PDA

View Full Version : What's a noob to do?

Phantomface
Jun 14, 2007, 12:02 AM
However satisfying it is for a lv 80 hauling 6 billion meseta to spam seabed labs or Urgent orders or Crimson Beast etc etc until brains begin to melt, what is there left on PSU for the noobs? think about it, for those guys who actually just bought the game and DONT have 3 lvl 80 alts, what is there? I have barely seen any noob-friendly parties on Cylez or elsewhere (hell I havent seen any parties at all other than spamming Firebreak missions -.-)

Should we make an effort to revive the lower-level aspect of PSU? think about the noobs here...

norrisj15
Jun 14, 2007, 12:07 AM
correct term would be newbies. don't wanna make'm feel bad now. well firebreak was designed as an event for lower lvl characters since it's easy PA frags and MP. the exp on B runs isn't that bad either compaired to some other missions you could be doing.

Realmz
Jun 14, 2007, 12:25 AM
out of the five or so days i've been back i've made 600k just from the FB missions. i love this event and wish it would never go away D:

FlameBlade
Jun 14, 2007, 04:21 AM
I personally go out, find those parties and help them. If it seems obvious that this is their only character, then I help them through missions.

Plus I like the random comments...
Is that an axe? What a laser cannon! OMG A GRENADE LAUNCHER!
WHAT!?! UR LIKE ON FIRE WHERE IS THAT FROM?... lol

amtalx
Jun 14, 2007, 06:54 AM
On 2007-06-14 02:21, FlameBlade wrote:

Plus I like the random comments...
Is that an axe? What a laser cannon! OMG A GRENADE LAUNCHER!
WHAT!?! UR LIKE ON FIRE WHERE IS THAT FROM?... lol

Priceless. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I like to go around helping lower level characters too. Sometimes its just nice to relax, help someone, and also know that you could stand in a sea of enemies indefinitely and never die because your evasion is too high. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 14, 2007, 07:20 AM
I help lower levels when i see them, i have a alt myself that im find hard to start

Skids
Jun 14, 2007, 07:27 AM
noobs most be sacrifice to the sega gods for luck.

Ok seriously for the newer players. I know alot of the verterean players can get sidetracted with firebreak or rare hunting. The best bet is just to ask them if they want to do low level runs. Since someof us do have a low level alt char or if we change our class type. That char fit more with low level runs at the moment then the high level ones.

Zexmaix
Jun 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
Hey all, just got myself into the PSU world myself. (X-Box 360 Version) And I'm having tons of fun even though I'm but a wee level 13. At first the "Fire Break" missions did nothing but confuse me, but now I understand them and have been able to complete them all.

I'm really looking to just grind away some exp though to level up, and I'm finding that to be a little tough. The Fire Break missions are great for $ and MPs, but exp doesn't come that fast it seems in these, and except for the Moatoob Mission, but no one likes to do the Moatoob one, lol. Which I think would be perfect for just raking away some exp.

Any suggestions or if anyone wants to lend me a hand, just lemme know. My X-Box Gamertag is Strykir and my PSU character is also Strykir.

Sylpheed
Jun 14, 2007, 09:16 AM
Once FB is done and dusted things will most probably go back to the way they were with Crimson Beast being Newbie central.

February
Jun 14, 2007, 09:23 AM
On 2007-06-14 06:18, Zexmaix wrote:
Hey all, just got myself into the PSU world myself. (X-Box 360 Version) And I'm having tons of fun even though I'm but a wee level 13. At first the "Fire Break" missions did nothing but confuse me, but now I understand them and have been able to complete them all.

I'm really looking to just grind away some exp though to level up, and I'm finding that to be a little tough. The Fire Break missions are great for $ and MPs, but exp doesn't come that fast it seems in these, and except for the Moatoob Mission, but no one likes to do the Moatoob one, lol. Which I think would be perfect for just raking away some exp.

Any suggestions or if anyone wants to lend me a hand, just lemme know. My X-Box Gamertag is Strykir and my PSU character is also Strykir.

I actually leveled one of my lowbie characters quite a bit at Urgent Orders C. I'd recommend giving that a shot for a while and see how it goes for you. Denes Relics is pretty decent for exp. I'd also take advantage of the mass MP you get from Fire Break while it's still available, just to get your advance class asap. Too bad you're not on the PC servers, I was going to offer more help untill I realized you were on 360... I'm sure there are 360 players that will be willing to help you though!

Korokodo13
Jun 14, 2007, 09:42 AM
On 2007-06-14 07:23, February wrote:

On 2007-06-14 06:18, Zexmaix wrote:

I actually leveled one of my lowbie characters quite a bit at Urgent Orders C. I'd recommend giving that a shot for a while and see how it goes for you. Denes Relics is pretty decent for exp. I'd also take advantage of the mass MP you get from Fire Break while it's still available, just to get your advance class asap. Too bad you're not on the PC servers, I was going to offer more help untill I realized you were on 360... I'm sure there are 360 players that will be willing to help you though!

ill help you zexmaix

Alpha-Hunter
Jun 14, 2007, 10:49 AM
fire break has been the best thing for newbies since initial release. find and nice mission where mid levels are spamming C and B missions and enjoy. got my 2 lv 1 alts to 20 and adv class in a few days. it's great!!!

KiteWolfwood
Jun 14, 2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah I tried making a new character. Got kinda bored of my cast. But it is really hard to find parties to level. It has gotten a little better with Urgent Orders. Something like 250 exp from the Tengo's an 30-50 from everything else. But Urgent Orders spam can get old after a while.

I have been in pretty much been in limbo, going back an forth between my level 11 newmen and my 52 Cast. I really want to get my Newmen up to the 40's before my friend resubscribes so we duo force everything up but I just can't seem to level it.

fumatanera
Jun 14, 2007, 11:58 AM
i find quite a few good low level parties. i try to stick with a party if its going good. i can't stand to see lvl 50-80 in C missions though...or B for that matter. i just stay away from those. i actually want to experience the mission and not just run next to someone trying to tag everything before they obliterate it...boring. a 3-5 person party of all smiliar levels is teh best! ^-^

KiteWolfwood
Jun 14, 2007, 12:09 PM
We really need that LFG system. Its to hard finding people to party with when everyone is spread out across the Universe.

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 14, 2007, 06:58 PM
been trying to start a new char myself and its been a problem, where are these firebreak missions, and can a low level do them?

Deus-Irae
Jun 14, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-06-14 16:58, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
been trying to start a new char myself and its been a problem, where are these firebreak missions, and can a low level do them?

living under a rock lately? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

yes, the FB are accesible to low level characters. you can find the missions anywhere (Parum, Moatoob, and Neudaiz). you cant miss them.

have fun.

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 14, 2007, 08:10 PM
On 2007-06-14 17:07, Deus-Irae wrote:

On 2007-06-14 16:58, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

living under a rock lately? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

yes, the FB are accesible to low level characters. you can find the missions anywhere (Parum, Moatoob, and Neudaiz). you cant miss them.

have fun.

no been living in rl >.> just came back to psu, anyways thanks, I got to play with PEOPLE omg.

Nai_Calus
Jun 15, 2007, 12:06 AM
A newbie should take advantage of Firebreak before it goes away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KiteWolfwood
Jun 15, 2007, 01:49 AM
Yup, getting every single type to 10 on all my alts FTW!