by the naming scheme including Gatling and Vulcan ... I know Vulcan is a buzzword in sci-fi anime, but in the real world the Vulcan is a product of General Electric and is a Gatling gun itself, which are cannons, not really machineguns.

Or the fact that here in PSU, a Sniper rifle is a very very low grade weapon. (I can't remember, nor can I find sources stating such, whether or not a Sniper was one of the normal rifle weapons you could get in PSO)

Anyway ... yeah. You just kind of have to accept that things in Gurhal--and the online Phantasy Star world in general--don't quite match up to the real world. Photons as treated here are more of a handwavium material than actual light particles anyway ...

Though, if there's one weapon I'd like to see added to PSU, it'd be maces.

Eiiiiither that, or weapons that have been considered in the upper echelons of combat technology these days have been improved upon so much by this time in the future, their power pales in significance to that of the weapons you'd recieve later.

For example, there was a time when a Blunderbuss would have been an I Win button, but nowadays, a common handgun is seen as far more dangerous. The 'power' of the weapon, or rather the perception of it, might have changed with the advent of stronger weaponry.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 6, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:11, natewifi wrote:
what is QFT?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QFT

QFT is a three-letter abbreviation with multiple meanings, as described below:

* quantitative feedback theory.
* quantum field theory, the theory of quantum mechanics for relativistic particles.
* the quantum Fourier transform, a discrete Fourier transform.
* Queen's Film Theatre, a cinema in Northern Ireland.
* "QFT", internet slang meaning "quoted for truth". This term applies on forums and posting boards where users can edit their posts, thus the QFT holds the poster to their original statement. It is also used to express agreement with a previous poster's statement and validate its veracity. ** One variation is "quoted for truthiness," an allusion to the word coined by Stephen Colbert.
* "Quite fucking true" is a bastardisation of the "quoted for truth" definition.

PMB960
Jun 6, 2007, 07:28 PM
I think most of the weapons people want can already fit into an existing class. There is no reason to have an entire separate hammer class of weapons when it can just be a cool looking axe. What they really need is crazier looking weapons in existing classes. Look at PSO they had the Mace of Adaman but it was under the cane class, the Toy Hammer was considered a Katana etc. What they need is more crazy looking weaponry like the Koltova Bazooka, or that Guitar Case GL. I really think we need to wait for AoI before we start seeing the cool looking weapons people really want.

pikachief
Jun 6, 2007, 07:36 PM
i say each class gets a little special with the A button!

Cast should roll

Newmans should attack with their Rods and wands

beasts should jump, just high enough to get over badiras and some techniques

and Humans should be able to run a little fast when they hold A!

or mabey Humans and beasts abilities should be switched...

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:36, pikachief wrote:
i say each class gets a little special with the A button!

Cast should roll

Newmans should attack with their Rods and wands

beasts should jump, just high enough to get over badiras and some techniques

and Humans should be able to run a little fast when they hold A!

or mabey Humans and beasts abilities should be switched...

I actually think that's a good idea, but maybe class based?

Melee classes should be able to flip about like Link can when he's in Z-lock (LoZ's lock on), Forces should be able to attack with Rods and wands, and er... Rangers should be able to do a little reload animation that lets them regain a little PP?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Esufer on 2007-06-06 17:40 ]</font>

Nobo
Jun 6, 2007, 07:40 PM
I say PIKACHU CROSSBOW!!!! only equipable with the Electric PA so for fihgunners it shots out each cheek and for 3 shots it shoots out the mouth!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Weeaboolits
Jun 6, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:11, natewifi wrote:
what is QFT?
Urban Dictionary wrote:
1. Quoted for Truth
Has the same usage as Quoted for Emphasis (QFE)

2. Quit Fucking Talking
Sometimes casues confusion as it has the same abbreviation as something that means the exact opposite.

1. "The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them."
"QFT bro."

2. "I'LL FUCK YOU UP BCUZ I'M PRO."
"QFT you scrub bitch."

Africa
Jun 6, 2007, 09:40 PM
I definately want a wand slap a la baseball bat in smash bros. Also piercing techs should multihit. As far as weapons Ft's need something like a tome(book) that infflicts 3x damage of base techs in an elemental barrage.

AxelgearVII
Jun 6, 2007, 09:46 PM
A unit that lets you link different parts of PA's for the same weapon together. It needs to happen.

SaberOfAdept
Jun 6, 2007, 10:19 PM
nice addition....they should let FGs use resta
>.> <.< >.>

*hides*

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2007, 10:25 PM
Crossing acrotecher and acrofighter. You know you want it.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 6, 2007, 10:26 PM
Casting book = ftw

DAMASCUS
Jun 7, 2007, 01:36 PM
The one weapon that seems to be missing that I really wanted from PSO was the dual mechguns!! We have the single mechgun and dual handguns....hellooooooooooo? The single mechgun has too little PP so two mechguns might at least have more ammuntion!