PDA

View Full Version : I've finished the game and I'm left with many questions

aarelovich
Jun 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hello: This is my first post and I'm curious and I have a couple of questions to see if anyone could answer:

(I've finished in offline mode)

1) Very Early in the game you are able to get boards to forge weapons that require special items and some pieces of Kubara Wood. The thing is that never through the game have I've been able to find any of this wood. Where are you suppose to get it?

2) Is there any A o S type Double Saber weapon or Sword for that matter?

3) I don't understand much what the point of the guys that acompany you. For startes they don't really do much to help you specially in the later stages of the game. Second they can die for what it seems and infinite amount of times and you can never equip them or change their weapons or anything.

4) What are parts shops for? Because you can never use them throgout the entire game

5) After you beat the game is there anyway to start again with everthing you've got or you can only like do the free missions and that's it?

6) There are a couple of Boss fights and free mission fights that involve high flying Bosses. I've tried everything but there seems to be that you can only hit them when they land which makes it kind of impossible to get the S ranking sometimes. Am I missing something here?

6) What the heck did Magashi had to do with the seed in the final battle? Or in the rest of the game for that matter?

Thanks for any info in advanced.

Realmz
Jun 10, 2007, 09:50 AM
1) kubara wood is found all over it's much harder to find offline then online

2) yes there are for most A weapons offline you need the board to make it, same with some S weapons

3) use them as meat shields and decoys for when you need to heal

4)Parts are the clothes for Cast characters

5) just extra mode to my knowledge

6)changing your class to Ranger will let you use the longer range rifles to hit those guys.

dunno about the last question, i haven't beaten offline mode yet. haha....

man i just can't type today...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2007-06-10 07:51 ]</font>

Allison_W
Jun 10, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-06-10 07:45, aarelovich wrote:
Hello: This is my first post and I'm curious and I have a couple of questions to see if anyone could answer:

(I've finished in offline mode)

1) Very Early in the game you are able to get boards to forge weapons that require special items and some pieces of Kubara Wood. The thing is that never through the game have I've been able to find any of this wood. Where are you suppose to get it?

It drops--rarely--from boxes in What is in the Ruins or whatever it's called. It's the one in Parum where you fight the Svalti at the end. I must've done like a hundred runs just getting the three I needed for my Svaltus Sword. (Online, they're easier to find.)

On 2007-06-10 07:45, aarelovich wrote:2) Is there any A o S type Double Saber weapon or Sword for that matter?

A o S what? The only double sabers in the (offline) game, as far as I'm aware, are the Double Saber, Bone Dance, and Nightwalker; the swords... I think there are just the regular GRM/Yohmei/Tenora ones, the Hanzo, and the Svaltus Sword.

Online, each manufacturer has a full run of 1* to 6* swords, GRM makes 7* to 9* swords and double sabers, and we have a handful of Kubara knockoff swords/double sabers and S-rank double sabers available. I don't know what you mean by "A o S," though.

On 2007-06-10 07:45, aarelovich wrote:3) I don't understand much what the point of the guys that acompany you. For startes they don't really do much to help you specially in the later stages of the game. Second they can die for what it seems and infinite amount of times and you can never equip them or change their weapons or anything.

They're mostly there to look pretty and occasionally step in to steal a kill. I've noticed that in online mode, NPCs can actually do some damage, though they still tend to be kind of stupid.

On 2007-06-10 07:45, aarelovich wrote:4) What are parts shops for? Because you can never use them throgout the entire game

CAST characters in Extra Mode. (And online, for that matter.)

On 2007-06-10 07:45, aarelovich wrote:5) After you beat the game is there anyway to start again with everthing you've got or you can only like do the free missions and that's it?

That's it, plus extra mode and network mode (network mode is what this game is really about).

On 2007-06-10 07:45, aarelovich wrote:6) There are a couple of Boss fights and free mission fights that involve high flying Bosses. I've tried everything but there seems to be that you can only hit them when they land which makes it kind of impossible to get the S ranking sometimes. Am I missing something here?

