PDA

View Full Version : Do you think AOI will include 4 player splitscreen co-op lik

Saner
Jun 19, 2007, 12:31 AM
that would be a wuvable treat and give players an option to play with their fwends in the same woom. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

they definitely should be more flexible this time and also allow all online content to be accessible/unlockable/buyable in Extra Mode (or at least the missions, rares and clothes on the disc) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

A2K
Jun 19, 2007, 12:35 AM
This isn't the first time I've seen this asked, but all signs point to no. The PS2 barely supports 1 player, much less more than one; no reason to bother with it for the PC version. It's feasible with the 360 version but again highly unlikely as Sonic Team is mostly likely throwing its development weight behind where most of its players are: PS2.

Personally, I'd much rather see LAN play than splitscreen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-06-18 22:39 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Jun 19, 2007, 12:38 AM
On 2007-06-18 22:31, Saner wrote:
that would be a wuvable treat and give players an option to play with their fwends in the same woom. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

they definitely should be more flexible this time and also allow all online content to be accessible/unlockable/buyable in Extra Mode (or at least the missions, rares and clothes on the disc) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have been asking for this since the game released.We can only hope but i wouldnt count on it.

________
Ford puma (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Puma)

McLaughlin
Jun 19, 2007, 12:47 AM
PS2 can't (from what I've heard from this board) render the game once, let alone four times. So, just like with this one, no.

4 player splitscreen is too crowded anyway.

EDIT: Adding all the content from Online to Offline would provide no incentive for people to play online. It's a bad marketing decision and it won't happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-06-18 22:50 ]</font>

Kion
Jun 19, 2007, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't count on extra mode, but you could do a mock up split screen online. Get a router and goto someone's house. Set up your ps2's/pc's, pick an empty server and party away.
TV's are up to you, but if you have a high def tv, classic split screen is possible. Most I've seen have several AV inputs and even VGA, so hooking up several ps2's and a computer shouldn't be a problem (some computers have AV output too). My friend's TV had an option where you could split the TV bewteen multiple inputs. You could stack your systems and split the screen in four to enjoy classic pso sytle.

It's do-able, just be creative.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-06-18 23:05 ]</font>

xjustsumloser
Jun 19, 2007, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't count on it, though I'd love to see it though. But with PS2 being a crutch, lack of incentive from sonic team most likely, and the 360 version being download content; I would say the odds are stacked against us.

Inazuma
Jun 19, 2007, 01:35 AM
split screen is so horrible. the game already has internet play, which lets everyone use their own screen.

mvffin
Jun 19, 2007, 02:26 AM
I dont know why, but I couldn't get it to work with 3 ppl in the same room. whenever the third person tried to join the party, it would say "you cannot join this party at this time" something like that. we tried every possible joining order and leaders, and it still wouldnt work.

D1ABOLIK
Jun 19, 2007, 02:42 AM
On 2007-06-18 23:35, Inazuma wrote:
split screen is so horrible. the game already has internet play, which lets everyone use their own screen.

But why should i be able to play with a person 2000 miles away and not with my roomate?

________
OG KUSH MARIJUANA (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/og-kush)

D1ABOLIK
Jun 19, 2007, 02:49 AM
On 2007-06-18 22:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

EDIT: Adding all the content from Online to Offline would provide no incentive for people to play online. It's a bad marketing decision and it won't happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-06-18 22:50 ]</font>
Disagree.Some people play the story mode and extra mode before signing up for a guardians license and base their decision on whether or not to get one off of there experiences with the game in story mode and extra mode.Besides have you played extra mode.Maybe 10% of the missions online has.I understand you would want more in online mode to attract the masses but for god sakes have some balance to the game.

________
Rolling a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

Kufell
Jun 19, 2007, 07:13 AM
I dont think they'll release a 4 players on one console, but I would like to hope that when they've released all the addon's, etc and consider the game finished, that they'll release a completed offline equivilant to online, with system link support included.

Akaimizu
Jun 19, 2007, 09:16 AM
I doubt it only because even last time (PSO), they waited until the more powerful next gen hardware to attempt a split-screen for the Xbox and Gamecube. Even then, they simplified the technique casting graphics in order to keep frame rates up with the split screen.

Too bad noone who didn't play the Dreamcast version, got to see the Rafoie the way it originally looked.

Of course, today, Splitscreen works a heck of a lot better given our widescreen options, as of today. Of course, the bad part is that it takes away from their online play. I'd hate to see what the population would drop down to if the split-screen option was given. I personally know people who never bothered with online, on the Xbox and GC versions, for that very reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-19 07:19 ]</font>

jayster
Jun 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
If anything else, I wish so bad that they'd atleast give us an option were they made an offline online mode, you play split screen or by yourself and everything carries over. So that way you can play with friends if you want. I would think this would make it like the split screen multiplayer for PSO without the memory cards.

xjustsumloser
Jun 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
I loved playing split screen on PSOX, I did that with my 3 friends more than I ever did online. I just stuck with Dreamcastv2 for online and PSOX for offline. I even bought PSO+ for my GC so we could do EP2 challenge mode offline. Yea the graphics and slowdowns can be irritating, but sitting there with 3 friends in a room having a drink and some junk food is all sorts of fun.

amtalx
Jun 19, 2007, 11:37 AM
Unless they plan on rebuilding the engine I would say no.

