PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be great...

DurakkenX
Jun 17, 2007, 09:15 PM
if PSU's char customization was more like Armored Core 4's mech customization?

For those of you that don't know...
AC4's customization allows you to custom paint left and right arm, legs, torso, and head. It also allows you to add a paint pattern overlay so that it can be camou-style paint job, and then you can add decals and team symbols. On top of that you can also add extra parts that makes you lean different ways.

I would love it if PSU had such an extensive customization for... it would slow it down a bit, but it'd just mean you need more ram v.v that's not too much to ask nowadays.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 09:20 PM
And you'd enjoy waiting for everyone on crap internet connections to read all that unique data, render it on their POS machine or PS2, and complain about the slowdown from all that customization on screen?

I'd be so distraught that i'd probably create a myspace account and go emo...

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:22 PM
same, my PC is a p.o.s.

till i get some $$$

Retehi
Jun 17, 2007, 09:24 PM
Everyone would just have a penis emblem on their Braves Jacket, or whatever.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 09:26 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:24, Retehi wrote:

And then ST would come out with a censor patch for those and anything similiar and throw one of their furry mascots on it while sticking their tongue out or something. Which... would kind of be funny.

KidoKresh
Jun 17, 2007, 09:27 PM
yeah i would get annoying see all the wrong things on peoples armor ot clothes also i would get tired of seeing all the rainbow CASTs

Almighty_Envy
Jun 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-06-17 19:26, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-06-17 19:24, Retehi wrote:

And then ST would come out with a censor patch for those and anything similiar and throw one of their furry mascots on it while sticking their tongue out or something. Which... would kind of be funny.

Always a way to get around censors...

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 17, 2007, 09:30 PM
That would be nice...but considering how long it takes a PS2 to load even these simplistic character designs with that crapass game engine...well, I still say it shoulda been done while providing an ability to choose which characters outside your party load.

Also, PSO had an Armored Core style RGB meter while customizing hair color...why the hell is that missing in PSU? (And why the hell is this not allowed in clothes? You know...base, detail, joint, etc!)

Korokodo13
Jun 17, 2007, 10:08 PM
They should make it like Chrome Hounds symbol creation thing, It gives you a bunch of decals and shapes and stuff and you make a layered symbol that you can use as a squad emblem and you can put it on your mech...

McLaughlin
Jun 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
I never understood why you'd want to offset your Mech's balance. Seemed stupid to me. All I ever noticed it do was rape your mobility >_>

I agree with most posters though. The more customization, the longer the load times.

DEM_CIG
Jun 17, 2007, 11:11 PM
it would be nice to change the colors of ur clothes

DurakkenX
Jun 17, 2007, 11:13 PM
I think it'd be cool in PSU ^.^ be able to make a char lean or walk slightly dif...you can alter the personality of your char greatly by simply modifying it's posture you know...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-06-17 21:13, DurakkenX wrote:
I think it'd be cool in PSU ^.^ be able to make a char lean or walk slightly dif...you can alter the personality of your char greatly by simply modifying it's posture you know...

I wouldn't mind being right-handed for pistols and left-handed for sabers...

VanHalen
Jun 18, 2007, 01:10 AM
^Seconded, being that I'm left handed.

Kion
Jun 18, 2007, 03:01 AM
For casts at least i wish they had a color select system or at least more colors. There's only 8 colors which dont look too great with the parts availible, and the subcolor slider has all puke colors. Wish it had a RGB slider (like pso's hair selection).
Also being able to customize your speach bubble would be a huge plus.