PDA

View Full Version : Did Sonic Team plan for failure? [Firebreak]

Helly
Jun 12, 2007, 04:09 PM
Do ya think they had anything planned for if the players failed this event and left planets burning? They probably should have since it is such an "urgent" mission right? If not they are just lame. Something should be at stake! So.....

As for the poll...

I say that after our time is up (June 28th) Parum and Moatoob should be shut down for a week up to a month depending on their % of purification, unsless of course they are 100% purified (unlikely) while the "real" Guardians finish up purifying those planets. Would it annoy people? Maybe. But they'd still have their precious Neudaiz to play on.

Edit: 3rd option was supposed to say "Obligatory "don't care" option" dunno why it messed up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Helly on 2007-06-12 14:45 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Jun 12, 2007, 04:12 PM
wait your saying they should lock the planet that ARENT done yet?

Helly
Jun 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-06-12 14:12, chuck_norris wrote:
wait your saying they should lock the planet that ARENT done yet?

Thats exactly right! Allow no one to enter any unpurified planet for a set amount of time!

Chuck_Norris
Jun 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
...so whats the point of that?

akratic
Jun 12, 2007, 04:24 PM
Since we have fewer players, it only made sense for them to increase the points needed.

Daremo
Jun 12, 2007, 04:26 PM
Maybe if there was a threat of the planets being shut down for "repairs" after the event. That might encourage people to work on those planets more.

LoneDespo
Jun 12, 2007, 04:27 PM
I think you meant "after the event is over, x planets should be temporarily locked." If so, please specifically state it, as it wouldn't do us any good to have planets yet to be purified locked before the event ends.

If I understood this right, then I agree.

However, looking at the situation from a more detached standpoint, the whole purpose of this event might be to bring our community closer. Despite people half-killing each other over rares; they are learning to work together, albeit on a limited level. If that was ST's goal, then purification points, etc shouldn't matter. It's just speculation on my part.

Tekershee
Jun 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't mind if there was a punishment of some sort, kind of like limited mission choices or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ether
Jun 12, 2007, 04:35 PM
Of course there is no plan for failure, I think the fact that Neudaiz is 150% purified and still has the missions is a good sign of that. They're just a bunch of missions, theres nothing really dynamic or "at stake" in the game whatsoever

Hath_Wrobo
Jun 12, 2007, 04:47 PM
Now, if Sonic Team closed down 50% of places to play at for a while, wouldn't that cause a lot of problems once half of the people playing decide to cancel their guardian licenses for that month? Hell, I would definitely do that if they decided to pull that kind of shit. What they really should do, is get rid of the firebreak missions of Neudaiz. If the planet is already purified, then why would the missions still be there?

JAFO22000
Jun 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
Moatoob is the least popular of the planets anyway. I don't think it'd make much of a difference if it were to "close down" for a set amount of time after FB if we don't purify it....

Helly
Jun 12, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-06-12 14:47, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
Now, if Sonic Team closed down 50% of places to play at for a while, wouldn't that cause a lot of problems once half of the people playing decide to cancel their guardian licenses for that month?

I doubt there would be mass cancellations (especially on the 360 end where its a pain to cancel). I didn't say close them for a month, I said UP TO a month. 1 - 2 weeks is most likely for Parum and maybe 3 - 4 for Moatoob.

Maybe something like~

80 to 99% = 1 week
60 to 79% = 2 weeks
40 to 59% = 3 weeks
20 to 39% = 4 weeks

What they really should do, is get rid of the firebreak missions of Neudaiz. If the planet is already purified, then why would the missions still be there?

Those missions are needed for PA Frags and Frying Pan ticket.

Hath_Wrobo
Jun 12, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-06-12 15:03, Helly wrote:

What they really should do, is get rid of the firebreak missions of Neudaiz. If the planet is already purified, then why would the missions still be there?

Those missions are needed for PA Frags and Frying Pan ticket.

True, but still, there are still many options that Sonic Team can do to help the movement of players to the other two planets.

For example, how about lowering the rewards for the neudaiz missions, or even increasing the reward for the moatoob mission. If you think about it, the only real reason to go to moatoob is if you want a sense of completion for the firebreak event. Neudaiz gives a ton of mission points and money for little difficulty, while Moatoob gives a lot less for a longer mission time. I have no idea why Sonic Team would not realize how easy Neudaiz is to spam and not take action against it.

