PDA

View Full Version : So, the AotI grinding system.

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 06:53 PM
If the grind success rates have been dropped drastically as PSUpedia claims, won't it be a bit unfair on people who have been playing on Ver 1, grinded a load of weapons, then put them onto Ver 2 to sell them to people who will have had more trouble grinding?

I know the weapon won't break on AotI, but I'd hate to get it to 9 and then have to start over for the 50th time.

I'd rather go through 3 of the same weapon to do it, rather than buy about 300 grinders to get a weapon to ten.

I'm sure the net Meseta gained would cover the loss of the weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Esufer on 2007-06-06 16:56 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jun 6, 2007, 07:05 PM
Weapon grinds turn the already over powered 50% Polearms into overpowered Behemoth Dethroning lances of cold death and agony.

I'm all for the new system.

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:06 PM
Don't you think you could make a fair bit of money by grinding up a load now though, and then selling when the grind changes are implemented?

It'll be a lot rarer seeing anything above 4-5, I think.

Niloklives
Jun 6, 2007, 07:12 PM
maybe...but everyone will be more inetersted in all the new weapons released by manufacturerers...yohmei A rank rifles and double sabers and axes and sabers and. GRM daggers and bows...tenora claws...madoogs, shadoogs whips, slicers...all the current +10 stuff will be kinda secondary compared to that

JC10001
Jun 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-06-06 16:53, Esufer wrote:
I'd rather go through 3 of the same weapon to do it, rather than buy about 300 grinders to get a weapon to ten.

I'm sure the net Meseta gained would cover the loss of the weapons.

I was worried about this too, but apparently even though the rates have been reduced it still isn't too difficult to get a weapon to 10 (according to some of the folks here).

Nobo
Jun 6, 2007, 07:15 PM
Well if you break an S-weapon that blows so at least this way you don;t have to worry! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:12, NIloklives wrote:
maybe...but everyone will be more inetersted in all the new weapons released by manufacturerers...yohmei A rank rifles and double sabers and axes and sabers and. GRM daggers and bows...tenora claws...madoogs, shadoogs whips, slicers...all the current +10 stuff will be kinda secondary compared to that

You regged on my 20th birthday. Yay. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And, I was kinda hoping that if they introduce stronger weapons, some would get scaled up to match.

I know I'd be REALLY mad if I had a Crea Doubles or Halp Serafi that was suddenly rubbish just because it came out first.

They did that in PSOv2 DC compared to PSOGC, right?

Or was that me just imagining things? =///

Skuda
Jun 6, 2007, 07:16 PM
As stated before, the new grinding system will be less favorable to Forces and Rangers, but much more beneficial to Hunters. So you'd probably want to get your ranged and casting weapons grinded as much as possible before it switches to the AoI style. ;3

Niloklives
Jun 6, 2007, 07:16 PM
then again, that's based on the beta...no telling how it will be come the full release.

Niloklives
Jun 6, 2007, 07:22 PM
well...going from v2 to GCN...a lot of things were rebalanced and switched around. a lot of the only good stuff was still good. spread needle was still broken. just not the omni weapon anymore. and only ranges could use it. my HUcast ws sad that day. but some of those weapons wer made better...still...if they add any new stuff that makes all the current stuff not look so hot, it's going to be stuff not access able until higher difficulty missions. remember lvl caps are going to max at 200 and class lvls will cap at 30. think you'll still be juiced about your halp 120 levels from now? course not you'll want something more exciting. But your halp will still be something to get excited over for quite some time I think...so lose too much sleep over it

Golto
Jun 6, 2007, 07:40 PM
With the new grinding system doesn't the max grind + lower by 1 for each failure? Like 1st failure the highest + is 9 then 8 etc. I do agree this does hurt rangers/forces so i'm trying to get as many guns that I use to +10 before the expansion.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
lol 3 weapons and get one to 10... buying 300 grinders...

people waste way more than 3 weapons, and buy a lot more than 300 grinders to get them to 10 now. The only difference in the expansion, is instead of making a ton of weapons hoping to get one to 10, they make one weapon, and invest more in grinders. Don't worry, the same people grinding now, will be doing so in the expansion with the new weapons, they'll synth however many they want at 10, then make thousands of grinders. I've considered making tons of grinders now for when the expansion comes out.

So the main difference is being able to grind those highly valuable 50% weapons. I can't wait for S grinders. My Crea Doubles will truly become something amazing when I grind them.

