PDA

View Full Version : A couple Questions....

Cloudkiller
Jun 19, 2007, 04:32 PM
First, I just got a new computer which runs PSU fine in full screen 1024 resolution. Then I got a new 20" wide screen monitor that supports 1680X1040 but PSU doesn't give me the options for that. Is there a way I can play the game in the resolution I want or no? Also, since I cant play in the 1680 resolution i use windowed mode and every now and then I'll get a ton of slowdown. Then out of no where it would just go away and back to normal. I know its not the graphics settings because it doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing, it just happens completely randomly. If anyone could help me with this it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DurakkenX
Jun 19, 2007, 04:51 PM
well it could be your RAM, video card, or CPU...I bet it's your video card not being able to handle the monitor's resolution.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 19, 2007, 07:52 PM
You on Windows Vista?

McLaughlin
Jun 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
I think PSU's max resolution is 1024 by 748 (I probably got that wrong, but I've never been good at resolutions). There may be a way to force the game into the resolution you want, but it'll be stretched to hell.

Does the slowdown only effect PSU? If so, it's just a side effect of lazy programming on Sega's end. If not, I dunno.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-06-19 18:02 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 19, 2007, 08:08 PM
Last I checked, PSU on PC doesn't support widescreen resolutions.

As for the lag on windowed mode, I think there's a frameskip option somewhere that may improve your performance. I'm not very familiar with the PC version though, so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.