PDA

View Full Version : Beasts should have a little Higher TP

Kimil
Jun 19, 2007, 11:51 PM
As I was doing the calculations for Regrant... I found that I'd always do around 63%-75% The damage of a Newman of the sam level/class/equipment.

Now, why does this bug me? Newmans can do the job of hunter reasonably well... even though they have the lowest ATP... yet Beasts are 3rd in line for TP and they still are horrid...

Newman Female Fortefighter 80/10 - 624.64 Base ATP
Beast Female Fortefighter 80/10 (Race bonus)- 862.6176 Base ATP
Difference = 237.9776 ATP
% Gap = 72.4%

9*Axe, HPC, level 30 Shifta

Newman Female Fortefighter 80/10 - 2434.368 ATP
Beast Female Fortefighter 80/10 - 2680.128 ATP
Difference = 245.76 ATP
% Gap = 91% (WTF IS THIS SHIT HERE?!, 91%! thats BS!)

150% ATP mod for Redda lvl 30
Newman Female Fortefighter 80/10 - 3651.552 ATP
Beast Female Fortefighter 80/10 - 4020.192 ATP
Difference = 368.64 ATP
% Gap = 91% (I'm still mad about this...)

... Female Newmans... lowest posible ATP... has 91% of the ATP that a femBeast has while they use the same axe...... And I bet the Newm ACC makes them hit more often too.
Wtf.. I'm pissed sega, you let Newmans be gods at fT, great at fG, and good at fF... yet... Beasts get pumulled in their own Forteclass because of their ACC... and they can't survive as a fT,with a mear 62% TP of a newm (even though beasts have the 3rd highest racial TP), while a Newman can pull off 91% ATP of a beast while they use the same axe... even though Newms have the lowest ATP, WTF is this T_T

Give Beasts more TP >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-19 21:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-19 21:54 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2007, 11:54 PM
Try those again with twin claws. I'm interested in the results.

Kimil
Jun 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
They are lower ATP right? The ATP will be closer to 75% rather than 91% for sure T_T I hate you sega, BALANCE!

-Tidus_415-
Jun 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
If you add a Hard / Power Charge it closes that gap. Thats what I do and most of the time I end up outdamaging Beast Fighgunners. (Im a Newman Fighgunner)

Kimil
Jun 19, 2007, 11:59 PM
Thats fine and all, people who have high equip should be able to do something like that... Yet,
If I were to have a Sori/Tech Charge with my W'Gcros+10 and Yamata Senba... 835 TP total I think, I STILL wouldn't match up to a newm in the slightest sense because of the retarded TP diference between the races. Yet, Newms can match up in ATP... I hate this

V
Jun 19, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-06-19 21:55, -Tidus_415- wrote:
If you add a Hard / Power Charge it closes that gap. Thats what I do and most of the time I end up outdamaging Beast Fighgunners. (Im a Newman Fighgunner)

He did thats what HPC stands for.

-Tidus_415-
Jun 20, 2007, 12:01 AM
OOoo I didnt see that HPC with LV30 Shifta part >_>

Omega_Weltall
Jun 20, 2007, 12:05 AM
hell i may just try a Newman FF then

CelestialBlade
Jun 20, 2007, 12:07 AM
Looking at the Mission Rewards and such, I think it's clear that ST doesn't know what the word "balance" means.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 20, 2007, 12:12 AM
Who the hell cares?

VanHalen
Jun 20, 2007, 12:12 AM
Horray for being a Newman FF a male one at that.

Do you have the difference between a Beast's tech damage and a Newman's tech damage? I think the difference between the TP of a Beast AT and Newman AT is not that high, I need to go recheck.

Kimil
Jun 20, 2007, 12:14 AM
On 2007-06-19 22:12, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Who the hell cares?

Obviously I do

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 20, 2007, 12:16 AM
Of all the balance issues of PSU, this is among the smallest.

How about turning your number-crunching to the vastly overpowered GT and PT of AoI? Now there's a valid balance complaint.

Kimil
Jun 20, 2007, 12:17 AM
I will later, but for now this is bugging me, and Math exam stresses >_< Everything is numbers at T_T

Scion
Jun 20, 2007, 12:19 AM
So much number crunching!

You and your regrant, Kimil. LOL. The JP don't even have this yet (I'm wondering when they will though, because I am pretty anxious for it).

Rain's going to be happy when he sees this.

