PDA

View Full Version : Middle levels getting screwed?

Kion
Jun 8, 2007, 03:34 PM
The fire break missions are definately not mid-level friendly. There's a huge gap between B and A rank. B has level 40 monsters max, and A jumps to level 80+, leaving level 50 characters stuck in the middle as B provides almost no exp to level up for A.
Anyone else think the levels are poorly balanced?

DEM_CIG
Jun 8, 2007, 03:38 PM
I agree one of my characters r at lvl 40 and i hardly ever do the fb missions anymore... its not that i lost interest its that there is no point to do fb missions when i hardly get exp from them.

Kanaan
Jun 8, 2007, 03:39 PM
I do.

itsgetting hard to level up in mid levels...

A2K
Jun 8, 2007, 03:44 PM
I believe the event missions reward you with bonus experience points for killing enemies--although I don't think the bonus makes LV60 monsters give LV80 experience or anything, unfortunately.

In any case, in order to attain Rank S you'll probably end up skipping a lot of monsters for many of them as it is, so they were never that great for experience points to begin with. The real draw is the Rank S completion awards and the high-level item drops in Seabed Blaze and Urgent Order A.

RedX
Jun 8, 2007, 03:44 PM
40's yes, 50's no. Getting through 40 is hard, period.

JAFO22000
Jun 8, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-06-08 13:44, A2K wrote:
I believe the event missions reward you with bonus experience points for killing enemies--although I don't think the bonus makes LV60 monsters give LV80 experience or anything, unfortunately.

In any case, in order to attain Rank S you'll probably end up skipping a lot of monsters for many of them as it is, so they were never that great for experience points to begin with. The real draw is the Rank S completion awards and the high-level item drops in Seabed Blaze and Urgent Order A.

Exactly. This is an event. If you want experience during the event, run the Moatoob FB mission. It gives the best experience of the new missions.

Helly
Jun 8, 2007, 04:14 PM
Well it isn't just exp they are losing out on, its now also great new rare drops to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Realmz
Jun 8, 2007, 04:24 PM
i'm glad i'm doing these missions on my new character, i actually get stuff from them. my gunner couldn't get anything from them

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 8, 2007, 04:49 PM
you can still get twin kitty claws, jao statue, the new aura... from the Jaggo on B

anyways, there are missions for every 5 levels or so... it's just that this is an event. And obviously the higher rank people get chances at more rares... isn't that just how games work?

THE JACKEL

DreamLocke
Jun 8, 2007, 05:09 PM
The low levels benifit the most! People are getting their advanced classes in the 1x levels now. Not fair for the veterans who earned them the hard way.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 8, 2007, 05:41 PM
I was a Wartecher at like level 7 compared to my main who was a Fighgunner at 40+. Talk about a level difference.

Niloklives
Jun 8, 2007, 06:57 PM
as far as mid levels not finding S ranks...you DO know lvl 100 polhavoras and lvl 100 jarbas show up...? normally to see those you need to be lvl 75. in general these missions have lower reqs than they should, so the reality is they're cutting people a break and dishing out insane MP

Almighty_Envy
Jun 9, 2007, 12:30 AM
Mid lvl classes do get the "shaft"

B rank i can easily kill

A rank i can easily get my a** handed to me on a silver plater

Isabella
Jun 9, 2007, 12:33 AM
lol A rank urgent is hella fun though, I get like 1500 xp from the killing hit on jarbas

Almighty_Envy
Jun 9, 2007, 12:35 AM
lol yeah i lvld 2 lvls today and am half way though lvl 74 xD

VanHalen
Jun 9, 2007, 12:36 AM
On 2007-06-08 14:49, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
you can still get twin kitty claws, jao statue, the new aura... from the Jaggo on B

anyways, there are missions for every 5 levels or so... it's just that this is an event. And obviously the higher rank people get chances at more rares... isn't that just how games work?

THE JACKEL

You made me happy by reading that. Getting to level 50 last night was not in vain *cries*

Scion
Jun 9, 2007, 01:17 AM
It's really making me upset, kinda.

I would LOVE to do Sealab A with my alt, but I can't because he's not high enough, yet.

I could do it as my main, but I'd really like to take advantage of the rewards that these missions have to give (other than the meseta...but even then, I'm putting that to good use too lol).

Now I understand where all the Crimson hate is coming from. It does suck having the feeling of only having two options when there truly is more. ><

I'm glad I have friends that are willing to help, but I really don't like forcing people out of their way just for me.

With all that said, these missions are great. I just a little annoyed on how A rank gives way more than B, or how the mission after that has superior rewards in comparison to the other one (thus, people do that more, leaving the ones who can't do it stuck).

But, that just means I gotta work and search harder! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 9, 2007, 03:51 AM
the entire game is like that... You can get the best A rank weapons in the late 40s while you have to wait nearly 20lvls for low lvl S ranks for the most part. It's not that you can't use those S rank weapons either...it's that you simply can't get them cuz you can't get anything to trade for them, nor can you hunt them due to lvl.

The rewards need to be severely reworked for the entire game for the degree of difficulty and when you can use the items. But then again Sega has never been very good with this... HUcasts on PSO had thier max equipment by lvl 120 and got nothing to motivate them for the next 80 lvls... at least others had motivation till lvl 150-160... but even then there was 40 lvls that were useless and had no benefits in actually getting.

Saigan
Jun 9, 2007, 07:29 AM
Wait a sec... you can get the Puyo unit on B rank?

February
Jun 9, 2007, 08:34 AM
On 2007-06-09 05:29, Saigan wrote:
Wait a sec... you can get the Puyo unit on B rank?

If this is the case, I'll totally help you guys get some.

DurakkenX
Jun 9, 2007, 09:23 AM
you can get it on C-rank v.v