PDA

View Full Version : who here doesnt rare hunt?

Raven5_1
Jun 10, 2007, 09:50 PM
when i played PSO one of the things i did was rare hunt. got some nice weapons as i played.

i've come to realise when i finally got on psu i actually dont rare hunt at all. if a rare drops on a run its cool but i dont go out of my way to hunt rares down.

of course this means my weapons are low level and i have to save up to buy stuff but i'm fine with it

personally i think part of the reason is there is hardly any chance of getting anything decent unless you play high level missions.

DonRoyale
Jun 10, 2007, 09:56 PM
I don't go after specific rares unless I'm really bored, or if my friends want to do it and I have nothing better to do.

But still, e-peens trump all I suppose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

RedX
Jun 10, 2007, 10:04 PM
The only time i hunt rares is if a friends ask me to help them. For now anyways >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-06-10 20:04 ]</font>

Kion
Jun 10, 2007, 10:05 PM
i just level characters. if you pay enough, you're bound to get lucky and can trade for something you like.

csmicbcklsh
Jun 10, 2007, 10:10 PM
Neither do I...should do it, since no one can seem to find the Blackbull. But I suppose I'll wait for another month or so...

DragonStorm
Jun 10, 2007, 10:20 PM
rare hunting just isnt the same on psu...maybe in the expansion they will make rare hunting fun like pso rare hunting was fun...i can only hope.

MT7218
Jun 10, 2007, 11:01 PM
I don't really. Most of the 10* weps are more for looks than anything at the moment, as it's easier to synth 9* high % melee weapons/armor than their 10* counterparts. And 9* weapons can be grinded, giving them better ATP/TP/PP than the 10*s at their higher grinds. Most of the rare units are kinda annoying to get, so I don't really go out of my way for them. I might sometime in the future, however. Probally after Firebreak I'll seek a Me/Quick... That's about it.

MayLee
Jun 10, 2007, 11:10 PM
Haha I do. I never did it in PSO but in PSU i've been rare hunting, especially lately.

Rare Hunter is in action baby!

CelestialBlade
Jun 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
PSO didn't just drop boards that you STILL had to get lucky with in order to get a Rare, that's probably why I'm not the rare-whore I once was in PSO.

But then again, it's good to see every fucking noob running around with 20 "rare" weapons.

amtalx
Jun 10, 2007, 11:39 PM
I just don't care to put weeks of effort into finding a board an failing it. If something droped the actual weapon, I'd hunt the hell out of it.

Serephim
Jun 11, 2007, 01:59 AM
On 2007-06-10 20:20, DragonStorm wrote:
rare hunting just isnt the same on psu...maybe in the expansion they will make rare hunting fun like pso rare hunting was fun...i can only hope.

really, thats the only problem with PSU.

PSU fails in the rare hunting department entirely. Either its because there arnt enough rares to make it easy to find some, or its just too goddammed hard to make one.

The work of having to search for certian components of a rare, find the board, Synthesize it, wait a few hours, then come back with a % chance of getting absolutely nothing out of it it just too much of a hassle.

if AoI doesnt have at least 300 more rare items, its Replay value is going to crash. Hard. I was talking to a guy yesterday that said he has 2 characters (1 lv 60, another i think he said lv 74) and he's played through both characters and hasnt found a SINGLE rare weapon.

in pso, you found countless rares. Weather it was useable by you or not, you were happy you found SOMETHING.

On PSU, most of the red boxes you pick up will be more dissapointing and aggervating than killing Olga Flow on Ultimate mode and picking up a Photon Drop.

Synyster
Jun 11, 2007, 03:18 AM
I think boards and synthing is the biggest problem I have with PSU. If it wasn't for the frustration of breaking every rare thing i came across, I'd be much happier!

Ryoki
Jun 11, 2007, 10:57 AM
I would be happy if boards were buyable, but the mats were much rarer. I would rather have the board, and hunt the materials then hunt the board with craploads of mats I don't use.

Realmz
Jun 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
i really should hunt for rare items, i'm so damn poor i can't even buy a new gun...

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 11, 2007, 11:45 AM
Rare hunting blows. Spam the same mission for hours on end to get a big fat nothing. Unless you're lucky and actually get something. But that's just it. You have to get lucky. Pain in the ass, that's all it is.

panzer_unit
Jun 11, 2007, 11:49 AM
Now that A-grinders are out I'm pretty happy with rare hunting. All those lower-rank materials you get along the way go towards backups so you can improve your gear. Too bad the board / material rarities are so out of whack, everyone has a huge stockpile of materials by the time they actually find a board....

