PDA

View Full Version : Character selection

jaksdkjh
Jun 15, 2007, 12:22 AM
I've always wondered why other went with the character race/appearance/gender. The poll deals with gender, but in the other aspects how did you come to the character you have now. Was it based on anything or was randomly generated?

For me I based my character after myself, well hair/eye color.

So what about you?

Kimil
Jun 15, 2007, 12:26 AM
I started off with a Male character but I started hating Newmans, so I started using my alt ( I didn't intend Chiyoko to become my main, but she did >_>)

I only play a fem character because I started using an ult that was a girl, that wasn't supposed to live lol

Weeaboolits
Jun 15, 2007, 12:28 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/riahanzo5-1.jpg

Had to make a PSU version of my HUney. ;]

Eliash
Jun 15, 2007, 12:34 AM
Most of my characters are male for a few reasons.
1) I'm a guy, and it's easier to just have a male character rather than play a female character and have to tell everyone that you aren't actually a girl.
2) Young kids that cannot control themselves will annoy me even more-so as a female character.
3) I don't like the way people act towards female characters (extra nice etc.) I'd rather a rude person so I can boot and blacklist than a person faking who they are in hopes that I actually am a female.

I do have 1 female character, a Female Cast named "Hel" after a goddess of the underworld in mythology. Other than that reference to mythology, there's no real reason for me to put myself in situations that I know will annoy me in the long run.

jaksdkjh
Jun 15, 2007, 04:04 AM
Bump of selfishness

drizzle
Jun 15, 2007, 04:17 AM
I like girls

R2D6battlebot
Jun 15, 2007, 04:41 AM
i have a revelation about this topic....... who cares? as long as there are people to play with why does it matter what gender they are/choose to play as? But in relation to the topic, I dont know about you guys, but id MUCH rather stare at a hot little Newearl all day rather than a male beast in swimwear tying to look 'studly' >->;;

R2D6battlebot
Jun 15, 2007, 04:41 AM
i have a revelation about this topic....... who cares? as long as there are people to play with why does it matter what gender they are/choose to play as? But in relation to the topic, I dont know about you guys, but id MUCH rather stare at a hot little Newearl all day rather than a male beast in swimwear tying to look 'studly' >->;;

Sekani
Jun 15, 2007, 08:36 AM
Where's the "both" option?

amtalx
Jun 15, 2007, 08:42 AM
I like to be able to relate somewhat to the thing I'm going to be spending 1000's of hours with. Since its hard for me to identify with breasts and not having outdoor plumbing, I decided to go with a male character.

Merumeru
Jun 15, 2007, 08:53 AM
XD well, i dont see my character as a sexual object so thats probably why i dont mind staring at Meru's butt all day, nor do I really care if I get bothered or hit on, it seems anyone i encounter in-game figures theres a huge chance id be a guy anyway XD

panzer_unit
Jun 15, 2007, 09:08 AM
You can barely see your character as anything 'ruru... she's SO SHORT. She must have had way too many smokes as a kid.

I made a male char first and then a female for my alt, 'cause otherwise I'd just have 2 guys that look the same. I like a handful of cast options but not enough of 'em to have 2 guys that look different much.

Merumeru
Jun 15, 2007, 09:38 AM
On 2007-06-15 07:08, panzer_unit wrote:
You can barely see your character as anything 'ruru... she's SO SHORT. She must have had way too many smokes as a kid.
hey, i can be pretty damn sexy if i wanna be X3 on that note, probably was the smokes..and coffee...a normal diet of a businesswoman in her mid 30's...

XD well, i did make a guy character but i dont know, i rather 'interact' with a hot dark-skinned bishy than control one myself >3

Ravennittes
Jun 15, 2007, 09:45 AM
My main is a female newman, my first alt is a male beast, and my second alt is a female cast (chose a fem over a male for stat reasons...). Therefore I cannot vote on the above poll as I fit 2 categories http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. They would be male with fem char and male with male char. I created my main due to stat reasons and 'cause I promised someone I'd make that character.

DreamLocke
Jun 15, 2007, 10:12 AM
Since there's no option for both...

