PDA

View Full Version : Which elements do you think are LEAST USEFUL

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:09 PM
So which elements do you think is the most useless least useful at the moment?

In my opinion, electric and ground are the least useful, especially ground since so few I don't run into that many electric enemies

edit: Jesus Christ. Fixed. Not a pleasant way to start my day off. Let's start talking about the elements and NOT pointing out my fu**-ups, k? k.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-06-18 09:52 ]</font>

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 17, 2007, 09:11 PM
Defiantly Electric dont see many ground enemies.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 09:13 PM
No element is useless. Only the players who think so.

Umberger
What are you talking about? Vahras, Polavohras, Polties, Grinna Bete Cs (others too, I just can't remember all of them) are electric too.

EDIT: My post is in reference to the "so few of the enemies are electric based (only the lab robots and the grove robots, heh bet a lot of you forgot about groves)" part of the original post.

EDIT2: And also, I'm pretty sure the Groves robots are ground based.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-06-17 19:15 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Fire + Electric

Ground techs own so i cant really say that =/

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:13, Umberger wrote:
What are you talking about? Vahras, Polavohras, Polties, Grinna Bete Cs (others too, I just can't remember all of them) are electric too.

HAHA, WOW. I can't believe i forgot about those enemies, I'm retarded! I guess it's just been awhile since I've fought them with their natural elements.... wow I can't believe i forgot those

edit: Goddammit, thanks for correcting me again, the groves bots ARE ground based.

sh#t I'm retarded.

And Garnet do you mean to say that elements are only as useless as the player believes them or do you really mean what you said word for word?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-06-17 19:17 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:13, Umberger wrote:

EDIT: My post is in reference to the "so few of the enemies are electric based (only the lab robots and the grove robots, heh bet a lot of you forgot about groves)" part of the original post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-06-17 19:14 ]</font>

I always laugh when a Beast fF runs into a group of buffed Go Vahra without electric armor.

Retehi
Jun 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
I can't say any are useless, but my least used bullets seem to be Light element.

GunnerGoddess
Jun 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
lol yeah the grove bots are ground XD only thing that makes ground kinda useless is the fact that the status effect on bullets is silence >.> yet diga is a really strong tech

Packrat
Jun 17, 2007, 09:18 PM
As someone else posted, all elements are useful. If they're useless as a weapon then they're very useful as armour. Fire synthed weapons might seem unnecessary during FB but fire synthed armour is super useful :o..

DurakkenX
Jun 17, 2007, 09:19 PM
Electric is the most useful in the area hunters are weakest at... all the ground enemies if i recall have melee defense.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:19, DurakkenX wrote:
Electric is the most useful in the area hunters are weakest at... all the ground enemies if i recall have melee defense.

Bil de Vears have bullet defense, but high defense regardless, and the vahra-type moatoob enemies(ffs i forgot the name of those...) have regular-type defense

iirc

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:21, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

On 2007-06-17 19:19, DurakkenX wrote:

and the vahra-type moatoob enemies(ffs i forgot the name of those...) have regular-type defense

iirc

Those Vanda Merhas are annoying little bastards when they spawn with a sword and shield...

KidoKresh
Jun 17, 2007, 09:25 PM
I mainly dont like Electric or Light they haven't been usefull to me YET cuz my guntecher is a Dark Ranger just dark bullets cuz i like to infect things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:26 PM
well, yes, but I meant normal spawns, but you're absolutely right, their defense is real pain in my asshole with that static buff. Leaders dont make it anymore fun either.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:25, KidoKresh wrote:
my guntecher is a Dark Ranger just dark bullets cuz i like to infect things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

That is so sick, and yet, at the same time, so hot...

Almighty_Envy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:28 PM
Lightening is crap.

Why would i wear lightening armor for just Vahras?

Dont bother answering that because i wouldnt.

