PDA

View Full Version : Fire Break Concerns.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jun 10, 2007, 09:07 AM
First off, yeah everyone i'm sure has said this before, so by all means if this topic needs to be delete Go ahead.

But anyway, The fire break seems to be slowing down abit right? It's been two weeks now and we should've had Mot much more purfied by now if we focused on it. Yet apparently Neudaiz is still being purifed, why? There's enough points onf Neudaiz to purify it 1.5 times just about. But Neudaiz was done last week.

So, why are we still doing neudaiz missions?

Not that i'm saying this in a angry tone, I'm just wonder, who's still doing those missions when we need to be focusing on the planets that still aren't even at 50%.

Now, i believe (as i've seena round this forum) That we can contact most of the Ps2/PC players through this forum, and if not on the actual Servers. And 360 plays make the majority of our points. That and not nearly as many 360 players are on PSOW, or the Official forums. (right?)

So, how would we go about getting the word out to everyone, everywhere that "Hey guys, we gotta focus on Mot/Parum, Sure Parum has S-ranks and a rare monster now, but Mot eally needs to be finished."

With Parum having S-ranks and a rare mob now, i guess it's too much to ask for EVERYONE to move back to mot. but hey we could get a majority right?

Excuse me if i'm just complaining, i guess i'm just concerned, this is our first big event. This will set the tone of the rest of the events. If we screw this one up, how do you think we'll fair with Fami-cup (Hmm, EGM-cup?)

Allison_W
Jun 10, 2007, 10:28 AM
On 2007-06-10 07:07, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
First off, yeah everyone i'm sure has said this before, so by all means if this topic needs to be delete Go ahead.

But anyway, The fire break seems to be slowing down abit right? It's been two weeks now and we should've had Mot much more purfied by now if we focused on it. Yet apparently Neudaiz is still being purifed, why? There's enough points onf Neudaiz to purify it 1.5 times just about. But Neudaiz was done last week.

So, why are we still doing neudaiz missions?

360 players.

And to tell the truth, if I ever manage to get my alt made and committed to before the event's over, I'll probably do a little Neudaiz with her for quick MP before I hit the other planets.

Not that i'm saying this in a angry tone, I'm just wonder, who's still doing those missions when we need to be focusing on the planets that still aren't even at 50%.

Parum's gonna be fine. Moatoob's screwed.

Now, i believe (as i've seena round this forum) That we can contact most of the Ps2/PC players through this forum, and if not on the actual Servers. And 360 plays make the majority of our points. That and not nearly as many 360 players are on PSOW, or the Official forums. (right?)

Something like that.

So, how would we go about getting the word out to everyone, everywhere that "Hey guys, we gotta focus on Mot/Parum, Sure Parum has S-ranks and a rare monster now, but Mot eally needs to be finished."

With Parum having S-ranks and a rare mob now, i guess it's too much to ask for EVERYONE to move back to mot. but hey we could get a majority right?

Probably not. The people that can be reached probably aren't going to be enough to get Moatoob to 100%, and even then, the S-ranks and mission rewards on Parum are too tempting. Besides, the only Moatoob-specific point reward here, as far as I'm aware, is the clothing discount.

Excuse me if i'm just complaining, i guess i'm just concerned, this is our first big event. This will set the tone of the rest of the events. If we screw this one up, how do you think we'll fair with Fami-cup (Hmm, EGM-cup?)

Probably just fine. Everyone wants 5x drops/2.5x XP/.25x enemy stats killing sprees. And bikinis. And formal wear. And yada yada.

mll
Jun 10, 2007, 11:31 AM
I'm still doing neudaiz to be honest. I have a lvl. 15 PT 1, he just dies in about 10 seconds on moatoob and doesn't really do much damage.
I figure doing Neudaiz runs would be helping the whole FB thing more than ... I don't know Crimson Beast runs.
I'll head over to Moatoob soon though.

Rashiid
Jun 10, 2007, 11:38 AM
woah woah idk any 360 players that are doing neudaiz.

in uni 1-3 (usually full if nor 1-2 are) and EVERYONE is packed infront of the new firebreak mission at Parum.

Esufer
Jun 10, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-06-10 09:38, Rashiid wrote:
woah woah idk any 360 players that are doing neudaiz.

in uni 1-3 (usually full if nor 1-2 are) and EVERYONE is packed infront of the new firebreak mission at Parum.

What he said.

