PDA

View Full Version : Party Poll: who do you run with

SolomonGrundy
Jun 15, 2007, 02:05 PM
Fire break seems to have brought out the best, and worst in people. Rare map booting, while always there, has reached new highs as players struggle to get at least one of the items thay are hunting for by the end of firebreak.

that being said, the only way to find an item is to hunt in parties of 4 or more. What's a Guardian to do? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Jun 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
they neber boot t3h force =]

but i like to run w/ random ppl; not to be mean; but my friends dont know what there doin when it comes to this.

+ since i dont like to talk w/ my mic; i type. friends = convo. which means im typin allot and not playin lol.

so;; i choose random ppl.

chibiLegolas
Jun 15, 2007, 02:31 PM
I usually run with anyone, anytime. I prefer open rooms with strangers since my play times are eratic. And I'm pretty much pick-up and play type. I'll run into ppl and make friends. If you call, and I'm free, I'll come along. But I usually don't go calling them since I can't commit to anything for certain when making serious runs. Don't wanna make promises I can't keep, right? And I HATE waiting for ppl. And ppl waiting for me.
No offense, but I only have a few hours a day to play and can't waste it waiting for friends to finish, and for them to bring in their friends, and so on.

And for those who boot ppl from rare spawns...
PS2/PC players better NOT be pulling crap like this! (I've yet to see that happen myself, thank god).
We're already a small community. So don't make enemies with your neighbors, ya know? We're ALL end up bumping into each other eventually throughout the rest of the game.
So don't even THINK of doing it! Right?

Rashiid
Jun 15, 2007, 02:59 PM
360`rs b00t for rarz spawnzzz like all the time. everytime i walk up to the counter its

"DONT PLAY WITH 'XXXXXX' HE/SHE B00TZ FOR JAOS!!"

KiteWolfwood
Jun 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
I play with whoever. If my friends wanna do something then woot, if not then howdy strangers.

DreamLocke
Jun 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
I haven't been around long enough to have an established list of friends yet. I did run into some nice players when the Heat Wave Island spamming was going on, but haven't hooked back up with them.

I just join randoms for now. Only been kicked just twice, once after not giving the party leader 5k to stay in the room (!). Normally they let me stay because I'm the only one buffing/debuffing when the FT's usually don't.

I had a good set of guys to run with back on Dreamcast PSO and we ran pretty much every night for a while before the sad death of the DC. So if I could find something like that again that would be great. It got to the point where it wasn't to play PSO but to meet up with good friends. (*sheds tears*)

Hopefully I'll find a good group like that again, so for now I'm rolling the dice with random teams. Or soloing with my completely psychotic 410, *Twinkletank*. (yet so cute...)

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 15, 2007, 03:05 PM
I just really play with anyone, Random friends, Random uni people, Just depends who is all and what people are doing.

Neith
Jun 15, 2007, 03:07 PM
Friends, rarely with random people. I hate playing in Uni 1/2, it's usually just a huge spamfest.

Jaden_Korr
Jun 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
I'll usually play in PUG's unless a friend mails me to do some runs

Garnet_Moon
Jun 15, 2007, 05:28 PM
My partner card list is filled with liars, cowards, two-timing double crossers, and scum. I try to avoid them and instead just join random PuG's for the time being. Keeps my mind off how easy it is to sucker me into things and then screw me over...

KiteWolfwood
Jun 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-06-15 15:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:
My partner card list is filled with liars, cowards, two-timing double crossers, and scum. I try to avoid them and instead just join random PuG's for the time being. Keeps my mind off how easy it is to sucker me into things and then screw me over...

Well thats a depressing story.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-06-15 15:29, KiteWolfwood wrote:

Well thats a depressing story.

Indeed it is. Self-mutilation worthy.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 15, 2007, 05:32 PM

;.; I feel your pain. I have no friends on psu, everyone used me to hunt or fill places in party's.

I know what its like to always think about how they f'd me over...

MSAksion
Jun 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
Friends only with a few vouched for.

Currently I run only with people that i have known for months. We've become very good friends, and we know each other's real names, where we live, what we're doing in life, and how their personal lives are going.

We usually find at least a half dozen of us online any day of the week. If we don't see one or two of us then its okay we know we'll see them in a few. That is when our 2ndary friends join in for some fun&profit.

EMPYREAN
Jun 19, 2007, 04:01 AM
I only join random/open partys cuz 98% of my card list r americans and im north european.

