PDA

View Full Version : LVL 100 entry level

Kimil
Jun 12, 2007, 07:17 PM
Would you like a mission like Urgent Orders (high S rank drops rates) that isn't Event based?

Maybe a mission (per planet) for lvl 100s ( once we get that Level cap ) as a reward for reaching the cap and staying in the game. Maybe make the missions hard, VERY HARD, but with decent drop rates, non of this once in 30 missions crap, but an S rank a mission.

- Team Mission (5 players minimum)
- Lvl 100 Minimum entry
- 10* board/wep drops, 1 to 3 a run
- 11* board/wep drops, once every 3 to 5 runs
- 12* board/wep drops, boss drop, so once every 15 to 30 runs
- Armours, Slots and Decos same idea, 10 stars common but everything higher would have worse and worse drop rates

(Balance)
- No Enemies give EXP
- No Enemies give MP
- Maybe Entry costs PA Frags or Meseta per run? So ppl still do Free missions.

- Swarms of Enemies, multiple boss fights, multiple minibosses, traps, turrets, the whole deal to make the runs HARD.

(These missions would be all about the S rank Drops, not leveling up. Each taking an average team 20-30 mins to run)

These Missions could be like the good missions in between event missions ( take away durring events like FB and the Famitsu cup ).

I have to go eat, so I can't finish yet, post your thoughts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-12 17:54 ]</font>

Kion
Jun 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
Make an alt.

But an intense mission for elite players would be fun, except for the lag...

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2007, 08:06 PM
Capped level, capped job, nothing to buy, so yeah this sounds just about right.

Ether
Jun 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-06-12 17:17, Kimil wrote:
Swarms of Enemies, multiple boss fights, multiple minibosses, traps, turrets, the whole deal to make the runs HARD.

PSU should be like this already =/

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
If not for the fact that a single enemy can take minutes to kill, that'd be great.

Golto
Jun 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
I like most of what you are saying except the 5+ part. Its hard to get that many trustworthy, good players together on pc/ps2 sometimes. Maybe 3+ player missions.

Dahilia
Jun 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-06-12 18:09, Ether wrote:

Swarms of Enemies, multiple boss fights, multiple minibosses, traps, turrets, the whole deal to make the runs HARD.

PSU should be like this already =/

RegulusHikari
Jun 12, 2007, 08:35 PM
This is what I want to see from any online multiplayer game. A teambased killfest, where your life is on the line 100% of the time, you're rushing to annihilate as many enemies as possible, working together with teammates to stay alive, and getting crazy drops and awesome weapons.

But you hit the most important part; make it endgame. Make it so that the dedicated players with the highest level able to access it only. Make me WORK to be able to play in this awesome mission. This game already makes way too much stuff convenient for lower levels (see stat requirements for S ranks).

From what I've seen from Firebreak and the Fami cup (and from what I've heard about some of the online PSO quests), I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this... minus the mass rares... cause ST are a bunch of greedy hoarding nazis. >_>

WaveofBabies
Jun 12, 2007, 09:04 PM
do you mean in the spirit of the Moatoob firebreak mission? where there are tos of enemies constantly spawning? that'd be sweet.

ThEoRy
Jun 12, 2007, 09:21 PM
Would you like a mission like Urgent Orders (high S rank drops rates) that isn't Event based?

Maybe a mission (per planet) for lvl 100s ( once we get that Level cap ) as a reward for reaching the cap and staying in the game. Maybe make the missions hard, VERY HARD, but with decent drop rates, non of this once in 30 missions crap, but an S rank a mission.

- Lvl 100 Minimum entry
- Armours, Slots and Decos same idea, 10 stars common but everything higher would have worse and worse drop rates

(Balance)
- No Enemies give EXP
- No Enemies give MP

- Swarms of Enemies, multiple boss fights, multiple minibosses, traps, turrets, the whole deal to make the runs HARD.

(These missions would be all about the S rank Drops, not leveling up. Each taking an average team 20-30 mins to run)

These Missions could be like the good missions in between event missions ( take away durring events like FB and the Famitsu cup ).

I have to go eat, so I can't finish yet, post your thoughts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes plz. Where do I sign up?

Kimil
Jun 12, 2007, 09:56 PM
Learn Japanese, go back in time and tell SEGA durring the PSU closed beta -.-

Pinecone
Jun 12, 2007, 10:55 PM
Ah, I see Kimil already has a copy of the plan

ssl118
Jun 12, 2007, 11:05 PM
I never thought I would vote no on something like this idea, but I did. I don't think it would "break" the game but in the long run I don't want to see this happen. Honestly I'm pumped as hell about the droprates in Urgent orders. I've had two [B] Gudda Skela drop in my 0 luck games and seen another drop. I've also actually gotten [B] Daiga-Misaki (sp). This was my first S rank in 700+ hours of play (not counting alts). I guess what I'd like to see is somewhere in between what we have (with Rainbow and MB S2) and Urgent Orders as far as droprates go. 12 STRAIGHT hours of repeating Rainbow S2 and getting nothing but mats was a little ridiculous. Personally at the very least the S rank Fever from Urgent Orders A will keep me playing and hunting for hundreds more hours for sure.

RegulusHikari
Jun 12, 2007, 11:48 PM
12 STRAIGHT hours of repeating Rainbow S2 and getting nothing but mats was a little ridiculous.

I can empathize with this and at the same time I don't want to see rares out the wazoo either. But gigantic, far out-numbered, all-odds-against-you, 300-esque cinematic type battles would be TO DIE FOR.

