PDA

View Full Version : Kicking system?

Kion
Jun 13, 2007, 10:37 AM
My entire party just got booted on a jaggo map. I know that playing with people you know makes a huge difference, but public games, you cant really be sure.

I know this topic has been touched on before, but rather than bumping an old topic i'd rather discuss it in the light of fire break.

So who thinks we need a new kicking system that doesn't depend solely on the leader?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-06-13 08:38 ]</font>

gambit04
Jun 13, 2007, 10:39 AM
I like it as long as you party with people you trust it is ok. Plus not everyone kicks people when they see jaggos.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 13, 2007, 10:41 AM
whoever does that is an idiot, because they only get 2 jaggos. Have 4 people in the party, and you can get all 3 jaggos and maximize your chances of getting something with the least number of people. Not only that, if you kick people, you no longer have a party to get back to that point. You'd be much better keeping 3 other people and getting back to the jaggo multiple times.

THE JACKEL

amtalx
Jun 13, 2007, 10:45 AM
There is nothing you can do to prevent jackassery. The current system is fine, just some people choose to abuse it.

Seira7
Jun 13, 2007, 10:47 AM
Ideally there would be a lock on the boot system implemented so that when rare monsters show, the ability to boot is removed. But thats kind of a complex solution for preventing the actions of a few morons on PSU. Actually, few is more like quite a few. Ive had the rare monster boot happen to me as well before. Sucks.

panzer_unit
Jun 13, 2007, 10:49 AM
That's weak. What was the leader's name?

The team leader system does currently suck. There should be votes on booting, and something you can do about a leader on extended AFK except quit the team and start another.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-06-13 08:52 ]</font>

Kion
Jun 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
Can't say on this forum. Not to flame someone, but to talk about the idea.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 13, 2007, 10:59 AM
I find whenever there is votes, half the people don't care. Plus if there is voting the person in question should not get a vote, meaning 5 votes so it never split decisions. Default answer should be yes if you don't answer as well, as opposed to no.

THE JACKEL

Kion
Jun 13, 2007, 11:07 AM
This is a half-ass topic. I started in because i was annoyed with getting booted, which i guess depends on allowing yourself to be put in that possition.

panzer_unit
Jun 13, 2007, 11:24 AM
It's a legit complaint though, I've never had that happen and OMG it would burn me if it did.

Given how awesome random team players often are in PSU I think the only reason we don't see more of it - getting kicked the moment an S-rank is kinda likely to drop - is because people either haven't thought of it yet, or don't have fast enough fingers to pull it off... otherwise you'd never set foot in a random map or see the end of a hard boss fight where there's loot on the line without being the leader or part of some in-game crew.

EDIT: it should be replaced with some kind of dance-off system, with options for American or Bollywood style.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-06-13 09:26 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 01:58 PM
Happened to me. Pissed me off.....

Booting should be a vote system.

Since the false ideals of that happening are low, just play with people you know, or play as the leader. Infact im off now to make a party of 4 people on the pc/ps2 servers for Jaggo Hunt A. And if you want to have a fair chance at rares and no impromper boots, hit me up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

~ EnvY

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 13, 2007, 02:05 PM
Vote system is stupid.
Don't play with idiots, and you won't need it.
Or make your own party (what a novel idea mirite).

A2K
Jun 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
With the limited number of players you can have in a party a voting system doesn't really work. Assuming the player being put up for ejection doesn't get a vote, what happens if the party only has 5 members including said troublemaker to begin with and a split decision is reached? Inevitably you'll have people who don't care, either, which means an abstain option.

Take for example, a party you've started on your own. Two people join and decide to spam/play crap through the mic/etc. Time to boot, right? Too bad the both of them are out-voting you every time. The party's essentially been hijacked and now it looks like you're the one getting booted (or leaving), instead.

I think a better solution would simply be to throttle the boot option. After removing a player character, the leader would have to wait sixty seconds or so before being able to boot another. Very rarely would a party leader have a legitimate reason to boot more than one or two people in quick succession. NPCs, of course, could be booted freely without any such restriction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-06-13 12:17 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jun 13, 2007, 02:21 PM
think a better solution would simply be to throttle the boot option. After removing a player character, the leader would have to wait thirty seconds or so before being able to boot another. Very rarely would a party leader have a legitimate reason to boot more than one or two people in quick succession. NPCs, of course, could be booted freely without any such restriction.

Now THAT is a great idea!

I can see it now:

Jaggo spawn. Leader boots a member. Remaining members of the party rush to kill all of the Jaggos within 30 seconds(or whatever the throttle is), cursing at the leader of the party the whole time!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-06-13 12:23 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-06-13 12:21, JAFO22000 wrote:

think a better solution would simply be to throttle the boot option. After removing a player character, the leader would have to wait thirty seconds or so before being able to boot another. Very rarely would a party leader have a legitimate reason to boot more than one or two people in quick succession. NPCs, of course, could be booted freely without any such restriction.

Now THAT is a great idea!

I can see it now:

Jaggo spawn. Leader boots a member. Remaining members of the party rush to kill all of the Jaggos within 30 seconds(or whatever the throttle is), cursing at the leader of the party the whole time!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-06-13 12:23 ]</font>

That sounds like a good idea.

Add in a lower lvl leader with no scapes vs Jaggo Sonichi = Death xD

Those guys can actually hit pretty hard.....

DreamLocke
Jun 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
My characters aren't strong enough to do the missions with the precious rare drops yet.

I did get kicked from Heat Wave Island B becuase I was a level 10. Of course that was stupid because low levels just purify and leave the mobs to the higher levels. We're just there for the MP and $$$.

Funny though, when I use my femme newman FT with no mic on, I never get kicked...