Tra
Jun 17, 2007, 09:30 PM
I mainly dont like Electric or Light they haven't been usefull to me YET cuz my guntecher is a Dark Ranger just dark bullets cuz i like to infect things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

with AIDS

Almighty_Envy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:30 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:

my guntecher is a Dark Ranger just dark bullets cuz i like to infect things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

My ft is dark because i like to be emo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:30, Almighty_Envy wrote:

On 2007-06-17 19:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:

My ft is dark because i like to be emo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Got blades?

edit: and for the sake of things, pretend the title says least useful instead of useless -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-06-17 19:48 ]</font>

Mayu
Jun 17, 2007, 09:48 PM
Being emo is nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Electric

Fire

Light

Sekani
Jun 17, 2007, 09:49 PM
Most useless element for weapons: lightning
Most useless element for armor: light

Mayu
Jun 17, 2007, 09:50 PM
<< you won't say that when we get S2 Relics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif( NOT NEU )

XanGabriel
Jun 17, 2007, 09:55 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I concur.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 10:05 PM
I didn't mean useless ;-; lapse in thinking there, just meant to say least useful D:

McLaughlin
Jun 17, 2007, 10:07 PM
No element is useless, but I find myself using Electric weapons with the least frequency. The only Moatoob mission I run comprises completely of Electric monsters (Desert Goliath), so I very rarely ever find the need to use my 26% Lightning Sharp Twins.

Tita
Jun 17, 2007, 10:17 PM
for those who say Lightning is useless: moatoob anyone?

i love rocking my 44% daggers and bucc out there. i think it's pretty fair to say that Bils are equivalent to 3 enemies in one.
and having a high level lighting bullet for shock is win if you ask me, especially on high level murderous Vandas, despite being the same element (just wish we could shock Bils.. just once... just once)

and Light gets plenty of use in LL, Hive, etc. spams.

DEM_CIG
Jun 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
Useless on :
Parum- Fire and Lightning...

DEM_CIG
Jun 17, 2007, 10:59 PM
Useless on:
Moatobb- Ground and ice...
Nuedaiz- Ground and lightning

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 11:00 PM
On 2007-06-17 20:57, DEM_CIG wrote:
Useless on :

I'm sorry, but I love my 50% Fire Midi-line on De Ragan S and Crimson Beast S2. Oh, I also love my 44% lightning Midi-line for when there are buffed Go Vahras on screeen. It's also very useful for Volfu in that one lame mission. They hit like a train, and 8 spawn at once in the very first room.

DEM_CIG
Jun 17, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-06-17 21:00, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Useless on :

I'm sorry, but I love my 50% Fire Midi-line on De Ragan S and Crimson Beast S2. Oh, I also love my 44% lightning Midi-line for when there are buffed Go Vahras on screeen. It's also very useful for Volfu in that one lame mission. They hit like a train, and 8 spawn at once in the very first room.

I was talkin about the wepons with those attributes...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-06-17 21:04, DEM_CIG wrote:

On 2007-06-17 21:00, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Useless on :

I was talkin about the wepons with those attributes...

Then specify that in your post next time. This thread is about elements, not weapon elements exclusively.

DEM_CIG
Jun 17, 2007, 11:08 PM
Srry my bad...

DAMASCUS
Jun 17, 2007, 11:12 PM
In my experience FIRE, ELEC, and DARK are mostly useless. There are plenty of fire enemies; not including FB, of course. The best areas to get rares have Go Vahras ,Polavohras and many of the robots( if they're not fire of course). Last but certainly not least is if you want to stand a chance in the hive you should have light weapons; plus they look like S-Rank weapons from good ol' C-Mode..you know what I'm talkin about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Korokodo13
Jun 17, 2007, 11:17 PM
since when are elements useless!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
I thought they improved our chances of doing damage and defending?