Oh, and while you're at it...can you look up the difference between Cast TP and Newman TP with equipment and such? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm waiting for the fires, really (surprised that this thing hasn't gone completely to Hell yet, but whatev, lol). ;D

Cheer up, Kimil. Beasts still rock. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GreenArcher
Jun 20, 2007, 12:20 AM
Newmans do not have a special ability, I guess their stats make up for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F Newman Fortetechers are overpowered anyway, you'll be doing good damage as a properly set up Fortetecher no matter what race you are, I can tell you that from experiences on my caseal.

KiteWolfwood
Jun 20, 2007, 12:21 AM
It is because Newmens are genetically engineered beings superior to humans in intelligence and spiritual/magical aptitude while beasts are just measly miners engineered to withstand the harsh climate of the planet Moatoob and the harsh conditions one encounters while doing physical labor such as mining.

Kimil
Jun 20, 2007, 12:25 AM
Heh, I would, but I need to sleep early tonight T_T
A quick check shows 50% at base level ( the equipment doesn't change this very much)

Lol... Lowest to Highest ATP
Newm-Beast 91% with Axe >_<
Lowest to highest TP?
Cast-Newm ~50%...

91%... tp 50% >_< Sega can't balance at all, but that's it for the night, later >_<

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 12:29 AM
Let's just make everyone have the exact same stats because clearly all 4 races should just be palette swaps of each other because they all get the same classes.

Face it: ST loved Newearls in PSO, and they love Newman F's in PSU. They ain't gonna balance anybody to match their resourcefulness or sex appeal for their elf fetish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-06-19 22:31 ]</font>

KamiSori
Jun 20, 2007, 12:32 AM
huh i never new newmans could make decent fortefighters. i completely agree with you that beast FF accuracy is extremely gimped.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 12:35 AM
I thought it was kind of funny that, when we got the expert jobs, my Newman FG wad doing exactly the same as the Beast and CAST FG's also. The damage difference was only about 10-20 per strike. My 80-90 to their 90-100.

Eeyore
Jun 20, 2007, 12:44 AM
On 2007-06-19 22:25, Kimil wrote:
Heh, I would, but I need to sleep early tonight T_T
A quick check shows 50% at base level ( the equipment doesn't change this very much)

Lol... Lowest to Highest ATP
Newm-Beast 91% with Axe >_<
Lowest to highest TP?
Cast-Newm ~50%...

91%... tp 50% >_< Sega can't balance at all, but that's it for the night, later >_<

It is probably to balance out that ATP is overpowered. ATP improves bullets and melee. However TP only improves techs, and techs are the only PAs that have some that do not improve with any stat.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
If it makes you feel better, you furries can survive half a hit more than us newmans...

Zorafim
Jun 20, 2007, 12:53 AM
On 2007-06-19 22:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Let's just make everyone have the exact same stats because clearly all 4 races should just be palette swaps of each other because they all get the same classes.

Erm, yeah. Just kinda.
It doesn't make sense to me that one race is better than another, because they say so. Why should being a hulk make someone better with a claw than a ninja? Why does having biomonster DNA as opposed to animal DNA make one a better magician?

Why not balance all the races so that they can all be comparable in all jobs? Can't newmen be agile hunters, while beasts be power packed rangers? And the only rule that casts can't use techs well was made in PSO, for balance issues. They managed well before (even if their techs came in different forms in PSIV, they were still decent techers in PSIII). Why give us the ability to change jobs easily, and the ability to max jobs so easily, if we'll just be stuck doing the only job ST decided our race can do?

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 12:56 AM
On 2007-06-19 22:53, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-06-19 22:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me that one race is better than another, because they say so.

It doesn't have to make sense. It's the way it is because they say so.

AweOfShe
Jun 20, 2007, 12:56 AM
I'm not big on bringing PSO stuff into PSU, but I say just bring in Stat Materials again, so we can customize the stats to what we want, on top of the Class mods that they give us already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

...Just a thought. >.>

EDIT:

On 2007-06-19 22:19, Hikaru-san wrote:
Rain's going to be happy when he sees this.

You know it! Like I've said since the beginning. The concept of being "gimp" in this game, is total utter BS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-06-19 22:58 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 20, 2007, 12:59 AM
we'll just be stuck doing the only job ST decided our race can do?

Let's see...

Cast: Statistically the best class for everything except Fortecher. Ya, rly.

Beast: Does Fortefighter, Figunner, Wartecher, Fortegunner, and Protranser well.

Newman: Wins at Fortecher, does well at Wartecher and Guntecher, and does ok at everything else.

Human: Does ok at everything.

