PDA

View Full Version : THEORY ON ROOM DECORATIONS DETERMINING LUCK

DRO
Jun 12, 2007, 11:03 AM
OK...SO I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT THE RARITY OF YOUR ROOM DECORATIONS DETERMINE YOUR LUCK/ITEM DROPS....I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT ...BUT IF IT WAS ....THAN COULDN'T SOMEONE BUY A ROOM FULL OF WEDDING CAKES FOR EACH DECO SPACE IN YOUR ROOM FOR MAXIMUM LUCK/ITEM DROPS?

shit....caps....i type while looking at my fingers..lol

does anyone have any written material on this subject? is this theory true or false?

Kano-Okami
Jun 12, 2007, 11:07 AM
The whole 'Feng Shui' approach? Its an interesting theory but I believe its more random than arrangement.

TheLOLBandit
Jun 12, 2007, 11:10 AM
no written material but i did notice when i put my sonic amy and tails statues one the red and yellow block that i had more and better money and rare drops than when i had a zoona and a la pucha statue on them as for the wedding cakes yes you could buy a crap load of them and just dec your room like that to maximize chances ive been in rooms where there is nothing but sonic and tails and that does make you luck for drops a wee bit better but having 3 star or any star luck also effects this

and i type while looking at the keyboard as well lol so dont feel bad i do the caps thing all the time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheLOLBandit on 2007-06-12 09:11 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 12, 2007, 11:18 AM
I tried the feng shui thing with the Sonic statue when it was first released.

I got a better deal when I sold the statue for 300k.

Akaimizu
Jun 12, 2007, 11:27 AM
Feng Shui still took me about 500+ hours to see my first (and only) Yellow Rappy Spawn and low rare drops all along the way. (I missed a good individual character record of getting to 70 with no Yellow Rappy spawns, even when most of my level attempts were Rappy maps. I got it just as I was turning 69. Though I guess if I added my alt Mufonna (At level 22) in there, I technically did get the record.)

I tried the idea as early as I could, pretty much just a couple weeks after people first started talking about it.

The only people sort of convinced of it, are the people who are lucky, in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-12 09:30 ]</font>

pikachief
Jun 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
The whole colored square things is not in the expansion. When u change your reform room ticket to an AOI room, the colored squares are completely gone!

if they did somethign they would just take them away! Or sega would at least tell us they are taken away.

as in they do nothing so sega's taking them out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: but someone got me to do it anyways because, if u have the decorations y not do it anyways?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-06-12 09:32 ]</font>

amtalx
Jun 12, 2007, 11:33 AM
Personally I think its garbage, and I still continue to laugh at people that shell out millions for a room full of Sonics. Do I have any evidence? No. But neither does anybody else. It's all conjecture.

Akaimizu
Jun 12, 2007, 11:43 AM
I know a friend of mine with a room full of Sonics. However, he didn't do it for Feng Shui. He did it because he loves Sonic enough to have a room full of em.

Neith
Jun 12, 2007, 11:47 AM
Feng Shui theory doesn't make any difference. I thought this was settled weeks, if not months ago?

gambit04
Jun 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-06-12 09:47, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Feng Shui theory doesn't make any difference. I thought this was settled weeks, if not months ago?

Yes months is correct didn't a GM tell us that it made no difference?

amtalx
Jun 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-06-12 09:43, Akaimizu wrote:
I know a friend of mine with a room full of Sonics. However, he didn't do it for Feng Shui. He did it because he loves Sonic enough to have a room full of em.

Doing it to make your room look hawt is OK http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aralia
Jun 12, 2007, 12:11 PM
total BS, my fT's room is my "rare room" and she gets the same crap that my other characters do.
(personally I think if rarity mattered, then my seasonal rappy/jaggo decos and de ragan heads would have effected it by now.. according to the feng shui theory I'd have had like 10 s rank drops by now instead of just 2... >.>)

l_Will_l
Jun 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
heh if that were true I would have found something by now. never even had an s rank drop for me. let alone even seeing one drop. although i did have a puyoment aura drop my first jaggo map the other night and i got it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif but like i said its no s rank drop

Rashiid
Jun 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
Room Decor is false.

/thread.

Serephim
Jun 12, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-06-12 09:03, DRO wrote:
OK...SO I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT THE RARITY OF YOUR ROOM DECORATIONS DETERMINE YOUR LUCK/ITEM DROPS....I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT ...BUT IF IT WAS ....THAN COULDN'T SOMEONE BUY A ROOM FULL OF WEDDING CAKES FOR EACH DECO SPACE IN YOUR ROOM FOR MAXIMUM LUCK/ITEM DROPS?

shit....caps....i type while looking at my fingers..lol

does anyone have any written material on this subject? is this theory true or false?

If sonic team diddnt take the time to put in rare weapons i highly doubt they took the time to implement anything of that nature.

Ravennittes
Jun 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
This can be tested for. All ya gotta do is do a certain mission and get an average meseta drop amount from a particular monster. Do it about 30-50 times. Repeat with a room full of highlevel stuff. Done with no luck whatsoever.

Syl
Jun 12, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-06-12 11:46, Ravennittes wrote:
This can be tested for. All ya gotta do is do a certain mission and get an average meseta drop amount from a particular monster. Do it about 30-50 times. Repeat with a room full of highlevel stuff. Done with no luck whatsoever.

Well, that wont work. See if an uber rare drops in the next set of 50 runs (with theory in practice), you'll give credit to Feng Shui for it, but it could have been just dumb luck. There is pretty much no way to prove that putting rare decos in the right squares will get you rares... unless you do it and you get rares up the wazoo and when you take em off they stop dropping. If you can rinse and repeat, then theory has a chance. But seriously ask yourself, what are the odds of that?

I still think this idea needs to get people shot <_< LET IT DIE ALREADY

ThEoRy
Jun 12, 2007, 03:48 PM
The title of this topic sounds like a seminar I'll be hosting next week at the Houston Doubletree. Tickets are $49.99...
No refunds!

*ThEoRy*

Ravennittes
Jun 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-06-12 12:03, WatchThemFeed wrote:

On 2007-06-12 11:46, Ravennittes wrote:

Well, that wont work. See if an uber rare drops in the next set of 50 runs (with theory in practice), you'll give credit to Feng Shui for it, but it could have been just dumb luck. There is pretty much no way to prove that putting rare decos in the right squares will get you rares... unless you do it and you get rares up the wazoo and when you take em off they stop dropping. If you can rinse and repeat, then theory has a chance. But seriously ask yourself, what are the odds of that?

I still think this idea needs to get people shot <_< LET IT DIE ALREADY

Did I say rares? No. I was talking purely meseta ONLY to establish both the base from which experimentation is done (the control) and the testing variable.