Stefanhizzle
Jun 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
IT strange actually I think Electric is the coolest looking(Love my Jitseen!) but there are few monsters to use it on.. its quite annoying

chibiLegolas
Jun 18, 2007, 12:19 AM
ALL elements are useful. (where's THAT option?).
I need armor for all elements. To just say that I use one armor element the least only states which missions I haven't been visiting lately. And that's not really a good judgement on what's the most useless element.
Bullets wise though. I can say that I use my ground bullets the least in general. Most enemeies that are weak to ground, I would end up using some other element for the SE to just plain disable them in certain aspects. Or just lay a trap down instead of trying to silence them.

And for those electric haters out there. Well, I feel like I must defend it cause I just love my SE3 shock bullets I spew out all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'
Saves me and my team mates on a lot of mates for standard mobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-06-17 22:23 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jun 18, 2007, 12:23 AM
Light.

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 18, 2007, 01:35 AM
best armor- fire
best weapons - ice and ground

yes, fire is the most common enemy, followed by electric

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
Jun 18, 2007, 01:42 AM
On 2007-06-17 19:47, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:
edit: and for the sake of things, pretend the title says least useful instead of useless -.-You can edit titles. ;o

F-Gattaca
Jun 18, 2007, 01:50 AM
On 2007-06-17 19:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Can I get a HEL YAH?

That said, there ARE elements which I don't use much. I haven't experimented with Light at all (too obsessed with capping my current PAs before I go buying more). Ground and Dark are my least-used, but definitely not least useful. I've found that my ground shotgun, while its SE may have been cheated out of more usefulness, is the best tool I have for putting Polavorhas down. I only have one Dark bullet, and it's on my only grenade PA (I HATE LEVELING THOSE). It's a great altnerative to Burn--and believe it or not, using this on SEED Vitaces was what helped the party I was in get a record time in Burning Garden not so long ago.

Also ... I can't be the only one who thinks Shock is an effective and useful SE, am I? I recall a time when people used to love Rangers with Lightning bullets (well, not just Lightning, but you get my point) ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-06-18 00:01 ]</font>

pikachief
Jun 18, 2007, 01:57 AM
just fire, since theres fire monsters everywhere!

my reasosn for all elements(Besides fire) are good.

Ground because go vahras and polavorahs are hard.
Ice because fire enemies are everywhere.
Light because Dulk fakis and HIVE give good stuff.
Dark because of Relics, and kog nadds and others.
Electricity because 10* and 11* guns are gonna drop from those half ground half fire moatoob S2 missions were getting soon!

Sekani
Jun 18, 2007, 01:58 AM
This electric hater doesn't fight enough earth enemies on a regular basis to justify the expense of synthing lightning weapons.

Turambar
Jun 18, 2007, 02:22 AM
When it comes to gun eles, fire is probably the least useful since Infect is preferred, as well as over rides burn. For weapons, probably light, that is until HiveS2 is released. As for armor, really there is no useless ele.

Hrith
Jun 18, 2007, 05:38 AM
There is more or less an equal number of monsters of every element, so the only bad thing is players who play the same mission over and over and don't realise that.

Ravennittes
Jun 18, 2007, 06:45 AM
Each element has it's place in certain missions. If in doubt/lazy, use diga unless the monster is ground. Then you can use foie...

Anyways, when you're a techer, the only element without a good tech is lightning. The best being either razonde or noszonde. Because of that, I vote for lightning being the most useless (to me anyways), since I can just use foie and do more damage...

Akaimizu
Jun 18, 2007, 09:34 AM
For guns, it's a bit different. Still, it really depends on the level. Right now, Electric bullets are nice against the general melee-attacking ground enemies. The fast ones that swarm and pop you for hits. Though generally, the main folks that it aids (from a safety perspective) with is Go Vahras. That's only because they've been traditionally the most dangerous swarming melee attackers. In Firebreak A, they do help save your hide from Shagreece (where they somehow finally learned how to do damage, cept it's like circa 2000 HP damage. Yikes!) Still, from things like crossbows, you can often stun an entire group of those melee and dash attackers, making them sitting ducks for the entire party.