... LITERALLY. <_<;

Give me that and a LONG, difficult boss battle at the end. And I mean DIFFICULT. Not multi massive megid tossing difficult, but like moves and attacks of all elements, hard to dodge, and traps and SEs ALL AROUND. And weak spots that need to be located and attacks, not shoot anywhere and things die.

I've given stuff like this a fair bit of thought.

A2K
Jun 13, 2007, 12:14 AM
This seems way too imbalanced to be viable. I'm all for harder missions and good rewards but some of the suggestions here are just too out there. Also, Urgent Orders is a great mission, but this bears very little resemblance to it at all.

Saigan
Jun 13, 2007, 02:55 AM
This is one of the problems other games have- too many rewards for end game, not enough for early game. A good example is FFXI; there's TONS of endgame stuff to do which is great if you have the time but for us working fellas with family and jobs we'd hate to see quests limited to only those with the time to enjoy.
I think that unless the cap gets raised with AoI 90 or even 95 should be the last lvl requirement.

My two cents.

Serephim
Jun 13, 2007, 03:21 AM

- Lvl 100 Minimum entry

(Balance)
- No Enemies give EXP
- No Enemies give MP

Why wouldnt sonic team be SMART and make ALL missions like that...?

Everyone isnt an Elite player. Everyone wont play until lvl 100. Why would they cater to the much smaller group of people while everyone else complains and quits?

giving higher level players benefits other than harder missions only leads to desprate grinding and elitism.

Stupid idea.

That would be neglecting the newer players, the ones that want just as much attention and excitement as the higher level players. For a game like this with such a retardedly low amout of players (pc/ps2 dissapointed me badly when i got my subscription), trying to keep old players and not draw in new ones is retarded.

I mean, just imagine if every mission was like Urgent Orders. The game would be FUN if every mission you run through has a chance of a good drop, and increasingly better chances as you branch through the lobbies.

what you speak of would be better as maybe a bonus fo r S-ranking all missions in a certian planet branch or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-06-13 01:26 ]</font>

BTW, what your talking about sounds more like Challenge Mode than anything. When PSU gets Challenge Mode, ByeBye pso lovers forever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-06-13 01:28 ]</font>

Arika
Jun 13, 2007, 04:17 AM
you can see the trend that mission which is required more ppl to do = getting better drop
free mission = very hard to see a rare map
co-op mission (3+ ppl crimson) = see rare map easier
even mission(4+ ppl) = see rare map too easy, and I won't going to call it a rare map

amtalx
Jun 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
I like the idea, but the drop rates are pretty far off the mark. With those, a dedicated player could have a half a palette full of 12* weapons in one weekend. Other than that, I love it.

RegulusHikari
Jun 13, 2007, 09:42 AM
To those who say the rare drop rate is too high and would never be done: have you heard or seen anything about the bonus missions in the Fami cup? Some 10* weapons became USELESS. This isn't something ST wouldn't do. And I absolutely HATE the idea of rares-dropping-like-flies-so-everyone-and-their-grandmother-has-one missions. Why the hell did I work three weeks for a weapon that everyone of every class is going to have later on?

With those, a dedicated player could have a half a palette full of 12* weapons in one weekend.

Some people have already gotten full palettes of legitimate Halarods from the aforementioned bonus missions. Like I said, this isn't something far out of ST's plans for this game.

Anyway-

I don't think that having one mission for the highest players only is going to make all of the lower leveled players quit. It's not like ST is going to say hit the cap ASAP or else you can't do ANYTHING worthwhile in our game. That IS stupid, even for ST.

But is it so much to ask for a single mission that all of the most dedicated players can enjoy together? I JUST hit the 80 cap about 2 days ago, so I'm not one of those "homg nuu cap hit eet naowz!!!1!1" kinda guys that will hit new the new level cap in 3 days. I just think that the higher leveled players need something to stand out from all of the common ones - because that's part of what online games like this are about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-06-13 07:44 ]</font>

ne1first
Jun 13, 2007, 10:54 AM
The key here is this type of mission should cost PA frags to enter. This would be the equivalent of a FFXI BCNM for those that have played that game. Good rewards, but you can't spam it forever without farming the required PA frags first. That works and would not be unbalanced, and at the same time you wouldnt have 99.999% of the server in that lobby.

panzer_unit
Jun 13, 2007, 11:07 AM
It's not like you have to be really good at the game to max your level and classes, you've just got to dump time into it... why does that deserve some kind of special reward?

How about kicking the WHOLE GAME up a notch instead? Make all the missions a lot more frantic, and make it pretty common to see some nice rewards (special boards, weapons with random %'s, armors, etc) drop more frequently.

RegulusHikari
Jun 13, 2007, 11:11 AM
How about kicking the WHOLE GAME up a notch instead? Make all the missions a lot more frantic, and make it pretty common to see some nice rewards (special boards, weapons with random %'s, armors, etc) drop more frequently.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE wants to see this happen. This game is laid back in too many places. Not enough excitement to keep me playing for hours at a time.

amtalx
Jun 13, 2007, 11:15 AM
Halarods I don't mind so much. My point only really applies to 12* weapons. These are intended to be the elite uber-rares. Halarods are not. Halarods are more like a Hildebear Cane haha. In my eyes, you should be lucky to even see another player with a 12* let alone have one yourself. This may change with 15* weapons in AoI, but I don't think the uber-rares should be falling like rain.

Wheatpenny
Jun 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
I think they need to do something similar to the BCNM system from FFXI(one of the few things I liked from the game) where you couuld turn in PA frags for a chance to fight an incredibly hard boss and you would get MP and the drops from the boss boxes at the end of the fight would be far better than normal provided you win of course.

***EDIT**** Doh I see some other people had the same idea my bad. That is what I get for being tardy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2007-06-13 09:50 ]</font>