VanHalen
Jun 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
Actually I would find that pretty funny if they closed Moatoob and Parum off if they didn't reach 100%. I think mainly the problem is Moatoob since Parum is actually rocketing up there in points.

Kion
Jun 12, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-06-12 14:50, JAFO22000 wrote:
Moatoob is the least popular of the planets anyway. I don't think it'd make much of a difference if it were to "close down" for a set amount of time after FB if we don't purify it....

Agreed, no one would care.

Powder Keg
Jun 12, 2007, 06:30 PM
What a stupid idea. Do you want more people to quit?

WaveofBabies
Jun 12, 2007, 09:07 PM
i'd hate to see them locked off for a bit especially since sleeping warriors S2 is rumored to be out soon.

however neudaiz would get alot of attention possibly flooding the market with alot of stuff i want (har/me quick, sori/force, sori/ tech, 10* tech boards, etc)

it'd be nice not to have to pay 8mil for a har quick

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2007, 09:19 PM
That reminds me, did PSUjp manage to get 100%?

ThEoRy
Jun 12, 2007, 09:19 PM
I think its a sound idea on paper but Idk if too many people would care about sad and lonely moatoob enough to save it.

Golto
Jun 12, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-06-12 14:24, akratic wrote:
Since we have fewer players, it only made sense for them to increase the points needed.

Very true, just because the JPN went apeshit and earned over 100 million more points than needed doesn't mean that we would do the same. NA/EU just aren't that good working together towards a common goal.

Sakuya
Jun 12, 2007, 09:34 PM
Japan completed it.

Soukosa
Jun 12, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-06-12 19:19, Zorafim wrote:
That reminds me, did PSUjp manage to get 100%?

They barely saved Moatoob when they only needed 15mil for it, Neudaiz was a bit better and Parum was saved like 5 times over...

They upped the rewards for us and thus is why the event is a bit more popular for us (especiall Neudaiz...). The main problem with this event is that there is little incentive to do many of the missions. Something they seemed to realize about half way through it when they made the labs missions with a very good incentive to play them.

If we fail to purify certain planets, it's more of ST's fault than our own. The Moatoob mission is very incentive (you could put it on Parum or Neudaiz and people would still hate it) and it's the only way to purify that planet after they greatly raised the amount we need to do so.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 12, 2007, 09:42 PM
after Firebreak, the A - S2 missions with the highest pay-out of MP on Parum (labs, Crimson Beasts) should be locked for 3 weeks as punishment IMO.

The Neudaiz's Fire Break missions *should* of been removed as soon as the planet hit 100% purification IMO.

natewifi
Jun 12, 2007, 09:44 PM
You guys are talking about the producer punishing the customer, that's the dumbest bullshit anyone could suggest.

Im sorry that some of the other players like neudaiz/moatoob (moatoob isnt even done wtf are all of you saying moatoob should be too), stop bitching/crying you cant change how they feel and how they want to play the game (fucking dictators), they spam neudaiz, you spam parum for different reasons.

Other than the fact that its not purified, maybe their not trying to purify but level and up their character, have some consideration/sympathy for other players and their side of why they do so, idiots.

I dont spam Neudaiz, but you guys are being selfish bitches right now, you cant force people to do anything.

No matter what the small majority that does spam neudaiz wouldnt make but a small difference in the point increase, honestly, no matter what until I get a puyoment im going to spam Urgent Orders even if Parum is purfied before then

Done, im not gonna argue I sed what is the truth :/.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-06-12 20:01 ]</font>

Sakuya
Jun 12, 2007, 09:49 PM
You didn't say truth boy. And you need to work on your immature vocabulary over a game, nd discussions over it.

e_Tard
Jun 12, 2007, 09:57 PM
If moatoob got shut down? meh... no one would care.

But Parum? No Mad Beasts, no crimson, no labs? Oh wow, spammers would /wrist. There would probably be a bigger riot than that morning the servers came up and Sega said "oops tech difficulties, no Ult PAs for you"

natewifi
Jun 12, 2007, 09:58 PM
There is only 2 letter typos, I suppose nd is good vocabulary? The topic doesnt say "Vocabulary correcting hypocrites" boy and btw "say truth" is not so good either, your off topic, responses such as yours were as expected because you have nothing really to back up how you see it, its just out of you being an asshole simple as that.

Eureka
Jun 12, 2007, 10:11 PM
I haven't been running any FB missions myself. Just been running other missions on Colony and Neudaiz. Not interesting in hunting all the FB rares with the majority of the player base. To each their own, but I have more fun doing the things I enjoy...not just grinding the same missions over and over.

