PDA

View Full Version : who would quit who would start over

eightball
Jun 15, 2007, 12:56 PM
If something happened during maintenance or some programing error that deleted all character files...would you start over or quit ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eightball on 2007-06-15 11:00 ]</font>

Deja
Jun 15, 2007, 01:00 PM
I'd try to get Sega to restore my characters (fat chance), and if not, I think I'd restart. I like this game a lot, nay love this game. I'd have a one night stand with this game. I'd hit this game like the fist of an angry god.

Lamak
Jun 15, 2007, 01:02 PM
Start over on JP servers. Is that an option?

Siertes
Jun 15, 2007, 01:03 PM
Well I would probably quit this version of PSU, and depending on PC/PS2 population after the release of AoI, I might come back. I really hate going back to being weak(er), that's why I'm not the type to make alts.

pikachief
Jun 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
I'll come back TWO TIMES STRONGER! I SHALL COME BACK REBORN!

MUHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Then i'll go solo dulk fakis some more <3

TrieNoir
Jun 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
I would start over.

However, it'd be nice if Sega conpensated for the trouble and time lost by the players. =/

RegulusHikari
Jun 15, 2007, 01:08 PM
This is a toughie. I'd have absolutely no problem starting over, I love leveling my alt, Bulzeeb. But knowing that I've lost all my good equipment and time spent is quite the kick in the balls.

I... honestly don't think I'd keep playing. The problem wouldn't be my interest in the game, but rather my trust and tolerance with Sega. I've had enough with their incompetence as it is. I guess I'll vote no.

jayster
Jun 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
I would never play again.

eightball
Jun 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
i agree with regulus it's not that i wouldn't enjoy playing..but to trust everything again...and to know that they could screw up like that would be the end for me i think

jayster
Jun 15, 2007, 01:15 PM
On 2007-06-15 11:12, eightball wrote:
i agree with regulus it's not that i wouldn't enjoy playing..but to trust everything again...and to know that they could screw up like that would be the end for me i think

Exactly, the fact that I could put so much time into a game and then just have it all erased, forget that, I'm not going to put that much time into the same game again to possibly have another level 1 character to show a year or 2 later from my effort.

It would just turn the real game into a giant demo version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-06-15 11:15 ]</font>

Kylie
Jun 15, 2007, 01:26 PM
Either quit or start over, lol. Depends on my friends.

VanHalen
Jun 15, 2007, 01:29 PM
Well, I lost everything on a PSO character once, and another time lost the whole character. Started them both over with no problems. I was a little sad at first but like Pikacheif said come back 2x stronger.

Chaobo99
Jun 15, 2007, 01:29 PM
well, you only said character files so...doing those big exp. runs won't make it to hard to hit lv.80 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ami~
Jun 15, 2007, 01:35 PM
It's a bit hard to answer to for me, since grinding isn't a huge factor for me. It's mostly having fun doing missions and socializing. If my character data was lost i'd be pretty upset since I do have a lot of things with sentimental value that were given to me by some of my closest friends, since to me, it's my friends that make this already awesome game more worthwhile, so I guess it'd really depend on the circumstances for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ami_ on 2007-06-15 11:36 ]</font>

amtalx
Jun 15, 2007, 01:36 PM
I would probably start over. I wouldn't be nearly as excited about the game though. My interest in time would probably dwindle and I would end up abandoning it.

Rashiid
Jun 15, 2007, 01:46 PM
being a fortetecher; idk. either just be a fighter or quit. no way in hell would get all them techs up again.

-Ryuki-
Jun 15, 2007, 02:38 PM
I've already started over... four times to be exact. If I was given the chance due to
circumstances, I wouldn't mind starting over.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 15, 2007, 02:55 PM
I would restart. Since everyone would have had to restart at least you wouldn't have to worry about finding low level parties.

Edit: But if sega did wipe the server then had better give us a few free months or maybe some exp mp event or something to make up for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KiteWolfwood on 2007-06-15 12:56 ]</font>

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 15, 2007, 02:56 PM
I would restart, but i would be hoping to at least get one of my characters restored.

chibiLegolas
Jun 15, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-06-15 11:29, VanHalen wrote:
Well, I lost everything on a PSO character once, and another time lost the whole character. Started them both over with no problems. I was a little sad at first but like Pikacheif said come back 2x stronger.

Same here. I'm kinda used to the possibility of loosing a character and/or ALL/partial equipment loss cause of PSO days. Thank you Sega Gods for server side saves! So yea, PSO had hardened me with those experiences. So I'll cry. But I'll also get over it and come back once again!

