PDA

View Full Version : Quest: CYOA Section 14 now up

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I gave up on this awhile back... So I really HAVE to finish this. I'll post the most recent chapter and you can read previous ones in this link. http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136592&forum=14

On 2007-03-22 19:23, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:
Section 10

"What the HELL?"

"Yeah, these clues, they don't make sense at all. . . The third one is a complete joke!"

After hours of guessing, asking, and pondering, you and the ninja have no answer to the third clue. It's stupid! You look over to the ninja who's mask somehow conveys a feeling of defeat. "Well. . . Let's go visit the PSU General Pub. I hear they got some of the best spam around. It looks legit at first glance, but once you eat it, it's good ol' spam."

"Sure, let's go."

The two of you hop on a Fklocamotive and in a few minutes, arrive at the PSU General / FKL Border. An entire ocean separates these land masses but, in the distance, you can see a small speck of PSU General. "Huh, I don't see Shligger anywhere. . . Must be the reason we have so many polls sitting in the streets." The ninja coughs and wipes his brow as he says "Uh, yeah, that's strange."

"Usually he's really attentive to things like this. It's not like him to drop an assignment. Anyways, let's get moving."

"Yeah, really."

You go up to a small ship and hand the captain some @, as does the ninja. The captain cuts the rope and the vessel goes northward into the sea.

After a good 15 minutes, the ship arrives at the true PSU General / FKL Border. A thin, blue-green mist seems to go on in both directions forever. It's like being next the the horizon. Dark, purple clouds seem to form a circle at the "center" of the seemingly endless, misty horizon. It's as if the place is in a perpetual night. Dead center sits a volcano that spews no smoke of any sort. It just sits, ominously as if waiting for someone.

But then an idea strikes you. "Wait, this is it!" Startled, the ninja replies "What's it?"
"The clues! Shadow, a hole, water! Deep under, dark. . . And if anything is processed, it's the border of FKL and PSU General!"
"Hmm, it all makes sense now. . . It was so obvious!"
"I know, right? Hey, cap'n, could you steer the boat and drop us off at the volcano?" With a confused look, the captain replies "Uh, I don't know. . . " Seeing his doubt, you take a step forward and gaze into his eyes. Your fingers run under his chins and to his lips. "Are you sure you couldn't just do this itty-bity favor? For me?" Slightly flushed, he wriggles out "Uh-uh s-sure, anything for you." With a quick turn, the ships course is switched over to the volcanoes edge. Like a spring, you rap your arms around him and gleefully cheer "Oh, thanks so much! Now you just wait here for us, k?"

"S-sure!"
"Thanky!"

You skip out of the boat onto the basin and the ninja follows but not at all giddy. A chuckle is followed by the ninja saying, "Hmm, you're pretty good at that-" You turn around and cut him off with a glare that dares him to make a joke. He doesn't and the two of you reach the volcanoes top. "Now, how are we going to get down?" You look at the ninja and spot him climbing down, a Yamato in each hand which he uses as climbing picks. You pull out your Musashi and Buccaneer and do the same.

It's a much shorter climb then you thought--- Roughly 5 minutes but it was enough to tire you out. Nothing a good ol' Monomate can't fix. It always works. "Now that we're here, where do we start?" Puzzled, the ninja replies "No idea. It's your call."

You begin to take in your surroundings. A thick, humid air fills the caves and, your Newman nose picks up only the faintest smell of meats. The walls are a navy stone and the floor is a brown sand. Dirty crystals give off a dull sheen. There is no apparent light source but there is not the faintest hint of shadows. It isn't particularly bright but at least you won't need a torch. The sounds of running water complimented by drips and echoes give the place an almost serene feel.

"Let's get moving" The comment startles you, but you don't show it. Quickly, you catch up with the ninja and begin walking through the caverns which are slowly spreading out as you progress. After a short while, you hear something rather peculiar. Before you can say anythin, the ninja says "Do you hear that?"
"Yeah, I do. . . It almost sounds like music--- But that's not possible, is it?"

