PDA

View Full Version : Jao hunting help

jayster
Jun 11, 2007, 05:51 PM
Is the rare map rate increased for maps such as VoC also? Does the rare map for VoC have the same rare map formations as it is on PSUPEDIA( I remember for the jaggos, the map formations were different)

Also, can you get the aura and kitty claws from C rank jao's on VoC as well or is that only on the fire break missions?

Please don't flame.

JAFO22000
Jun 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think anyone has retrieved this information. It's much easier to get a party and the spawn and some decent items and meseta and MP from Parum. Urgent Orders eclipses VoC for Jaggo spawns any day of the week. Plus, you help with the purification process runing UO.

If I had to guess, I would guess "No, the rate was not changed for VoC". But that's just a guess. Feel free to attempt it.

Phetty
Jun 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
The aura yes. Kitty claws probably S only

jayster
Jun 11, 2007, 05:58 PM
I could have sworn I heard someone say you could get them on C or B rank.

The only reason I want to do VoC is because I can do it by myself and recieve any drops from it. Also it's alot easier / quicker than the parum mission

Nobo
Jun 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
You can get both the kitty claws and the puyo unit on B and C urgent orders so I think it doesn't matter on the jaggos lvl. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
You can get kitty claws on C in the new mission, which is level 30+ jaggos. Any lower than that, I cannot say for certain

THE JACKEL

Golto
Jun 11, 2007, 06:32 PM
Its not that the rare spawn rate has increased it is that for Urgent Orders the total amount of different spawns is a lot lower than most other missions. There is only 1 map each for b1-2, and 2 for b3. There is also only 2 different spawning patterns for b1 and b2 including seed pods. Most other missions have maps that have 3 different b1 maps each with 3 different spawns. So compare 2x-2x-2x to 3x-3x-3x. 1 in 8 compared to 1 in 27.

Niloklives
Jun 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
and there is no rare map as far as UO is concerned. the appearance rate for jaggos there is about 33% so you'll spend much less time hunting jaggos there. VoC has not changed. I spent 4 hours hunting jaggos at VoC (with 3 luck for those of you to which it matters). and no jaggo. then I did UO and got jaggos 5 times in a row. at that I was convinced the left turn ment jaggos for certain they were coming up so often. it wasn't until my 8th run where I got the left turn map again but got jarbas that I found out it could be anything else. UO is much better for jaggos. no question about it.

Mikaga
Jun 11, 2007, 07:15 PM
The "star zoma" is a requirement or there'll be Jishagara and the wrong B3.

Actually, you can tell a little sooner than that as the zoma in the corridoor of the "low road" need to be there (it's the same thing, but you see after ~30 seconds instead of ~60).

After that, you need to have Volfu in B2 instead of Jishagara. That one's a given as it opens up the road to the right B3.

Finally, at the start of B3, head right before doing the trap maze. You can (using your goggles) see the position of the gozoma by the blewme at the start of the block (the trap maze is a giant U-turn) - if the one nearest the blewme is on the right you'll get Jarba, and if it's on the left you'll get Jaggo:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/mikaga/psu/jaggosonichi/b3tell.png

In this example I got Jarba. It doesn't save too much time and if you want to complete the mission anyway you may as well skip the step, but it's interesting to know.

Also, Jaggo Sonichi drop everything but the bear claw board on C difficulty. I don't know if they're more common on B and above, though. Also, I don't know if the bear claw board is exclusive to Jaggo Sonichi (it might just be Lv100+ Jaggo of all types!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2007-06-11 17:16 ]</font>

Golto
Jun 11, 2007, 07:20 PM
Mikaga the twin bear claw only drops from lvl 100+ Jaggo Sonichis. The JPN have access to lvl 100+ regular Jaggos and they drop the same as lvl 45~50+ Jaggos.

Ravennittes
Jun 11, 2007, 07:48 PM
1: They are Jaggos not Jaos.

2: The Jaggo map is NOT a rare map on UO (which is where you should be farming them if ya wanna heh)

3: Have fun with that rare spawn while I stick to the un-rare kind.