Shoot them in the wings. (For a Hunter, get a 3* Blaster and never need another ranged weapon ever again. For a Force, get a bow.)

6) What the heck did Magashi had to do with the seed in the final battle? Or in the rest of the game for that matter?

I dunno. I'm not sure Sega knows.

Thanks for any info in advanced.

You's welcome.

Ermac
Jun 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
1) Kubara wood is very rare in the offline game. I think I heard the best place to get it is "What is in the Relics?".

2) Sadly the strongest double saber you can get is the nightwalker which is only B-rank.

3) They can be good meatshields at times but their main use is that if you S-rank a mission with them they have a chance of giving you a PA not available in stores.

4) They're more for extra mode which lets you make a CAST character if you want to.

5) Just free missions. Although, I think I remember hearing that if you go through it again some of the scenes are different.

6) Use a handgun or any gun you got. The De ragan and De ragnus and can be shot in the head for the most damage while onma and dimma need to be shot in the wings.

7) All I remember is that he was a villian who just used the seed to make himself stronger.

Yep I was too slow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ermac on 2007-06-10 08:01 ]</font>

aarelovich
Jun 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
Thank you you've answered every question to my liking exept one:

Boards can only be bought at the shops and I've been through all of them and no shop has a S type longsword or Double Saber

Where can you get those boards?

Another question that I have is: Is the new expansion for the game going to affect in any way the offline mode?

Thaks

Realmz
Jun 10, 2007, 10:00 AM
the expansion will probably have it's own offline mode

aarelovich
Jun 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
A and S was precisely that A rank or S rank weapons. The little letter that appears before the name when you buy them. However I've never seen the board for this Svaltus Sword. Where can you get it?

Ermac
Jun 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
There is no A or S rank double sabers in offline mode period. Don't why sega did that. As for the sword I think you have to S-rank one of the relics missions.

DurakkenX
Jun 10, 2007, 10:04 AM
Magashi is the leader of a unit in the AMF which later breaks off into a separate organization through ties with another organization that corrupted the unit of AMF... cAn't really tell you much more than that without giving away online story mode mission spoilers... basically it's through various interactions that a conspiracy unfolds and Magashi is only the first to be taken to the extent of Dulk Fakis...

If you play online it would become a bit clearer what his roll actually is...

But basically think of the offline story mode mainly just exposition on how we got to the point in history that the online story mode takes place in. It is not a complete story and it's not supposed to be. It's supposed to be only complete enough for you to go "What the hell...i wonder if this is answer in the online mode or the expansion" and thats about it.

aarelovich
Jun 10, 2007, 10:05 AM
Replies seem to come as fast as I type so I just want to thank everyone for their time.

Does have Phantasy Star Online have an offline mode too?

Thank you

Allison_W
Jun 10, 2007, 10:07 AM
On 2007-06-10 07:59, aarelovich wrote:
Thank you you've answered every question to my liking exept one:

Boards can only be bought at the shops and I've been through all of them and no shop has a S type longsword or Double Saber

Where can you get those boards?

Ermac was right about the double sabers--the strongest double saber in the offline game is the Nightwalker. As for the longsword, I believe the only S-rank sword in offline is the Svaltus Sword. You can get the board by S-ranking Absolute Zero (if you have any difficulty doing this, go Force and blow Rafoie all over the place); the Svaltus Edge material (required to make a Svaltus Sword) by S-ranking the one mission with the Svalti at the end; and Kubara Wood (also required for a Svaltus Sword) by doing endless, mind-numbing, soul-crushing runs of the same mission where you get the Svaltus Edge material.

Another question that I have is: Is the new expansion for the game going to affect in any way the offline mode?

We dunno yet.

Thaks

Yep yep.

Sinue_v2
Jun 10, 2007, 11:29 AM
Does have Phantasy Star Online have an offline mode too?