Rashiid
Jun 10, 2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif hey Esufer; i found out the unit drops on anyrank; im very sorry about last night http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (this should really be a PM but...)

Esufer
Jun 10, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-06-10 09:43, Rashiid wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif hey Esufer; i found out the unit drops on anyrank; im very sorry about last night http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (this should really be a PM but...)

I know it does. I've seen like 3x Puyoment and 2x Twin Kitty Claws. No matter.

huntlyon
Jun 10, 2007, 12:08 PM
the greater concern on parum should be Jao hunting. If some folks don't get that map.. that adandon and repeat until they do. yeah, screw the 28k in cash you can get for S'ing this run.. all people care about are damn room decorations and an extremely low chance of scoring an 11 star board. if people would actually finish the map rather than quit 1/2 or 2/3s in, the point totals may be a little better.

frankly, for those of us that haven't capped out at 80 yet, the xp should be the greatest reward for the new missions... everything else is graavy on top. 73-75 in 2 days... hot damn.

Helly
Jun 10, 2007, 01:46 PM
Parum has the added problem of people Train Rescuing to the Seabed Plant instead of doing Seabed Blaze.

CelestialBlade
Jun 10, 2007, 01:50 PM
People still do Heat Wave Island because it's a very fast way to get to Advanced Class.

Zorafim
Jun 10, 2007, 02:03 PM
Something that concerns me... We have 40mil purification points, half of our target. Yet, we're only 37% to our goal of 80mil. I did the math, and the total score isn't counting the excess from Neudaiz. I don't think Neudaiz's missions are going to help our total score, so the only reason to do neudaiz is for yourself.

Deus-Irae
Jun 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-06-10 12:03, Zorafim wrote:
Something that concerns me... We have 40mil purification points, half of our target. Yet, we're only 37% to our goal of 80mil. I did the math, and the total score isn't counting the excess from Neudaiz. I don't think Neudaiz's missions are going to help our total score, so the only reason to do neudaiz is for yourself.

damn, thats not good. i thought those excess Neudaiz points were counting...

well at least Parum will help. there are a lot of canceled runs, but a lot are getting done too. great exp on Parum is a nice draw.

MT7218
Jun 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
I know this sounds really, really silly, but I'm getting a bad feeling Parum isn't as good as purified as people assume it is. Yes, it's score jumped up a bit since the two new missions for it came out, but it's a lot slower than what people think. As of right now, it's only 8% or so. An average of 4% a day since the two new missions came out, and that's over a weekend. That's twenty-five days to 100% if this rate stays constant, and we don't have that much time left. What's causing the slowdown of the rate so much? Lots of "rarez" come from the last two Parum FB missions, it's rewards for getting S on A rank is absurdly high MP and Meseta, and it has a very good chance for Jaggo Sonichi to spawn.

Esufer
Jun 10, 2007, 02:08 PM
The slowdown is from people only doing the mission for the Jaggos.

They won't play a rare map, and once the jaggos are dead, quit and restart.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 10, 2007, 02:11 PM
As soon as people realize how retarded it is to abandon the mission, the numbers should go up faster...

Zorafim
Jun 10, 2007, 02:15 PM
How retarded is it to abandon the mission?

Golto
Jun 10, 2007, 02:15 PM
Zorafim we do have the 4th day of +3 luck unlocked so it does seem that extra points do count.

We still do have the problem of people on both servers still doing too much Neudiaz though. It is easier for low levels but I can't believe 50% of a population is only low lvls. The first Fire Break mission at the train lobby can be done in 5 or less minutes but it can't be soloed. You could earn more meseta and mp per minute doing it than the first Neudiaz Fire Break mission.

I also have to agree with jaggo hunting does hurt parum some. I have to twist the arms of some of my friends to finish it if we get jarbas. I did get 4 S and one A on A runs today with only two jaggo spawns. So at least some people will finish it wether or not we get Jaggos.

Golto
Jun 10, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-06-10 12:15, Zorafim wrote:
How retarded is it to abandon the mission?

Yeah I know like 4-5 more mins of work and you get yummy a or s rewards. You already did 2/3rds of the work might as well finish it.

Skuda
Jun 10, 2007, 02:26 PM
If it was at the 1/3 mark, then abandon mission would be acceptable. But as Golto said, it's pretty rediculous to scrap your rewards to save a couple of minutes. Just think of all the extra loot (and possible S boards) that could drop in that time.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 10, 2007, 02:34 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/FB-silly2.jpg

Maya is perplexed and sad about all this I think....

