PDA

View Full Version : Something Interesting I noticed while doing Random Runs last

Fulgore
Jun 12, 2007, 08:16 PM
.....I Never...and I mean Never, in All my runs in the past on Parum, have gotten a twin crea saber board, or De Ragan Tail off the De Ragan.... But I wanted to get to Mad Beasts last nite so I could finally see what S2 105lvl monsters were all about....and to get there I went through Mad Creatures and then so on....well I pretty much just said it....I did S rank runs and got a Twin Crea Saber board and then De Ragan Tail.......I have done at least 100+ of Both those runs and never gotten anything like it.....or in a row like that.....and I had 0 Luck.....Zero!

I'm thinking this.....the less people are in a place the more your odds increases of getting something good from it.....cuz No One was on Parum doing those runs.....no one at all, but me.

Just something I've noticed...I've noticed this elsewhere as well....I went over to Holy Grounds one nite and it was a Wasteland and I got 2 Armor boards in 1 mission and so on.....

Kion
Jun 13, 2007, 12:45 AM
There's an expresion that goes some where along the lines of "luck comes with experience". I think PSU works that way. You may not get something the first time, but continue enough and stuff will begin to drop.

Syl
Jun 13, 2007, 12:54 AM
omg this better not be the next "theory" (Feng shui *cough*)... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Fulgore
Jun 13, 2007, 01:30 AM
Seriously though, go to a place that no one has been to in awhile and is a wasteland and do just 1 Run! You will be amazed. It only makes sense really....the possible rares for that particular place will not be devided up amonst the masses so your wait in line for goodies gets cut drastically!

landman
Jun 13, 2007, 01:46 AM
It is a possibility, I've seen more drops from that jaos in purification last fridat than the rest of the week, but who knows

Dragwind
Jun 13, 2007, 05:58 AM
Odd, princess ashley found twin kitty claws last night with 0 luck...

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 13, 2007, 06:19 AM
This, theory can't be true because many people have found that aura and twin kitty claws in urgent orders and everyone is around there.

Powder Keg
Jun 13, 2007, 04:06 PM
The same rule applied in PSO:

You will ONLY find rares when you are not looking for them.

Soukosa
Jun 13, 2007, 04:21 PM
So then when I spammed HWI on my lower chars during peak time I shouldn't have been finding any rare drops from enemies... *looks at her pile of wands and armor boards from Gohmons and Ageetas during that time*

If this was true, then Moatoob would be an incredable gold mine of rares since so much of the population can't handle the challenges of most of that planet. Yet, you don't find rares any more often than you do else where. Just because it comes in an orange/red box doesn't mean it's a rare to the game in this case. Anything set to its rare would be considered the rare, even if it's 1* and has a 50% occurance rate.

Furthermore, why the hell would they program the game to work this way? Seems pointless beyond belief and if they had that much time, the game wouldn't have been delayed and/or had alot more rare items to hunt for, because they had the time to get do it.

Kyli
Jun 13, 2007, 04:24 PM
Actually, i've experienced something similar to the OP on this one. I hit Eastern Peril last night and just did an S run with my buddy. With 0 luck, I managed to find 2 Copernia, and I'm usually luck to find even 1/run with +3 luck. Now if only it had been a Me/Quick unit instead. Oh well....*goes back to grinding missions*

Wheatpenny
Jun 13, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-06-13 14:06, Artea wrote:

I second that.

Fulgore
Jun 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
Well I'm not trying to proove anything here, just mentioned what I noticed........and once again last nite.....picked a random area (I wont say where cuz I plan on returning)....and right off I start getting a Ton of rares....more than I ever see on a mission with or without people, I'm talking walnas, 10* or higher Gemeralds, Neptu-Mercu-Junalines up my WAzooO......and I know those happen all the time to people but ON THE SAME MISSION?!?....I was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif and I thought for Sure I'd get something good from the Boss as well but......(lol, couldn't beat him actually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif ).......

Anyways.....I realize what happens to people in groups......I have seen things drop that I've never seen playing on my own.......But.....in all the times playing on my own in a populated area I've Never gotten such Goodies as when the place is Basically Abandoned

Kabuto
Jun 14, 2007, 01:47 AM
On 2007-06-13 14:06, Artea wrote:

I second that motion as well XD. thats what happen with me finding the fuka misaki >_>