PDA

View Full Version : Economies of PSU

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 07:07 PM
I was thinking earlier that if you really think about it the economies aren't that bad, neither PC/PS2's nor 360s...

In fact 360's economy is prolly the least reflective of what the prices should be...however hard that may be to believe it pretty true...If the JP servers sell something at around 100mst the 360 servers should sell the same thing around 2000mst and PC/PS2 should sell it at about 6000mst. Why you ask? because of the population differences certain items are multiple times harder to come by...

The thing is 360s server if i hear correctly is holding pretty close to the JP servers which then makes the US servers look bloated...

I'm not saying the prices are right on the US servers, but that they aren't as bad as some people like to suggest when you consider supply and demand.

Rashiid
Jun 14, 2007, 07:09 PM
when you cant put an item up for 99,999,999m on ANY server cause someone will buy it; it say theres a slight problem there....

Almighty_Envy
Jun 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
pc/ps2 is poor now

well "normal" i should say.

Trying to sell stuff for a mil doesn't work ;.;

Rashiid
Jun 14, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-06-14 17:10, Almighty_Envy wrote:
pc/ps2 is poor now

Jackel has stated that recently they still can...

Deus-Irae
Jun 14, 2007, 07:33 PM

sure it does.

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
Well let's put it this way... an elemental photon on the server should cost around 6-7000... they are now selling for between 5 and 10000... so it's almost right.

and rares...well they are very expensive but let's consider that only 1/3 of PC/PS2's server can even get the better ones with any sort of success...and the rares drop like almost not at all so yeah there is a lack of rares so there really isn't any way to really sell them in the shops...

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 14, 2007, 08:40 PM
On 2007-06-14 17:13, Rashiid wrote:

pc/ps2 is poor now

what are you talking about?

I've said PC/PS2 servers are dieing down in money. You still have the few people hoarding money, but for the most part people are poor. Rare items still get sold for absurds amount of money, but that absurd amount is then used for something else rare. Basically, 99 mil meseta on PC/PS2 is a rare weapon/unit placeholder that gets transferred between people.

On average though, the population has a regular income and outflow.

THE JACKEL

Tra
Jun 14, 2007, 08:42 PM
crea doubles are 30mil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sekani
Jun 14, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-06-14 17:07, DurakkenX wrote:
In fact 360's economy is prolly the least reflective of what the prices should be...however hard that may be to believe it pretty true...If the JP servers sell something at around 100mst the 360 servers should sell the same thing around 2000mst and PC/PS2 should sell it at about 6000mst. Why you ask? because of the population differences certain items are multiple times harder to come by...

I guess we can add economics to the extensive list of things you know jack shit about.

Population differences on their own will not affect prices this drastically. On a smaller economy, there would be less supply and less demand. On a larger one, more supply and more demand. The ratio of supply to demand would be quite similar regardless if there were 200 people or 20,000 people playing. And thus, the pricing structures would show little (if any) difference.

It's obvious to anyone with an IQ higher than toothpaste that there are other factors that cause the price differences.

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 09:42 PM
Of course then again someone that is trying to be insulting should realize that supply and demand is influenced by production potential. If you have 200 people creating a single thing the supply raises and thus demand lowers. If you have only 20 people creating that same product the supply is more limited and thus the demand is able to be raised.

The simple fact is 360 and JP servers both have a far higher ability to produce said items and because of that have a lowered price.

More people doing the same thing acquire results much faster and because of the uneven distribution of items and the population difference. There are so many others points that just weigh in the benefit of 360 in getting rares easier than the US servers...and they all influence the supply.

btw: sekani for the record i tend to believe PhDs and people who have actual experience in the stuff I talk about. It's amazing how they all agree with me on just about everything i talk about and yet the teen and mostly uneducated populace of the net disagree. So I think I know what I'm talking about where as you don't ^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-06-14 19:45 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 14, 2007, 09:49 PM
Durakken, you either didn't read or didn't comprehend a word that I said. I'm not wasting any more time trying to explain myself further.