It must be. There is a red, gold-laced curtain in your path and the sound of glass clinking along with music, produced by what sounds like make-shift instruments [which sound oddly sonorous] comes from the other end. You push the curtain aside and find yourself in a pub. The walls are covered with the same dull, sheening crystals that give off no light [and there is no light source here either] but the walls are perpendicular to flat, brown sand. Wooden tables sit in various places along with a huge wine rack placed behind a wooden bar. A pair of dart boards sit by the edge of the bar along with two other red, gold-laced curtains. Various coral plants, small statues, and paintings are sprinkled all over the pub giving a normal essence to the place, as if it weren't under the ocean.

There are a few men and women sitting at various tables. Two people are at the counter. One is on his face with not relevant features and the other is leaning over his drinking chatting with the bartender. The knight is fully clad in his armor, a shield with a faint glow sits on his back and a battle mace sits at his side. The bartender has a long, thin mustache that extends horizontally from his face. He wears a top hat along with a business mans outfit.

He notices you and the ninja walk in and welcomes you with the phrase, "Hey, we don't many newcomers around here. Would you care for a drink?"
"Hmm, why not."

The two of you sit down at the counter and order two bottles of GOD. Nice place for being underwater. How are you going to find them Cave Meats?

A: Order the bartender to tell you where the Cave Meats are, or else.
B: Ask the knight.
C: Continue through the other curtains, you can do it yourself.

And the vote was for C. If you want, you can revote OR I can simply write out the chapter. People may have changed their minds >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shliggy on 2007-06-11 22:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shliggy on 2007-06-12 16:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shliggy on 2007-06-12 17:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shliggy on 2007-06-12 21:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shliggy on 2007-06-13 15:21 ]</font>

Tact
Jun 11, 2007, 05:11 PM
I feel like asking the knightly dude.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well, that's one vote. You might wanna read the other 9 sections ;o

Tact
Jun 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
Haha, cat-newearl-person. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PhotonDrop
Jun 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
B

Sord
Jun 11, 2007, 06:18 PM
B... and then kill him, or if he be a dark knight, join him... then kill him after you get the prize

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2007, 06:23 PM
I hope you realize who the knight is >>;

Sord
Jun 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
well, I'm certainly no knight as I wouldn't aspire to serve anyone or anything, so in that regard, KILL MAIM SLAUGHTER DESTROY MASSACRE GENOCIDE!

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
I didn't think the votes would come that fast... I guess I should get to writing >_>;

Tact
Jun 11, 2007, 08:15 PM
This is FKL, sort of late at night. What did you expect? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Skorpius/icon_draw_wacko2.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 12:03 AM
Section 11

"Aye, ninja, let's go ask the knight. He might know."

The metallic voice rings out "Why the knight? Wouldn't the bartender know more?"

"Well, he's a well-off knight. He's got an enchanted shield."

"I wouldn't but. . . You're call. Be careful."

"What've I got to lose? And whadaya mean, be careful?"

"Nevermind."

After a few steps you're right next to the knight. Right before you can get your first word out, he turns around, bumps into you, and his GOD spills on the floor.

"THOU HATH SPILLED MY DRINK! THOU SHALL PAYETH! FOR THE ALLIANCE!"

He whips out his mace and it crashes into the floor, just missing your body. You can sense the smug look on the ninjas face as he says "Smooth."

Great job, jackass, you pissed him off! Something has to be done, you decide to. . .

A: Argue that it's against the code of Chivalry to attack an unarmed opponent, and a female one at that! Right?
B: Charge head on tear his ass apart, he's a brutish knight, you've got to be a better combatant then him.
C: Light the GOD on fire at his feet with Zonde, it should burn him to a crisp.

Weeaboolits
Jun 12, 2007, 12:42 AM
I vote for the zonde one for no pressing reason.