THE JACKEL

Esufer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:40, Golto wrote:
With the new grinding system doesn't the max grind + lower by 1 for each failure? Like 1st failure the highest + is 9 then 8 etc. I do agree this does hurt rangers/forces so i'm trying to get as many guns that I use to +10 before the expansion.

That'd be HORRIBLE for resells =/

I'd hate to buy something, get ready to grind it and find out the limit is 2...

Soukosa
Jun 6, 2007, 07:45 PM
On the beta, if you failed the grind it just reverted back to +0. The lowering of the max possible grind value is on the possibility list but that's really just as bad as the current system if anything.

-Tidus_415-
Jun 6, 2007, 07:45 PM
They should make weapons still breakable. But...Only C-A rank weapons. S ranks shouldnt break but be a lot harder to fully grind to 10.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 6, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:45, -Tidus_415- wrote:
They should make weapons still breakable. But...Only C-A rank weapons. S ranks shouldnt break but be a lot harder to fully grind to 10.

S rank grinders are going to be a lot harder to find. I highly doubt they'll be in the stores. If anything they should be higher chances of success.

THE JACKEL

Gamemako
Jun 6, 2007, 08:15 PM
I broke a Seva Falsan going to 2 with a +5 grinder. I'm so in on the grind change.

Zero-mx
Jun 7, 2007, 10:36 AM
Why would the new system of grinding be unbenifical to rangers/forces? Or guns/wands? I don't see a problem... but I'm also really tired right now and can't think...

pikachief
Jun 7, 2007, 10:38 AM
On 2007-06-06 17:43, Esufer wrote:

That'd be HORRIBLE for resells =/

I'd hate to buy something, get ready to grind it and find out the limit is 2...

im sure it will say lik -2 or -5 next to your grinds, telling u how many times they've failed! or say 3/8 or 6/9 or something so we wont buy bad weapons

Eleina
Jun 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-06-06 17:45, Sounomi wrote:
The lowering of the max possible grind value is on the possibility list but that's really just as bad as the current system if anything.

How could it be as bad as breaking the weapon and losing it forever? o.0

Almighty_Envy
Jun 7, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-06-07 08:59, Eleina wrote:

The lowering of the max possible grind value is on the possibility list but that's really just as bad as the current system if anything.

Sniff, sniff My Caliburn ;.;

Someone replace it for me, it was 35% ice, i need a new one ;.;( a light one of any % will work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

Garnet_Moon
Jun 7, 2007, 11:08 AM
If it's sold in a shop then it shouldn't break. I mean, these guys breaking their own weapons that they themselves created while trying to upgrade? Haha.

If it's not sold in the shops then it should retain the current system.

Non-Breakable:

Everything sold in the GRM, Yohmei and Tenora Works shops.

Breakable:

S-Ranks (let's face it, they probably won't be in shops)
Kubara

It's bad business to break your own product when you're upgrading it. If I took my washer in to have it serviced and the guys told me it broke, i'd probably laugh my ass off and then sue them for making me miss work for refusing to work in soiled clothing. *shrugs* This is America, so i'd probably win too.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 7, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-06-07 08:59, Eleina wrote:

Well, it's almost as bad as the current system. See, when a weapon loses its maximum grind, it loses its value for selling in shops, particularly for those who simply have to have their weapons grinded to +10. And if you're using lower-end weapons for looks, it's only natural to wanna grind it to +10 so that it can kinda compete with the stronger weapons. It's not as bad if, say, you're only using a +2 or so weapon to hold you over until the next weapon, but when there's like nothing on the horizon for a good long while, there's nothing left to do but get your "current ultimate" weapons to +10. The new system, IF it reduces maximum grind, will be highly detrimental to this end.

A2K
Jun 7, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-06-07 09:08, Garnet_Moon wrote:
It's bad business to break your own product when you're upgrading it. If I took my washer in to have it serviced and the guys told me it broke, i'd probably laugh my ass off and then sue them for making me miss work for refusing to work in soiled clothing. *shrugs* This is America, so i'd probably win too.

Upgrades aren't exactly the same thing as repairs. It'd be more like taking your washer in and having a more powerful motor installed for... some... reason or another.

The service itself is free aside from the few grinding items you provide. That, and they actually make you read a disclaimer first. If it weren't for that last bit you might have actually had a chance in court. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jun 7, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-06-07 09:17, A2K wrote:

On 2007-06-07 09:08, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Upgrades aren't exactly the same thing as repairs. It'd be more like taking your washer in and having a more powerful motor installed for... some... reason or another.