EL-0104
Jun 19, 2007, 06:39 AM
I'm mostly a solo adventurer, but I sometimes get asked to join in. I help when I can, otherwise, back to the depts of Kugu Desert or Hive for me.

Wheatpenny
Jun 19, 2007, 10:02 AM
I party with friends and vouched for, and also random people.

DEM_CIG
Jun 19, 2007, 05:09 PM
usually play with my buds and some random ppl around my lvl.or ill just join a party if someone randomly invites me.

DEM_CIG
Jun 19, 2007, 05:09 PM
usually play with my buds and some random ppl around my lvl.or ill just join a party if someone randomly invites me.

Kaloa
Jun 19, 2007, 05:17 PM
I suck, so I play by myself. There have been a few times that other's have asked me to join, and sometimes I play with my boyfriend, but usually I keep to myself and do my own thing. I feel rather insecure in random teams. I always worry that I won't be doing what others want me to properly.

Kylie
Jun 19, 2007, 05:34 PM
Some friends, plus a random or two

That's the best way to do it. You surround yourself with people you're comfortable but also don't mind allowing a stranger or two contribute to your group.

Powder Keg
Jun 19, 2007, 05:45 PM
Usually with strangers. None of my PS buddies really play anymore and the ones I do bump into suddenly don't show up online anymore after a week or so. ;_;

ulyoth
Jun 19, 2007, 06:12 PM
If i want to get something done: look for a weapon, or spam meseta giving missions ill run with random people in uni 1-2
Majority of the time though is spent with friends i made on PSOGC.

xennec
Jun 19, 2007, 11:34 PM
When FB started I did play by myself, so I would just join random parties and hope to find nice people. One fateful day I found myself at Raffon field base because I wanted to record every mission. This was when everyone was spamming Neudaiz so not many people were at Parum. It was there that I joined a party and met my soon to be group. The leader impressed me very much because he had come up with a plan on how to get S rank on Garden of Fire A. And it worked! From then on I have mainly partied with this group of people. The group already had a couple people but it has grown some, and most of us in this group party with each other because we know what items each other want and we help each other to get them. Its not an "every man for himself" group, and I really like that.

SarinSerafi
Jun 20, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-06-19 15:17, Kaloa wrote:
I suck, so I play by myself. There have been a few times that other's have asked me to join, and sometimes I play with my boyfriend, but usually I keep to myself and do my own thing. I feel rather insecure in random teams. I always worry that I won't be doing what others want me to properly.

I'm sure you don't suck at all, Marshmallow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Do whatever you want in party! The basics with support, then damage away! Besides that, everything you said pretty much echoes how I feel too. Are you on PS2/PC? If so, let's play :3! I love duoing with Fortetechers~ My BF is one as well. Heck, the four of us can run some missions, pwn.

While my partner card list is 3 pages full, I rarely party with any of them. Once in a while, they mail if they need one more person or mass mail to see if anyone wants to join, but otherwise I never see them at all. I'd like to have a small, set group to run with and hunt rares, shoot the shit and have a blast, but it's tough. Everyone has their groups and friends, and have no room for another. I'm also not interested in joining guilds because while I like the team atmosphere, I like being free. Oh well. :/

I mostly solo for rares, or play with my boyfriend as well. Once in a while, I join a few randoms if I don't feel like soloing, but it's not often.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 20, 2007, 12:24 AM
I mostly play with my small group of very close friends whom I met on PSOBB, though I often party with other people I know from BB. Unfortunately, soloing is a chore, work makes me only able to get on at odd times, and most of my close friends are in different timezones, so I find myself in random parties all too often.

God, how I hate most random parties. While I sound like an elitist, I'm really not (well, based on equipment at least, I know most of mine blows), so I'm willing to give anyone a chance. Every now and then I meet someone who is good at the game, friendly and talkative, and mature enough to take (and give) advice in a mature fashion (one such person being the above poster). These are the people to whom I send my card, and I try to contact them for parties when I need one, since most people in random parties just make me hate PSU.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
I rarely do runs these days. When I do, it's with one other person. But for FB that usually means a trip to uni 2. >_<

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 11:35 AM
I roll with whoever.
As long as it's an excellent party. Which lately I have been finding alot of!

But most of the time I roll these Pranksters...
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/ShinAnt1234/r0hareharepb3.jpg
HA!

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 20, 2007, 11:36 AM
SOSdan! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Can you get that glasses chick (I forget her name) to get us some rares? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-06-20 09:38 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
On 2007-06-20 09:35, ShinAnt wrote:
I roll with whoever.