Sulfura
Jun 10, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-06-10 12:15, Golto wrote:
I have to twist the arms of some of my friends to finish it if we get jarbas.

thank you lol

but it's ok now we finish when jarba appear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sulfura on 2007-06-10 12:40 ]</font>

Golto
Jun 10, 2007, 03:12 PM
On 2007-06-10 12:39, Sulfura wrote:

thank you lol

but it's ok now we finish when jarba appear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sulfura on 2007-06-10 12:40 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well now you know why I wanted to finish Jarba spawns. I would make more money than the scapes i would lose and earn purification points.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 10, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-06-10 13:12, Golto wrote:

On 2007-06-10 12:39, Sulfura wrote:

thank you lol

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well now you know why I wanted to finish Jarba spawns. I would make more money than the scapes i would lose and earn purification points.

I only finish with jarbas if we get B

if lets say theres 5 mins left, i wont because its kind of pointless >.>

Most of the time i get B or A so dont worry about that.

MT7218
Jun 10, 2007, 09:28 PM
[b]On 2007-06-10 13:14, Almighty_Envy wrote

I only finish with jarbas if we get B

if lets say theres 5 mins left, i wont because its kind of pointless >.>

Most of the time i get B or A so dont worry about that.

Try to finish anyway. Even crappy C rank points go to the overall total. Unless you are absolutely, positivly sure you can't finish it, keep at it. The Jaggos appear often enough as is, just keep playing these missions and eveuntally get whatever rares you want. Do you people REALLY need your rarez all that much quicker? Enough to screw us over all over on a full week of 3 luck and such? Besides, with 3 luck, I would figure killing the Jarbas on A wouldn't be an issue, as they drop Halarod boards, no?

Edit: Sorry if that came off as a personal attack. >.o I meant that to Jaggo hunters in general.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MT7218 on 2007-06-10 19:43 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
Jun 11, 2007, 07:36 AM
The Jaggo hunters however will reply by saying that Luck 3 will still come, be it random and different for each race and gender, but Sonic masked Jaos and S ranks will be gone in less than a month.

Which in a way, does make a good argument, despite the fact I don't think they should abandon, but anything that's not permanently there is gonna cause people to not wanna waste a precious second.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jun 11, 2007, 08:07 AM
On 2007-06-10 12:34, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/FB-silly2.jpg

Maya is perplexed and sad about all this I think....

-stares at Maya- Huh what were you saying beautiful? Go to Neudaiz just to "make sure" Sure... Anything for you my "Newmanian" Queen.

Wait...what?

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 11, 2007, 09:46 AM
I don't know any group that abandons after finding jaggos... but I do know a number of groups that abandon if they don't find jaggos.

I'm honestly not worried. It has been proven C rank gives the same purification points, and the high people could easily run that. The thing that gets me is people that insist on doing A rank, taking 3x as long, then complaining about purification points. If your motivation is purification points, do C. My motivation isn't that... but that's all I've been doing anyways because high level parties won't take me because of my self given goal/playstyle.... btw you all suck cause of that lol

THE JACKEL

Aralia
Jun 11, 2007, 10:26 AM
Set the tone?
the biggest thing about online games is that we learn how to work together. If we don't get the other 2 planets purified, then we have a goal for -next- time we have this event.
If we completely obliterate the events we get, how's it gonna feel the next time we see something just like it? "oh.. this again, well.. moatoob and neudaiz can burn in hell now, we're gonna wait for parum's next wave of missions like last year"
Just something to think about.

I never expected 100% purification, hoped yes.. but if not, well, we all learned how to work together, now we can attempt the next event with a bit more confidence.

panzer_unit
Jun 11, 2007, 10:36 AM
I only care about event points for the frying pan... we're not at 50 million yet. I care about the frying pan 'cause it's a saber that burns stuff... less so because it's a rare.

The event missions are a hell of a lot of fun, have a chance of dropping S-ranks I want, and nicely rewarding even if my luck for rares continues to suck like it has since day one. So I'll end up helping out just because.

Sharkyland
Jun 11, 2007, 12:54 PM
Neudaiz is good for quick mission points... I mean <5min runs for C for 7mp (if you have a low level character).

Before that it was either Bruce C... and before that Plain Overlord C...

