PDA

View Full Version : I beat a level 9!

BlueDagger
Jun 18, 2007, 09:28 PM
In Super Smash Bros. Melee, that is. Its the first time I've been able to do that(by myself, without any handicaps or anything of assistance)

It was a straightforward head-to-head battle. 2 minutes. All items on high. Peach's Castle.
I was Fox, and the level 9 NPC was Mario.

Things started off pretty good, I think I got the first hit. If not, I soon after took the lead in damage%, however, after a while Mario stole it and I was thrown into a Bob-Omb and earned myself my first and only fall.
After that, it was just me desperately trying not to die, and eventually I think Mario accidently fell somehow, but he was pretty damaged-up.

There were only 12 seconds left the next time I looked at the clock. I think I was still fairly un-damaged, Mario(being the last one to restart) had the lead on me, but I still won over falls.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tact
Jun 18, 2007, 09:30 PM
I almost beat 3 once. In a free-for-all as Kirby.

I got into a Sudden Death versus Ganondorf, was like "OH SHI-" because I wasn't expecting it and then I got owned.

Weeaboolits
Jun 18, 2007, 09:31 PM
If you do training with the CPU set to attack, they'll become progressively tougher as time passes, going against three gets intnse after a while. ;]

Sayara
Jun 18, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-06-18 19:28, BlueDagger wrote:
In Super Smash Bros. Melee, that is. Its the first time I've been able to do that(by myself, without any handicaps or anything of assistance)

It was a straightforward head-to-head battle. 2 minutes. All items on high. Peach's Castle.

Things started off pretty good, I think I got the first hit. If not, I soon after took the lead in damage%, however, after a while Mario stole it and I was thrown into a Bob-Omb and earned myself my first and only fall.
After that, it was just me desperately trying not to die, and eventually I think Mario accidently fell somehow, but he was pretty damaged-up.

There were only 12 seconds left the next time I looked at the clock. I think I was still fairly un-damaged, Mario(being the last one to restart) had the lead on me, but I still won over falls.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

How long have you this game.

If its a long time; you're a failure
If its not a long time; Play harderrr!! `-`

RedX
Jun 18, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-06-18 19:28, BlueDagger wrote:

ewwwwww, time. Stock is the only way to go.

Weeaboolits
Jun 18, 2007, 09:44 PM
I only like to play time matches if I'm doing bonus or coin battles, I always set a 99 minute timer on stock matches, though. ;]

Abroller30
Jun 18, 2007, 11:47 PM
I play 5 life stock matches. Try to fight 3 lvl 9 Jigglypuffs....they get quite annoying. With Luigi or Ice Climbers I can beat them though.

chaos89
Jun 18, 2007, 11:52 PM
play that match were you fight mewtwo, ganondorf, and giga bowser at the same time. if you beat them thatn i give you props.

Weeaboolits
Jun 18, 2007, 11:54 PM
I play on Very Easy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2007, 12:13 AM
Erm, wow...

Sorry, I always found any NPC, even lv9s, to be easy. Especially compared to requirements to unlock all the options (characters, stages, trophies, etc).

chaos89
Jun 19, 2007, 12:16 AM
On 2007-06-18 22:13, Zorafim wrote:
Erm, wow...

Sorry, I always found any NPC, even lv9s, to be easy. Especially compared to requirements to unlock all the options (characters, stages, trophies, etc).

me too! to bad i would like to play you

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2007, 12:23 AM
Meh, I'm nothing special. I can show off immensely when using Shiek, but I'm sure everyone else can too.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 19, 2007, 11:10 PM

I can beat 3 lvl 9's ez, all against me, because i hab no life....but o well...

Nitro Vordex
Jun 20, 2007, 12:38 AM
On 2007-06-18 22:13, Zorafim wrote:
Erm, wow...

Quoted for truth.

Mixfortune
Jun 20, 2007, 12:51 AM
Damn, I almost thought this thread got bumped from 2002 or something.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 20, 2007, 12:53 AM
What madeya think that O_o

Sord
Jun 20, 2007, 12:54 AM
SSB been around for awhile now

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 20, 2007, 03:01 PM
Soo old the next one is almost out (under a Nintendo sequel timeline not a Madden/Tony Hawk one).