PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PSU

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 06:43 PM
Ok so then I decided to buy PSU, I come from PSO BB and its been fun playing that but its time to move on to a new game and I got a few questions that I just can't find the answer, they are not n00b questions (sort of?)so...yeah, I'll be playing Online Only so the questions concern Online:

1) How many quests are there? PSO had a variety of quests how's the quests in here?

2) How many characters can an account hold?

3) I keep hearing that the gameplay is repetitive and some quests are boring, any comments on this?

4) PC and PS2 servers link each other right?

5) What's the level cap?

6) How's the drops on this game?

Thanks in advance.

Kimil
Jun 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
1) A lot, I'll let someone specify

2) 4

3) If you enjoyed PSO BB, you'll be amazed at the speed of this game ( as you level your PAs ) and the free missions are borring after a while, which is why right now is a good time to join, we have some limited time missions right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

4) Yes

5) 80 right now, 90 in a month, 100 sometie down the road, and 100+ in the expansion ( novmeber)

6) Lower than PSO, but new missions lately have higher rates, (FB, an the EX missions we may or may not be getting afterwards )

Chuck_Norris
Jun 11, 2007, 06:50 PM
1)like 38 i think
2)4
3)no comment
4)yes that is true
5) it is at 80 right now, maybe bumped up to 90 after fire break
6)im not quite sure what you mean.

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 06:57 PM
Anyone else about the missions? and 80 level cap...hhmm...do you level up slower than PSO or something?

Nobo
Jun 11, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-06-11 16:57, mrlion wrote:
Anyone else about the missions? and 80 level cap...hhmm...do you level up slower than PSO or something?

Slower than you can emagine!!! And theres about 8 missions on parum, 7 on neudaiz I think, 6 that I know of on moatoob and 4 on the guardians colony. but with firebreak going on rigt now theres 7 more. And I've had the game since December and I got to lv 80 2 days ago! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif you lvl slowly

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nobo on 2007-06-11 17:04 ]</font>

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 07:05 PM
hmmm I'm kind of skeptical about the missions...is the world free roaming like PSO? As in...you can go to any area without any missions pending?

Anduril
Jun 11, 2007, 07:08 PM
No, it's not really free roaming in terms of fighting. You don't really have any pending missions, thus they are called "Free Missions." You are free to do them or not. But they are the only way to go out and fight.

Nobo
Jun 11, 2007, 07:09 PM
Nope not really, to get to certain places to do missions you have to travel through one. But don't worry the missions inbetween only take about 5-10min. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 07:12 PM
hhmm I dont quite understand Free Missions can you explain a bit more?

Anduril
Jun 11, 2007, 07:14 PM
Free missions are just missions with no story, no nothing. They are just missions were you go out and kill enemies, or fulfill certain requirements. These are what most missions are.

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 11, 2007, 07:15 PM
Well come expansion you will be able to teleport from lobby to lobby, and don't worry the missions are good enough to fight in.

Nobo
Jun 11, 2007, 07:19 PM
Online everything is a free mission you do it whenever you feel like. At the ends of missions you get a reward based on ur performance. You get a rank S, A, B, C. If you get an S u receive the max reward of mission pts and meseta. mission pts help lv ur class which gives u extra stats. If a party member dies without a scape then your rank goes down. depending on which class you are depends on which weapons you can equip.

Dhylec
Jun 11, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-06-11 17:05, mrlion wrote:
hmmm I'm kind of skeptical about the missions...is the world free roaming like PSO? As in...you can go to any area without any missions pending?

PSU has two kind of missions (think of quests for PSO,) story-based & free missions. Though not comprehensive or epic, story gives you a background story to play with.

Free missions is what it says: free to all. Just reach the requirement & play. Most are solo-able, others required two or more party members to complete. All available missions are opened, just a matter of getting there.

Currently, we have Firebreak event missions. Like other seasonal events, these are only temporarily. They will be removed once the event is over. I'm sure you are familiar with these kind of quests on PSO already.

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 08:55 PM
yeah I know...I also forgot another question. How's the population of the servers?

Kimil
Jun 11, 2007, 09:08 PM
Last time I checked before I was DCd, 600-800 players on the main server durring normal play hours, and private/solo ppl on scattered everywhere else

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s10/Kimil_Evangelist/psu20070611_094346_000.jpg

Asumming you are on the PS2/PC version from your question #4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-11 19:10 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 11, 2007, 09:10 PM
u were dc'd because of a server scan.

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 09:13 PM
hhmm man that's pretty bad....then again PSO BB is around the same yet I see thumpin good parties in there.

Kimil
Jun 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-06-11 19:10, Almighty_Envy wrote:
u were dc'd because of a server scan.

no, check the first line on the left of my sig http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kimil
Jun 11, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-06-11 19:13, mrlion wrote:
hhmm man that's pretty bad....then again PSO BB is around the same yet I see thumpin good parties in there.

wait, Did you want the number of ppl on at once? or the TOTAL population?

