PDA

View Full Version : newb help. levels

darthplagis
Jun 8, 2007, 11:03 AM
hi guys, well after a few months of bashing offline mode to bits i finally have a credit card.

now here is the Q.

i wanna help purify moatoob ASAP!! but obviously @ lvl1 im not any use.

got any tips on quick lvl gaining?

im on 360 BTW.

and i prefer hunters with maybe a bit of force, so what class to aim for?

Weeaboolits
Jun 8, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-06-08 09:03, darthplagis wrote:
i prefer hunters with maybe a bit of force, so what class to aim for?Probly Wartecher then. ;]

StanleyPain
Jun 8, 2007, 04:43 PM
From about Level 1-10 your best bet will probably the Linear Line missions on the Colony, and the C-Rank Mad Creatures and Sleeping Warriors missions on Parum, unless you regularly party with other people and want to try things like Plains Overlord and other, somewhat more difficult missions with other people.
Remember to do the initial tutorial when you first get online so you get an NPC partner card, then do the very first Episode 2 online story missions to get Laia Martinez's card, so that way you have a couple NPCs you can solo with if need be.
In my own personal experience, between about levels 11-25, the best overall experience rewards come from running the three mission set on Moatoob Valley of Carnage/Mine Defense/Tunnel Recapture.
Right now with Firebreak, though, it's definitely worth lower level characters spamming the crap out of Neudaiz missions (particularly the first Firebreak mission) for the Mission Points awarded, which will level up your character type much quicker than the standard missions.

Weeaboolits
Jun 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
Moved into PSU General? Classy. ;]

danny_o
Jun 8, 2007, 04:51 PM
Go for Linear Line, those are the only missions with lvl 1 and lvl 5 monsters. I don't know why but Sega never made any other missions with monsters that low level. But the monsters are slow moving and don't hit too hard. Oh wait, you finished offline...guess I don't need to give you the run down! But they are the lowest level guys you can find. Run it a few times, then look for missions with lvl 10 monsters, like the first one from Parum East, and the first HIVE mission.

You can also hit up the G-Colony guardians counter and do some story missions. Those have level 1 monsters for chapter 1, and level 2~3 monsters for chapter 2. You will also get some NPC partner cards which will help with soloing. Laia ROCKS, has insane-o defense and will probably never get killed so long as you aren't to reckless. The drops for the online story missions are also inexplicably good. I have found a lot of ash/wood on the first chapter's mission.

Esufer
Jun 8, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-06-08 09:03, darthplagis wrote:
hi guys, well after a few months of bashing offline mode to bits i finally have a credit card.

now here is the Q.

i wanna help purify moatoob ASAP!! but obviously @ lvl1 im not any use.

got any tips on quick lvl gaining?

im on 360 BTW.

and i prefer hunters with maybe a bit of force, so what class to aim for?

Linear Line C to 10,

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE B TO ENDGAME!

worked for me. =]

darthplagis
Jun 8, 2007, 07:49 PM
ok, cool. thats pretty much my tactics for extra mode too.

i know neudiaz FB missions are handy for MP and stuff but i wanna help in purifying moatoob. i guess a few hours/days wouldnt be too bad to level up on neudiaz.

i'll hopefully see a few of you guys online. i'll either be a beast hunter (male pure hunter maybe figunner), or a newman hunter (wartech female, going for the HUnewearl look)

KiteWolfwood
Jun 9, 2007, 02:39 AM
On 2007-06-08 14:56, Esufer wrote:
Linear Line C to 10,

worked for me. =]

Not to hijack but Hive B to endgame? Explain yourself.

Kion
Jun 9, 2007, 03:22 AM
You an also go cast, pick up a gun and head to moatoob. You'll level up about once every thirty seconds. assuming there's strong enough people in the party you shouldn't be too much of a bother. just don't die or make constant nub comments and what not.
pm me if you want to do some power leveling.

ashley50
Jun 9, 2007, 05:01 AM
Be a ranger at start grab a few Spare Rifles, a Rifle Bullet skill and Join Random parties. TAG AWAY!!!

(Worked for me EVERYTIME!!!)

Tyde
Jun 9, 2007, 07:19 AM
I'm a fairly low level (lvl 18), but feel free to PM me if you want a hand to do any runs cos I could do with the experience myself, lol. I should warn you that I've not really partyed before, so it could make for a interesting game, heh

Esufer
Jun 9, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-06-09 00:39, KiteWolfwood wrote:

On 2007-06-08 14:56, Esufer wrote:
Linear Line C to 10,

worked for me. =]

Not to hijack but Hive B to endgame? Explain yourself.

Easily soloable, good enough exp and about 2-3k a run. Can't be beat. ^_^

Saigan
Jun 9, 2007, 07:33 AM
find the hardest mission with people running it you can join and tag with a gun while staying out of the way, you should reach 20 damn quick.