Besides, if your example is true, everyone's on equal footing since everyone will be starting over as well. Hell, it's the ULTIMATE reset button to wipe all hacks. So there's an upside to it as well. (for PS2/PC players).

And does it really matter? It's the mix of gameplay and community that makes this fun. We'll all ban together to cry on each other's shoulders. But we'll also pull ourselves together to egg each other to keep on going. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KiteWolfwood
Jun 15, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-06-15 11:29, VanHalen wrote:

Yeah I played good ol PSO too. I have lost count of how many corruptions I went through and had to start over. First 2 or so times was just "wanna bust somebodies face". But after that it was mostly, "LOL I corrupted gimme stuff an lets go to Mines and see how long it takes to powerlevel me". Dang now I kinda miss those PSO days again.

Stefanhizzle
Jun 15, 2007, 05:48 PM
WEEEEEELLLLL....

I would restart. i dont think i can quit cold turkey right now.. seriously im kinda addicted

Almighty_Envy
Jun 15, 2007, 06:03 PM
I would only restart if drop rates were increased 500% for 3 months.

And if they'd increase exp by 5x.

OR i'd jump to Japanese servers.

pionear
Jun 15, 2007, 06:05 PM
Other...

Like the other poster said, if it was to happen, Sega would have to let us play for FREE until the release of AoI. Then I would start over.

But to start over and pay and:

- Level arts, bullets, techs, character, class?
- Hunt for uber rares/weapons?
- No Halp Serafi Board and Crea Doubles?

To do all that again and to Pay them 10 bucks a month?

I think not, my friends. I'll spend that at the strip club for the summer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pionear on 2007-06-15 16:07 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Jun 15, 2007, 06:07 PM
yeah i would start over... bc its addicting.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 15, 2007, 06:37 PM
If the reformatted servers where 100% hack free, sure i'd restart. If it was less than 100%, then i'd never pick the controller up for PSU. I'd just toss it in the trash and uninstall it.

Merumeru
Jun 15, 2007, 06:42 PM
if it was a server wipe, i wouldnt mind starting all over with everyone XD by myself would be kinda depressing >P but im pretty sure id still play and do what i could to catch up to everyone XD

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 15, 2007, 06:55 PM
cancel my subscription, and never play PSU again. But that doesn't mean I'd never play a Sega game again.

THE JACKEL

MSAksion
Jun 15, 2007, 07:31 PM
If Sega lost my Game Save I would have to...

...try to remember how to design my characters and start over >_> What height, voice type, eye shape etc etc.

A2K
Jun 15, 2007, 08:20 PM
I'd quit, of course, but I doubt it would ever actually happen, unless it so happens that all their backups miraculously exploded at the same time.

Anduril
Jun 15, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'd start over. I've done the same thing so many times before with all the RPGs I've ever played. It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Powder Keg
Jun 15, 2007, 09:45 PM
I'd probably start over, but I'd want some compensation, like some h@xeta.

D1ABOLIK
Jun 15, 2007, 10:00 PM
I would probably just buy a WII and put my PSO 1 & 2 Gamecube disc in it and pick up where i left off on that.

________
Volcano Digital (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Nobby
Jun 19, 2007, 09:16 AM
Having had a few characters BSOD killed in the original dreamcast PSO I know that I would start over, although my head says I shouldn't bother and move on.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 19, 2007, 10:44 AM
come to think of it i probably would restart....

I would finally be able to break away from all those people on my card list, never to hear from Envy again....hmmmm

RadiantLegend
Jun 19, 2007, 10:52 AM
I'll start over, because the "Legend" never dies.

Sha Sha
Jun 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
I would restart. Like i did in PSO...multiple times.....
as someone said earlier its the journey not the destination.
Thats why I still replay old RPG games like Suikoden and "Tales of"

Gryph05
Jun 19, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'd be kinda happy, and gladly restart. 1. (as a PC user) Fixed economy! I would finally be able to use the player shops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif 2. Havn't found my Har yet. Ask after I find it and I'd prolly quit XD 3. I'd prolly get bored of sitting at home, without the odd entertainment I get from watching those damned tengohs burn.

KidoKresh
Jun 19, 2007, 02:49 PM
I would definently start over that way i can lvl at the same speed as everyone else but if it happened a second or third time I might think about quiting

Sakuya
Jun 19, 2007, 03:11 PM
Why would you say such evil things?!

Tykwa
Jun 19, 2007, 03:13 PM
You still have everything in your Common Box, Duh...

I would start over.