I'm done here unless someone else wants to add something constructive.

eightball
Jun 14, 2007, 09:51 PM
they might have more people to produce said items but still more demand for those items i believe you lose this battle more supply and demand like Sekani said

Shou
Jun 14, 2007, 09:57 PM
the economy of the PS2 and PC servers is still really bad. There is allot less meseta in everybody's pockets but for allot of the items are still priced too high for people without haxeta. Basically anyone without leftover haxeta is screwed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I only have about 75mil and a crea doubles left but am planning on spending it on grinding weapons to +10. people who are saving their money to buy the "one item they really want" are ruining the economy right now. This is because if the seller know that there is someone out there who would pay 80 or 99mil of an S rank item, they will set the price as so. This also causes the person who "i got this item i wonder what its selling for?" and sees the max meseta pricing, they go out and set there item for the same price. This only encourages more and more people too set high prices.

EX. Puyoment Aura - the item is WAY overpriced because a few people decided to price theirs at around 80-70mil the first few days it came out but the fact of the matter is that EVERYONE is spamming that mission and there are WAY more puyoment auras in the servers than people know "lots and lots of people have it" i can understand why people set the BlackHeart at such a high price because it is harda a hella to find.

The economy of the PC and PS2 servers are really messed up. I think that It is easier to obtain items through sale that during the hacking times but the economy is definently more confusing @_@

Rashiid
Jun 14, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-06-14 18:40, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-06-14 17:13, Rashiid wrote:

pc/ps2 is poor now

what are you talking about?

in a forum not too long ago; you stated to sumthin (forgot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif) "Ha; something like that wouldnt last 2 seconds on our server even at 99,999,999 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif"

Almighty_Envy
Jun 14, 2007, 10:03 PM
I call lies, i haven't been able to sell anything in my shop for the past month.

I got Photons of every type for like 7k each, still haven't sold.

I got ALOT of 10* mats and those also haven't sold.

No body wants to buy my stuff ;.;

VanHalen
Jun 14, 2007, 10:04 PM
I would like to take a moment to quote a guy from the official forums. If your offended by the word "retard" oh well.

Look, the economy is still retarded. I looked into shops and people are still selling things for retarded amounts. One retard was pricing Ban Photons at 200k. The only reason it stayed that price, another retard bought one. I bet that retard just bought one, and the other retard said," aW3s0m3! I caNS mAk3 L0t5 0f M0n3Y L1k3 th1s!" WTF? sori-senba sells NPC for 360000, who sells it for 1 million? A retard. Who buys it? A person of the same retardation. Who sells a scape doll for 20k? WHO? The retard that bought the Dimate for 1200. They might as well make a little version of Ebay for the AotI expansion so we can have that much more stupidity floating around. and when someone sells Mareline for 9000....shoot them. For the love of all that is holy, shop at discount shops or NPC and stop giving money to retards who buy from other retards and perpetuate the cycle of retard consumers.

By the way, I just wanted to see how many times I could say retarded without laughing, It was 6.

Though I have seen a price drop though. Ain't dramatic but it saved me some cash.

The solution? Get rid of the stupid people.

It's funny I never post on the offical fourms cause I don't like the color.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-06-14 20:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-06-14 20:06 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jun 14, 2007, 10:05 PM
Guess what, you guys? I was looking around for photons, and I found everything I needed for 60 meseta to 100 meseta!

HOLY CRAP OUR ECONOMY IS AMAZING!

Sakuya
Jun 14, 2007, 10:08 PM
The level 80's are currently able to earn 1 million meseta with ease daily. Haxeta no longer has a need.

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 10:09 PM
no... like i said there are other factors that contribute to the supply problem such as raw materials, population distribution, and various other things...

take into account population distribution... I'd say about 60-70% of US servers can use the Two-headed Ragnus while only maybe 10-20% can search for it and it's materials. From what I have heard of 360 server about 70-80% of the players can use it, but 40-60% can actually search for it and materials. This makes a huge difference.

There is also the fact that many of the PC/PS2 server people that are knowledgeable and/or high level enough to search for these items either don't play on those servers much since they play on the JP servers, have left for the 360 version, aren't high enough of a level to hunt for those items, or are simply unconcerned about getting anything other than the level cap.

There are also several other things that effect this as well but population is not the only thing that represents supply/demand ratios...

Sakuya
Jun 14, 2007, 10:14 PM
Here is a perfect example. I have two level 80 characters. I do not hunt Items with them, I am currently concerned with getting as many level 80 characters as possible before the level 90 caps and release of new missions, so that I have multiple luck options as well as different Job/Race Classes to choose from.