Looks balanced enough to me. Then again, I think classes are far more unbalanced than races, so whatever.

VanHalen
Jun 20, 2007, 01:00 AM
On 2007-06-19 22:56, AweOfShe wrote:
I'm not big on bringing PSO stuff into PSU, but I say just bring in Stat Materials again, so we can customize the stats to what we want, on top of the Class mods that they give us already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

...Just a thought. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-06-19 22:58 ]</font>

Actually, I can be accused of saying this also ._..

I feel sometimes are stats are too dictated, I don't care if we don't have mags since that would be super broken.

Soukosa
Jun 20, 2007, 02:10 AM
I did say in another thread that casts and beasts got special abilities while newmans and humans didn't to compensate for their lower TP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-06-19 22:07, Typheros wrote:
Looking at the Mission Rewards and such, I think it's clear that ST doesn't know what the word "balance" means.

If you look purely at one aspect of rewards then yes, it is inbalanced. However, if you look at the whole thing, it isn't that bad. Higher end reward missions tend to be more lacking in rares and/or exp.

This also applies to enemies in some cases. A Delsaban and a Sendillan have the same HP and exp reward, yet the Delsaban is much easier to kill. Unbalanced? Not when you realize that the Sendillan drops alot more meseta than a Delsaban.

Though with the missions, there is some inbalance issues now due to fragmentation. They merely keep adding in new missions with better incentive to play them, while older ones start to get left in the dust.

Why not balance all the races so that they can all be comparable in all jobs? Can't newmen be agile hunters, while beasts be power packed rangers?

And they can't right now? Newmans would essentially give up strength for more agility. Beasts would give up some accuracy for power. A beast FG has more ATA than a human GT afterall.

On 2007-06-19 22:59, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Cast: Statistically the best class for everything except Fortecher. Ya, rly.

Assuming you don't want to get the most out of them all. WT can make good use of techs, but not so much on a cast. GT can help support, but not so much when your Resta is weaker than a monomate. You then go into the neglected stats like EVP. Sure I could hit with a lot more umph if I played a cast GT instead of a newman one, but the newman EVP greatly makes up for that being the defensive whore that I tend to be. Taking no damage (and even SEs, etc) is much greater than slightly more reduced damage.

Arika
Jun 20, 2007, 02:32 AM
if beast request for more Tp
newman will ask for more atp

in this game, the more you play the deeper you understand how is it balance.
I think ST did a very good job

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-06-20 00:36 ]</font>

pikachief
Jun 20, 2007, 03:13 AM
no matter what sega does or wat u say i sstill think all newmans are worthless http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eleina
Jun 20, 2007, 04:58 AM
Don't forget that beast don't just have atp over newmans they also have better hp/dfp...

Kimil
Jun 20, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-06-20 02:58, Eleina wrote:
Don't forget that beast don't just have atp over newmans they also have better hp/dfp...

But Newmans have ATA and EVA over beasts, and they ARE useful stats.

panzer_unit
Jun 20, 2007, 10:08 AM
Kimil you're just really bad at min-maxing characters. Don't freak out at ST.

Axes let weak fighters can make up for their poor ATP... that's their whole purpose. Multi-hit stuff is where it's at for beasts. Look at knuckles or twin claws for fortefighter. You're making the most use out of your ATP advantage with those vs other races. Beasts are also way more damaging than any other fighter with a handgun, which is Fortefighter's best/only option against melee-resistant stuff.

If there's a problem it's with tech classes. Where are the factors that make beasts and casts good at fT, like axes do for newman fF? They can wear better armor and have better HP, I don't know how much that counts for. It's all about stacking enough bonuses from equipment to make base stats statistically insignificant.
Maybe tech charge and a 9* rod with grinds... ? but there's no massive TP weapon that makes up for like 80% of the difference between casts and newms. EDIT: maybe Baji-Senba and Bajura when it comes out? Can newman FT's even wear that armor?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-06-20 09:26 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jun 20, 2007, 10:14 AM
yeah because massive amounts of hp is totally useless...

XDeviousX
Jun 20, 2007, 10:14 AM
Newman Fortetechers are simply over-powered! High mst, tp, and evd! For everyone that thinks evd is useless, I have armor with the highest evd stats and the mega wall and I can stand close to a horde, let loose with a tech and most of the time I'll evade their hits and my tech still goes off!! Evade only cancles physical attacks but not techs. Even when I don't evade and get knocked down my techs go off, as long as I started the casting action... This is extremely cracked! Beast and cast defense won't allow bullets or photon arts to complete if they're knocked on their @$$, but newman forces can cast and be safe from a lot of physical attacks, and techs! I've evade megid, fire, and even ice. My only complaint is that ST didn't have even half of the forces spells when PSU came out or my newman force would be my main and not my beast fighgunner! I might multi my newman into a fighgunner also to share equip and get that 3% newman fighgunner bonus to stats... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Golto
Jun 20, 2007, 10:20 AM
Get over it, Newmans are the uber magic users. Beasts aren't meant to be equal to Newmans in tech damage. They wanted to give some variety in the races.

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 10:21 AM
On 2007-06-19 22:45, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If it makes you feel better, you furries can survive half a hit more than us newmans...

Very true, But we miss like no tomarrow as FF.
..."furries?" *slams head on desk*

XDeviousX
Jun 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-06-20 08:20, Golto wrote:
Get over it, Newmans are the uber magic users. Beasts aren't meant to be equal to Newmans in tech damage. They wanted to give some variety in the races.

I think the point is: No other race is close to being as good at fortetecher as Newmans, but all the hunter and ranger classes have a smaller gap of performance. A newmnan fortefighter has better ata and comparible atp even without units to a beast or cast fortefighter, but a cast or beast fortetecher can only dream of coming close to a newman, even with the right equipment...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-06-20 08:30 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 20, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-06-20 05:46, Kimil wrote:

That's all trumped by the newmans' inability to take more than two hits before dying.

They should make newmans suck at everything. They'd still be the most popular race because gelfling ears make all the nerds happy in their pants.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 11:04 AM
On 2007-06-20 08:21, ShinAnt wrote:

I mean no disrespect by that term. I've got a furry on my character list which is going to be a Protranser(already PT1 at lv12) and Fortefighter(HU5).

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-06-20 09:03, Sekani wrote:
That's all trumped by the newmans' inability to take more than two hits before dying.

Hardly different than a human, in that regard. 2 hits is often my sweet spot of where dying occurs. All that time living, for me, was because I avoided all hits, with perhaps 1 non-critical hit on me before healing. 2-hit combos still suck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 09:08 ]</font>

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-06-20 09:03, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-06-20 05:46, Kimil wrote:

They should make newmans suck at everything. They'd still be the most popular race because gelfling ears make all the nerds happy in their pants.

That still won'c change the fact in "balence" Just gotta get used to the fact that People like elves better than furries....
Which is a law that stands for more things than this game. <.<

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 11:10 AM
On 2007-06-20 09:04, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-06-20 08:21, ShinAnt wrote:

I mean no disrespect by that term. I've got a furry on my character list which is going to be a Protranser(already PT1 at lv12) and Fortefighter(HU5).

Oh no Not at all! Thought is really funny! I'm used to hte furry comment! (*Glances at a certain Yellow CAST*

Sychosis
Jun 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
On 2007-06-20 08:08, panzer_unit wrote:
Kimil you're just really bad at min-maxing characters.

At least one other person realizes it.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
Beasts: Big, furry paw'd, stinky mongrels. Can throw a car through the air easily, but won't hit anything except the floor. And that's a maybe.

CASTs: Living only to protect and serve Humans. Well, until they went all Terminator on everyone and became their own people. They optimize their attributes akin to their kind by lowering their strength to be accurate; never straining themselves and ending up with the horrendous accuracy of the furries, but at the same time never reaching their damage potential.

Humans: The creators of the other races because they where too lazy to do the work themselves. Beasts for labor, CASTs for servitude as loli andromaids, and Newmans for cosplay fetish models and shrine maidens. Sadly, all this effort and all the years of "the easy life" with their servants has left them fairly weak. They ca barely manage to swing a Sword twice their size; barely manage to hit anything that isn't within melee striking distance; and can't conjure up potent spells like their fetish models; but they also are too stubborn to sit back and let everyone else do the work anymore. Call it pride, call it foolishness. The Humans aren't going anywhere, and they certainly aren't going to legalize steroids to help them in this quest for honor and self sustainment.

Newmans: The soft spoken fetish models. While everyone is busy fapping to their centerfolds, these spunky babes are reading away at books and training in the use of techs to strengthen current magic, and learn new and potentially more deadly ones. Though physically frail, they can easily keep up with anyone; regardless of their class, and not suck at it. Sometimes doing better than humans. Their TAP is second to none, and damned near over 9,000; Their MST puts casting mobs to shame while everyone else in the party is dying; their ATP and deadliness laughably approaches that of the Beasts from behind; and their Accuracy can meet and exceed even the optical eyes of the CAST. Magical contact lenses? Hel yeh.

ThEoRy
Jun 20, 2007, 11:24 AM
As I sit back and take in all the nanostat comparisons this post brings up it really just makes me think of these few questions.

Are you a beast/cast/newm/human fighter/gunner/any hybrid in between?

Do you have a ForteTecher in your party?

You do?

Oh well good then we're all balanced AS A TEAM then.
So let's go play off each others strengths in this team based game then shall we?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-06-20 09:33 ]</font>

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-06-20 09:22, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Beasts: Big, furry paw'd, stinky mongrels. Can throw a car through the air easily, but won't hit anything except the floor. And that's a maybe.

CASTs: Living only to protect and serve Humans. Well, until they went all Terminator on everyone and became their own people. They optimize their attributes akin to their kind by lowering their strength to be accurate; never straining themselves and ending up with the horrendous accuracy of the furries, but at the same time never reaching their damage potential.

Humans: The creators of the other races because they where too lazy to do the work themselves. Beasts for labor, CASTs for servitude as loli andromaids, and Newmans for cosplay fetish models and shrine maidens. Sadly, all this effort and all the years of "the easy life" with their servants has left them fairly weak. They ca barely manage to swing a Sword twice their size; barely manage to hit anything that isn't within melee striking distance; and can't conjure up potent spells like their fetish models; but they also are too stubborn to sit back and let everyone else do the work anymore. Call it pride, call it foolishness. The Humans aren't going anywhere, and they certainly aren't going to legalize steroids to help them in this quest for honor and self sustainment.

Newmans: The soft spoken fetish models. While everyone is busy fapping to their centerfolds, these spunky babes are reading away at books and training in the use of techs to strengthen current magic, and learn new and potentially more deadly ones. Though physically frail, they can easily keep up with anyone; regardless of their class, and not suck at it. Sometimes doing better than humans. Their TAP is second to none, and damned near over 9,000; Their MST puts casting mobs to shame while everyone else in the party is dying; their ATP and deadliness laughably approaches that of the Beasts from behind; and their Accuracy can meet and exceed even the optical eyes of the CAST. Magical contact lenses? Hel yeh.

HAHAHAHAHA You get best post of the day! XD XD XD

chibiLegolas
Jun 20, 2007, 12:06 PM
Beasts can't get a TP increase. That's treding on Human's turf. Humans are already ok in everything and 2nd best as FT. To make beasts be closer to that 2nd best FT status kinda deminishes humans even more. If anything, female newman FT's need a little less TP boost.
But then again, I'm not sure if they're too overpowered to begin with.

Like mentioned on another thread, fem newman FT's only seem powerful cause you see big numbers, but their rate per second isn't godly either.

As Octagon stated already, we're working as a team. So who cares if a race/class combo is/isn't as good as you? You're suppost to get each other's backs. So it's not such a big deal as you make it sound like.

And yes, you might be using the wrong weapons to compare with. Use twin knuckles to see how much the gap is there.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 12:14 PM
I've got a crazy idea. Let's stop comparing numbers and playing the game to be the best and compete, and instead just play to have fun. I know it's a new concept, but I think you guys can handle it.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 20, 2007, 12:28 PM
As it stands, TP is only truly useful for Fortetecher. So you Cast/Beast are complaining that u can't do one class as good as us? Casts outdo us S Rank Cards/Bows. What's up with that? Not to mention they can use support techs equally as good as us besides resta.

Why is TP a useless stat in 4 out of the 7 classes? If anthing, us newman are underpowered outside of force, we don't even get a special. So our best stat is useless. Why is that?
We don't even come anywhere near Cast/Beast for hunter damage, so that is BS. Shifa doesn't close the gap either because they are still doing more damage.

As rangers, with the help of SE's, race stats don't make difference, i'll admit. My Nova closes that gap between a Cast fortegunner by a lot, that them being the best fortegunner isn't that impressive. Plus traps aren't stat based, and never should be. It's payback for support techs being equal for everyone.

Sega make us crap at almost everything except FT, is that fair?

TheLOLBandit
Jun 20, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-06-19 21:54, Zorafim wrote:
Try those again with twin claws. I'm interested in the results.

agreed

Lonzell
Jun 20, 2007, 12:36 PM
Wow, so if Beasts get to get more TP then hell, lets give Humans more ATP while we're at it at the same time too.

Niered
Jun 20, 2007, 12:37 PM

I request that this become the official race description for newmans. NOW.