Outside of that, so many enemies don't really have their main attacks in something you can stun. I'd love to try it on Bill De Vears, but the problem is, by the time you are dealing with HP of that level, you're probably more concerned with DoT elements and/or traps. There's other nice stuff to use, to deal with them, in other ways.

For Guns, Ground really takes the cake of the lowest-use element. Kind of a reverse from the Techs. That's mainly because of the screwup where Confuse pretty much is a superset of Ground's abilities. The one aspect that ground does that confuse doesn't hardly ever comes into effect (especially since enemies generally don't go healing while confused), so many Guardians could go through to this game's entire endgame without seeing an example where ground did something confuse didn't. The duration also seems too short in comparison to the same level Confuse, and also Confuse also effectively stops that *way too often* setup where a tech is actually not counted as a tech.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-18 07:35 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Jun 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
No useless elements only ones with limited demand due to the small number of correlating enemies they are good against.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 18, 2007, 10:03 AM
Fire is far from usueless, when it has burn. It's funny, soloing the Gol Dolva, a fire enemy with Ensei-sou 30.

Dark is useful for the same reason above, if it has Infection.

Lightning is good for shock, esp. when used on the shotgun. Lightning armor will be more useful when the new Zoalgoug mission comes out. I have a 50% Lightning stelline ready when the time comes for solo hunting.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 18, 2007, 10:16 AM
I find earth to be the least useful so far. The shotgun works well on polavoura for damage, that's about it. Nothing's really worth silencing except those limited-time-only olgoumon that do them one-hit-KO foi attacks. (now tell me again how an insignificant (until FB!) little fireball can outdamage a huge fucking meteor or a giant dragon running you over?)

FlameBlade
Jun 18, 2007, 10:19 AM
"You like these fire weapons?"
"Ooh ya"
"These fire weapons, JUNK!"
"But I like the fire weapons..."
"I know a place where you can use all the fire weapons you want"

LOL over the hedge jokes are good in so many situations

Neith
Jun 18, 2007, 10:34 AM
I honestly don't think there is a useless element.

Fire- Great on Neudaiz, where there's some nasty Ice mobs (Olgohmon, Kamatoze mainly). With firearms/techs, burn is a very, very useful SE to inflict. One of the least useful elements, but very useful on Neudaiz.

Ice- Great almost anywhere, no-one can deny how useful Ice weapons are. For guns/techs, Freeze is better for soloing, but can be used to advantage in teamplay too. De Ragan and Onmagoug go down incredibly fast to them too.

Lightning- Moatoob, almost in its entirety, Hakura Temple. Have you seen the Earth mobs in Moatoob's desert? Shock is a useful SE for hard-hitters too (even lightning mobs like Go Vahra). Dimmagolus is Earth too.

Earth- Parum really, there's a number of lightning mobs there. Endrum bots are lightning remember, a good Earth weapon can tear Grinna Betes apart. Magas Magahhna and Zoalgoug are also Lightning-elemental. Silence isn't one of the best SE's, but has its uses (Olgohmon Barta for one).

Dark- Agata Relics, Raffon Relics. Infection is great for the chunks of damage it adds over time. Adahna Degahna is Light too.

Light- HIVE, Linear Line. Confuse is quite situational, but can mess up some monsters. Olgohmon groups will start hitting each other with Barta, which is pretty funny. Fakis is Dark.

I think the term 'useless' for this discussion should instead be 'least useful, based on situation'. You can't really perform well with a set pallette of elements, you gotta re-arrange it based on your current situation.

panzer_unit
Jun 18, 2007, 11:01 AM
Dark and Light see the least use for me, on both melee weapons and bullets. I just don't do Clyez or Relics enough to make that stuff or use the skills heavily. The 4 regular elements do pretty well. Lightning's important because of Bul Buna and Bil De Vear. They're worth making an elemental weapon for. I've got Dark and Light covered mostly because virusing robots is good, and I'd also feel like an idiot going on some mission and not having ANY proper element attacks.