DurakkenX
Jun 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
considering that a majority of the play are 30-60 and most of the rares are on missions you can't access or do well at until lvl 70...and then you have to deal with the luck aspect of it...

huntlyon
Jun 11, 2007, 02:47 PM
straight ahead rare hunting? no..

multitasking where rares can factor in? yes.

I solo the bejesus out of Linear S2 missions now to rack up synth mats and level up skills. the xp, money, and NPC death risks mean I could care less about S'ing the mission... especially when I'm not too concerned about PA frags at this moment.

So, I figure.. might as well look for rappies. If the map doesn't end up panning out at the second key spawn.. I'll just finish the mission.. no biggie... more mats, buccaneer boards I can sell for 125k, and deljabner crap to sell off.

Aralia
Jun 11, 2007, 03:01 PM
I'm only hunting rares that drop from rare enemies.. at least they have SOME chance...

All the 10* weapons that drop from non-rare enemies so far seem to be as hard as finding a dam sealed J sword was back on pso.. I remember a friend of mine being in the 3000's doing nothing but control towers, we got every rare in there cept the dam sword..

Kylie
Jun 11, 2007, 03:17 PM
I do sometimes, but I mostly don't.

ShineOnline
Jun 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
As someone who solos alot, rare hunting was a big deal in PSO, where basically 99% of my inventory I found myself. The player shop thing has really changed my perception, where now it's mostly a matter of how to make enough money to buy the rares that I want.

Mewnie
Jun 11, 2007, 06:51 PM
hunting for rares is like punching yourself in the junk.

Anduril
Jun 11, 2007, 06:57 PM
I don't rare hunt just due to the fact that I usually don't have enough money to keep me from dying. Lvl. 54/5 Newearl Fortetecher soloing with basic equipment is asking for death at higher ranked missions

Ravennittes
Jun 11, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'm a lvl 80/10 F Newman FT, so soloing is not only boring, but not that easy either. I prefer to just play what is fun at the time, which usually is something difficut like HIVE S or Mad Beasts S2. If ta rare comes from that, then I'm happy. I'm there really for the synth mats from whih I make my money to buy stuff to break while grinding, which reminds me, I need to replace that Mayrod I broke the other day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. There's really only one rare I truely want: Sori / Tech Charge. I've got my Halarod, but nothin else special. I think those who play for the hell of playing get what they want when they least expact it, so just play, have fun, and forget about rare hunting 'cause what ya want will come to ya out of the blue.

Pengfishh
Jun 12, 2007, 01:19 AM
I am more interested in leveling my PAs most of the time. And breaking shit grinding :c :c :c :c :c

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 12, 2007, 01:26 AM
I don't hunt rares At the moment for 3 reasons.

1- My Lv isnt high enough.

2- My friend are like those who ONLY CHAT AND RAAAAAAAAARRRRLLYYY GO ON A FLIPPING MISSION!!!

3- Once I get the whatsit, I still have to hunt it's synth mats.. which takes about 2x as long if it's a 10* item because I've only gotten 2 Junaline in about 37 drops of the crapper...

VanHalen
Jun 12, 2007, 01:31 AM
I've begun to get into rare hunting as of this week. Right now hunting down the twin kitty claw is prority 1. Next will probaby be the CreaSword.

pikachief
Jun 12, 2007, 01:33 AM
i only rare hunt on my main, if im not on my main i wont rare hunt!

EMPYREAN
Jun 12, 2007, 05:30 AM
i dont bother to hunt as it takes too long time and its boring.

EL-0104
Jun 12, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-06-11 09:51, DurakkenX wrote:
considering that a majority of the play are 30-60 and most of the rares are on missions you can't access or do well at until lvl 70...and then you have to deal with the luck aspect of it...

I fall into that category for the time being.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 12, 2007, 02:31 PM
i have a level 80, and a level 73. i have no s ranks, and no A rank units. The 'best' thing I have is a Te / Mind S, and a Gi / Magic

i rare hunt. I'm just really bad at it. I would buy a rare, but they are usually 2-10 million, and I'm lucky to break 1 million.

Powder Keg
Jun 12, 2007, 02:53 PM
Rare hunting was literally all I did in PSO. I memorized what dropped where and on which ID and everything...and I ended up with a LOT of rares.

In PSU....no point to it IMO. Not really worth it due to synthing. I've found a couple of things and I either don't have the materials due to it taking forever/being too expensive or failed synths at high percentages.