PDA

View Full Version : Alternating Vanda diga throwing style...

Siertes
Jun 17, 2007, 11:57 PM
Is it me, or are the Vanda's in VoC S and Scorched Valley A switching back and forth between the ways they throw their Diga?

Months ago, I used to level rifle bullets by shooting away at Vandas in VoC S as they threw diga over my head. Now I am no longer able to do that. I first noticed this change maybe two weeks ago. Some time after that, I found myself in VoC S again and their throwing style had returned to going over my head. Currently they are in low throwing mode which is pissing me off and anytime I mention this, no one seems to care. I guess because it's Moatoob and no one cares about this dumb place.

But this is really making me mad and I want to know that I'm not crazy and just seeing things! Why do they keep changing?!?!

KidoKresh
Jun 18, 2007, 12:04 AM
it depends on the diga... The small ones normally hit you cuz they go low and the bigger ones fly higher so those go over you.

Siertes
Jun 18, 2007, 12:23 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Siertes/PSU/vandahigh.jpg

Notice the starting point at which the diga begins its journey to your face? VoC S Vanda used to have diga beginning from around that height. Of course their rocks were bigger, but they were at that height.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Siertes/PSU/vandalow.jpg

Now see how low they start now? Just like their S2 counterparts. What is up with that and why has it changed back and forth over the past couple weeks is what I want to know...

KidoKresh
Jun 18, 2007, 12:26 AM
idk o.0

Tra
Jun 18, 2007, 12:28 AM
so... you like easy mode?

Siertes
Jun 18, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-06-17 22:28, Tra wrote:

I like to know what to expect from the enemies I'm fighting -_-. Keep them one way or the other, ST.

Tra
Jun 18, 2007, 12:31 AM
if you see it coming at you... stand to the side http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Siertes
Jun 18, 2007, 12:35 AM
On 2007-06-17 22:31, Tra wrote:
if you see it coming at you... stand to the side http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Genius advice, but if you don't know the answer to the main question of this topic, then let it fall into Moatoobian Oblivion. No need for subtle antagonism...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 18, 2007, 12:37 AM
Wow, I think that's the first time Cherry's been accused of being "subtle."

Micki_Monday
Jun 18, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-06-17 22:31, Tra wrote:

That's not what he's complaining about.. he didnt say he counldn't dodge the rocks (and for the record, I play with Siertes everyday and he NEVER dies lol he's a fantastic player.), he's asking if anyone else notices them being lower to the ground.

I don't see it myself, but I'm really just focusing on leveling the bullets on my alt, so I dunno.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 18, 2007, 01:02 AM
Last I checked, they throw them lower now. But if you can find low enough ground they'll still sail over you.

pikachief
Jun 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
On 2007-06-17 22:30, Siertes wrote:

On 2007-06-17 22:28, Tra wrote:

I like to know what to expect from the enemies I'm fighting -_-. Keep them one way or the other, ST.

basically yes -_-

if a mini asteroid is flying at u u should move -_-

Siertes
Jun 18, 2007, 01:50 AM
So the resounding answer to this topic seems to be no. You guys don't know anything on whether or not their throwing style is alternating.

Soukosa
Jun 18, 2007, 02:09 AM
Last I saw Vandas, they really were alternating. As in, some would throw tier 1 Diga while others would throw tier 2 Diga. Could have been hallucinating though *hmm*

Midicronica
Jun 18, 2007, 04:39 AM
I was just bullet training on VoC S2 the other day. The trick with the Vanda Mehra's is too get the m on a higher ground than you are. Vanda Mehra's are pussies, so if you get get too close them they will start to back up. Use this to your advantage and back them up to a hill, so they're just high enough to throw the diga over your head.

The difference between the Vanda's and Vanda Mehra's is that the regular one throw lvl 1 (1-10) diga while the Vanda Mehra's throw lvl 2.(11-20)

RadiantLegend
Jun 18, 2007, 06:12 AM
I just do firebreak A. They throw it over my head.

JAFO22000
Jun 18, 2007, 09:59 AM
Well, to answer the original question, I haven't necessarily seen an "alternating" style, just a different style of throwing dependant upon the level I have been on.

Did a LOT of VoC when it was just the S rank mission out and found a good place to stand and have their Diga sail over my head. I noticed immediately when the S2 mission was released that the Diga seemed to be flying on the same trajectory, but that I was getting hit by it more often for reasons unknown. I ran the S enough to know where to stand on those missions to avoid being hit, but the same strategy seemed to not work on the S2 mission.

In summation, yes I did notice a slight change.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-06-17 23:02, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Last I checked, they throw them lower now. But if you can find low enough ground they'll still sail over you.

Yep, they will miss if you stand on lower ground. The Vanda in Scroching Valley A are friggin' stupid, they are how I got my techs lv'ed.

And Jife, we need to take some funny pictures of the Vanda rocks flying over our head. We'll sit down together and just watch them, and I say something funny.