---

Everyone's really packed at Parum now. Though I'm surprised Parum isn't going fast as I thought. I knew Neudaiz was seriously getting owned in nearly a week. Now it's almost 3 days and we haven't gotten into the 20%'s... though my guess is that it's hard finding a team who wants an 's' and usually if that team doesn't gets an 's' that team automatically breaks up and then off to search for another party. Anyway... this week is the last week of public school so it's probably a lot of studying IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-06-11 10:56 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 11, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-06-11 07:46, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
that's all I've been doing anyways because high level parties won't take me because of my self given goal/playstyle.... btw you all suck cause of that lol

Yes, joining a party and then doing nothing but bragging about your equipment and making untrue statements about status effects is clearly a good playstyle.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
I say it is Sega's fault: Neudiaz resins, and carbons are still too good for people to pass up. Less So nano resin and polymer, as Crimson/Labs fills our need there.

Moatoob literally offers nothing. No resins, no S new S ranks, and no rare enemies.

Ravennittes
Jun 11, 2007, 08:28 PM
Moatoob offers one thing to people who arn't 80 yet: Hell good EXP and MP.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 11, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-06-11 18:28, Ravennittes wrote:
Moatoob offers one thing to people who arn't 80 yet: Hell good EXP and MP.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), Urgent Hor Devoirs is better at both.

Kimil
Jun 11, 2007, 08:33 PM
Moatoob is doomed >_> but that really doesn't matter as long as we get the 80 mil server points right?

Ravennittes
Jun 11, 2007, 08:34 PM
Nope lol. If Moatoob hits 50% I'll be surprised.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 11, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-06-10 12:11, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
As soon as people realize how retarded it is to abandon the mission, the numbers should go up faster...

that wont happen. trust me. this is the (general) public who thought photons should be 100k+

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 11, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-06-11 18:48, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

On 2007-06-10 12:11, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

that wont happen. trust me. this is the (general) public who thought photons should be 100k+

I never said it would happen, lawl.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 11, 2007, 09:00 PM
*re-reads* hey you're right!

benover
Jun 12, 2007, 05:38 AM
could you use both the furon pages and when your online. you could try to ask the lv 70-80s to stop doing rare runs and help you do moop

Reipard
Jun 12, 2007, 06:50 AM
the biggest thing about online games is that we learn how to work together. If we don't get the other 2 planets purified, then we have a goal for -next- time we have this event.

I don't think you know Sega very well; it is likely that we will not see this version of Firebreak a second time.

DAMASCUS
Jun 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
The whole thing seems ridiculous to me because from what I understand ST actually raised the requirements for FB after JPN slammed dunked it. Which is fine BUT we have a tenth of the online populace that they do and we have more 'non-serious' gamers; those who are bored and just want to be obnoxious. They must know we were set up to fail.

Cort1984
Jun 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
lol some how i knew this was not gonna work out at all lol....... not to be negative but well ya i guess i am being negative lol oh well.

Cort1984
Jun 12, 2007, 10:37 AM
They must know we were set up to fail.

yes they are just pointing and laughing

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
On 2007-06-11 17:25, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-06-11 07:46, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
that's all I've been doing anyways because high level parties won't take me because of my self given goal/playstyle.... btw you all suck cause of that lol

Yes, joining a party and then doing nothing but bragging about your equipment and making untrue statements about status effects is clearly a good playstyle.

I don't know who you are in game, but I'm quite sure I haven't made untrue statements about SEs(but I know you're one of the people that believes that silence doesn't stop MEGID, when it does... some people back me up here?)

And yes, I rather like my equipment, but especially now that I'm only healing to avoid leveling... people I trust get to use my stuff. Ask anyone I actually know in game, and I'm very trusting of my friends, and EXTREMELY generous. I'd let anyone use my stuff if I knew they'd give it back. Hell, I know people I can trust really well, I once lent out a weapon, left a party, and the guy hunted me down to trade it back. Now that's a guy I know I can trust.

Lots of people have good equipment and show it off in different ways. Just because I'm honest about it and up front you hate me, but in fact, you should hate on the people that try to be sneaky about it and rub it in people's faces. You can say I rub it in people's faces, but if I can help anyone out in game... I will.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-12 08:46 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jun 12, 2007, 10:48 AM
Hello, my name is DreamLocke and I am an addict. I admit I've been spamming neudaiz. I just started PSU about 2 weeks ago (after I quit in November) and I have 2 characters in their advanced classes, 2 battle PMs from the money earned, and working on a third. Both characters are less than level 20. Firebreak is ending soon, and I want to get the most out of it to prepare for AoI. The rewards are great...

