PDA

View Full Version : valley of carnage

darthplagis
Jun 19, 2007, 07:14 AM
hey guys,

so i spent most of my 3 star holy light day (a day or so ago) doing VoC on C (im only lvl 20) and i never got the jaggo once, im sure i got the map as i got the 5X vanda after the kog nads (hehehe) are they supposed to spawn after the vanda king or before?

im gonna be spamming VoC for a while to get me a pouyoment aura so any extra tips would be very cool.

thanks in advance

Kaloa
Jun 19, 2007, 09:43 AM
After the gate you fight kog nads, then a group of vanda's, followed by the jao's. The Jao's will appear before the king Vanda and his group appears.

You probably miscounted. Are you sure you got a spawn of 5 vanda's at once?

Normal map:
*Initial spawn of x4 vanda's after killing the kog nads after the gate.
*1 additional vanda will appear after you kill the other 4, for a total of 5.
*Lapucha's will then follow.
Rare map:
*Initial spawn of x5 vanda's after killing the kog nads after the gate.
*Additional vanda's will spawn each time you kill one.
*Jao's will follow after you kill the whole group of vanda's.

ayrista
Jun 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
its alot quicker to find rare maps on system defense using the guide on psupedia.
the first block is only a couple quick rooms, and you know if its a rare map on the first part of the second block.

One map isnt listed yet, but you can use the two shown and find one quicker.

I did that before work the other day and found 3 jao within 30 mins. ( i prob got a little lucky on that tho)

I heard mine defense was also eaiser

Umberger
Jun 19, 2007, 12:46 PM
Just a note, luck doesn't affect how often rare maps appear.

darthplagis
Jun 19, 2007, 02:40 PM
thanks guys, i have been doing the hive so i havent been able to do moatoob,

and yes i DEFINATLY got 5 vanda, i remember cos i was jumping up and down......then more vanda and lapucha spawned

i'll try again later tonight.

Kaloa
Jun 19, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-06-19 10:42, ayrista wrote:
its alot quicker to find rare maps on system defense using the guide on psupedia.
the first block is only a couple quick rooms, and you know if its a rare map on the first part of the second block.

One map isnt listed yet, but you can use the two shown and find one quicker.

I did that before work the other day and found 3 jao within 30 mins. ( i prob got a little lucky on that tho)

I heard mine defense was also eaiser

Mine defense is insanely easy. There's alot you can skip, and you know by the beginning of the second block if you have a rare spawn or not.

Even better though is that if you get a rare spawn, you can skip virtually everything and run straight to the Jao's at the boxes at the end of the block. There's only one small group of vanda's you have to kill along the way.

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 19, 2007, 03:18 PM
Wow..I didn't know about some of this. I'll have to try this out in a moment and see if I have a better chance of finding the Jaggos, since..well..VoC just isn't cutting it anymore.

I found Jaggos ONCE out of maybe 30 or 50 times of cycling through the maps, so..if this proves to be a bit better than that..not to MENTION..I don't have to go all the way to the final room to find out, I'll definitely like this map more :3

Thanks for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 19, 2007, 03:32 PM
Or maybe I WON'T try that today....*loud groan*

my license just expired -_-'.......

oh well..I'll try this when I get it back up and running, so..thanks again for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

darthplagis
Jun 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
in reply to my last post just did VoC again, got the 2 kognads, then the 5 vanda, then more vanda, and vanda king. No bloody jaggos! Damnit!

Kaloa
Jun 19, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-06-19 14:19, darthplagis wrote:
in reply to my last post just did VoC again, got the 2 kognads, then the 5 vanda, then more vanda, and vanda king. No bloody jaggos! Damnit!

Well, are you sure you're getting the FIRST block right?

Because I know a spawn of 5 vanda's after the kog nadds after the gate in block two equals a rare spawn on a correct map variation. I've done hundreds of runs there and I've gotten lots of Jao's.

Are you fighting lapuchas in the 2nd block? lapucha = no jao's. If you want to disagree about how many vanda's spawn after the kog nadd then okay, but if lapucha's are spawning after you kill that group of "5" vanda's, then you can just go ahead and quit right then because that means there won't be any jaos. Jao's would take the place of those lapuchas.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 19, 2007, 05:01 PM
she also could be reading block 1 info wrong. it took me a while to understand the Vanda and Jisharga1+1 was NOT through the door on the rigth, but rather up the hill. (and you don't have to fight them)

darthplagis
Jun 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
both runs i had the multiple jishgara 1st spawn (run C-X 3x jishgara), the run i did earlier i ran through the vanda B4 i even hit any to count and i definatly had 5 then they just kept spawning till the king vanda.

i must just be destined NOT to get them.

Deus-Irae
Jun 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
was it 5 right away, or was it 4 then you killed some and 1 more showed up?

it has to be a group of 5 all spawn immediatly after the 2 Kod Nag.

darthplagis
Jun 19, 2007, 08:48 PM
yep i killed the kog nads, then i deliberatly ran into the vanda crowd to count them. there were 5.

im just being picked on by SEGA im sure.

Kaloa
Jun 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-06-19 18:48, darthplagis wrote:
yep i killed the kog nads, then i deliberatly ran into the vanda crowd to count them. there were 5.

im just being picked on by SEGA im sure.

Well, then I guess 5 vanda's is wrong in your version of PSU and you should quit every time you get them from now on.

KidoKresh
Jun 19, 2007, 10:32 PM
I've been doing the Jaggo Runs on Crimson Beast i tried doing System Defence S & A and i never got jaggo once ;.;