PDA

View Full Version : Is AOI for online chars only?What about your extra mode char

Saligun
Jun 9, 2007, 08:06 PM
It says you can use you own char in AOI but your own char can already do all the online missions,so maybe this is for extra mode chars since there the ones who haven't been given anything new to do yet.Anyway extra mode chars already are very limited and all the new thing being add are things they don't have yet like they do online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-06-09 18:09 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jun 9, 2007, 08:13 PM
Online means online. Your extra mode characters are offline. I don't see why ST should give them the online treatment.

Now, a new or an addition to extra mode for AOI, hm.. that could happen.

Raven5_1
Jun 9, 2007, 08:29 PM
personally i'm wishing that the story mode for AOI follows the pso/online story mode structure it would make sense as the story would continue from the online story.

Soukosa
Jun 9, 2007, 09:16 PM
The story in AoI should follow through where it stops at in the online story missions. Be a continuation of episode 2 or an entirely new episode is anyone's guess. I personally would find it rather annoying to have to continue on the story offline and I would think that they would rather have it be online since that's just more money for them. Having it offline would also throw those who haven't been online at all completely off. So if there is gonna be an offline story mode, it'll likely just be episode 2 with the online story missions melted into a consistant mode for it.

Though, I wouldn't be holding my breath for any new offline stuff, if anything at all. This is an online game after all and making stuff for offline only eats up what they can make available for online, with both disc space and development time. It may be true that the beta client had a disabled option for story mode in it, but it could just be then recycling the client and not removing that. It didn't have some features that the JP client had at the time afterall, such as word wrap and AA support.

Saligun
Jun 9, 2007, 09:26 PM
Why have extra mode if adding to it would be such a hardship for sega?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-06-09 19:26 ]</font>