But... I am SICK of those missions and they are like a chore. At this point I can do Heat Wave Island B with my eyes closed and the teams I was with can finish it in under 3min. Repeat 100 times. Then repeat. I go to sleep and have dreams about that fakking map. And doing it for hours, with all the monotone reds and oranges makes me a bit dizzy.

I want to stop, but I keep thinking we will not get this kind of little effort/great reward tradeoff for a while. And I still have to get one more character to advanced class (FT) and that makes me a bit nauseaous.

I want to stop and do other missions, and I will get the frying pan ticket (probably on the 29th...sad face)but I'm like a Neaudaiz junkie. I need an intervention. Help!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-12 08:49 ]</font>

Cort1984
Jun 12, 2007, 10:59 AM
Dreamlocke I agree with ya it does feel like a chore! Its kinda like Saga wants you to take out the trash lol. But you get heckled by all the others because they are doing there chores and you are not doing yours.

Akaimizu
Jun 12, 2007, 11:00 AM
Ahh. I see young Grasshopper. What you need, in order to achieve balance, is to release the inner-"Beast" in you. The part of you that yearns for the environment of your homeland. Moatoob.

Don't be alarmed at the prospect that you're a Human, a Newman, or a Cast. The inner-"Beast" resides in all of us. However, the beast can't remained caged. That act brings about discomfort and boredom. The discomfort of a lack of balance in your life. The beast must be released in order to unleash your built up anxieties and aggression. Only then, will you achieve harmony. Your path lies where the heat of the planet is allowed to release its fury into the air above. Unleashing its own "inner-beast". Your path lies in Moatoob.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-12 09:31 ]</font>

TheLOLBandit
Jun 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
my concern is

i dont recieve a Photon eraser anymore and i cant figure out why.... any suggestions

DreamLocke
Jun 12, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-06-12 08:59, Cort1984 wrote:
Dreamlocke I agree with ya it does feel like a chore! Its kinda like Saga wants you to take out the trash lol. But you get heckled by all the others because they are doing there chores and you are not doing yours.

A good analogy would for the first neudaiz firebreak:

Someone paying you to pick up dog poop for $20. Each baggie of poop nets you another 20 bucks.

Knowing you can easily make quite a bit of money this way with an unlimited supply of poop, you suck it up and clean up the city. You could make 2 grand or more in a day just bagging poop.

That is neudaiz, folks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-12 09:33 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jun 12, 2007, 11:32 AM
Inner Beast, I tell ya. That's the answer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

panzer_unit
Jun 12, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-06-11 10:54, Sharkyland wrote:
Neudaiz is good for quick mission points... I mean <5min runs for C for 7mp (if you have a low level character).

Isn't Sea of Fire better for rewards/time?

Admittedly you lose out if you're not good at it, but the mission isn't rocket science or anything. 2-3 runs and any team should have it down pretty solidly... well, any team that doesn't have people trying to kill all the monsters "to get S rank" no matter how often they're told it's based on time and nothing else. Like that guy on my team last night.

Aralia
Jun 12, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-06-12 04:50, Reipard wrote:

I don't think you know Sega very well; it is likely that we will not see this version of Firebreak a second time.

Oh no no no... I know sega quite well.. they're the kings of "rehash"
We're probably going to see this -type- of event a good nother 2-3 times assuming sega's planned 5 years of content pans out.
(if you don't believe me, then just look at the facts.. we have 3 different dragons.. eventually 4 and likeley 2 versions of each so that makes -8- missions we can play to fight TECHNICALLY 1 boss.
We have magan maggahna and adahna degahna, 2 versions of each of them already... and we have 4 versions of onmagoug/dimmagolus already.) And they would like us to think that these bosses all add up to be 16 -different- bosses...

Golto
Jun 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
People shouldn't be too concerned about preparing for AOI. Its over 5 months away. You can earn more mpt/meseta per minute doing the Parum Fire Break mission C at Holtes City:West.

Serephim
Jun 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
Simply put, Mootoob isnt worth the fucking trouble.

Rashiid
Jun 12, 2007, 01:43 PM
as long as we get the 50,000,000mil prize; i readlly dont care. we dont need a full week of 3* fortune

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-06-12 08:44, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I don't know who you are in game, but I'm quite sure I haven't made untrue statements about SEs(but I know you're one of the people that believes that silence doesn't stop MEGID, when it does... some people back me up here?)
Unless something has changed since I spammed Linear Lol in Easter trying for a Halp, silence does not stop Deljaban Megid, but shock does.