PDA

View Full Version : new phantasy star?( i am not talking about psu)...........

PSOgamer17
Jun 9, 2007, 03:39 PM
i have heard rumors of another addition to th phantasy star collection. from what i have heard it is a ramped up pso, with new maps, characters and weapons. can anyone verify this? and if you can any information is more than welcomed. thank you.

A2K
Jun 9, 2007, 03:43 PM
Sounds entirely made up. All of the Phantasy Star news as of late has been centered around the PSU expansion, Ambition of the Illuminus.

Edit: Actually, on second thought, it might actually be Ambition of the Illuminus that you're hearing about. Do a forum search.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-06-09 13:45 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jun 9, 2007, 03:57 PM
Meh, I'd be dissapointed if they put any effort into PSO when PSU is already out. Another Phantasy Star RPG I'm all for, but if you've got effort to put into PSO, you've got effort to put into PSU.

Serephim
Jun 9, 2007, 04:56 PM
I expect AoI to be a blowout in terms of content for PSU.

If it isnt, then for the next few years PSU is going to die.

Getintothegame
Jun 9, 2007, 05:16 PM
To be honest, I'd like to see most of the PSO stages come back. I really don't care how they'd fit in the story line, but it would help. I have a really good feeling that AoI will make PSU better.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 9, 2007, 05:57 PM
To me AoI is the savior of psu.

PsyGuy
Jun 9, 2007, 06:22 PM
Lets hope your right.

Sinue_v2
Jun 9, 2007, 06:34 PM
You can be sure that somewhere, someone at Sega is cooking up ideas for the next Phantasy Star title. It won't be an expansion to PSO, or to PSU. It also will be an entirely new game with an entirely new setting.

Sorry, but PSO is dead from a commercial standpoint. The best you could hope for now is a Blue Burst release on a console platform, or some sort of anthology re-release. Sega LOVES re-releasing old Phantasy Star games on new hardware, though PSO might be the exception since it requires them to maintain servers. They might not be willing to go that route.

It'll likely be about four years before we see the next Phantasy Star game release, so you're gonna have to make due with PSU in the mean time.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 9, 2007, 07:16 PM
gods i pray Wow works/Overworks whatever team Rie Kodama and "Yoshibon" are in that they are allowed to create an all-new Phantasy Star rpg (not PSU/PSO type even though i love 'em). They did a great job with "Eternal Arcadia" a.k.a. "Skies of Arcadia".

There *is* Yoshibon's (lead conceptual designer/artist/etc of PsIV)
own speculative Ps IV:tEotM "sequel"/sidestory about
how Chaz (Rudy Ashuley) was killed, and Rika ( Fal ) becomeing a Hunter and having Chaz's (Rudy's) son Rui (half Numan);
and their adventures together....

I'd love to see that developed into a full RPG, and a cool clone of Nei should be in it.... or a "Nei Third".. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

landman
Jun 10, 2007, 02:16 AM
I don't thing sega is going to release a "new" phantasy star, if they didn't release the complete "trilogi" in the sega ages remake and now they are releasing the emulated rom collections such as megadrive collection or phantasy star collection (JP)

Or maybe they are taking too long with generation 3 (PSIV remake) because they are adding all the mega CD stuff that was not released in the original game : D~~

MayLee
Jun 10, 2007, 02:27 AM
I think your talking about Ambition of Illuminous..

Its an expantion to PSU.