Sakuya
Jun 12, 2007, 10:15 PM
I was referring to your swearing over an in game topic, in which you disagree that there should be no punishment for not completing the purification of Guhral.

And a key not registering while typing is hardly something I would call a need for vocabulary fix. Your swearing is atrocious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakuya on 2007-06-12 20:15 ]</font>

ssl118
Jun 12, 2007, 11:12 PM
They definitely had the whole "Urgency" planned due to the 40mil required to purify Parum. People spam certain missions. For a while there Neudaiz purification was no different than Crimson Beast in that....that was the place to be. So, no blame to ST and really no blame on us either. It's just how we play the game. Personally I've enjoyed all the FB missions and can't wait for similar themed missions.

Packrat
Jun 12, 2007, 11:15 PM
I agree that punishing the customer for not completing an in-game mission is ridiculous to say the least. It would only get more people to quit the game. The population is frail enough as it is. Locking down popular planets or missions would be a death sentence for ST, even if it were done for a week.

A better solution perhaps would be to reward with special missions on each planet purified. Make the missions and rewards very enticing and available for at least a couple of weeks. Make Moatoob's the best so people help out there >_>.

The issue I see right now is the amount of purification points wasted due to greed for rares and mission points. Neudaiz provides the easy 1-2 min. missions that give decent MP (especially for the solo player). Parum provides the easy rares; from what I see a good 3/4 or more of the FB missions there are "Jaggo hunts, we abandon on bad maps"..

VanHalen
Jun 12, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-06-12 20:15, Sakuya wrote:
I was referring to your swearing over an in game topic, in which you disagree that there should be no punishment for not completing the purification of Guhral.

And a key not registering while typing is hardly something I would call a need for vocabulary fix. Your swearing is atrocious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakuya on 2007-06-12 20:15 ]</font>

Sir, don't worry about him he's always like that. We just ignore him.

Helly
Jun 13, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-06-12 19:57, e_Tard wrote:
But Parum? No Mad Beasts, no crimson, no labs? Oh wow, spammers would /wrist.

Rainbow Beast takes over for Mad Beasts and Eastern Peril takes over for Crimson Beast (which took over Eastern Peril in the first place). Rare hunters will have their S ranks and spammers will have their easier-than-CB MP/Money/Frags.

And I still don't see how anyone would quit over not being able to go to Parum for a week. I also don't get why they can't punish us. After all, they brought back that darn planet-flight video. >.< If they wanna raise a strong community being alil strict and punishing us for not spamming 7 missions rather than 1. ST aren't our parents but the same principles should apply.

Since this whole thing has been made a Guardians mission right there is legit in-game reasons for closing those places off. Further down in the story mode missions they could have like NPCs dissing the Guardians for their epic failure and so on~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Helly on 2007-06-12 22:08 ]</font>

Arika
Jun 13, 2007, 05:23 AM
if they change the reward of purify moatoob from 50% sale clothes shop to be 50% sale synthesis shop.
I guess everyone will make it purify very quick

Garanz-Baranz
Jun 13, 2007, 05:59 AM
Honestly, I cant care about what they do with the planets.

I just do what's there.

Offtopic And to Nate-

Why take such a negative tone? Hm?
You calling about everyone whom posted on this Thread a 'Selfish Bitch' is highly excessive... Come on, it's only a game. Saying that makes you seem like an asshole, and not the person you commented on, which again made you seem more 'asshole-ish' but I'm not gonna be directing my comment in a harsh manner, as you did.

And it's not us whose implimenting the 'punishment', it's SEGA, however this isn't a true thing occuring.

Also, how are we selfish? this basically can be seen as a perposal of action, of sorts.

It's obvious we can't force people to do things, we don't have mind control, so I suggest you think before you speak, but I can't force you, as you clearly stated before.

[end rant.]

Tekknight
Jun 13, 2007, 06:16 AM
I was discussing this with my friend the other day. I think it would be HILARIOUS if upon starting up PSU and loggin on, we were all treated to an unskippable Cut scene of Moatoob/ Parum exploding Death Star style! They shouldn't close down the planets, but play that sad "C rank" music the entire time!

Sekani
Jun 13, 2007, 06:32 AM
Natewifi is right for once.

lostinseganet
Jun 13, 2007, 08:42 AM
They should stay infested and make the monsters 4 times as strong and live there until we commit genoside. When we kill em we should be able to wear them as hats and have a big barbeque yum!

