PDA

View Full Version : twin mayalee - worth it?

majan
Jun 7, 2007, 02:54 PM
a question about this stuff really fast...

yak zenganga(crossbow ultimate art) does equal to or slightly better damage than the other normal elemental crossbow bullets, then has the special effect of having the damage spiked when you have low hp.

mayalee fury also gets stronger than any other elemental mechgun bullet(even though its a little different with this one because at max it has 3% hit.)

so,twin mayalee-does it have similar damage output?similar I mean how the other ultimate arts excel over the elemental bullets and then have a special effect?

basically Im asking whether or not its worth it to try this out,or stick with elemental bullets.I know the zalure that it adds on will also add to the damage output,but Im talking base figures here.I'm looking for max damage output.

thanks

Eleina
Jun 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
Yes it is worth it

Akaimizu
Jun 7, 2007, 02:58 PM
Twin MayaLee is a gun that takes a little off the direct attack power of elemental bullets; but puts a near Guarranteed Zalure on any distant enemy it hits for more than 0. This affects any enemy that is not a Boss (with their own FMV sequence).

Generally a useful application of Zalure without having to get in close. Can be applied very quickly, and Direct Damage people can take advantage of it. Figunners have had mixed opinions on it; but it's nicer in the hands of a Guntecher, who can use level 21+ bullets and turn it to a Level 3 Zalure effect+plus damage. In a Figunner's hands, they can take it up to a Level 2 Zalure+plus direct bullet damage.

Take note, you wont use this on true Bosses, and you may also put it away when in a party full of Force types. However, with gunners and/or hunters in the party, it does help everybody else inflict more combined direct damage. Especially if you're facing bullet resistant enemies with which you simply want your Melee artists to wreck them more in payment for their insolance of being bullet resistant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-07 13:01 ]</font>

majan
Jun 7, 2007, 03:13 PM
okay thanks,but in terms of damage numbers..slighlty less than elemental bullets??

SolomonGrundy
Jun 7, 2007, 03:28 PM
should be close damage wise, if you compare the damage to un-zalured elemental bullets.

21+ elemental bullerts are 24%
Zalure at 21+ is 20% defense down. So at worst we are talking 4%

Gryph05
Jun 7, 2007, 04:33 PM
Twin Mayalee is great, and if your going for max damage output, run through tagging everything with mayalee, then switch over to your elemental. That's going to give you your best outputs.

-EDIT- Oops....typed Mayalee hit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryph05 on 2007-06-07 14:48 ]</font>

Syl
Jun 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
As that one guy put:

HEL YEH

Soukosa
Jun 7, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-06-07 13:28, SolomonGrundy wrote:
should be close damage wise, if you compare the damage to un-zalured elemental bullets.

Except enemies have a 5% elemental mod which increases the effective elemental mod on the weapon by that much. Then again, there's also the fact that the known percents for the buffs are wrong. Deband has a greater boost to DFP than the other buffs to their respective stats. I'll have to go and check Zalure to see if it's the same.

XenithFlare
Jun 7, 2007, 08:52 PM
Twin Mayalee has a higher damage % than the rest of the bullets, but the lack of element means that it technically does less damage. Of course, Zalure evens that up for the most part.

Jakosifer
Jun 8, 2007, 01:02 AM
Also you shouldn't be using Twin Mayalee for direct damage anyway. Simply for the SE and then switch to something else. Thats the BEST way to use it IMO. Unless you're trying to lvl it up.

And to answer the original question...Twin Mayalee = My lifesaver. So yes, its worthit.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 8, 2007, 01:26 AM
On 2007-06-07 14:52, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-06-07 13:28, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Except enemies have a 5% elemental mod which increases the effective elemental mod on the weapon by that much. Then again, there's also the fact that the known percents for the buffs are wrong. Deband has a greater boost to DFP than the other buffs to their respective stats. I'll have to go and check Zalure to see if it's the same.

WHAT??

Criss
Jun 8, 2007, 01:53 AM
Twin Mayalee does have higher damage, but it lacks element to truly make it stand out damage-wise. You're better off simply using it to apply the debuff, then switch to a better-damage weapon. Especially since it takes more PP than other bullets.

Nuclearranger
Jun 8, 2007, 02:25 AM
I just got it and it levels pretty fast too

gambit04
Jun 8, 2007, 02:39 AM
On 2007-06-08 00:25, NuclearRanger wrote:
I just got it and it levels pretty fast too

I think most bullets lvl the same...

They lvl fast until they reach lvl 15 then they seem to take forever. Could just be me >.>