Yes, but it's not really storyline driven like PSU's is. In PSO, you read message capsules or data points to get journal entries from Rico or Flowen, and you can also talk to NPCs. You basically have to put the story together yourself. Though in Episode III there are storyline paths you can follow - since the game is designed with preset characters (it's a card game, not an action RPG, and your character is little more than a lobby avattar) it allows for far more in-depth and engaging storylines. These storylines are told through cutscenes which have manga-panel like illustrations and text, similar to Phantasy Star IV's cutscenes.

Phantasy Star I-IV are heavily storyline driven - being single-player offline turnbased RPG's. However, they are from the formative years of RPG's, so the storytelling is rather skeletal in the first three games, (although much more prominant than in it's popular contemporaries such as the early FF & DW's)

aarelovich
Jun 10, 2007, 11:38 AM
Ok thank you very much for the info.

I don't think I'm going to go to so much trouble for the lonsword because the Hanzo is cool and besides the Longsword is so slow that I don't really like it much. But i'll consider it for a Replay.

The thing is that I absolutely hate Online RPGs. I'm not interested i having to play against other people or having to connect my PC every time I want to play a game and furthermore to have to pay for it.

But I love RPGs especially (not to say exclusively) the Japanese ones. Because I happen to like everything that is critized about them: the novel or movie like storytelling approach. The variation of the good versus evil story, the gameplay type.

The Problem is that there are basically no JRPGs for the PC with the exeption of Grandia II, PSU, and a couple of FF games.

So if anyone can recomend me a game that is like this and is either turn-based or action based like this I would really appreciate it.

PS: For those who think of Sudeki I've allready played it.

Thanks again very much for the info

DurakkenX
Jun 10, 2007, 11:47 AM
There is no PvP in PSU, Paying is natural as it costs money to run a server, and obviously you have to connect online to play an online game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As far as RPGs for PC... just get emulators and play the various ROMs...No worthwhile RPGs have come out for PC that i am aware of in the last few years, but i'm not sure if the one for PS2 have been ported or not... .hack\, .hack\G.U., XenoSaga, and FF12 = all good

Realmz
Jun 10, 2007, 11:54 AM
funny thing, to play psu offline you still need to connect to the servers for the pc version

Sinue_v2
Jun 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
As for PC RPG's, I think PSIV was released on the PC - but only in Japan. Your best bet would be to probably download an emulator and play JP RPG's from consoles. I doubt you could emulate PS2 era RPG's very well - but PSX and below emulators run near perfectly or enhanced.

Magashi is the leader of a unit in the AMF which later breaks off into a separate organization through ties with another organization that corrupted the unit of AMF... cAn't really tell you much more than that without giving away online story mode mission spoilers... basically it's through various interactions that a conspiracy unfolds and Magashi is only the first to be taken to the extent of Dulk Fakis...

To the best of my knowladge, Megashi wasn't the head of the Endrum Collective. He is a cast clone, built in the image of another person - likely Endrum Harness, who WAS the leader of the Endrum Collective. This shadowy figure can be seen in the AoI teaser trailer, but his exact role in the storyline is unclear at this time. He is likely a high ranking member of the Illuminus - a human superiority group which formed after the Tripitite Tready that brought peace to all the races.

The two current suspects tied to the Illuminus are General Resource Mangement (GRM) and the Allied Military Force (AMF). Though only high-ranking elements within these groups are involved - since most AMF or GRM members neither acknowladge or approve of the Illiuminus. The Endum Collective were not in charge of the AMF, but instead were more of a special ops group, a black project, that largely operated without limits or supervision. They were formed about 30 years before the events of PSU (I believe) and tasked with the research and protection of newly discovered relics sties.

The Communion of Gurhal (C.O.G) is also thought to have been co-opted by the Illuminus due to their secretive nature and numerous anti-SeeD R&D and other projects that have sketchy moral standing. However it's not known at this time what their role is, though it is clear they will have a larger role in the future. It's possible that the C.O.G is fighting against the Illuminus in ways they don't think should be made public, or are beyond the scope of Ethan and the Guardians.

