PDA

View Full Version : Interesting SUV factoid...

StanleyPain
Jun 17, 2007, 04:52 PM
This is probably old news to some players, but I figured I'd mention for the newer folk or people unaware of it, like me!

You can change out your SUV extra slot while on a mission and it won't effect your charge status. In other words, if you're fully charged to use your SUV, you can change your SUV to something else and you'll still be able to use it right away.

This is cool for people who want to keep two SUVs on hand..one that does damage to everything on the screen, and then one that deals a ton of damage to a small area (for bigger enemies or bosses).
lately, it's helped my strategy a lot. I can carry a bad-ass SUV like the Meteor Buster, but keep the Sturm buster for general team support throughout the mission. Then, once we're getting closer to the boss, I can switch over to the Meteor.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
Old, but you'd be surprised how many don't know this.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
Im a human and i know it =D

Dahilia
Jun 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
Psh! I didn't know it. Thanks for sharing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tykwa
Jun 17, 2007, 05:36 PM
Bad-thing is they don't keep the charge status after missions, if that was the case then you could carry around 30 or so charged SUV's

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

that would be badass.

Freshellent
Jun 17, 2007, 05:37 PM
Also,if there are FO's in your party have them buff you on startup. Yes,you can actually buff your SUV's if timed right.

Zorafim
Jun 17, 2007, 05:39 PM
I do this often. Many times, I accidentally use the wrong SUV. I'll probably be stuck doing this trick when the whitill comes out.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 17, 2007, 06:02 PM
Now only if your SUV gauge charged without a SUV in the extra slot.

natewifi
Jun 17, 2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, right before or during your SUV any close force can cast z/d/s on you during it making it more stronger (but I couldnt really tell a difference, but w/e :/)

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 17, 2007, 06:28 PM
In before Mikaga

McLaughlin
Jun 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-06-17 16:07, natewifi wrote:
Yeah, right before or during your SUV any close force can cast z/d/s on you during it making it more stronger (but I couldnt really tell a difference, but w/e :/)

Buffs have ZERO effect on the strength or accuracy of your SUV. Putting them back on after does nothing and putting them on before is dumb because they're void once the SUV intro starts. You didn't notice a difference because there isn't one. You'd think the Buffs cancelling once the SUV starts would be a big enough clue for people to realize they don't effect it.

I have 5 SUVs on me all the time. ONly one I never bother with is Sturm Buster because another Cast is bound to have it. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-06-17 16:50 ]</font>

Tekershee
Jun 17, 2007, 07:17 PM
This was one of the first things i tried when I became a cast. Back on PSO, changing mag would deplete your PB bar so I was pleasantly happy to see it was changed on PSU.

When my charge is full, I tend to go to Puyoment Aura or Me/HP Restore depending on the difficulty of the mission till I have to use my SUV.

Mikaga
Jun 17, 2007, 08:12 PM
In before Mikaga
Have I become that notorious?

Tekershee's said what I would have (though I wouldn't have mentioned Me / HP Restore!)

DurakkenX
Jun 17, 2007, 08:30 PM
i wish that extra slot units would add another extra slot designed specifically for cast SUVs... it's BS we have to decide between all the other good stuff and a SUV when beasts don't have to decide between it...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-06-17 18:30, DurakkenX wrote:
i wish that extra slot units would add another extra slot designed specifically for cast SUVs... it's BS we have to decide between all the other good stuff and a SUV when beasts don't have to decide between it...

I'm a Newman and i'd give up everything to have an SUV.

Units are cute, but SUV's are hardcore. They turn mobs into bottom feeders; bosses into sub bosses; and make everyone with less than 512mb of RAM reload their weapons. It's awesome, and i'd love to have one on my Newman.

lolunits.

Soukosa
Jun 17, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-06-17 16:48, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Buffs have ZERO effect on the strength or accuracy of your SUV. Putting them back on after does nothing and putting them on before is dumb because they're void once the SUV intro starts. You didn't notice a difference because there isn't one. You'd think the Buffs cancelling once the SUV starts would be a big enough clue for people to realize they don't effect it.