DurakkenX
Jun 13, 2007, 09:16 AM
according to the original parameters of fire break moatoob is 60% done, and parum is about 20% done...

akratic
Jun 13, 2007, 09:39 AM
On 2007-06-13 07:16, DurakkenX wrote:
according to the original parameters of fire break moatoob is 60% done, and parum is about 20% done...

Really, you know, it boils down to the fact that many of us play this game for fun, and the Moatoob mission is simply not fun.

The idea is fine: see how many baddies you can kill in a time limit. But they simply failed to realize, when they upped the requirement for purification, that the rewards for Moatoob make it far too tedious to go after all those extra required points. (not to mention that the amount of experience in Moatoob pales compared to the Urgent Orders, which is also faster. There is no reason apart from discounted clothes to go there. And the money you make in the actually rewarding missions balances out the loss in discount, anyway.)

The players didn't mess this up. ST did by not incentivizing the players enough.

ScaryBen
Jun 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
Just take away their precious Crimson Beast if they don't finish (or at least 50%) Parum, that would show those Neudaiz spammers ><. As for Moatoob, close off some msions there too. Punishment for playing Neudaiz is MORE NEUDAIZ!!!

People may stop playing in protest, but in my experience mission spammers are the best to play with anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

panzer_unit
Jun 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
Punishing players is kinda stupid.

They should have made the Moatoob missions more fun or worth more points and the planet purification rewards worth something, like drop rate boosts or applying the discount on ALL the shops... on Moatoob synth boards and materials? It's not hard to find people who like axes, spears, or grenades enough to want that.

Wheatpenny
Jun 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah I don't think if Moatoob gets shut down for a while that anyone will realy care but the mahsochists, mostly due to the fact that moatoob missions are kinda harsh.

panzer_unit
Jun 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
Sucks that the armor and units I want to hunt are there.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
if they gave us an EX mission on each planet purified for a weekend or something, people would definitely try and purify each planet

punishment for a game we pay for is never a good idea... rewards is a wonderful idea

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-06-13 09:09 ]</font>

BahnKnakyu
Jun 13, 2007, 11:16 AM
Er, they didn't do it in the JP NetCash Cup so I don't know why the heck they'd do the same for us. Yeah, I know about the 2-week thing in MA2 PSOBB, but that was just sad in the first place.

JAFO22000
Jun 13, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-06-13 07:39, akratic wrote:

On 2007-06-13 07:16, DurakkenX wrote:

Really, you know, it boils down to the fact that many of us play this game for fun, and the Moatoob mission is simply not fun.

The idea is fine: see how many baddies you can kill in a time limit. But they simply failed to realize, when they upped the requirement for purification, that the rewards for Moatoob make it far too tedious to go after all those extra required points. (not to mention that the amount of experience in Moatoob pales compared to the Urgent Orders, which is also faster. There is no reason apart from discounted clothes to go there. And the money you make in the actually rewarding missions balances out the loss in discount, anyway.)

The players didn't mess this up. ST did by not incentivizing the players enough.

Exactly. In addition, why did they over-compensate the Urgent Orders mission? Not only is it quicker, gives more experience and better Meseta/MP/PA frags for completing, but it also has a chance to get 10* boards (claw, knuckles, armor, meteor cannon) AND you get a crapload of Carbons/Resins/Polymers AND a better than normal chance to see a rare creature which can drop a limited time only item. Add in that you can have six players in a party at a time versus four in Scorched Valley and Urgent Orders beats it in every way.

Sakuya
Jun 13, 2007, 11:45 AM
Indeed, the Parum mission trumps Moatoob in every way. The EXP is great and all, but compared to a 12-15 minute A rank Parum Run it's nothing. Mass EXP mass Meseta, mass Ban Photons, Great Drops. I mean seriously, assuming we purify Parum in time, who, but the dedicated few will actually return to Moatoob?

VanHalen
Jun 13, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-06-13 04:32, Sekani wrote:

It's the end of the world?

Sekani
Jun 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-06-13 11:39, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-06-13 04:32, Sekani wrote:

It's the end of the world?

Stranger things have happened....

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 13, 2007, 11:13 PM
Well, maybe if the Moatoob mission involved destroying SEED-Cores rather than just going around killing things, the planet might actually be purified! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Were they expecting the fire to just magically go away when enough monsters died?