PDA

View Full Version : Something positive...

R2D6battlebot
Jun 16, 2007, 04:54 AM
As far as I know, there is no recorded evidence of hacks on the 360, so unless you have ANY way of proving this, I would suggest not talking about things you dont know anything about. And secondly, this game is not PSO and will not be as good for quite some time, considering the lack of different enemies and items that drop. I left PS2 version mostly because of the economy being trashed, making it feel as if i wasnt playing the game how it was meant. And lastly, I can honestly say that I highly enjoy the 360 version a LOT more than on PS2, not only because of the actual challenge to make money, but also because of the large community where i can almost always find a game anywhere i want to go. My 2 cents.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 16, 2007, 04:57 AM
Apparently they deleted this topic as i replied toit o-O

Saigan
Jun 16, 2007, 04:59 AM
My browser went all wonky on the original post and made 3, then deleted 3. Here's my original post:
Yep, the population is getting smaller on the PS2/PC servers. And as a PS2 player I have to say...

I'm glad.

Put down your flamethrowers for a minute and let me finish http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

My favorite times on DCast and GCN PSO was AFTER those games' first years when mostly fans were left with other fans. Everyone who thought the game should be more like WoW or FFXI is gone. People who got fed up with the economy (which is leveling) or already smaller population left for the 360... along with most of the hackers.

Yes, there are hacks on the 360.

I enjoy the feeling of community, and that is not something that you get from a massive population- especially when 99% of the population is racing to the level cap so they can sit in their parents basements and feel accomplished.

When was the last time someone heard "full run-through"? Where you simply played through multiple areas for nothing more than the fun of it.

PSU's community is gradually turning into the PSO community that I had missed. And I don't think this could happen on a densely populated server.

My 2 cents.

Does anyone agree? Disagree? Discuss.

And I know it's hard but try to be civil.

pokefiend
Jun 16, 2007, 05:01 AM
lol did you just edited his post 0.o

Saigan
Jun 16, 2007, 05:03 AM
On 2007-06-16 02:54, R2D6battlebot wrote:
As far as I know, there is no recorded evidence of hacks on the 360, so unless you have ANY way of proving this, I would suggest not talking about things you dont know anything about.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=4

just because you haven't heard about it yet doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Watch the cheaters forums to get updates on what hacks seem to float around.

And for the record 360 PSU is as hackable as the Titanic is sinkable.

Hrith
Jun 16, 2007, 05:04 AM
If a topic is moved or deleted, you're not allowed to post about it >_>;

A2K
Jun 16, 2007, 05:19 AM
On 2007-06-16 03:04, Hrith wrote:
If a topic is moved or deleted, you're not allowed to post about it >_>;

The problem was a triple post, not any rule violation.

On 2007-06-16 03:03, Saigan wrote:

just because you haven't heard about it yet doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Watch the cheaters forums to get updates on what hacks seem to float around.

As far as the 360 version is concerned, there's been virtually nothing on the cheaters forum to speak of--aside from hearsay and players scamming one another, not by hacks but by good old-fashioned guile and trickery.

I do recall, several months ago, one fellow apparently did do a few client-side modifications, but was almost immediately banned from the Xbox Live service for doing so.

Back on the subject at hand, though, I can actually relate to this sentiment, having played Blue Burst in its twilight months myself. It's not a bad thing at all, finding a good group of people to run around and spam quests with, but, on the opposite end of the spectrum, a large player base lets you meet all sorts of people--good and bad. It's a much more colorful experience, so to speak, and of course, you're free to run with a core group of good friends as I do. The thing is, with a small population, the option to go out and meet new folk simply isn't there, and personally, I'd rather have that option open, even if I decide not to take advantage of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-06-16 03:24 ]</font>

Arika
Jun 16, 2007, 06:00 AM
agree on Saigan, "fewer ppl but mostly good ppl > more ppl but a lot of bad ppl"
but I didn't mean 360 ppl are bad, I just mean that the word is correct.
I never play version 360 myself, so I don't know anything about it <,<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-06-16 04:00 ]</font>

Mewnie
Jun 16, 2007, 06:03 AM
yeah, and with how 10-star and up items are doled out, a smaller playerbase means most of us will be using A-Ranks for much, much longer.

