PDA

View Full Version : Been curious about this

Arieta
Jun 10, 2007, 08:47 AM
I stopped playing awhile ago because there was a lot of cheating and hacking going on with the PC version. So I was just curious if that's still pretty rampart around at all? I always liked the game but was bummed out that most things were made useless by the duping and such.

Mostly just curious if it's as bad as it was several months ago. Where it seemed like everyone I talked to had 99 million.

Ermac
Jun 10, 2007, 10:18 AM
Well there's no more illegal items since sega did a wipe of the server, although there is still some people that have a lot of meseta. Don't be surprised though, the new missions give a lot of good rewards like meseta, mp, exp, and rares.

DurakkenX
Jun 10, 2007, 10:20 AM
>.> it was never really bad to begin with v.v

pikachief
Jun 10, 2007, 10:22 AM
there is still people with all 999999999 meseta and such, but thats cuz their holding on to it, there isnt much "haxeta" floating around anymore :/

at least thats what has been told to me.

but i did try out the PC version a while back and the hacking really wasnt that bad in the first place, y did it bother u?

XanGabriel
Jun 10, 2007, 10:22 AM
*nods Mine acc expired right before FireBreak, and I didnt renew until about 4 days ago... I missed out on a bit, but I still got a couple exclusive items... If nothing else, rejoining now is more based on opinion as to whether or not YOU choose you want to come back, but the only way to do that is to see for yourself. >>;;; As in my case, I only bought a month seeing as to how when I left, it was going downhill anyways (no new missions, only S-Rank missions, waste-of-time hotspots and lack of "adventure-drive" in most players, the likes...) But as for the hacking and duping, its pretty much gone now. The wipe was done back in... ehh... March(?)... I cant recall exactly, but I, since then, still have approximately 19 mil on me char XXDDD Trying to hold on to it for as long as I can in case someone has something in their shop, y'know... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Arieta
Jun 10, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-06-10 08:22, pikachief wrote:
there is still people with all 999999999 meseta and such, but thats cuz their holding on to it, there isnt much "haxeta" floating around anymore :/

at least thats what has been told to me.

but i did try out the PC version a while back and the hacking really wasnt that bad in the first place, y did it bother u?

It mostly bothered me, not the money part, but with people able to make weapons insta. If anyone remembers that, but there was a hack that let people make anything they wanted insta. Couple that with the duping, you could pretty much make unlimited weapons till you got 50% in everything you wanted in a hour or so.

So yea that bummed me out =Þ

good to know that the stuffs gone now though, the illegal weapons at least. Never cared about the money since I always had a ton myself since I made my own stuff and sold the spares. So I knew how it was with that.

Figured I'd try the game again since I loved it. But gameguard won't let me hah =/ It tries to patch and just keeps stopping half way through some 22 meg patch

Mayu
Jun 10, 2007, 10:54 AM
Most weapons that were hacked are now gone

Except for Duped 10 stars -_-(CD Rucar Halarod)

Haxeta is ummm dead, Still recovering

Photon Prices are still retarded -_-(Rays...mostly)

But no It's not as bad as it was of the Day of the hackers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KiteWolfwood
Jun 10, 2007, 02:33 PM
When I renewed my account I found someone haxed me an took all my meseta. 2-3 days later I had over 2mil. Well I did until I went on a shopping spree. Firebreak is a great time to come back.

Powder Keg
Jun 10, 2007, 02:34 PM
If the very little hacking that went on in this game bothered you, then it might do you good to not bother playing any online game at all, considering this is a grain of sand compared to other games.

Kimil
Jun 10, 2007, 02:39 PM
Insta? Duping? -_-;

There were no real hackers around, just script kiddies...

All they could do was create Meseta and Board Switch ( turn a Monomate baord into an S rank Board )... So All they really did was Buy lots of Synth Mats, make Rare Synthing boards, and Synth a lot... lol Insta... XD

Sinue_v2
Jun 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
I would personally contend that the level of cheating has gone down not really because of anything Sega or GameGuard did - but because the game just doesn't have the population draw that other targets have. There's really not much talent left in the cheating community. Not to say that there was a lot to begin with - but there were a few.

I think that if PSU became popular and it's population increased substancially, you'd see a return of cheating as well.

Kimil
Jun 10, 2007, 02:44 PM
Sinue... Hmm, I never thought of it that way

So, I'm hoping the population stays as it is now, I still play the game fine (ppl who bitch about the population can just STFU IMO)

Any lower and this get bad, any higher and hackers will try again. 600-750 People when ever I'm on? Just fine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dragwind
Jun 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
PSU atm seems to be in a prime, come back now. Hacking/cheat is barely exsistant.