PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's just me...

Freshellent
Jun 15, 2007, 04:58 AM
So there I am,running Urgent Orders B. I'm in a party as my lvl 37 Newman WT with FT,GT,FF and another FT.

We're progressing really slow,it was just me and a close friend when we started and we're not really the best damage dealers so of course the progress is slow,we're mostly running for EXP and if Jaggos should come,then whoop dee do.

Anyhow,we make small talk it's all fine and dandy and then one party member starts to complain that this is going to slowly,and that we won't make rank. I quickly apologize then inform him that again,we not looking to rank,just to lvl,since by then there were no Jaggos.

So there is this pissed off Jarba,and the said party member is still complaining that it's going to slow. I quickly point out that he is in fact using a Fire Axe,on a goddamn Jarba.

"Well,for one. Your using a fire axe. That's part of the reason why it's going so slow."

And do you know what he responded with folks?

"This is the Axe I always use."

Needless to say he left after that. I wish him good luck. I'm sure he'll be wearing his Rabol Rappy to Dulk Falkis with his Dark Axe.

Now,I can't say this is the first time I've seen this. When I go to CB I see so many people wearing Ice armor. Do you know what they tell me when I casually ask?

"It's for the Jarbas,I hate that Dambarta shit."

So... What about Ragan?

"Oh,well I never get breathed so,it's cool."

*at the boss*

"@#!$! This has never happened before! He one shotted me?"

Yeah,I guess he did.

This really makes me wonder what people will do at Ragnus S2.

DurakkenX
Jun 15, 2007, 08:09 AM
personally i just use the best defense one...the element really doesn't matter to me.

McLaughlin
Jun 15, 2007, 09:13 AM
Maybe it's just your PC?

*Points to duplicate topics*

L33t_M4st3r
Jun 16, 2007, 01:18 PM
I always get the tenora armor, it has about even defence and evade. I never worry about element.

Kent
Jun 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
Armor percentages should be changed so they just increase/decrease your DFP/EVP/MST against attacks of that specific element, instead of reduce damage by a hard percent. >_>

Elements would have less of an effect that way, and a high-level armor could be more effective than a low-level armor with a really good percentage.

I'd say the same about weapons; just have the percentage work solely for the ATP of the weapon itself... But then we'd see a lot of pissed-off people. It'd also be a throwback to how they changed percentages in PSO (it was that the percentage affected your total ATP at first, but then it was changed so that the percentages could go higher, but they only affected the ATP of the weapon itself). It wasn't a bad system.

I think neutral-element weapons need to be given some sort of advantage, so green weapons are actually efficient in some way. Maybe neutral weapons do more damage against neutral enemies, or make MST factor in against all elemental damage?

/ramble

McLaughlin
Jun 16, 2007, 02:41 PM
I think Neutral weapons ought to get an ATP bonus. MST wouldn't work well for Casts/Beasts. I think percentages (if changed) ought to affect your Base DFP, and not the stats on the equipment.

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2007, 03:09 PM
Green weaps are good for never doing reduced damage against any element. ;]

Kent
Jun 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-06-16 12:41, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I think Neutral weapons ought to get an ATP bonus. MST wouldn't work well for Casts/Beasts. I think percentages (if changed) ought to affect your Base DFP, and not the stats on the equipment.

By MST, I meant that of the thing that's being hit by the weapon.

But why would they affect your base DFP? The percentage is part of the equipment, not the person. :/

Anywho, about neutral weapons... I remember reading that an elemental weapon has the equivalent of a 5% bonus when attacking enemies that its element is irrelevant to. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure, but I kinda think that neutral weapons should have a small bonus to everything (say, 10% against elemental enemies), and then a bigger, set bonus to neutral-element enemies (say, 20-25% against neutral enemies). Same goes for neutral-element line shields.

Hell, let's make neutral-element techniques while we're at it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Magic Missile, ftw.