PDA

View Full Version : A speech: Firebreak and the state of Gurhal

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 17, 2007, 11:02 PM
*pulls a soabpox and podium out his ass, er, nanotransformer and steps up, looking serious*

OKAY PEOPLE! This speech is for all those who are genuinely concerned about the state of the Gurhal system during this time of crisis. This is not about the rewards for Operation Firebreak, not the rare items, just the state of our world.

I would like to begin by saying congratulations to all of you who have helped purify Neudaiz so completely that Operation Firebreak staff are needed to create artificial SEED Cores to make sure that Neudaiz's purification missions remain up and running.

Now let's talk about Moatoob. We all know that it's been horrifyngly slow to purify. This is because not one of us GUARDIANS has found a single SEED Core on Moatoob. This is due to an error on the administrative end of Operation Firebreak. The SEED Cores are actually located at the bottoms of the canyons, far lower than you can see from the so-called Valley of Carnage. That area is considered far too dangerous for us or our scape dolls. Do not worry however, as Moatoob will be fine without our help. Wave after wave of friendly NPCs are sent directly to these contaminated areas to purify the SEED cores to make us think that we have actually accomplished something in our pointless killing sprees. Moatoob will be purified in a matter of days.

Now let's talk about Parum, another planet that has been slow to purify. The infestation mainly occurs inside various plants around the Seabed area. Hundreds, if not thousands, of these facilities explode every hour due to the infestation. Due to our numbers, only small amounts of these facilities can be saved from exploding by purifying all of the SEED Cores within an alotted time. Many facilities explode simply due to the fact that many groups simply hunt for jaos and abandon after finding none or poaching them all. This is NOT a cause for concern! If not for these jao hunters, these facilities would have exploded anyway. Numerous NPCs are deployed to each exploded facility to fight the fires, clean up the rubble, and purify the remaining SEED Cores.

And so I shall sum up this speech with what I should have simply said at the beginning of it: Nothing that we do matters in the grand scheme of Operation Firebreak (except on Neudaiz when that planet was infected), because the NPCs are doing most of the real work for us.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 11:18 PM
If by doing most of the work for us, you mean sitting at HQ and barking orders at us through our comm link, then yes, I agree.

Tra
Jun 17, 2007, 11:26 PM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9884/00jifegl5.jpg

Gryffin
Jun 17, 2007, 11:30 PM
Reasons for loving Cherry just increased by 1.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-06-17 21:26, Tra wrote:
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9884/00jifegl5.jpg

lolol

Freshellent
Jun 17, 2007, 11:33 PM
*facepalms* I thought we were better then a military operation.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 11:34 PM
Curtz probably hates fleshies again for letting his planet burn for so long.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-06-17 21:35 ]</font>

Freshellent
Jun 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
I like Curtz. I hope we get his card someday. Like on US servers I mean.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 17, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-06-17 21:37, Icespike wrote:

I'd like to have Captain YARRR added to my party as well.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 17, 2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I have lots of questions to ask Curts. Like, How did you manage to get both a helmet AND a face?

And my speech was meant to be a bit of a pep talk to remind everyone that not getting our purification points won't matter simply because everything will be back to normal anyway. Can't a player try to explain what's going on? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pikachief
Jun 17, 2007, 11:43 PM
On 2007-06-17 21:38, Garnet_Moon wrote:

i would also like to invite an NPC clone of myself or my other characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

pikachief
Jun 17, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-06-17 21:38, Garnet_Moon wrote:

i would also like to invite an NPC clone of myself or my other characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SolomonGrundy
Jun 17, 2007, 11:53 PM
how can parum not be purified. I pretty much see vast quntities of players there for days on end spamming the FB mission.

VanHalen
Jun 18, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-06-17 21:53, SolomonGrundy wrote:
how can parum not be purified. I pretty much see vast quntities of players there for days on end spamming the FB mission for jaggo maps.

Fixed.

Jaggos in that mission imo was a test by ST to see if we were actually concerned for the safety of the planet, or there for the rarz. I wouldn't really care if they was maybe 75% Runs and 25% jaggo hunts or even 50% and 50%. Though lately I've seen 25% runs and 75% jaggo hunts.

panzer_unit
Jun 18, 2007, 09:59 AM
I do FB missions for quick PM levels. They're fast missions and the little dorks can't go and waste rank by dying.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 18, 2007, 11:17 AM
Fission Mailed. That's all I have to say.

panzer_unit
Jun 18, 2007, 11:40 AM
Neudaiz... LOL ITS OVER 40 MILLION!

Niered
Jun 18, 2007, 12:18 PM
Wait, so...does this mean that we gaurdians are...EXPENDABLE?

DDD:

NOOOO NPC'S! ILL DO MY JOB! JUST LET ME REDEEM MYSELF FIRST! That puyo has a stranglehold on me no more!

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 18, 2007, 12:41 PM
I was trying to say that the expendable NPC that we'll never see are the ones doing all the work so we can just sit back, relax, or hunt rares, or help purify, basically we can do whatever the hell we want because there is no danger.

And Niered, when you get a puyoment aura, try standing in a large bowl for a few minutes. I'm hungry.

Niered
Jun 18, 2007, 12:44 PM
On 2007-06-18 10:41, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I was trying to say that the expendable NPC that we'll never see are the ones doing all the work so we can just sit back, relax, or hunt rares, or help purify, basically we can do whatever the hell we want because there is no danger.

And Niered, when you get a puyoment aura, try standing in a large bowl for a few minutes. I'm hungry.

I bet I could make a killing off that, put the girl selling koltova juice out of business in a second.