Only the most ultimate catass will have aquired any amount of S-Rank gear.

V
Jun 16, 2007, 06:19 AM
On 2007-06-16 03:03, Saigan wrote:

On 2007-06-16 02:54, R2D6battlebot wrote:
As far as I know, there is no recorded evidence of hacks on the 360, so unless you have ANY way of proving this, I would suggest not talking about things you dont know anything about.

so as long as 360 psu doesn't hit any icebergs then it won't be hacked?

gundam0079
Jun 16, 2007, 08:31 AM
idk what yer talking about but it is challenge to earn money and there only a select few who have a high amount of cash. meseta is runnin out and its gettin to be a challenge. so dont go saying the economy is trashed when yer not on it anymore its just goin back to the way it is supposed to be. rough transition.

DurakkenX
Jun 16, 2007, 09:01 AM
my first experiences on 360 trial version = join C rank game, kicked imediately, join another and have to listen to someone crunch on chips for 15 minutes v.v

Not saying everyone on 360 is like this, but i think i prefer the ps/pc low pop to the bigger population even though we havea harder time getting rares and have less people...the people who play on pc/ps2 as far as i can see are of better quality...though still pretty bad >.> but this just may be my experience ^.^

VanHalen
Jun 16, 2007, 09:46 AM
On 2007-06-16 04:19, V wrote:

so as long as 360 psu doesn't hit any icebergs then it won't be hacked?

You know I laughed when I read that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Jun 16, 2007, 09:58 AM
On 2007-06-16 07:01, DurakkenX wrote:
my first experiences on 360 trial version = join C rank game, kicked imediately, join another and have to listen to someone crunch on chips for 15 minutes v.v

Not saying everyone on 360 is like this, but i think i prefer the ps/pc low pop to the bigger population even though we havea harder time getting rares and have less people...the people who play on pc/ps2 as far as i can see are of better quality...though still pretty bad >.> but this just may be my experience ^.^

You're going to make a judgment based on a free to play trial? lolk. FYI: you didn't have to listen to him eat chips, you chose to ^.^

WaveofBabies
Jun 16, 2007, 10:01 AM
first off, the demo on the 360 is absolutely nothing like the community on the actual game. people are most or less civil to each other unless you're a complete noob.

but the way i figure it, once all the casual players leave and we are left with that solid PSO-esque community, 360 will have much more to offer since we'll still probably have a large community.

Mystil
Jun 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
On 2007-06-16 07:01, DurakkenX wrote:

You cant make judgement about the 360 with the demo because they play on seperate servers. The only way to make accurate judgement is the play on the main servers.

PC/Ps2 better quality? I don't know but I sure don't like the community. My account is gone and the game was uninstalled. Just wish the 360 demo was on the main servers, so if I liked the community I wouldn't mind spending money getting the retail. As it stands though, I wont take the risk.

Small communities = harder for the unknowns to make any friends. You find yourself living off of random games. You try to make new friends and you just get ignored. Some people icl. me will make a game and no one joins at all. The lockfests and all that junk. And you wont get any exp in high rank missions because a lot of the monsters are skipped.

Sekani
Jun 16, 2007, 10:20 AM
Why is the title of this thread "Something positive..."? I see nothing but console negativity so far.

Why is this even still here? Had this been biased against the PC/PS2 servers this thread would have been locked/moved an hour ago.

Powder Keg
Jun 16, 2007, 10:35 AM
Guys....do you hear something? Listen....

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

See! There it is!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-06-16 08:36 ]</font>

Freshellent
Jun 16, 2007, 10:41 AM
On 2007-06-16 08:35, Artea wrote:
Guys....do you hear something? Listen....

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

See! There it is!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-06-16 08:36 ]</font>

Someone call a waaaaambulance?
But really,you people never cease to amaze me.

Dragwind
Jun 16, 2007, 10:46 AM
If it's people you're worried about, then I guess both servers have a different approach. The ps2/pc community is much more closer together as there are many groups of friends that play together and since our community is smaller you get to know more people. However, on the 360 version there are a ton of people so yeah, just go somewhere and you've met someone.

