PDA

View Full Version : jao hunt question

eightball
Jun 18, 2007, 03:30 PM
in your opinion whats the best place to hunt for jaos with only two people?? i'm looking to search with my buddy for some kitty or snowy claws

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eightball on 2007-06-18 13:47 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jun 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
I believe the only place you would be able to hunt them with two people would be Sealab, VoC, System Defense, Mine Defense and Desert Terror. I beleive everywhere else they can possibly spawn right now (UO, CB, Rogue's Shortcut, Forest Infiltration) all require 3 or more party members in order to access the area in which they appear.

eightball
Jun 18, 2007, 04:04 PM
thanks in your opinion of those missions which would have the best rewards/ease combo..meaning which mission would be the easiest yet still award decent money?

Golto
Jun 18, 2007, 04:06 PM
My friend says he likes to hunt for jaggos at System Defense since 2 out of 3 spanws are known and it is not as ambiguous as Valley of Carnage's rare spawns.

JAFO22000
Jun 18, 2007, 04:12 PM
Well, Sealab is what most run, but I believe you need a map rife with Mizura for the possible rare spawn. While I don't mind fighting them, most avoid them like proper grammar.

VoC should be pretty easy AND the possilbe rare spawns are listed on psupedia, but I have hunted there before and come up empty. I'm unsure if the rare spawns for VoC listed are correct or not...

Mine Defense, System Defense and Desert Terror should be decent money for two people, but I don't believe the rare spawns are listed on psupedia.

My advice would be find a third person and hunt them on Urgent Orders. They appear way more often than on any other mission. They money here will pretty much dwarf anything else listed above and the rare spawn is pretty easy to detect. I understand that you are probably trying to duo missions so that only you or your friend will get whatever special item you are looking for, but recruiting one more person for UO would be ideal. You guys would still have about a 67% chance of getting the rare drop.

If you still want to duo, I would suggest VoC.

JAFO22000
Jun 18, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-06-18 14:06, Golto wrote:
My friend says he likes to hunt for jaggos at System Defense since 2 out of 3 spanws are known and it is not as ambiguous as Valley of Carnage's rare spawns.

Ah, so they are known...I stand corrected! In that case, I change my duo answer to System Defense.

Deus-Irae
Jun 18, 2007, 06:47 PM

whoa is that new? i could have sworn that wasnt there last week...

im not sure how VoC's spawns are ambiguous exactly though. if they are correct, they seem pretty cut and dry to me.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 18, 2007, 07:31 PM

what's ambigous about VoCs spawns?

after the laser gate in block 2, you ALWAYS fight 2 Kog Nadds. Kill them. After that 4 vanda appear. Kill ONE of them. If another Kog Nad spawns right after the first one dies, you got the rare map. If it spawns AFTER the 4th one dies, you do not.

At that point you might as well finish the mission though, as all the hard work is done.

Golto
Jun 18, 2007, 07:54 PM
I guess people don't remember the buffed vanda 3+3+1 or 3+2+2 in b2 that was incorrectly used to determine rare spawns for VoC. I'm glad someone figured out that you had to go in deeper to confirm rare spawn but only 6 months late.

Kaloa
Jun 18, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-06-18 17:31, SolomonGrundy wrote:

what's ambigous about VoCs spawns?

after the laser gate in block 2, you ALWAYS fight 2 Kog Nadds. Kill them. After that 4 vanda appear. Kill ONE of them. If another Kog Nad spawns right after the first one dies, you got the rare map. If it spawns AFTER the 4th one dies, you do not.

At that point you might as well finish the mission though, as all the hard work is done.

Actually, that's not quite right.

After you kill the two big guys after the gate (kog nads?), vandas will spawn. On a normal map 4 vandas spawn, and after killing all 4 a fifth will appear, followed by lapuchas.

On a rare spawn, however, FIVE vanda's will spawn after you kill the Kog Nads. Upon killing one another one will spawn. The Jao's will then spawn after taking out the whole group of vandas.