Armor, I'm concerned with rare drops... especially pieces that give set bonuses. They're too uncommon and expensive to expect a rainbow. I think they're usually dark 'cause most people have megi's to burn.

Zarbolord
Jun 18, 2007, 11:13 AM
Most useless element? Well, for the moment dark hasn't really got a value since there aren't many light monsters, even less than ground or lightning. But dark is good for effects on guns and techs, so I would'nt rly say there's a useless element. If there is a useless one its unelemental on guns >> ult PAs don't always give out what an elemental one can.

Para
Jun 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
Fire might become a lot more useful when more of the Vio Tonga continent opens up with a shitload of ice enemies.

Shou
Jun 18, 2007, 11:38 AM
WTF put ice >.>

panzer_unit
Jun 18, 2007, 11:39 AM
Adding a continent of mostly ice monsters would be off the hook, since ice enemies are already common all over neu and mot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-06-18 11:05 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 18, 2007, 11:53 AM
fixed it, happy? good..

MSAksion
Jun 18, 2007, 01:02 PM
Least Useful TECH - ZONDE series.
Least Useful BULLET - DIGA series.

I find that ZONDE is not for POWER but for SHOCK status. Problem is that there is no Level 4 SHOCK TECH at all and that Tech is SLOW.

TECH is VERY slow - let's not kid ourselves. In the same time it takes to cast a 2nd GIZONDE a Ranger can SHOCK a half dozen monsters.

And Wartechers/Guntechers without access to lvl 21 TECH means they're stuck with LVL 2 Status on all their Slow Casting TECHs.

I try to shock with Lvl 21 status 3 GIZONDE but it lands only 1-2 out of six hits. Might as well let ranger with a ZONDE Crossbow try SHOCK.

pokefiend
Jun 18, 2007, 01:21 PM
Well for weapon types: Dark - Light monsters are too infrequent, and Holy Grounds S2 is pretty pointless

For bullets: Earth - sure if you love Parum and Goliath S it's good, but it has an awful SE and can be only used in select missions

For technics: Light - only one light attack type technic? And it takes on the same form as megiverse?! *shivers*

Akaimizu
Jun 18, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-06-18 11:02, MSAksion wrote:

And Wartechers/Guntechers without access to lvl 21 TECH means they're stuck with LVL 2 Status on all their Slow Casting TECHs.

Level 1 for Guntechers. Only level 10 tech max, at this time. In the expansion, they get better techs, but really, it's their Support techs like Resta/Reverser/Buffs/Debuffs that get the big boost. They seem to have balanced the GTs in such a way that they don't really want them to concentrate on attack techs. (That is, they want to keep the bullets doing better damage for them)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-18 14:35 ]</font>

amtalx
Jun 18, 2007, 04:54 PM
For me, Light and Fire. Light because confuse doesn't last long enough, and Fighters usually end up making it useless. Fire because half the freakin' enemies in the game are Fire element.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 18, 2007, 05:30 PM
What the hell is fire doing so high? There are hardly any dangerous ice enemies, and if there are, they are ALWAYS accompanied by Fire monsters that are even more threatening and dangerous. Not to say that I'll fight the ice enemies with Ice weapons, but you know what I mean, Worms are more dangerous than Kamatozes, and Vandas are more dangerous than Jishagaras.

Kimil
Jun 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
Dark and Electric... Now... my Highest Elemental Weapons?
a 9* Thunder Dagger... and 9* Dark Saber... lol T_T

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 18, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-06-18 15:31, Kimil wrote:
Dark and Electric... Now... my Highest Elemental Weapons?
a 9* Thunder Dagger... and 9* Dark Saber... lol T_T

pahahahaa, that sucks hueg sweaty ass

SolomonGrundy
Jun 18, 2007, 08:38 PM
ANYONE with access to techs at all has access to SE3 with the Dam-series.