And then when they make it so that buffs stay even when using an SUV, it still likely won't influence the damage, despite what many people seem to think.

it's BS we have to decide between all the other good stuff and a SUV when beasts don't have to decide between it...

But beasts are forced to wear clothes that either completely show off the badge or cover it up all the way. Showing just a bit of it can look horribly ugly.

DurakkenX
Jun 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
that is personal opinion though ^.^ I think it looks fine partially shown

Almighty_Envy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:16 PM

I wish humans had 2 extra slots also =/

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:16, Almighty_Envy wrote:

I wish humans had 2 extra slots also =/

Puyoment Aura and Fire Garment combined for the ultimate lag experience for PS2 players? I'd wear it.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:24 PM

I have 5 SUVs on me all the time. ONly one I never bother with is Sturm Buster because another Cast is bound to have it. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-06-17 16:50 ]</font>

I heard in AoI buffs AND debuffs affect/stay on you during SUV

I'd expect that burn to stick around while you SUV instead of healing, which is one of my favorite exploits of using the SUV

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 10:10 PM
Humans created Beasts, Newmans, and CASTs, so I don't see a problem with them creating and using equippable heavy-weapons with compact reactors and light-weight materials. I mean, maybe they could be Beast slave-era devices used to keep them in line, or something.

Pic related, kind of.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1346/weaponscytheyx5.jpg

Freshellent
Jun 17, 2007, 10:11 PM

Actually he's right,I just can't count numbers.

I had a friend buff me during a SUV,and while it stuck,it didn't up my damage like I had thought. I retract my statement on that.

Again,Buffs do stick after start-up.
BUT they do not in any way effect your damage. My bad guys. Sorry about that. But I tested it! So we know for sure.

Nice work Obsidian,now I can stop spreading that lie around. >.>;

McLaughlin
Jun 17, 2007, 10:33 PM
I live to serve. I have a feeling that with Buffs not being nullified at the start of an SUV, the rumor will only worsen.

Zer0_ConvoY
Jun 18, 2007, 12:48 AM
On 2007-06-17 18:35, Garnet_Moon wrote:
SUV's are hardcore. They turn mobs into bottom feeders; bosses into sub bosses; and make everyone with less than 512mb of RAM reload their weapons.

mind if I quote that in my sig? lol

Garnet_Moon
Jun 18, 2007, 09:53 AM
On 2007-06-17 22:48, Zer0_ConvoY wrote:

On 2007-06-17 18:35, Garnet_Moon wrote:
SUV's are hardcore. They turn mobs into bottom feeders; bosses into sub bosses; and make everyone with less than 512mb of RAM reload their weapons.

mind if I quote that in my sig? lol

Go ahead.

Mikaga
Jun 26, 2007, 01:35 AM
The "trouble" with removing the buff disappearance when using a SUV weapon is that it is taking away yet another "flaw" of CASTs. It's bad enough that they have more than enough HP to overcompensate for their supposed TECHNIC weakness or that there's only one Force type for them to be bad at.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 26, 2007, 01:57 AM

Well simply put, the SUV tends to be the best thing for the extra slot anyways, most giving an STA boost I believe with it. Not only that, but CASTS get far more SUV choices than beasts get with Nano. SUVs also cause SE while Nano... leaves the beast vulnerable for death unless the invincible one.

THE JACKEL

McLaughlin
Jun 26, 2007, 10:14 AM
On 2007-06-25 23:35, Mikaga wrote:
The "trouble" with removing the buff disappearance when using a SUV weapon is that it is taking away yet another "flaw" of CASTs. It's bad enough that they have more than enough HP to overcompensate for their supposed TECHNIC weakness or that there's only one Force type for them to be bad at.

Sychosis usually rebuffs me (and any other Casts) during my SUV anyway, so this hardly makes a difference.

And pardon the damn robots for not being made of glass. Quit the Anti-anything-not-Newman campaign already.