Sord
Jun 12, 2007, 01:54 AM
C, because burning alive is a painful death that I would enjoy reading about

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 02:23 AM
A painful, prolonged death.

Sord
Jun 12, 2007, 02:26 AM
yes, sounds like entertainment

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 08:48 AM
Only one more ;o

Tact
Jun 12, 2007, 03:05 PM
A. Besides, if you look defenseless enough and he stops, you can get in a quick strike later.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 04:42 PM
Getting sneaky with those votes, aye?
Well if no category gets 3 by tonight, I'll just write it out.

Tact
Jun 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
Write it out, meaning with your pick?

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 04:44 PM
Yes, with my guitar pick!

It'll be written in song, devoted to all of you.[/fthat]

I don't write music, I play it ._.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 07:52 PM
Section 12

You really wanna wipe the smirk that you know lies under the ninja's mask but you've gotta pay attention. I could argue the code of Chivalry The scene plays in your mind: You don't get out the first word before he crushes your skull. Uhg... I could charge him head on! Same result. What am I going to... Oh, wait, I've got it! You take in a quick gulp of air and stand motionless in fron of the knight. He swings at you with all his might while you do a quick roll behind him.

The GOD on the floor bursts into flame as you zap it with lightning, mid-roll. The fire rages up the knight's cape and under his armor. You can hear his flesh sizzling like bacon as he screams in agony. “What were you saying, ninja?” The ninja looks down and replies “Again, smooth.” You could swear steam was coming out of your ears when you retort “Whadaya mean, SMOOTH?” A simple hand gesture from your ally explains it. You spin around to see the knight unhitch his armor. Fuck you mean it was break away armor? How the Hell did I overlook that! What am I gon---”

You're cut off by another [nearly] fatal swing from the knight's mace. As you duck, you feel small embers drop from his sleeves onto your skin. From the floor, you can see his remaining cloths are seared. His skin is blackened in some areas while in others there is no skin at all, just exposed flesh. That's it! You spin your legs around the top of you head, kick a nearby GOD bottle into the air, flip up, and catch it behind your back. Before the knight can take his first step, you've thrown the GOD bottle at him. He attempts to hold up his shield but it's too late: The bottle shattered when it came in contact with his chest. The alcohol almost turns into a mist and goes all over his body as he begins to scream in agony once more. Like salt in an open wound.

You thrust your hand forward releasing a lightning bolt that ignites the knight once more. His mace is heaved above his head as he trudges forward in agony. This time, it's in your favor. He doesn't get a chance to swing. You hear the familiar humming, metallic screech of a photon blade as your Musahshi slices through his chest. His flaming body falls to it's knees, then his torso falls. Blood slowly pools around the body. The scent of burning flesh goes through the entire bar. People seem to notice the dead body but yet they don't care.

In a futile attempt, you try to cover up your heavy breathing when you speak to the ninja “Heh--- So uh. . . Who do we. . . Ask now?” The ninja's hand reaches his chin as he says “Hmm, dunno.” Suddenly, a cheery, dejected voice rings out “You kids looking for cave meats?” You and the ninja stare at the bartender. Hell does he mean, KIDS? “Oh, yes. Do you know where we could find them?” With a smile, the bartendr replies “Well, the story goes like....”

Well, you're real close now, how are you gonna figure this out?

A: Listen to his story, it should serve some relevance.
B: Knock his block off. He's dressed like a business magician for God's sake, what's he gonna do?
C: Screw him, just walk out without a word.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shliggy on 2007-06-12 17:52 ]</font>

Tact
Jun 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
A. Information = good.

PhotonDrop
Jun 12, 2007, 08:19 PM
A

I like your fight coreography, by the way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 08:29 PM
heh, thanks.

