PDA

View Full Version : Why does luck seem to have a demotivating effect on me?

Esufer
Jun 9, 2007, 11:14 AM
Every time I get three star luck, I always seem to end up AFKing too much or not wanting to play. Either that or something'll happen to make me mad and I'll jut not really do anything...

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

majan
Jun 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
yep.happens to me too.I had +3 on my techer yesterday and I played with him for about 20 mins.the rest was on my cast...

its motivating,but drop rates are SUCH garbage,you're better off just winging it and just going on pure true luck rather than sparkles next to your name. I use that shit more for grinding purposes than hunting for rares. I mean sure Ill hunt a little more when I have some luck but its nothing that will change my day's plans. hunting rares with +3 luck just makes it +3 times more annoying when you spam rainbow beast for 5 hours and get nothing but 4 vulcalines and a few neu ebons. no fuka's, no uransaras.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-06-09 09:21 ]</font>

Hath_Wrobo
Jun 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
Same thing here. It could be because of past experiences with hunting with +3 luck. For example, every +3 luck day I had with my beast, I would do constant rainbow beast S2 runs looking for the fuka-misaki board. After many, maannnny runs of it, I never find it. So now everytime I see a +3 luck day, I guess I naturally think of the dissapointment. What you have to do, is just play the game without even caring about the luck. I try to do that, and it works for me.

ThEoRy
Jun 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
I have felt this too. I've even wasted 3 star luck a couple of times by not even playing. I knew I had 3 star luck, but I was reluctant about putting the game on.

pionear
Jun 9, 2007, 11:38 AM
It seems like the drop rates for photon fortune is broken. I don't think I've ever gotten a uber-rare on 3 luck star days.

Orikalin
Jun 9, 2007, 12:13 PM
actually, I have to agree with pioneer somewhat. I've noticed also that I'm at my best with 2* luck. here is my 2 to 3 star luck comparison when hunting for BH:

2* luck: I got a rare map after 4 tries, no BH, then 8 tries later, another rare map, and 2 bh in one run.

3* luck: countless maps, hunted for about 8 hours in that one day, with short breaks, not a single rare map

my synopsis: 3* is for grinding, 2* is for hunting
3* in an S or S2 = ridiculious amount of crap rares
2* in S or S2 = more rare board drops, and better chance of rare enemies/boss box drops.

keep in mind this is based on nothing but my experiences.

Dhylec
Jun 9, 2007, 12:19 PM
The so-called lv3 luck is good for grinding & regular drops. If you aren't grinding or hunting something, it doesn't matter.

Neith
Jun 9, 2007, 01:01 PM
2* luck > 3*, at least in my case.

Still, all the really good stuff I've found was on 0-1*.... I just do the occasional runs for S-Ranks now, the droprates are so stupid that it seems pointless devoting hours to them. I did that too much in PSO, and it didn't get me the item I wanted. Even on there, the one 'uber' I found was a fluke.