My problem with mass population though however is that the more people there are, sadly the more dumb ones you get. I'm not saying ps2/pc servers doesn't have our share of retards, because it horridly does. I'm just saying there's generally a ratio of chill people to annoying nubs. Take the 360 scores on firebreak for instance. I'm sure the good players didn't take part in the OVERpurification of neudaiz =

Kylie
Jun 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
This topic gets an official "duh" stamp. =D

Seriously, don't waste your time. A lot of people here are just trolls and know that there are no hacks on the 360 version, but just want to annoy you and stuff. Bottom line is that you play your version for your reasons, and I play my version for my reasons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-16 08:54 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 16, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-06-16 08:46, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
My problem with mass population though however is that the more people there are, sadly the more dumb ones you get. I'm not saying ps2/pc servers doesn't have our share of retards, because it horridly does. I'm just saying there's generally a ratio of chill people to annoying nubs. Take the 360 scores on firebreak for instance. I'm sure the good players didn't take part in the OVERpurification of neudaiz =

So now intelligence is measured by the number of times you've done Scorched Valley. OK. Yes, 360 servers have their share of idiots, but the example you used doesn't make you sound that much smarter.

I'm still waiting for something positive. Can I sue the OP for false advertisement?

Kent
Jun 16, 2007, 11:27 AM
I've got something positive...

I got free cookies. Snickerdoodles. And they're good.

...But regardless, I'm pretty sure that any thread that specifically discusses the different servers, will inevitably always result in PC/PS2 users and Xbox 360 users getting into rampant arguments. Obviously, the only option here is to not discuss such things (or just take down one of the servers completely, but that's a Sonic Team thing...).

Seriously. It always starts with something like a 360 user saying he likes the fact that his server actually has an economy. PC/PS2 user screams bloody murder, gets panties in a knot, and starts a bitchfest... Or someone just says something inexorably moronic and wrong, just to get people to start flaming them.

Things will always go to hell when people start talking about how x server is superior to y server, or how they falsely think that x server is filled with children and jobless students while they also falsely think that y server only has working-class people, or something else idiotic like that.

The fact of the matter is, yes, the Xbox 360 servers have a larger population. Yes, they're more secure. Yes, they have a much more stable economy. Yes, it has voice chat. Yes, there are quite a few more friendly people on the Xbox 360 servers than there are complete jackasses. No, it will never be merged with the PC/PS2 servers.

And finally:

No, bitching about it on a GameSpy message board won't do anything.

Sychosis
Jun 16, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-06-16 09:27, Kent wrote:
And finally:

No, bitching about it on a GameSpy message board won't do anything.

What?! N-no! My hopes and dreams of ending world hunger through PSOW are dashed upon the jagged rocks of reality D:

DurakkenX
Jun 16, 2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, there are quite a few more friendly people on the Xbox 360 servers than there are complete jackasses

Judging on the users from 360 that post here as well as the general user base of 360 this is an incredibly false statement.

Based just on stereo types i have to say at least PC users at least argue about something, regardless of how senseless it is. The common 360 user that is reinforced in many places just screams and shouts and argue over nothing.

I wouldn't switch to 360 ever based on the users that i know of that post here (can't list them due to rulels >.>), the general stereotype of 360 players, the controller (it's not constructed well for PSU), and having to restart again.

AS far as an "intelligence" argument...i don't think i've heard of anyone that ever gets ripped off by the other person removing items before finalizing trade on the PC/PS2 version...In fact all the stupid things i hear about scammers and such come from 360... So either PC/PS2 doesn't have "scammers" or 360 just has a bunch of gullible people.

Though this isn't reflective on the whole 360 community there is also the fact that PC/PS2 just have most of the people that are informative to the WHOLE PSU community, not just one or the other. I'd be willing to say if not for the PC/PS2 community the whole community would prolly be a lot less informed...

Then again one might bring up psupedia.info, created by people banned from many sites because of their personalities, and rely on others to fill in the info and not to mention most of their info is just taken from the JP wiki or contributed to by people mainly from the PC/PS2 community...but it is maintained by 360players and is only popular cuz the staff here is doing a rather poor job of getting all the info that should have been up months ago even though they keep saying it'll be there eventually.

For all the players the 360 community has, they really contribute to anything really and those that post on forums all are really lacking in pleasant personalities that scream "hey come play 360"

Parn
Jun 16, 2007, 12:41 PM