HA!

You roll with THOSE people? I guess I don't have to ask you whether you've been coerced or blackmailed, by the girl in the middle, in joining them. If you're rolling with them, the answer would be a resounding, Yes. I already sympathize with your ordeal. Try not to let her antics get to you, though sometimes she can be extreme.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 09:43 ]</font>

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-06-20 09:38, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-06-20 09:35, ShinAnt wrote:
I roll with whoever.

HA!

You roll with THOSE people? I guess I don't have to ask you whether you've been coerced or blackmailed, by the girl in the middle, in joining them. If you're rolling with them, the answer would be a resounding, Yes. I already sympathize with your ordeal. Try not to let her antics get to you, though sometimes she can be extreme.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 09:43 ]</font>

Yes she can be. But she always finds rare drops. But then snacthes ans states it the for the good of "SOS BRIGADE" ...I just go along with it...

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 12:01 PM
On 2007-06-20 09:52, ShinAnt wrote:

Yes she can be. But she always finds rare drops. But then snacthes ans states it the for the good of "SOS BRIGADE" ...I just go along with it...

From what I hear, she doesn't FIND the rare drops. People tell me, someone else finds the rare drops, and she does something to force 'em to give it up.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 20, 2007, 12:17 PM
Knowing her, she'll get bored with it in a matter of days. Let's get her to give away all the rares she's taken for the good of the SOS Brigade!

TheLOLBandit
Jun 20, 2007, 12:22 PM
mostly with trusted friends if some joins our party we dont care they can play too

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 12:29 PM
Well It's not I can protest...
She'll blackmail for a sex tape or something that I wasnt even in.. <.<

Mystil
Jun 20, 2007, 03:44 PM
During my last days, I "ran" with a friend named Lizonia

villenium
Jun 20, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'm a UK (360) player so if I play early the population is low and when I play late I can't talk so much and have to type....makes it feel like PSO, I guess.

I only have one 'real life' friend into this game so I do a lot of soloing or rely on people joining my party or getting random invites. You have to take the rough with the smooth and appreciate a good party when you find it!

I find I don't get booted too much because when I roll with randoms (I'm a Techer) I do a lot of support and most people appreciate this.

Garin
Jun 20, 2007, 06:53 PM
Most of my friends are gone and the people on my cards who still play don't recognize me since I have a weird schedule. I mostly play with random people but do try to find those I played with before to hang out with. It's a bit of a hectic job when I play as a wartecher as I try to make the most of all of my PP and such: I like to debuff up close since i have evp and HP, I run around and buff/resta/reverser too and then do some meleeing as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Synyster
Jun 21, 2007, 05:06 AM
I generally just join games, but every now n again I'l get an invite from someone I swapped cards with a while back... thats always nice. Don't have any friends I always play with - swapped cards with plenty of decent ppl over the months tho.

Merumeru
Jun 21, 2007, 05:36 AM
XD if i get invited to something, sure, i dont like bothering/inviting people for runs, so i usually end up just hoping aboard with whoever XP cant be too picky, its not the 5* Uni it once was XP

-Ryuki-
Jun 21, 2007, 06:51 AM
Meru normally rolls with me and Atma. Other than that, I'm normally with <insert name>,
<insert name>, <insert name>.. oh, and Zoamel. My bff since November.

DurakkenX
Jun 21, 2007, 10:56 PM
i play with whoever i see online on my card list when i feel like playing with people and they aren't busy...otherwise i just play solo...or if i want to play with people i go find people and play with them...

amazingly i find that most times when the quote "this party is great" comes up i'm thinking 'these people are a bunch of dipsticks that need to learn how to play" luckily when i play with people it's mainly cuz i have to, to get quicker xp, or because i'm tired of killing everythingalone

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 22, 2007, 06:02 AM
I have one friend that I party with almost daily, and we usually have one or two other friends that we find (But something always happens and we can't party with them. Such as: Their 360 breaks, or their GUARDIANS License gets suspened.) But we try to find another honest few to help us with our lvling and rare hunts.

APEXi
Jun 22, 2007, 06:25 AM
i boot for [B] Dimate

Korokodo13
Jun 22, 2007, 06:45 AM
On 2007-06-22 04:25, APEXi wrote:
i boot for [B] Dimate

Lol, I got booted just because the person wanted jarbas instead of jaggos XD, it was funny cuz the people that also got booted were saying "dont join <insert name>, he boots at jarbas!"