McLaughlin
Jun 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-06-19 08:37, jayster wrote:
If anything else, I wish so bad that they'd atleast give us an option were they made an offline online mode, you play split screen or by yourself and everything carries over. So that way you can play with friends if you want. I would think this would make it like the split screen multiplayer for PSO without the memory cards.

Do you want the hackers to come back? That's an invitation saying "WE REALLY DON'T CARE ANYMORE! COME ON OVER!" It's the reason they took that out of the game in the first place.

LOL I'M OFFLINE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING, NOR CAN YOU CONTROL IT!!!"

People are turned off by the fee. Now, imagine what happens when they find out that ALL the content is also Offline. People think "what the hell? I'm not paying for online if I can do everything offline. That's stupid."

It won't happen.

And yes Akaimizu, all the Gamecube/Xbox Forces were robbed of the original Rafoie. *drool*

Niered
Jun 19, 2007, 11:46 AM
The chances of there ever being split screen in PSU? Well, since PS2 obviously cant support it, PC games never get splitscreen, and its doubtful Sonic Team would make a feature that big SOLELY for the 360...

No.

Stefanhizzle
Jun 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
ME and my friend almost returned it when we found out it didnt!!

but then we played on-line mode.. and everything was good

Kent
Jun 19, 2007, 12:14 PM
Well, let's see...

PS2 can barely handle one player. It couldn't process split-screen well.

Xbox 360 has to handle bad emulation of an already badly-programmed PS2 game, so it won't be able to. Though, if it were optimized from the ground up to be a 360 game, it could easily do four-players.

PC, well, if you can get a PC from the future that can handle it, then maybe.

In other words: Not gonna happen.

KidoKresh
Jun 19, 2007, 03:56 PM
I wish that PSU was at least 2 player co-op that way me and my bro could play this game together. ;.;

Sexy_Raine
Jun 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
I truly doubt it.

Serephim
Jun 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-06-18 22:35, A2K wrote:
Sonic Team is mostly likely throwing its development weight behind where most of its players are: PS2.

L O L

D1ABOLIK
Jun 20, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:38, Serephim wrote:

Sonic Team is mostly likely throwing its development weight behind where most of its players are: PS2.

L O L

Most of its players are on 360.The xbox servers almost double PC and PS2 combined.

________
308 gtb (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_308_GTB)

Calibur
Jun 20, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:41, D1ABOLIK wrote:

On 2007-06-20 13:38, Serephim wrote:

L O L

Most of its players are on 360.The xbox servers almost double PC and PS2 combined.

A2K is right most players come from the ps2...since most of the Japanese gamers use the ps2 for PSU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2007-06-20 15:20 ]</font>

SaiSpagS
Jun 20, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-06-18 23:35, Inazuma wrote:

You have no friends.

I hate the new generation that seems to think sitting at home by yourself and voice chatting to your mate whilst playing Halo 2 is sociable.

4 Players in a room, beers and snacks going round, and a hardcore night of split-screen Timesplitters is where it's at.

I very dislike the new trend or having no split-screen. The new Colin McRae has no splitscreen AT ALL (or so says the review I read). Where would Goldeneye be without split-screen? Perfect Dark? Just regular games in a sea of other regular games. Not the gaming legends they are due to their immense multiplayer appeal.

Bring back split-screen!

((This post does not relate to PSU, PSU split screen would only work on 360, and it wouldn't be effective on our console anyway due to everybody saving on HDDs, so basically: No))

Kion
Jun 20, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-06-20 15:38, SaiSpagS wrote:

I hate the new generation that seems to think sitting at home by yourself and voice chatting to your mate whilst playing Halo 2 is sociable.

not to mention my space, tagged and youtube. the kids at my school stopped going to each other's houses, they ran home and posted on each other's blogs and did webcasts in their room.

Split screen was alot of fun going to each other's houses and stuff, but it doesn't compare to the player base of online. I started playing pso with my friends in middle school. We would pass the disk and gc's around our circle of friends to hunt individually and get together pretty often to play as a party. Once one or two kids got bored of it; that was the end of our pso group.

Personal story aside; don't expect mmo's to start coming out with split screen. It's supposed to have massive numbers of players online (duh..). If you want to play a game with your friends in the same room, get a wii.

D1ABOLIK
Jun 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-06-20 16:32, Kion wrote:

On 2007-06-20 15:38, SaiSpagS wrote:

not to mention my space, tagged and youtube. the kids at my school stopped going to each other's houses, they ran home and posted on each other's blogs and did webcasts in their room.

Split screen was alot of fun going to each other's houses and stuff, but it doesn't compare to the player base of online. I started playing pso with my friends in middle school. We would pass the disk and gc's around our circle of friends to hunt individually and get together pretty often to play as a party. Once one or two kids got bored of it; that was the end of our pso group.

Personal story aside; don't expect mmo's to start coming out with split screen. It's supposed to have massive numbers of players online (duh..). If you want to play a game with your friends in the same room, get a wii.

Already planned it.Buying a Wii and using my PSO plus disc on it and sellin my copy of PSU for my 360.

________
Scientology Advice (http://www.religionboard.org/scientology/)