Seira7
Jun 13, 2007, 05:01 PM
Rule #1: Play with your friends.
Rule #2: or only be the leader.

This advice is given again and again, but I am not sure that is the solution.
So basically, because the boot system is flawed, we have to alter our playstyle, and not be open to joining large random parties and meeting new people.
It just seems rather limited. Im more the type that likes to constantly be meeting new people, rather than play with a closed group of friends I guess. Instead of us altering the way we play, perhaps Sega should refine the system. Just a thought.

Eliash
Jun 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
It is truely a sad state that is the current trend of party leaders. I've heard this story all too often on Universes 1 and 2. The only true solution currently is to be party leader and refuse to give it up unless you trust the person that you are giving it to. I've seen spam of people looking for 1 more person to do a run, and I will not join them regardless of what they say.

Several times I've heard people saying they do not boot, however, I consider words and actions to be two seperate things. I suggest trying to start your own parties, and to try and be fair. People will remember you and seek you out for parties and return the favor.

DreamLocke
Jun 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
I solo a lot, and I picked my classes based on their ability to solo well. I also like hopping around player shops for deals.

But...I am paying for an online game and it can get monotonous once in a while. Getting kicked without good reason is frustrating, but no big deal really. There's always another group to join. That's the good thing about PSU. In other games (*cough*FFXI) where you might wait a few hours to find a party.

Worst case scenario I can go back to solo for a while or sit in Uni I Clyez City and laugh at the drama and general dumbassery going on over there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-13 15:29 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 05:35 PM
Cylez is always a good place to pass time

Stefanhizzle
Jun 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
Maybe make a system where if you have 5 ppl in a party and 3 vote to boot 2 vote dotn boot they get booted..

In the event of a tie the Party leader decides if they stay or go..

Sounds like a good idea to me!!

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 05:44 PM
-.- thats a voting system.

Stefanhizzle
Jun 13, 2007, 05:51 PM
^_^

OH REALLY!?!?!

Thank you i didnt realize that

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-06-13 12:16, A2K wrote:
With the limited number of players you can have in a party a voting system doesn't really work. Assuming the player being put up for ejection doesn't get a vote, what happens if the party only has 5 members including said troublemaker to begin with and a split decision is reached? Inevitably you'll have people who don't care, either, which means an abstain option.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 13, 2007, 05:55 PM
You know, I was thinking that we should make a thread and name people who would boot others so that people can make sure not to party w/ those people. We should say names for honor's sake [by which I mean trying to strip them of what little honor and pride they have left, if any]. Account numbers may not hurt so much either.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
TOS....

Eliash
Jun 13, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-06-13 15:55, Shiroryuu wrote:
You know, I was thinking that we should make a thread and name people who would boot others so that people can make sure not to party w/ those people. We should say names for honor's sake . Account numbers may not hurt so much either.

[b]On 2007-06-13 08:51, Kion wrote:
Can't say on this forum. Not to flame someone, but to talk about the idea.

Threads of that kind are subjected to a fast lock.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 06:12 PM
So for now instead of inciting flamming just be carefull of who you play with.

A2K
Jun 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-06-13 15:55, Shiroryuu wrote:
You know, I was thinking that we should make a thread and name people who would boot others so that people can make sure not to party w/ those people. We should say names for honor's sake [by which I mean trying to strip them of what little honor and pride they have left, if any]. Account numbers may not hurt so much either.

Threads of this nature are unwelcome here for a variety of reasons, one important one being that such accusations can't actually be substantiated. While I have no doubt most would be legitimate, there is no reliable way of proving it--one user may very well simply be seeking to ruin another player's good name for one reason or another.

As an extension of this, such accusations, true or not, would additionally end up causing a lot of undue drama.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 06:22 PM
Very well put, Itd be WAY to easy to lie to people and purposly accuse them so they would be shunned.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 13, 2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, thinking about it now, someone may just add some innocent person to that list of evil, people-booting people and just ruin his/her pride and honor.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 13, 2007, 07:27 PM
Yadda yadda whatever

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2007-06-13 18:17 ]</font>

Kion
Jun 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
It's not fun to get booted, but naming people in a topic always ends with the moderator saying some comment along the lines of "you're a fuck-off" before locking the topic, so Kite edit your post, please.

Also I think that a voting system would work well. If people are indifferent then that means the person being booted in question isn't a problem for the whole party, but one person inparticular. They can sort it out or leave on their own (dont forget BL). The current system puts alot of power in the leader, and they can be the problem when randomly removing people or claiming rares to themselves.
I was in a party the other day and the leader was being a jerk. We finally convinced him to pass lead and booted him as soon as he did. I'm not a fan of booting people, but the party went ALOT smoother after that. And I have to admit, that coup felt sweet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-06-13 17:43 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 08:05 PM
If you have a problem i would suggest reporting it to http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com support team, instead of saying it here were you'll get modded

KiteWolfwood
Jun 13, 2007, 08:21 PM
Happy now? Anyway there isn't a problem with the kick system the problem lies with the morons and ass hats using it.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 08:25 PM
Well it was actually better for you to edit it without you getting modded for it but, w/e me and Kion were trying to help you.

And yes the leader does have to much power.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
Should be like...

Suzaku boots lolgenbu
(This just initiates it)

Byakko boots lolgenbu
(seconded)

Seiryu boots lolgenbu, and lolgenbu is outta here!
(should take 3 people to boot.)

If the person really needs to be booted, then getting 3 people to boot the person shouldn't be a problem.

Now, if your party is just 3 or less, then use the current system. That kind of party is too small to usually do anything efficiently. I say usually because there are some pretty neat drops on some of the easier missions that you can solo, and would be easier in a small group.

Sasamichan
Jun 13, 2007, 11:16 PM
The booting system is fine the way it is.