Average Active Population ( at peek hours ) - 600-800 players on uni 2 and scattered ppl on the other 17 unis

Total PLayer Accounts - 37,000+

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-11 19:17 ]</font>

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 09:19 PM
well both actually...where are you getting these numbers?

Kimil
Jun 11, 2007, 09:21 PM
In that picture there I showed you, each full star represents 200 players online. Each hollow star can be anywhere from 1-199 players, but of course its mostlikely the lower end of that spectrum

Total players is easy, each player has a number, mine is in the 22,000s ( and I joined in december, one month after the release ). I've keeping on eye on our newcommers and we've passed the 37,000 mark.

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 09:24 PM
I see...that's pretty interesting...alright thanks

mrlion
Jun 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
Man I keep forgetting more questions but...are there difficulties like PSO?

A2K
Jun 12, 2007, 12:02 AM
Each free mission is available in C, B, A, S, and sometimes even S2 varieties. Each corresponds to a difficulty rank:

C : No prerequisites ever, monsters LV20 max. (can be as low as LV1) "Normal"
B: Monsters LV35~40 max. "Hard"
A: Monsters LV45 max. "Very Hard"; mini-bosses will usually spawn in threes at this point and higher
S: Monsters LV50~95; at LV50 and higher, certain monsters will be reskinned and replaced by stronger versions, similar to "Ultimate" in PSO
S2: Monsters LV80~105 (future missions can go even higher)

At B rank and above, there is a level requirement that all party members must fulfill in order to partake in the mission at that level, which is progressively higher for higher difficulty ranks, of course.

For special missions available for events such as Firebreak or from the Guardians branch and HQ counters, there are only C through A ranks available and as such are scaled a bit differently.

mrlion
Jun 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks...also I look at the item database and it seems that items not higher than 10 rarity cannot be obtained online...is this going to change?

mrlion
Jun 12, 2007, 11:46 AM
No? Oh ok http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2007, 11:52 AM
yeah. ST is partitioning out the content over time. adding new missions, items, etc every 2 weeks or so(sometimes a bit longer). they're currently adding more 10* weapons, but in about 3 weeks, we're getting a new mission that will give us access (I think) to a new 12* weapon and a very rare 10* weapon and possibly an 11* as well.

That said it's not a bad time to get into the action as all the fun stuff is becoming unlocked now.

the missions though if you equated them with PSO could be seen as quests, but each mission is partitioned into areas much like PSOs maps. so say for example in episode 1 where you went to the forest, mobbed through two areas and then fought a boss. well all missions requre you go through 2 or 3 areas just like in PSO, only difference is not all missions have bosses.

PSO btw was illusionary free roaming. I say this because it was a pretty linear game which bounced you back to a large room you could walk around in to pick the next area. but it wasn't like you had this expansive world to explore. PSU in that respect isn't much different. it's just that not all areas are accesable from the same room, if you follow. so you have to trek to these other places to get access to everything. it's not too bad and once you get a little experience and about 20 lvls, you can just about go anywhere on your own if you wanted. Further more, you don't have to trek somewhere if you have a friend in the lobby you want to get to. they can invite you to their party which lets you teleport to the same lobby they're in by way of an NPC.

The combat system is very different. they've done away with the timing system and they really did a number on the way one even attacks. like I can no olong attack with a rod or wand. I have to junction techniques now also known as "photon arts" to my force weapons. this is what allows me to cast my spells. guns can fire without a photon art set to them, but "bullets" add elemental attributes to the weapon and allow you to inflict status ailments on the enemy with every shot. as such there is no need for you set a button for "special attack".Finally, even heavy attacks are done away with and melee combat in enhanced by way of "skills" which are fancy, powerful moves that can send enemies flying and do massive damage very quickly.

Photon blasts are done away with and instead, casts and a new race, known as beasts have their own special attacks, while humans and newmans have traits meant to make them more versatile and thereby offset the fact theat they don't have giant guns from space or the ability to morph into a 20 foot tall monster.

Also, while each race defaults to a class when you first make them, any race can be any calss you want and you can change classes whenever you want for a small fee. in addition to the classic classes (Hunter, Ranger, Force), there are 7 new advanced classes(Fighgunner, Guntecher, Wartecher, Fortefighter, Fortegunner, Fortetecher, Protranser). each has their own set of usable weapons, PA limitations and other small treats that makes them unique and allows for a player to find a playstyle that suits them. and ocne again, any race can be any of these things. So even casts can be techers now. also come the expansion, we'll be getting two new classes and four new weapon types.

Aside from that, obviously the game was modeled after PSO, so there's a lot you're bound to reckognise from BB. agive it a week or two and it'll all make sense again.

Enjoy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-06-12 10:11 ]</font>

mrlion
Jun 12, 2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you...I think I will close this topic now..can anyone lock it?