Most people don't know this, but when you do the sit animation, the Vanda rocks disappear over your head.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-06-18 09:31, Sexy_Raine wrote:

On 2007-06-17 23:02, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Yep, they will miss if you stand on lower ground. The Vanda in Scroching Valley A are friggin' stupid, they are how I got my techs lv'ed.

And Jife, we need to take some funny pictures of the Vanda rocks flying over our head. We'll sit down together and just watch them, and I say something funny.

Most people don't know this, but when you do the sit animation, the Vanda rocks disappear over your head.

Well, I can log on right now so we can do this. I'm in the mood for some...not serious stuff.

Siertes
Jun 18, 2007, 11:47 AM
Man, I really loved shooting the buffed Vanda at the end of VoC S with my rifle bullets in general safety. Pretty efficient way to level those things. Oh well, thanks for the input guys!

I'll be checking up on the Vandas everyday until after the next maintenance to see if they change again.

JAFO22000
Jun 18, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well, I haven't run VoC on S2 as much as I've run it on S, but there is still a place to stand and have the Diga go over your head...I just think that the area of this "safe zone" is smaller, thus harder to find (especially when you are used to the old one!).

XenithFlare
Jun 18, 2007, 12:01 PM
Wasn't it a while ago that a bunch of mobs were changed a bit in an update? I thought I remember vandas being one of them, that they changed their diga.

RedCoKid
Jun 18, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-06-17 22:57, Micki_Monday wrote:
(and for the record, I play with Siertes everyday and he NEVER dies lol he's a fantastic player.)
I dunno~~ Maybe you two have a super duper healer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif j/k

I did notice while soloing B (leveling gifoie) they chucked diga low, while in A (last night) the diga was flying over my head again. Maybe it has to do with the enemy level like people were pointing out or the number of team members.

Gryph05
Jun 18, 2007, 12:23 PM
lol Me and some friends were wondering this too, and we came to an interesting discovery. I don't know why it happens, but I do know that is has been changed from time to time, and there is a "fix." For some reason, the game is programmed to change Diga's flight path dependant on your FPS. If you are a PC user, running at 60 FPS, the diga will always fly over your head if the Vandas are at their natural throwing range. However, if you turn on FS1 (30 FPS), it won't quite make it over your head. FS2 and you've got it in the chest. FS3 and you're dealing with bowling balls. There have been different times after different updates when this has been switched, and was no longer dependant on FPS, and then switched back later. I believe it currently, however, does. PS2 users are kinda screwed here because PS2 runs at FS1, 640x480 iirc. I do know that standing on the lower side of the hill on FS1 will cause it to fly over your head. However I'm not sure about 2 or 3.

Siertes
Jun 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
You, Gryph05, are the FREAKIN' WINNER OF THIS TOPIC!!! I have just confirmed what you said to be true! It wasn't ST who was switching things up on me; It was me! I've been switching back and forth between Frame Skip 1 and 2 to try and maximize the playability and graphics of the game. Here are some pics I just took as proof:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Siertes/PSU/vandalower.jpg

That's on Frame Skip 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Siertes/PSU/vandauphigh.jpg

This is on frame skip 1

I guess if I ever want to play on FS1 again, I'll have to turn Post Effects off again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Screw that!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Siertes on 2007-06-18 10:39 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Jun 18, 2007, 12:43 PM
I'm going to VOC to test this on PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-06-18 10:46 ]</font>

gambit04
Jun 18, 2007, 12:45 PM
The vanda change just lake the vahras do for parum (I'm not sure on the names I'm not checking it out) but the vahras change shape & are faster my guess is if they did anything besides physical attacks that their spells would increase in lvl too such is the case with vandas the higher the lvl the higher the lvl of diga.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 18, 2007, 12:55 PM
Well, in Scorched Valley A on frame skip 1 the rocks sailed over me. I don't feel like relogging again and again to try the different frame skips...and I don't even feel like logging on to Photobucket to show pics of the rocks sailing over my head. Meh. I'm lazy.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-06-18 10:55, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Well, in Scorched Valley A on frame skip 1 the rocks sailed over me. I don't feel like relogging again and again to try the different frame skips...and I don't even feel like logging on to Photobucket to show pics of the rocks sailing over my head. Meh. I'm lazy.

You'll take some pics of them if I'm there making jokes about it.

Siertes
Jun 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
Got ya covered Jife.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Siertes/PSU/scorchedA.jpg

I was beginning to think my teammates were crazy for not seeing a difference...

CelestialBlade
Jun 18, 2007, 03:20 PM
This explains why Diga doesn't hit me very much, I don't use any Frame Skip. But why does it assault the hell out of my short little GH-421? XD

Gryph05
Jun 19, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-06-18 13:20, Typheros wrote:
This explains why Diga doesn't hit me very much, I don't use any Frame Skip. But why does it assault the hell out of my short little GH-421? XD

lol Sorry, that one you're on your own with.

On 2007-06-18 10:38, Siertes wrote:
You, Gryph05, are the FREAKIN' WINNER OF THIS TOPIC!!!

Oooh What do I win? *Gib Har / Quick?* (Nearing run 400)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryph05 on 2007-06-18 22:40 ]</font>