PDA

View Full Version : Luck and synthing

Orikalin
Jun 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
I have a few questions about luck and synthing:

1.Does luck affect the chance of higher elemental %? or just success rate?

2.If it does affect elemental %, does the luck you had when you started the synth matter? or the luck you have when you take it out?

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2007, 11:03 AM
according to sega, luck has no effect on either success rate or attribute bonuses.

however I GAVE noticed when I start a synh with higher luck, more of my synths come out. and all my 50s have come from me pulling them with 2 luck. so I can't right;y give an concrete evidence one way or the other...but such has been my experience.

TheLOLBandit
Jun 12, 2007, 11:04 AM
On 2007-06-12 09:03, NIloklives wrote:
according to sega, luck has no effect on either success rate or attribute bonuses.

however I GAVE noticed when I start a synh with higher luck, more of my synths come out. and all my 50s have come from me pulling them with 2 luck. so I can't right;y give an concrete evidence one way or the other...but such has been my experience.

not true there was a post earlier last month about this cant remember who posted it but they said that luck effects many thing including sythning rare drops and rare monsters

EDIT:: of course he sent an email to one of the ST admins about and they replied

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheLOLBandit on 2007-06-12 09:05 ]</font>

DRO
Jun 12, 2007, 11:07 AM
i thought 3 star luck would help me get better grinders....i spent 150k on a grinders and the best i got was 1 set of a+8....the majority a+2...i have no clue...but i think maybe the pm's luck might help....i doubt the char luck plays a part

PsyGuy
Jun 12, 2007, 11:09 AM
I always saved my mega synth days for when i had luck and i get just as many failures and bad percent's as the days i have 0 luck. X_X

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
reread what I posted. I said according to Sega/ST. all mailing to ST regarding hidden values effected by luck or otherwise are either ignored or replied to with "we cannot disclose that type of information".

I did NOT say that they were telling the truth, only that it's the official word. of course they won't come out and say "hey yeah, synth with high luck for way better results". But I also said in my experience, luck DOES effect synth rate.

RedCoKid
Jun 12, 2007, 11:18 AM
I observed a 1-3% increase in the frequency of +7 to +10 grinder A's on back-to-back days of 0* and 2* luck (n = 287 & 300 boards, respectively). My PM's luck was the reverse (2* and 0*). I don't have data on other types of synthesis.

Edit: I have the exact numbers if anyone is interested. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-06-12 09:34 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 12, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-06-12 08:56, Orikalin wrote:
I have a few questions about luck and synthing:

1.Does luck affect the chance of higher elemental %? or just success rate?

2.If it does affect elemental %, does the luck you had when you started the synth matter? or the luck you have when you take it out?

No. End of discussion.

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
not to start a fight or anything, but a PS2/PC user would probably have a better idea about this stuff since they can synth a whole lot more than a 360 user. like...I can synth 16 items same name and element with 0 luck several times. then do the same thing with 2 luck and 4 lucks and record the results. not something one can easily do on the 360.

Rashiid
Jun 12, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-06-12 10:02, NIloklives wrote:
not to start a fight or anything, but a PS2/PC user would probably have a better idea about this stuff since they can synth a whole lot more than a 360 user. like...I can synth 16 items same name and element with 0 luck several times. then do the same thing with 2 luck and 4 lucks and record the results. not something one can easily do on the 360.

Point is; Photon Fortune doesnt effect Synthing.