It is not a complete story and it's not supposed to be.

I think it is supposed to be either or, depending on your purchasing decisions. There's definately a lot of ties and lead-ins to future storyline developments - but the story for offline mode itself is basically complete. You could leave it at the sealing away of the SeeD, and consider the storyline over and a victory for the good guys. This is one of the larger complaints about the flow of the storyline - since continuing the storyline through online missions currently negates really all of the important achievements of the offline storyline mode. The SeeD still run rampant. There are multiple HIVEs. And things are seemingly far worse off now than they were. Just what was the significance of the Gates of Denekaya?

Arika
Jun 10, 2007, 12:22 PM
the story from offline mode is just a start story of online~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-06-10 10:23 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
Endrum Harness according to the known data is the leader of the endrum organization, but it isn't really led by him. Also Magashi is not modeled after anyone in the current or future installments of PSU. That would make whoever he is modeled after 90+ years old and wouldn't look the same way... stop propagating that stupid shit that is obviously false. The only way it isn't false is if the person he was modeled after was cryonically frozen, doesn't age, or some how time travels... all of which as far as been seen the Gurhalians don't have that technology.

And what i meant by it is not a complete story and it was not supposed to be one is to be taken in the same light as star wars, spider man, the matrix, batman, Turtles, and various other titles, where yes that part of the story is complete, but it was never meant to be the whole story and it was never meant to be the last you hear from those characters.

aarelovich
Jun 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
I only have a PC and no money or posibility to buy a console.

No game has any ports for the PC exept for a few which I allready have (and they are not exactly RPGs) and there isn't exactly a good emulator for any of the new machines. There are PSX games but I have played the main ones:

Lengend of Leagia
Lengend of the Dragoon
FF VII, VIII and IX
Valkyrie Profile
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms 2
Chrono Cross
Breath of Fire IV
Etc.

Can you recomend me a good PSX game that I haven't mentioned yet?

And as for the connection I've found (was told) of a little trick to avoid internet connection: it somehow tells the gameguard to download from a server which is really a very small program that I run in my own PC. The gameguard is still active but It doesn't actually need the INet connection

Sinue_v2
Jun 10, 2007, 01:05 PM
Endrum Harness according to the known data is the leader of the endrum organization, but it isn't really led by him.

It's stated by HAL on Gurhal Channel 5 news in the last few chapters of the game that Endrum Harness, leader of the Endrum Collective, has resigned from his comission.

Now - they were a faction of hte AMF - but were not lead by the AMF. They were lead by Endrum Harness, however, because after his disposal and the disbanding of the Endrum Collective, the Endrum became a rouge military group under the control of the Illuminus.

It's accurate to say that Megashi wasn't Endrum Harness. Although they're may be multiple Megashi units acrive simutaniously - we're never given reference to them being in multiple places at once the way Lou is. Endrum Harness himself was noted to have been stripped of his comission - so it's a safe assumption to believe that he was never Endrum Harness to begin with since he was destoryed just prior to the resignation of Endrum Harness.

Also Magashi is not modeled after anyone in the current or future installments of PSU. That would make whoever he is modeled after 90+ years old and wouldn't look the same way... stop propagating that stupid shit that is obviously false.

The "Megashi" version we see in the AoI trailer is elderly, though not apperantly "OLD". His facial features are extremely similar to Megashi's - without the familiar cast features. Megashi is most likely a cast clone of this man, and he'll likely be revealed in AoI as a result of instabilities in the Megashi model due to replication. Lou makes mention of this in E2M2 online. Or simply due to the advancement of the storyline bringing Ethan and you into more intimate knowladge of who the Illumines really are.

The only way it isn't false is if the person he was modeled after was cryonically frozen, doesn't age, or some how time travels... all of which as far as been seen the Gurhalians don't have that technology.