Just getting up and grabbing a bottle off the table sounded lifeless. Although, I could've probably worded some of this better, I can only improve o;

Sord
Jun 12, 2007, 09:47 PM
you make me proud http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

A

I would normally choose B, but A just seems so much more logical. Perhaps bash the guy's head in after he gives the information.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 12, 2007, 11:38 PM
Section 13

You almost crack the ninja's mask with your glare when you turn around. "Y-you're serious?" Regaining his composure, he replies "Yes. What other rational choices do we have?" Your hand goes to an "L" shape as your place it on your chin. "Well. . . Oh yeah, we could---!" With cold disdain, the ninja rings "Did I stutter when I said rational?" You look down like a scolded child for a brief moment before you reply "Fine."

"You kiddies ready?"

K-k-kiddies?!

Instinctively, the ninja grabs your shoulder as you lean forward. "Yes, we are ready, gramps." The old man's face twists as he yells "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!?!" The ninja jumps back and pulls out a pair of Yamatos, held high above his head. "Oh, I didn't make it clear? Allow me to reiterate! YES. WE. ARE. READY. GRAMPS. That make it clear?" The mans face is red hot, there's a faint heat wave going off the top of his hat.

Faster then the ninja can react, you and the bartender embrace each other in a hug. The metallic mask looks completely dumbfounded, despite it's sessile state. "You make me blush! Someone as cuuuute as you? Calling me gramps? I'm flattered!" You close your eyes, smile and reply "Chu~!" With almost teary eyes you decipher "S-s-soooooo cuute~!"

You shoot a smile at the ninja, who now has an abnormally sized sweat drop going down his forehead. "So, you want to know where the Cave Meats are? Well, I can tell you on one condition. The trenchcoat ninja-guy has to take off his golden mask."

"Oh uh, erm...."

You look over to the ninja who is looking a tad nervous.

Whaterya gon' do?

A: That ninja's is going to suck it up and take off his mask like a man. He'll understand, right?
B: Tough shit for the old, you've done enough sucking up, do it yourself.
C: You're going to pry the mask off his face. He's not that good.

PhotonDrop
Jun 12, 2007, 11:41 PM
matter of fact, I want C too because I wanna see something interesting (but I kid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2007-06-12 21:51 ]</font>

Sord
Jun 12, 2007, 11:47 PM
C, because I didn't choose to do something by force last time

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 12:06 AM
Clever reasoning.

PhotonDrop
Jun 13, 2007, 12:08 AM
...wait, is it just me or are B and C essentially the same thing?

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 12:14 AM
No, C involves ripping the mask offthe ninja. B, you just leave the old man and go on your own with the ninja (worded it poorly ._.)

Airalean
Jun 13, 2007, 12:19 AM
um, your thinking more in b, and you swear tehe. i pick A because I wouldn't have the guts to rip anything off anyones face.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 12:36 AM
>>;

Airalean
Jun 13, 2007, 12:38 AM
;O

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 13, 2007, 12:43 AM
On 2007-06-12 22:38, Brittanyy wrote:
;O

dhyguy says that!

C

I guess, he might have the Predator's face. Or is possibly a black man with his dialogue lately being "smooth" which is almost like "solid!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 12:44 AM

Oh, snap! Straight into FKL?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Forum/miudhylec.jpg

Also, I vote C to give it a third fourth vote. ;]

Haya beat me to the vote. ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-06-12 22:45 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 12:49 AM
You kiddies, making me type so fast ;_;

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 12:50 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Forum/Sig/thinghappensig.gif

Airalean
Jun 13, 2007, 01:09 AM
[quote]On 2007-06-12 22:44, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

i blame Shligger, he made me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shligger (10:58:31 PM): you just go to FKL
Shligger (10:58:35 PM): and stick around for awhile

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 01:13 AM
>_>;

<_<;

>_>;

Tact
Jun 13, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-06-12 22:44, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

AHAHAHAHA! Welcome to Hell!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Quo/Hell.jpg

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-06-13 12:33, Tact wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Quo/Hell.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Forum/Sig/thinghappensig.gif

Tact
Jun 13, 2007, 03:40 PM
Welcome to Hell came first.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
Section 14

"Oh, well... That mask? I'm not sure he'd like that." A low, faint sigh of relief escapes the ninja's mask as you say this. Sucker Now's your chance. You walk back over to the ninja, like you always have. He then turns his back to lead the way. That mask is mine. He won't even know what happened. You feel the hilt of the Musashi in your pocket. Go time. Your fist clenches. Your elbow is cocked.

