PDA

View Full Version : I have a horrilble feeling...

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 04:05 PM
That Ragol's implementation in AoI will be really.

Mind numbingly.

Boring.

I'm guessing "LOL VR TRAINING 4 U!"

Because that seems like a very sega-y thing to do.

I want plot twists goddamnit!

KiteWolfwood
Jun 7, 2007, 04:12 PM
PSU happened before PSO. The Relics in PSO is really a hive ship! And Dark Falz is Ethan! Dun DUN DUH!

Jokes aside. It will be interesting to how they incorporate it into PSU.

Retehi
Jun 7, 2007, 04:13 PM
PSO fanboys will take their tacked on Forest 1, and love it.

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:12, KiteWolfwood wrote:
PSU happened before PSO. The Relics in PSO is really a hive ship! And Dark Falz is Ethan! Dun DUN DUH!

Jokes aside. It will be interesting to how they incorporate it into PSU.

If it is VR, I will switch to Wartecher in a fit of anger.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
They will have to really spice it up though. PSU characters in PSO. Talk about overpowered.

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 04:20 PM
True. Especially seeing as characters run at the speed booglebangers or whatever do on ultimate. =/

Either that or they could just scale it all up! =D

A2K
Jun 7, 2007, 04:21 PM
It looks to be a bonus for the fans, and nothing more; somewhat akin to Green Hill in Sonic Adventure 2. No way to be certain, of course, but we'll see when it finally releases.

The beta's version of the mission had it "taking place in another dimension" or some such.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 7, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:21, A2K wrote:
The beta's version of the mission had it "taking place in another dimension" or some such.

You just made me spill my cola all over my pants. I hope you're happy. XD

F-Gattaca
Jun 7, 2007, 04:26 PM
The thing that piques my interest about Ragol's appearance in AoI is the theme song's lyrics. "We will choose to fight / for a world beyond." Ragol certainly is a world beyond, even if it's in another dimension.

That--not to mention the connections and similarities pre-existing between PSU and PSO--raise the possibility that Ragol might wind up being part of the AoI story. I sure hope so.

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 04:28 PM
Welllllll.

My take on it was pretty freaking obscure.

But sounds just about awful enough to be Sega-y!

You know the... (crap, I can't remember)

CONTAINMENT SYSTEM!

That's the one.

It doesn't so much actually destroy SEED as sweep them under the carpet.

I was thinking the alternate dimension where they ended up might have been Ragol or something?

=/

Long shot?

KiteWolfwood
Jun 7, 2007, 04:30 PM
I don't care to much about the mission myself. I just hope they end up putting all of PSO's music into PSU somehow. I still like my idea about the Jukebox room items. First you get the Jukebox then you buy the CD's and then you can put um in. If you have played Animal Crossing then just think of the music players in that.

landman
Jun 7, 2007, 05:08 PM
I'm more on the side that this is just a cameo and it has nothing to do with the story in PSU

A2K
Jun 7, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:22, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-06-07 14:21, A2K wrote:
You just made me spill my cola all over my pants. I hope you're happy. XD

I'm not kidding, either, unfortunately. After hearing this I was actually hoping they pulled the "LOL VR" nonsense they did in PSO.

In the trial, the mission was accessed from the Space Dock. There's always a chance of it changing in the final release, of course. But if it doesn't, given how vague the descriptor was, I suspect it won't have anything to do with what's going on in Gurhal.

Weeaboolits
Jun 7, 2007, 05:23 PM
Regardless of how they fit it into the game, it'll be nice to be able to kill boomas again. ;]

Zorafim
Jun 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-06-07 14:17, KiteWolfwood wrote:
They will have to really spice it up though. PSU characters in PSO. Talk about overpowered.

Don't you mean underpowered?

Kimil
Jun 7, 2007, 05:35 PM
What if its, ONline onry Cooper ? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

natewifi
Jun 7, 2007, 05:35 PM
The muic thing wasnt really your idea :3. On a side note, ST seems like they were just trying to stall the players with the dimension excuse on the beta atm, so it might change somehow.

F-Gattaca
Jun 7, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-06-07 15:35, natewifi wrote:
The muic thing wasnt really your idea :3. On a side note, ST seems like they were just trying to stall the players with the dimension excuse on the beta atm, so it might change somehow.

... Are they capable of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes on the level of Metal Gear Solid 2? Y'know, with all the PR engineering they did to make Snake look like the hero throughout the whole game?

Oh, Ethan! Hold me, like you did in the viewing plaza on Guardians Colony; so long ago when there was nothing but our love! No politics, no plotting, no Ragol!

*squirts coke out ears* Pfhaahahaha!

pikachief
Jun 7, 2007, 05:57 PM
the level is pretty good. Its a good mix of PSU and PSO, it has PSO forest music and PSO enemies, the level looks like forest but the level design in PSU-ish and the vil de vears dont mix and there isnt a dragon at the end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

still pretty fun, but could've been better

Tyde
Jun 7, 2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I think that it'll be more of a homage to PSO rather than a serious part of the PSU storyline. Seeing as they are two different games, I'd be kinda disappointed if they start to blend the two together too much.

That said I'm still looking forward to running through it. ( and probably dieing by the hands of the first Booma I see, like when I first played PSO, lol )

Helly
Jun 7, 2007, 06:52 PM
I'd rather have PSO in PSU then Sonic. Sadly it seems like we're getting both. >_>

PALRAPPYS
Jun 7, 2007, 06:53 PM
I hope they change the volfu to savage wolves and make a new reskin of Bil De Vears. I don't care if it's a reskin, gib Bilde's.

Well, it's just a beta; Sega still has to finish up this expansion ya know! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif