PDA

View Full Version : Best General Use Earth Spell

Kimil
Jun 19, 2007, 04:55 PM
What is the best Earth spell in your opinion? I ask because I only have room for 4 Attack techs =/

Right now I have...
Foie <-- Keeping, SE3 Burns will be nice in AoI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Diga <-- Too much like Foie minus the SE...
Dambarta <-- Replacing with Regrant
Gizonde <-- May switch for a better Gi Spell

DEM_CIG
Jun 19, 2007, 04:58 PM
Diga if ur just talkin about general use... its powerful and it uses little pp.

A2K
Jun 19, 2007, 05:03 PM
What's the with the extra U's?

If you only had room for one earth elemental TECHNIC, I'd make it either Diga or Nosdiga. Nosdiga is quite a bit easier to aim from a distance--the catch is that it costs a hell of a lot more PP to actually use. Regular Diga is better than Foie in situations where the monster can't actually be burned, such as boss battles (except for, of course, Dimmagolus)..

McLaughlin
Jun 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
I'd say dump Foie and keep Diga (get a Fire Bow bullet for SE4 instead) and then take Nosdiga.

A2K
Jun 19, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-06-19 15:18, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I'd say dump Foie and keep Diga (get a Fire Bow bullet for SE4 instead) and then take Nosdiga.

He's a Wartecher, though, isn't he? That bow bullet isn't coming anywhere close to SE4. Well, close, but... not beyond LV20, if I recall correctly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-06-19 15:24 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Jun 19, 2007, 05:23 PM
Nosdiga.

JAFO22000
Jun 19, 2007, 05:26 PM
I don't think there is a "best". It all depends on what you are looking for:

A tech which causes a lot of damage to one creature at a time? ~Diga

A tech which causes decent damage to three creatures, but no SE to speak of? ~Radiga

A tech which causes good damage to 6 creatures close to you, but again, no SE to speak of? ~ Gidiga

A tech which causes average damage to creatures in front of you, with stagger and a (semi-useless!) SE? ~ Damdiga

A tech which tracks along the ground, causes good damage and a possible sleep SE, but costs a lot to cast and takes time to hit? ~ Nosdiga.

I think you're a Wartecher, right? If you're looking for a good earth tech for this class, I would go with Gidiga or Diga, possibly Radiga.

I don't think Nosdiga will be good for you; it takes too long to cast, costs to much to cast and, at level 20, will only get two "snakes" at a time. Diga would be a better option for you in this case as it will do pretty much the same damage at 20, cost lest to cast and take less of your time to cast. Plus, you can use Diga on flying enemies as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-06-19 15:30 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jun 19, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-06-19 15:23, A2K wrote:

On 2007-06-19 15:18, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

He's a Wartecher, though, isn't he? That bow bullet isn't coming anywhere close to SE4. Well, close, but... not beyond LV20, if I recall correctly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-06-19 15:24 ]</font>

Ah, so he is. But that means he only has Lv 10 Bullets.

I'd still say dump keep Foie (unless Wartecher gets Lv 20 Skills, Bullets AND Techs >_>) and go Diga and Gidiga. Burn is a Ranger's job anyway, and with only Lv 20 Techs you won't get the third "snake" in Nosdiga.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-06-19 15:42 ]</font>

PJ
Jun 19, 2007, 05:43 PM
Aren't Wartechers getting level 30 attack techs in AoI?

So the burn on that is probably more useful than Diga in that instance.

I'd personally say Gidiga, but that's only cause I like Gidiga

Garnet_Moon
Jun 19, 2007, 05:52 PM
Diga - 9pp

Does 1,000 to 1,200 to normal enemies without a crit.
Does 1,500 to 2,000 to electric enemies without a crit.

That said, you're a fool if you get rid of Diga.

EDIT: The damage on Diga is reliable on all mobs. Since a good number of mobs are fire, your damage will suck and Burn 3 takes forever to proc on my Foie lv30. Sure, it sometime sticks on the first cast, but 90% of the time it procs just as the mob dies.

Leave the SE's to the people who can do it reliably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-06-19 15:56 ]</font>

Kimil
Jun 19, 2007, 06:35 PM
Oh, I ment in terms of AoI stats

So...
lvl 30 Melee
lvl 20 Bullets ( so SE3 with Bows... maybe I shuld just drop Foie for a Fire Bow? )
lvl 30 Attack Techs
lvl 20 Support Techs (in bigger Parties, only good for Resta/Reverser/Giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif makes me sad haha)

Hmm, I currently have the Dark bow but I find it useless T_T, So I think I will just the Fire bow and drop Foie (not right now)

So... Attack techs...

Diga
Regrant
Gizonde
... hmm, leaves a space http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-19 16:39 ]</font>

DaRkWoLf30
Jun 19, 2007, 06:39 PM
Nosdiga is defiantly the best one, I'm surprised not many use it, It's homing and does lots of damage.

A2K
Jun 19, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-06-19 15:52, Garnet_Moon wrote:
The damage on Diga is reliable on all mobs. Since a good number of mobs are fire, your damage will suck and Burn 3 takes forever to proc on my Foie lv30. Sure, it sometime sticks on the first cast, but 90% of the time it procs just as the mob dies.

Foie LV30 has Burn LV4, not LV3. You typically want to use a single-hit attack technic on something large with a lot of HP to begin with--not when you're getting swarmed by small and medium creatures. I think it's worth the lesser damage on individual hits for the chance burn off a good chunk of its HP. For smaller creatures a multiple-hitting tech is best.

Kimil
Jun 19, 2007, 07:39 PM
LVL 4 BURN?!

Okay, I'm keeping Foie, but Diga too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Multi hit -> Regrant and Gizaonde

Garnet_Moon
Jun 19, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-06-19 17:39, Kimil wrote:
LVL 4 BURN?!

Okay, I'm keeping Foie, but Diga too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Multi hit -> Regrant and Gizaonde

Have fun waiting for Foie's Burn to proc, as slow as it is cast compared to a gun. Really. Have fun with that... *sets Foie aside except for Jishagara and other ice mobs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-06-19 17:43 ]</font>

Mewnie
Jun 19, 2007, 10:17 PM
as a beast WT too, I went with Foie, Damubarta, Razonde and Nosudiga.

I figured, since I'm a beast, teching isn't exactly the strongest suite my WT, so I went with techs that had nice SE to go along with them.

Razonde is kinda meh, though. Maybe Nosuzonde? Or just plain Zonde...

Or just skip the attack techs and stick to bows X3