This is also a phantasy game, and he is the presented as the main villan of AoI. As the possible head (or at least, a high ranking member) of the Illumines - it's not outside of the realm of possibility to suspect he has means to extend his life well beyond what is currently available to the common public. It's not without precidence in the series as a whole either.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/Megashi.jpg

There's also the possiblity that he, himself, is no longer human. Or perhaps never was, and is using the Illumines to achieve his own purpose. This expecially is not without precidence in the series. In fact, it's tradition. Lassic, Humanity, Rulakir, Ult, Osto Hoyle, and a long list of other characters have be co-opted by the darkness to varrying levels - sometimes to the point of extended lives and increadible powers.

Not to mention that we already know that Gurhalian civilisation is capable of modifying genetic structures.

The mechanics of his age is unknown, but I'm pretty positive that this new villan we're presented with is the true face of Megashi.

where yes that part of the story is complete, but it was never meant to be the whole story and it was never meant to be the last you hear from those characters.

As said - the storyline is presented in a way that allows it to be both the complete storyline, or the intro to a greater storyline - depending on the customer's purchasing decisions. You gave the Matrix as an example - which is similar. When that movie was filmed, a trilogy was conceptualised - but they didn't know if it would be a hit. So they created the first movie as a stand-alone film which would be complete on it's own without sequels. You couldn't do this other trilogies - such as Lord of the Rings. Pirates of the Carribean is another example of a stand-alone movie that was conceptualised with sequels - planned to be complete on it's own in the event it was unpopular.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-10 11:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-10 11:17 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 10, 2007, 02:06 PM
Actually how the Endrum Organization is set up is never really explained and given that I don't know quite how the military is set up i can't really explain it, but this is how i sorta see it...

AMF = All Military, but used to mainly describe the Army types
Endrum Organization (or collective) = Marines

CSU is also a faction of AMF but it's confusing cuz it's the Counter SEED Unit and "Endrum Organization" all shown members, which is only magashi, are from Unit XX.

Also Collective and Organization implies some sort of distinct body that is an entity itself...which makes it more confusing as it means that the EO was part of the AMF but distinctly separate, sorta like black ops, but more so...however it was still under standard AMF law.

Anyways all we really know about magashi seems to point out to us that he is merely a pawn. Taking this stand point it could then be surmised that Olson has either tried to guide ethan to Magashi OR someone wanted to test the seed abilities out...

Tigerram
Jun 11, 2007, 02:05 AM
On 2007-06-10 11:02, aarelovich wrote:
I only have a PC and no money or posibility to buy a console.

No game has any ports for the PC exept for a few which I allready have (and they are not exactly RPGs) and there isn't exactly a good emulator for any of the new machines. There are PSX games but I have played the main ones:

Lengend of Leagia
Lengend of the Dragoon
FF VII, VIII and IX
Valkyrie Profile
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms 2
Chrono Cross
Breath of Fire IV
Etc.

Can you recomend me a good PSX game that I haven't mentioned yet?

And as for the connection I've found (was told) of a little trick to avoid internet connection: it somehow tells the gameguard to download from a server which is really a very small program that I run in my own PC. The gameguard is still active but It doesn't actually need the INet connection

How about Star Ocean? That game was awesome, if you haven't checked that one out for PS1. I believe I got Diaz to lvl 217 last time I played it, lol. Anyhow, this is the only one I can think of at the moment, I'm brain dead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Sinue_v2
Jun 11, 2007, 02:53 AM
Dur, the Endrum are a special ops group. I'm pretty sure it mentions that plainly in the game, but for further confirmation - the Endrum enemies you fight are named "Special Ops", or something similar. They're not a fully recognised or public branch of the AMF. They operate without supervision and without oversight, with the stated goal of preserving and studying the Relics.

Also Collective and Organization implies some sort of distinct body that is an entity itself...which makes it more confusing as it means that the EO was part of the AMF but distinctly separate, sorta like black ops, but more so...however it was still under standard AMF law.

