PDA

View Full Version : Gold Star Luck = Worthless!!!!!! Thank You SEGA!

Fulgore
Jun 11, 2007, 09:52 PM
........So as a Human Female I Finally! get Gold Star Luck after waiting what it seems months (was actually LOTs of Months) and Apparently I had forgotten that getting Gold Luck is like Winning some Joke Lottery where you actually PAY for Winning..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Needless to say....I got more with 0 Luck doing Rainbow Beast S2 Runs.....

Here's to Never Getting Gold Luck again.....that Worthless thing that happens "Thankfully" Only once in Many a Moons to Us Human Females....Whew!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-06-11 19:54 ]</font>

pikachief
Jun 11, 2007, 10:56 PM
oh your not used to the CURSED Gold star are u? yea it usually sucks when i have gold star! with my casts i got almost nothing. Then i played as my female beasts for TWO missions, and saw a puyoment aura then twin kitty claws drop!!

i only use gold star for sythesising grinders and grinding weapons, it curses everything else!

THERAPIST
Jun 11, 2007, 10:58 PM
I hear you Fulgore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yesterday I used my amazing 3 star super awesome gold luck to find 0 puyo auras, 0 kitty claws, and 2 Jao decos during 4-5 hours worth of C and B runs.

And if we complete the target for FB we can look forward to a full week of 3 star luck crap.

Rashiid
Jun 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
now do ya realize; to not let this whole luck thing get to ya head? luck doesnt run PSU (well sadly it does but...)

you should not pay much attention to it.

we need to have a full month of no luck. see how the community responds.

its like taking coke from a crackhead. *scrachs neck*

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 11, 2007, 11:09 PM
By now you should have noticed, no luck and full star luck are basically the same..

pikachief
Jun 11, 2007, 11:09 PM
On 2007-06-11 21:03, Rashiid wrote:
now do ya realize; to not let this whole luck thing get to ya head? luck doesnt run PSU (well sadly it does but...)

you should not pay much attention to it.

we need to have a full month of no luck. see how the community responds.

its like taking coke from a crackhead. *scrachs neck*

no 1 and 2 star are still good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mayu
Jun 11, 2007, 11:11 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Level ZERO Luck> Level 3 Luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Jun 11, 2007, 11:19 PM
I've found more jaggo maps on +3 lucks lately >.> probably because of the +3 luck and the upped rate of appearance.

Fulgore
Jun 11, 2007, 11:27 PM
I find that so Hilarious and Sadly Ironic......When I have 1* or 0 Luck I get Rappy Spawns (Rare Spawns) like Nobody's Business.....but they drop Squat! Then when I have 2* or 3* Luck I get No Spawns.....no matter how hard I try to find them..... It's CrAzY......But I have seen the Pic Post for this month and other posts where people had some Deliriously Sweet items drop (11* Boards, *DROOL*) And all I have to say to that is......I'm Glad at least Someone gets good things out of this game.......If it weren't for seeing others having good fortune once in awhile I'd seriously consider quitting.....

......then I'd get over it and just enjoy my 9*'s but you get the idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ZodiacNKnight
Jun 11, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-06-11 21:27, Fulgore wrote:
I find that so Hilarious and Sadly Ironic......When I have 1* or 0 Luck I get Rappy Spawns (Rare Spawns) like Nobody's Business.....but they drop Squat! Then when I have 2* or 3* Luck I get No Spawns.....no matter how hard I try to find them..... It's CrAzY......But I have seen the Pic Post for this month and other posts where people had some Deliriously Sweet items drop (11* Boards, *DROOL*) And all I have to say to that is......I'm Glad at least Someone gets good things out of this game.......If it weren't for seeing others having good fortune once in awhile I'd seriously consider quitting.....

......then I'd get over it and just enjoy my 9*'s but you get the idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh you mean like this...?
Especially when it goes to someone else...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/FallenAngelicLeo/PSOW/twinbearclaw.jpg

Hath_Wrobo
Jun 11, 2007, 11:40 PM
I just think the whole luck system has a psychological effect on us. With +3 luck we get excited that we can get nice rewards for spamming missions, but because we spam the missions, we grow tired and easily disappointed when the items we want do not show up.

With low luck we don't really try to spam missions because with low luck, there really is no reason for us to get excited about hunting for rares. So, maybe the expectation of +3 to get us rares is what really bothers us about the luck system, rather than the lack of good rares.

So to sum it up, with +3/+2 luck, we assume we will find the rares we want, so we become easily disappointed when this doesn't occur. 0/+1 luck, we do not assume we will find the rares we want, so we become easily surprised when lucky things happen.

To solve this : Convince yourself that luck only affects grinding, and nothing else. This will prevent yourself from spamming and disappointment.

Treillerti
Jun 12, 2007, 12:05 AM
Luck's not entirely horrible when it kicks in.. I mean. . not that it ever does. . and if it does, someone else gets the five puyo armors, 3 kitty claws. . Ah. .. Luck sucks.

Fulgore
Jun 12, 2007, 12:08 AM
^ Agreed!

As for ZodiacNKnight, I know what you mean.......but it really makes it easier to see boards/rares go to other people when I realize that....I cant use them anyway and hopefully the person who got them Can. Take for example my Rabol Rappy that I hunted and hunted for and once found, and synthed, I found out I'll Never be able to wear it with my Main Char.