Vzoom!

H-how the Hell?!?!?! H-he.... He.... The Yamato's blade is an inch from your neck. As you breathe you can see small traces of mist come from your mouth. A bead of sweat falls down your forehead. Your eyes don't know what to focus on. The Yamato? The Ninja? Yourself?

But it's answered for you. The powering off of his blade silently tells you to step back. The ninja steps in front of the red curtain you entered from. His hand slides up his back and to the top of his head. It grasps the golder mask. With one swift motion, it goes off his face, through the air, and into your hands in a perfect arc. "It's not a problem, really." As he walks out, you catch a glimpse of sky blue hair. You glance down at the mask and notice it sheen. "Have fun." Could it... No, that's not important. Now I have the mask... For some reason, the mask seems to be cold despite being worn for hours. Why does the old man want it? Could it be an artifact? Or are you just losing it? Do things like this exist?

Mask in hand, you're going to. . .

A: Give the mask to the man.
B: Say no and throw it out through the curtain.
C: Put it on yourself.

Sord
Jun 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
meh, just give the mask

A

Tact
Jun 13, 2007, 05:40 PM
A, as long as he doesn't put it on and go into "I'm going to kick your ass" mode.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 11:44 PM
O_O

As long as, aye? Well, short one vote. . . Watch as I obsess over this.

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 11:46 PM
A to give you that last vote. ;]

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 13, 2007, 11:47 PM
Takes the fun out of voting >.>

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 11:52 PM
Fine, C then. T_T

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 14, 2007, 12:19 AM
T_T

Nani-chan
Jun 14, 2007, 12:23 AM
G. Put the mask on a plush bunny-chan and have a cosplay where you are a hero and the bunny is a scary ogre.

Weeaboolits
Jun 14, 2007, 12:24 AM
What the hell do you want from me, dood? T_T

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 14, 2007, 12:32 AM
On 2007-06-13 22:23, Nani-chan wrote:
G. Put the mask on a plush bunny-chan and have a cosplay where you are a hero and the bunny is a scary ogre.

That's C unless you state otherwise ;o.

And also, Ronin, I'm just messing. I just don't like it when people vote just so it goes on (unless they wanted that choice).

astuarlen
Jun 14, 2007, 12:53 AM
On 2007-06-13 22:23, Nani-chan wrote:

H. All that plus sponge-rape and a stack of pancakes.

Nani-chan
Jun 14, 2007, 01:08 AM
In before a friendly way of saying hello in japan.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 14, 2007, 01:08 AM
>_>

That's remotely related to C, if only in the sense you quoted C -_-;

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2007, 01:10 AM
On 2007-06-13 13:40, Tact wrote:
Welcome to Hell came first.

It does in his post too.

Obvious Tact, now 25% more obvious than before!

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 14, 2007, 01:12 AM
Now vote 100% more then before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
I didn't want to make things any more complicated.

But if you insist, B! for Bitches! (don't know about my throw the yamato ninja's mask)

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 14, 2007, 02:33 AM
Niftyness.

I like it complicated. . . If, you naw I'm sayin' ;o

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2007, 04:55 AM
It doesn't get more complicated than Nani-chan, did you like that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-06-14 20:26 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
I thought is was.... Clever ;o

This is like torture almost, waiting for this ._.

Tact
Jun 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-06-13 23:10, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Obvious Tact, now 25% more obvious than before!

Obviously. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dahilia
Jun 14, 2007, 10:39 PM
;]

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 14, 2007, 10:49 PM
Well, if no one makes a vote, I'm deciding ;o

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2007, 10:51 PM
Bitches don't know about voting.