Exactly. We already know the AMF has been infested by the Illuminus at it's higher levels. When the Endrum Collective was exposed, the AMF (or elements within it) couldn't protect Endrum Harness anymore. Hence his removal/resignation.

Anyways all we really know about magashi seems to point out to us that he is merely a pawn. Taking this stand point it could then be surmised that Olson has either tried to guide ethan to Magashi OR someone wanted to test the seed abilities out...

Correct:

1. Megashi is a Pawn.
2. Olsen Waber is alive and indirectly guiding Ethan, though not to Megashi per-sey. He's leading Ethan to the Illumines and the truth behind their plans. Megashi, as he's persented in PSU, is a small fry.

Though, the testing of the SeeD idea is probably a secondary objective - but not really important to their overall plans. It could just be a diversion while they developed the Sochee or the SeeD Virus. We still have much to see - Megashi makes this point clear in the flash of ruin online quest. And you can bet that no matter what the Illumines's grand schemes are - they also are being controlled by an outside force who's goals are much simpler. Death, Destruction, Pain, Hatred, and Chaos.

I don't mean to be presumptious - but there's a long track record of this occuring. It's part of what defines Phantasy Star as a franchise, and I don't see Dulk Fakis fitting the bill as PSU's Dark Falz/Force/Profound Darkness.

I think this will come down to a familiar light vs darkness head. We know that the C.O.G are up to something - and (I personally) find it doubtful that they are in leauge with the Illumines. As said, they probably know more of what is going on than meets the eye - and they are unwelcoming to the Guardians because they see them as an ignorant (and perhaps dangerous) distraction to the true threat.

Rutsu may be a different character than Lutz, but he was spawned from the Lutz character type. I really can't see Sonic Team turning him into a villan. Though he always has been a bit of a pompous prick.

In the end, I truely see PSU becomming more a story of the Holy Light (or agents thereof) versus the Darkness which spawned the SeeD - rather than just a simple conspiracy theory of human supremecists taking the oppertunistic advantage of a hostile alien race to exact their own goals.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-11 01:06 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jun 11, 2007, 04:04 AM
yeah. I really think that we've only seen the tip of the ice burg and there is much much more that we are not seeing, but i also think that Sega will mess it up and kill the story more than they already have ^.^

aarelovich
Jun 11, 2007, 04:27 AM
Ok first off all I have allready played Star Ocean.

Second: Where the heck does this information come from.? All of those character names? the Olson Waber being alive? all of that where does it come from because the game doesn't mention any of it.

Well thanks any way

bye

DurakkenX
Jun 11, 2007, 04:45 AM

Kairi_Li
Jun 11, 2007, 07:12 AM
There are story missions you can choose online, and there is no PVP. The point of PSU IS the online mode. And I guranteed that you will miss out alot of the story if you get the expansion and just played offline story mode, since you will miss all the plot for the online story missions. And I bet there will be MORE online story missions after the expansion comes out.

PSU is not your typical console RPG with a story that you can plow through offline, its meant to be community based online game. Oh and in the expasion, you wont play as Ethan in story mode, instead creat your own character to join Laia and the others.

Oh thats right you wont know who Laia is either, since she's online mode/expansion only.

If you bought this game thinking you are gonna just play the story mode and get everything out of it, you're wrong. This isn't FF or Chrono, where you finish the game and that's the end of it. Not all online RPGS are bad, in fact, you seem to only have a problem with competiveness. Only FPS shooters really have those, and PVP? You can TURN IT OFF in most online MMORPGS.

By only playing story mode, you are essentially cheating yourself out of a better experience and your money's worth. This was always made to be an online community game, story mode was just a bonus. PSO didn't have a solid story mode with voice acting and major cutscenes back then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-06-11 05:18 ]</font>

aarelovich
Jun 11, 2007, 11:54 AM
1) Thanks to everyone for all of your answers

2) I don't know what PVP is, could you please tell me?