I have 3 characters, one female (newman FT to round out my WT and GT)

She is my third character that I intended to use as a mule and synth-er...until I got her to advanced class and saw the redunkulous numbers she puts up. So she'll be in the rotation.

Male/female doesn't matter to me (my cha. in Oblivion is female) but in an online game can get silly. In the lobby people try to party with you a lot even if you're just hanging out. And you get nice privileges, though, as you're less likely to get kicked from a party. I admit when I'm playing her I just use keyboard because they can't tell.

But...yeah you get some assheads out there so it can be a hassle playing a femme. The worst though is "Why are you playing a girl when you're a dude? Are you g@y?!!! LAWLZ!!!!" Come on.

If Solace of Night were my main (and with the sick damage she can dish out she almost made the cut, but I like shooting things with Guns) I still wouldn't let that stop me from playing her though.

Oh, and I made Solace um...not so voluptous which actually makes a bit of a difference if you can believe it. She's almost max height, broad shouldered and not so much on top. So the assheads will ignore me if a short, cute busty female comes around. This actually works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-15 08:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-06-15 08:21 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jun 15, 2007, 10:41 AM
Human Male is main

Female Newman is alt.

you would be surprised how many times people tried to pick me up xD

I feel sorry for all of the females who play psu, it must be rough.

panzer_unit
Jun 15, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-06-15 07:38, Merumeru wrote:
XD well, i did make a guy character but i dont know, i rather 'interact' with a hot dark-skinned bishy than control one myself >3

No love for big robots?

When I made my female char, it was like "damn thats hot" ... I stopped caring about around level 2. Every now and then someone makes a comment and it's kinda funny. Also the friends I make while playing Jain are _way_ nicer, sometimes to the point of clinginess, even after they've met Jagd.

Zorafim
Jun 15, 2007, 04:57 PM
I find it easier to play as female characters than as male. I love watching something beautiful destroy something ugly.

Kylie
Jun 15, 2007, 05:01 PM
Female because I am female.

Beast because I like combat.

Tall ears because they look the best.

Height because I wanted to be tall but not too tall.

Default proportions for beasts because it is the perfect balance between arms, chest, legs, stomach, and booty.

& my other looks change with my moods =]

Stefanhizzle
Jun 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
Well my first Character was a Newman becuz i didnt relly know about the sub-classes and all that other stuff, so i thought that only a force would be able to use magic..

About lvl 35 i got bored and created a Beast, i was gonna go for Fortefighter, but at lvl 9 hunter i realized that it would be tought to fight and keep m health up, so i switched to a WarTecher.. People always tell me im stupid for even choosing Wartecher, let alone a Beast!!

But believe it or not i do a pretty good amount of damage with and without Magic

I did make my first character after my appearance, but then i made a Character after my fav person off Bleach: Toshiro Hitsugaya.

Hair/height/ Attacks(Ice) all copied after him, except for my clothes but im switching when firebreak is done

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stefanhizzle on 2007-06-15 15:35 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Jun 15, 2007, 06:04 PM
main is male since i am a guy... then i have a female so i can see through a different perspective...

Stefanhizzle
Jun 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
I feel bad for the ladies on the game.. some guys just hound them for no reason...

Then there are other who take advantage of this!!
And get crap for free..

Stupid if u ask me

Allison_W
Jun 15, 2007, 08:49 PM
This topic gets kind of funny for me. I picked female playing female, given that I'm a girl and only play girls. (Makes me wonder where the "shemale playing shemale" option is, but oh well, not like I've got that alt off the ground yet. Not until I can finally PICK A RACE ALKHWPGVUONHSDPVIOH SHJASE:HJDL:BVKNGF.)

PROTIP: When guys hit on you while you're playing a girl character, tell'em to sit in your lap and see what pops up.

Anyway. My main character is Terra Knight. I decided to make her what she is because I wanted a big, brawny amazon character, and because I wanted to try the CAST fF route. (I must say I like it.) So she's max height, almost max muscle, and looks damn fine in a knight-in-shining-armour getup. (As well as a sexy shirtless barbarian god of war getup, but so it goes.)