PDA

View Full Version : PS2/PC = Red headed stepchild?

Mutt12
Jun 7, 2007, 03:23 PM
Okay, so this has been bugging me for a while. Why the heck is the Xbox 360 version getting all this exclusive content while the Ps2/PC is left in the dirt? I mean they get nifty Sonic character room decorations, special giveaways, and now they're getting that Sonic 16th anniversary stuff going on in the lobbies. Makes me feel that they don't give a damn about the people on PC/Ps2.

Eleina
Jun 7, 2007, 03:24 PM
Because the 360 population is larger i guess

Retehi
Jun 7, 2007, 03:26 PM
Eh, Sonic sucked in every aspect after the Saturday morning cartoon anyway.

Yeah I said it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Helly
Jun 7, 2007, 03:26 PM
Its funny since we were the original target systems. Did the PC players even get a beta/demo?

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-06-07 13:23, Mutt12 wrote:
Okay, so this has been bugging me for a while. Why the heck is the Xbox 360 version getting all this exclusive content while the Ps2/PC is left in the dirt? I mean they get nifty Sonic character room decorations, special giveaways, and now they're getting that Sonic 16th anniversary stuff going on in the lobbies. Makes me feel that they don't give a damn about the people on PC/Ps2.

I'd actually guess that Xbox/Microsoft are throwing money at sega to make all exclusive bits and treats like that to make people switch from the Ps2 and PC to the Xbox.

VanHalen
Jun 7, 2007, 03:28 PM
Well we got the Tricktrack or w/e that song is called on Bruce's Dungeon if that counts for anything.

JAFO22000
Jun 7, 2007, 03:28 PM
PC/PS2 is getting the Sonic lobby as well.

About the decos, they were a promotional item for those who played the demo, then bought an account. Is is a bit unfair that they only provided these for the 360, but I suppose they could've only provided a demo for those on PC, and allowing the PC gamers to receive something that the PS2 gamers would not be able to receive would be unfair as well, considering they play on the same server.

I would not be surprised if ST finds another way to distribute these items to those on the PC/PS2 servers. It is only fair that you guys should have a chance to receive them as well.

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-06-07 13:28, JAFO22000 wrote:
PC/PS2 is getting the Sonic lobby as well.

About the decos, they were a promotional item for those who played the demo, then bought an account. Is is a bit unfair that they only provided these for the 360, but I suppose they could've only provided a demo for those on PC, and allowing the PC gamers to receive something that the PS2 gamers would not be able to receive would be unfair as well, considering they play on the same server.

I would not be surprised if ST finds another way to distribute these items to those on the PC/PS2 servers. It is only fair that you guys should have a chance to receive them as well.

Demo disks on the front of Ps2 official, maybe?

VanHalen
Jun 7, 2007, 03:32 PM
I'm kinda surprised about the non demo for the PC myself. I mean you can just download it on to your PC and play it from there.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 7, 2007, 04:20 PM
The only way I will be switching from PC to Xbox is if Bill Gates himself buys me a damned Xbox.

A2K
Jun 7, 2007, 04:30 PM
I'd imagine it actually has more to do with how easy it is to deploy a demo over the Xbox Marketplace than anything else. Playstation 2 doesn't have anything of the sort, and while there are a few options on PC, I don't believe Sega's had any sort of agreement with them (not to mention, the sort of gamer PSU attracts isn't exactly the same as, say, the type that makes use of something like Steam, either).

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:20, KiteWolfwood wrote:
The only way I will be switching from PC to Xbox is if Bill Gates himself buys me a damned Xbox.

Ask him. I dare you.

JAFO22000
Jun 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:30, A2K wrote:
I'd imagine it actually has more to do with how easy it is to deploy a demo over the Xbox Marketplace than anything else. Playstation 2 doesn't have anything of the sort, and while there are a few options on PC, I don't believe Sega's had any sort of agreement with them (not to mention, the sort of gamer PSU attracts isn't exactly the same as, say, the type that makes use of something like Steam, either).

Exactly. It's also easy to track XBL gamertags to see who played the demo, then purchased a Guardians License. I'm not exactly sure how this feat could be accomplished on PS2.

Golto
Jun 7, 2007, 04:58 PM
The JPN 360 version uses the NA/EU servers.

A2K
Jun 7, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:40, JAFO22000 wrote:
Exactly. It's also easy to track XBL gamertags to see who played the demo, then purchased a Guardians License. I'm not exactly sure how this feat could be accomplished on PS2.

I believe what they actually check are the logs from the demo servers and compare them to any new accounts created on the retail ones (based on partner card number). It's a feat that could easily be accomplished on PS2. In fact, I believe they did just that for the Japanese premiere disc? Or was it the PC trial?

JAFO22000
Jun 7, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-06-07 15:00, A2K wrote:
I believe what they actually check are the logs from the demo servers and compare them to any new accounts created on the retail ones (based on partner card number). It's a feat that could easily be accomplished on PS2. In fact, I believe they did just that for the Japanese premiere disc? Or was it the PC trial?

That's right, I totally forgot about that! For the AoI demo they gave the beta testers PA frags and meseta I believe.

Disregard my earlier comments. I figured it'd be easier for them to track XBL accounts for the figures the did give out. But I suppose it can be done other ways.

Serephim
Jun 7, 2007, 08:03 PM
We are getting those things...

Almighty_Envy
Jun 7, 2007, 08:08 PM
I think personally ST hates pc/ps2 population because there isnt as much people as the 360 so ST gets less money, just my idea.

JK