That being said....it DOES piss me off when I see Hunters/Rangers (Not the Hybrid types) pick up things like Cometera's or other Wands/Force Stuff.......I Rarely see that stuff drop and I kinda DO expect to get it seeing as I let the other stuff I don't need go to those who do need it......Not just go "Gimmie Gimmie" and sell it in my shop or use it with Another Char......I mean, come on...I have a life, I have work.....I can't play 4 Characters with Different Classes....at least let me have what I Deserve for my Main and Only Char.....

....But, I Rant.....lol.......either way whatever happens I just let go....nothing can change how people were brought up......

Back to the luck thing.....I only have 1* luck and I'm Stuck at work till Jusssst after the daily reset.....then I will have 0 luck but Still will have to work........Ironically Sunday when there was 3* Luck I didn't have to work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif..........Ohhh the Irony!

EDIT: I should note that I DO have 3 other Chars but they are for my PURE PM's, because SEGA has a Twisted since of increasing the Chance...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif...of making something out of a Board that Cost a Fortune only to throw a Monomate back in your face....GRRRR

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-06-11 22:13 ]</font>

Treillerti
Jun 12, 2007, 03:18 AM
Yea. . 2/3 kitty claws and 1 of the puyo aura's went to people who only want to sell it. . While I actually want it. . oh the humanity. T_T humans suck lol

Soukosa
Jun 12, 2007, 04:23 AM
A) It's photon fortune, not fucking luck...
B) It increases the drop anything rates of enemies and containers. It has no effect on rares outside of that. If you think otherwise, you shouldn't be going all emo about it since it's been stated many many times that it doesn't -_-

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 12, 2007, 05:25 AM
ACTUALLY....

A) Photon Fortune ('seireiun', literally 'star - spirit - luck'), popularly just referred to as Luck (originating from fan translations)

That was taken from PSUpedia. It may be called, "Photon Fortune", but as it states...it will popularly be referred to as LUCK. So just go ahead and skip the technicalities and join us :3.

Think about it this way. You're already agreeing with us that it IS in fact luck..only you're just calling it something fancy, while everyone else says, "luck" ^_^

Finae
Jun 12, 2007, 05:39 AM
Who the hell cares what its called, people all know what it ****ing means when they say luck. Say something like tig ol bitties and then you can care as no one knows what the hell you were refering to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Luck is junk. Back then (like in october when I was in nub stages), I used to think it was so awesome as I was getting l33t drops. But that changed over time. Just because you have 3 luck doesn't mean you're going to get that rare you've been hunting for months. It sure as hell doesn't mean you'll get rare spawn maps faster than a person with 0 luck. Back when I did hard/power charge hunts, I had one full day of no rare spawn maps, yet on a 0 luck day, I get 3 rare spawn maps.

Same thing went for this one jaggo hunting group I was in. Leader had 3 and been hunting all day. Everytime we saw jaggo, it drop ****....no wait, jao decoration http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

So get it out of your head (for the people that don't know) that luck guarantees you of getting that long sought out rare. I killed about 30/80 ordugus back then with 3 luck over a month or so and they all drop ****. On the 80th Ordugus, with 1 luck, it drop hpc. All I use luck for these days is grinding and it will be like that from now and forever (unless Sega changes how luck works).

F-Gattaca
Jun 12, 2007, 06:16 AM
I'm going to take Sounomi's side here on both counts; there needs to be a better understanding among the populace over what Photon Fortune can and cannot do (for example, increase drops period as compared to the widespread belief that it increases rare drops) ... as well as a better understanding that it's improper to refer to it as "luck," because that's hardly what it is. This is something I've only begun to realize, admittedly ...

"Also, a Photon Fortune icon will be displayed next to the [character name] text. It is said that there will be a divine protection of some sort, depending o the way it shines, and as it shines more brightly, higher effects can be expected."

That's from the manual. I would've expected--in the desire to shorten everything down--that the PSU players would've used something like "PF" instead of "luck" to refer to Photon Fortune, but eh ...

The reason Sounomi and others care to make a difference between "photon fortune" and "luck" is because there is another game mechanic literally labeled "Luck" in PSU, and that's your critical hit rate. PSUPedia mentions that.

So yeah. Please try and refer to the stars shining next to your name as "Holy Light" or "Photon Fortune" or "PF" or something, for clarity's sake. It's more appropriate to do so as it is. I'm trying to break the habit of calling it "luck" myself ...

... Actually, wait. Sounomi, I have a better idea, since I recognize you from the RagnaInfo! Why not handle this issue here the way RO priests handle beggars that always go "plz?" Y'know, where if some random guy comes up and accosts a priest saying "buff now plz" they'd say "plz = priests love zeny" in response. We can do that here! Someone says how worthless "3 luck" is, just respond with "Well, yeah, depending on your critical hit rate isn't a smart idea." We can make this work!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-06-12 04:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-06-15 02:15 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Jun 12, 2007, 09:08 AM
Photon Fortune: can not raise a party member from death. I have confirmed this.

amtalx
Jun 12, 2007, 09:56 AM
Luck is about as concrete as the BEAT system...

Kent
Jun 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-06-12 07:56, amtalx wrote:
Luck is about as concrete as the BEAT system...

...Which was pretty concrete, seeing as it's a measurement of time. 1000 .beats per day, also known as internet time.

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 06:27 PM
Time system with no time zones! Hurray!