3) If you don't fight and meet with other players what is the point of going online? (Seriously that's what I thought It was all about)

4) I don't have money to pay for a server (I don't live in US I live in Argentina) and I absolutely refuse to have to pay for every time I want to play a game. It's not uncommon for me to just roll out and old game and play it again. With this system it seems that after the game is not new anymore you canīt enjoy it because either the servers are dead or whatever. I just don't like that

5) There is another very pathetic but decisive reason why I can't play online but that's a story for another time.

Well anyway I hope not all RPGs in the future are MMRPGs.

Thank you very much

fumatanera
Jun 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-06-11 09:54, aarelovich wrote:

3) If you don't fight and meet with other players what is the point of going online? (Seriously that's what I thought It was all about)

4) I don't have money to pay for a server (I don't live in US I live in Argentina) and I absolutely refuse to have to pay for every time I want to play a game. It's not uncommon for me to just roll out and old game and play it again. With this system it seems that after the game is not new anymore you canīt enjoy it because either the servers are dead or whatever. I just don't like that

5) There is another very pathetic but decisive reason why I can't play online but that's a story for another time.

Thank you very much

PVP is player versus player. you fight with eachother (up to 5 other people at one time) , not against eachother.

it costs about $10US per month to play online. the offline story is continued online in one-player story missions. there are also free missions that do not involve the story.

fumatanera
Jun 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-06-11 10:18, fumatanera wrote:

On 2007-06-11 09:54, aarelovich wrote:

Thank you very much

PVP is player versus player. in PSU there is no PVP mode. you fight with eachother (up to 5 other people at one time) , not against eachother.

it costs about $10US per month to play online. the offline story is continued online in one-player story missions. there are also free missions that do not involve the story.

aarelovich
Jun 11, 2007, 01:09 PM
Ok

Thank you for the info.

but I still don't see why you canīt just do everything offline with the description you just gave me.

Bye

Sinue_v2
Jun 11, 2007, 02:47 PM
but i also think that Sega will mess it up and kill the story more than they already have ^.^

I'm not "quite" as pessimistic as you on this point. I really have no faith in Sonic Team's storytelling ability - but the storyline at this point seems to be shaping up to have a lot of potential. They may, or may not allow it to live up to this potential. We're only seeing (est.) 1/4th of the storyline thus far. I think that if they really were good storytellers - then they wouldn't have fallen into the trap of needing 3/4's of the series completed before things really start to get rolling.

Individually, (from what we've seen) they will likely suck - I agree. But when taken on the whole and in the context of the other expansions it has the potential to be fairly decent.

Kairi_Li
Jun 12, 2007, 01:03 AM
If you can do everything offline then there's no reason to pay 10 dollars a month to sega to play it ONLINE. Sega wants profit, and online games are a huge profit.

And online games are meant to be community based, for people to play with each other in teams and work together. Online games also have limited events for us to gain rare items and equipement. In a game like PSU, making our characters as unique as possible, be it looks or equipment is an important factor. That goes for other online RPGS as well, but PSU leans strongly towards the looks.

Playing together online is alot more fun than just playing it on your own. If you rather play on your own, play Extra mode. Its like online where you build your avatar and do missions to get money and stuff, cept you're playing on your own.

It's not uncommon for me to just roll out and old game and play it again. With this system it seems that after the game is not new anymore you canīt enjoy it because either the servers are dead or whatever. I just don't like that

There are always new events going online, and there's always new players to meet. The servers won't be dead for years. There's always something new in online games cause that's what we paid for. (Whether or not we get enough new stuff is another debate)

Not to mention, there's extra mode, and you can hop back to your character anytime you want without going online in exta mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-06-11 23:07 ]</font>

aarelovich
Jun 12, 2007, 12:26 PM
Ok now I'm confused. I thought extra mode was just a way of doing free missions with another character you made. You mean that there is more to extra mode than just offline mode free missions?