Damdiga: level 3 poison (admittedly poor)
Damfoie: level 3 burn
Dambar...you get the idea.

Sadly Dam techs are terrible at levels 1-10. it's only 11+ they range and # of hits begin to show some use.

Come AoI, you can bet there will be Diga throwing Guntechers. GT melee did not improve (nor did thier melee weapon selection, whips excluded), so what do GTs do when an enemy is bullet resistant?

Diga's not a bad choice. That is of course, after SE4 Fire or Virus is smacked down upon the enemy in question

Garnet_Moon
Jun 18, 2007, 08:42 PM
Dambarta freezes things so freaking fast you don't even need to rely on the knockback. You freeze everything on the first tick almost...

ShinMaruku
Jun 18, 2007, 09:50 PM
one should carry all to conquer all.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 18, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-06-18 19:50, ShinMaruku wrote:
one should carry all to conquer all.

I did that towards the first or second level cap, but i didn't bother later on since one area will usually have at most 2 different elements

Niered
Jun 18, 2007, 11:47 PM
Everyone voting electric has obviously not seen a level 30 barada inga on a 9* shotgun. Ice can kiss its ass.

Marik
Jun 18, 2007, 11:56 PM
Well for me on Armor Earth is the most useless, because I never fight earth enemies. Vahras and Volfus would hit even harder. On Weapons Fire and Lightning are useless since I actually fight Lightning enemies alot. Volfus, Vahras, Polavohras, Poltys, etc. Fire is useless cuz I never go to Neudaiz. On my Rifles Light and Lightning are the most useless. Never fight Dark or Earth enemies and I dont care for Confuse.

Weeaboolits
Jun 18, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-06-18 21:47, Niered wrote:
Everyone voting electric has obviously not seen a level 30 barada inga on a 9* shotgun. Ice can kiss its ass.Thundershotty = pwnage. ;]

Realmz
Jun 19, 2007, 12:18 AM
I actually intend on getting all the bullets for my shot gun, just because i feel i have to. One shot iwll almost always trigger the SE on two or three mobs. I'll rake everything a bit with virus maybe, then slap down some shocks to help keep the hunters (and me) alive. it's great cause the % is so slow it hardly shows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I personally find light to be the most usless (SE wise) because the just attack whatever's near them, which will be the hunters anyway!

Akaimizu
Jun 19, 2007, 09:22 AM
On 2007-06-18 18:38, SolomonGrundy wrote:
ANYONE with access to techs at all has access to SE3 with the Dam-series.

Damdiga: level 3 poison (admittedly poor)
Damfoie: level 3 burn
Dambar...you get the idea.

Sadly Dam techs are terrible at levels 1-10. it's only 11+ they range and # of hits begin to show some use.

Come AoI, you can bet there will be Diga throwing Guntechers. GT melee did not improve (nor did thier melee weapon selection, whips excluded), so what do GTs do when an enemy is bullet resistant?

Diga's not a bad choice. That is of course, after SE4 Fire or Virus is smacked down upon the enemy in question

Guntechers still will have horrible attack techniques. It's the Support stuff where they actually get the goods. I'm willing to bet that SEGA will continue to make sure a Guntecher would be better off just shooting a bow than any attack tech they can get, if dealing with bullet-resistant stuff. And for especially high HP bullet-resistant monsters, still force a Guntecher to either land Virus/Fire from SE4 weapons or use them G-traps. Those cases where (while better than other bullets, at the time) direct Bow damage is still piddly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-19 07:26 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jun 19, 2007, 09:48 AM
You guys and your hating on electric. Dammit that's why there's never any rare tenora armor in shops. Come on, desert drops all kinds of good stuff. Axes, grenades, knuckles, shotguns, leg units....