The service itself is free aside from the few grinding items you provide. That, and they actually make you read a disclaimer first. If it weren't for that last bit you might have actually had a chance in court. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Well, Tim Taylor does it and on rare occasions it work---.... oh~.... >.>

Zero-mx
Jun 7, 2007, 11:21 AM
I don't think they should limit the maximum grind. I kind of liked PSO's better where each weapon had its own grind limit, though some of those limits were ridiculous (Yamato+60???)
I think it should just reset the weapon to 0 or maybe just reduce it by 1. Either that, make it so grinders for higher weapons, like A and S, can't be bought and are incredibely hard to find.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 7, 2007, 11:24 AM
What about a negative grind system? Fail ten times and get the ultimate S-Rank of -10 fail.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 7, 2007, 11:26 AM
Why do people think S grinders will be in stores? I certainly don't think they will be.

THE JACKEL

Zero-mx
Jun 7, 2007, 11:28 AM
I don't think the grinders will be, but maybe the boards?

Alkaar
Jun 7, 2007, 11:38 AM
On 2007-06-07 09:28, Zero-mx wrote:

Yeah, that would make sense since we already can't find grinder C-A boards.

panzer_unit
Jun 7, 2007, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing -1 max grind per failure, if grind rates stayed where they are now.

Most weapons would end up stuck at max grind one or two levels above the highest you can do on Very High chances... which is only one or two more than you'd leave a good hunter weapon at for fear of busting it. There would still be some replacing equipment in cases of really bad luck, or being a perfectionist about +10's, but it wouldn't be anything like the headache it is now.

My best A-rank is a non-elemental +6 Caliburn right now.

Alkaar
Jun 7, 2007, 11:46 AM

I really hope this is not the case once AoI is released. If a weapon grind fails, it should just reset back to zero. Negatives for maximum grind + would eventually make your weapon permanently weaker instead of stronger since you'd eventually hit a no chance of success ratio.

Kylie
Jun 7, 2007, 11:48 AM
I know the weapon won't break on AotI, but I'd hate to get it to 9 and then have to start over for the 50th time.

This I didn't know. =D Cool.

Zero-mx
Jun 7, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-06-07 09:38, Alkaar wrote:

Yeah, that would make sense since we already can't find grinder C-A boards.

... true... I forgot that we don't find boards in missions and we end up finding the grinders... so it would only make sense to find the grinders and not boards anyways. This lack of sleep thing is causing my brain to not think things through...

amtalx
Jun 7, 2007, 12:13 PM
I don't see what was wrong with the old PSO system. Phamtom +250 anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Niloklives
Jun 7, 2007, 12:17 PM

why not though? as I understand it, we'll be able to buy S materials at some point even if the boards can't be bought...*shrugs* I think it's within reason.

And as far as weapons resetting for the 50th time...i dunno, at least they still have their maximum potential...I mean after the 4th fail you'd cap at +6...that +9 would be a pipe dream. I'd rather reset than fail and never have a shot at +10. i mean otherwise why not just get it to +5 and stop? that's likely where it will end up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-06-07 10:21 ]</font>

Alkaar
Jun 7, 2007, 12:21 PM
I think S rank materials being available in shops at some point would be fine.

Zero-mx
Jun 7, 2007, 12:26 PM
Currently though, I usually stop at +5 anyways. I've gotten some weapons to +8, but that's a rarity as well. I think that not being able to break the weapon would make me go for the +10s... though if I kept failing and resetting, I would probably stop more near 8's...

XEOJIMMY
Jun 7, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-06-06 17:05, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Weapon grinds turn the already over powered 50% Polearms into overpowered Behemoth Dethroning lances of cold death and agony.

I'm all for the new system.

Hi how does the new system work ?

And any link to psupedia about the grinding rates gone down ?

Synyster
Jun 7, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-06-07 10:13, amtalx wrote:
I don't see what was wrong with the old PSO system. Phamtom +250 anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Absolutely. As if failing synths wasn't enough, the prospect of losing the weapon once u've finally made it is almost unbearable!
The PSO system would be much better. Grinders are rare enough for A ranks anyway!

Alkaar
Jun 7, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-06-07 12:28, Synyster wrote:

On 2007-06-07 10:13, amtalx wrote:

Absolutely. As if failing synths wasn't enough, the prospect of losing the weapon once u've finally made it is almost unbearable!
The PSO system would be much better. Grinders are rare enough for A ranks anyway!

Rare enough? You can buy A Grinder Bases at an NPC shop.

Niloklives
Jun 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
the bases you can buy at any synth shop and the boards you can buy at cylez...