Kylie
Jun 20, 2007, 12:40 PM
I do think beasts should have more TP because they seem the less versatile of all of the races, but I'm not complaining. Why? Because you're leaving out all the other great factors of being a beast. High ATP, high HP, high EVA, high DFP... It's a little unbalanced, yeah, but I think that's how it was meant to be. If anything was to be done, I'd take some ATA from newmans and some ATP from CASTs rather than giving TP to beasts. To me, I don't think SEGA did a great job at making the boundaries of type racism thicker. People would only get the choice of being average in all classes and being good in only one class if it was up to me...

I like the idea of CASTs not being able to use magic at all in PSO. I think that would be nice to have in PSU, but with all of the races (no range stuff for beasts, no magic for casts, and no combat for newmans). Don't like that because you can't make up your mind? Welcome to the real world. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif You can be a human, but you're sacrificing some of your power.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-20 10:45 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Jun 20, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-06-20 10:37, Niered wrote:

I request that this become the official race description for newmans. NOW.

QFT!

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 20, 2007, 01:12 PM
Know what I think? Every race should have the same ATP and TP (and maybe ATA becuase that Morrowind Effect shit is just plain stupid), but with dfferences in other stats. And yes, numans and humans need specials like casts and beasts do. That'll make for more differences.

Why same ATP and TP? Because offense is the single most important thing here. If you make offense equal, you can worry about other preferences.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
the post that's most correct is that newmans outerform by a larger margin at fT, then other classes do at fighting types.

Compare Fortefighter, or Figunner Cast vs beast. It's an ATP/ATA and HP/DFP tradeoff. The ATA/ATP difference as fortefighter is significant, the HP gap is significant, but the DPF less so.

Now compare Human vs Newman (i'm just gonna use 60/10 numbers, 'cause that's what I have onhand).

For 37 HP, 30 ATP, and 3 dfp a female human gives up 209 TP, and 207 MST.
that's not a tradeoff, it's a joke.

that's not an argument for beast having more TP though. I think humans need more of a stat bump as fT's, however.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-06-20 11:30 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 01:27 PM
One of the things I've been saying for way too long. I'm trying to find anybody who's actually proven how often the Human advantage has worked against the Newman in anything other than Protranser, or certain levels as a ForteFighter being within melee-range the whole time (that is, if that's the class where the EVP advantage doesn't work). In half the classes, because they both die just as easily, the newman gains more in the TP/MST advantage because the human hardly sees significant higher numbers. Now, most cases people will argue against the human issue and then slap a suggestion that they wear some very rare, hard to obtain unit, to cover the loses. What a bogus suggestion.

I'm not trying to complain, but it kind of burns me when there's more classes a Newman keeps up well enough with the human, or surpasses them in ways they can really take advantage of, and say they suck at them all. To me, it's basically telling me that the humans suck as those classes, too. I don't buy it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 11:30 ]</font>

Sekani
Jun 20, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-06-20 11:27, Akaimizu wrote:
I'm not trying to complain, but it kind of burns me when there's more classes a Newman keeps up well enough with the human, or surpasses them in ways they can really take advantage of, and say they suck at them all. To me, it's basically telling me that the humans suck as those classes, too. I don't buy it.

I'm far from a stat whore, but from my observations while newmans may not excel in many classes, they don't totally fail in any of them either.

But in the one class they do excel at, fortetecher, they outperform the other races by such a large margin that you're gimping yourself by not picking a newman (or maybe human).

That's some weird balance to me.

Realmz
Jun 20, 2007, 01:42 PM
Beasts: puny Meatbag

CASTs: The ultimate lifeform. Perfect in every way. You will comply or be eradicated

Humans: puny meatbag

Newmans: puny meatbag with pointy ears

fix'd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ashley50
Jun 20, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-06-20 11:42, Realmz wrote:

Beasts: puny Meatbag, with a bad temper, dirty paws...wash your paws pls =p

CASTs: The ultimate lifeform. Perfect in every way. You will comply or be eradicated

Humans: puny meatbag...LOL Humans

Newmans: Hawt Race (Female ONLY!!!) with pointy ears

fix'd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fixed?

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 20, 2007, 01:56 PM
[quote]On 2007-06-20 09:22, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Beasts: puny Meatbag

CASTs: The ultimate lifeform that perfectly emulates the movements, fake tits and supremacist nature of puny meatbags

Newmans: puny meatbag with pointy ears

fix'd again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sexy_Raine
Jun 20, 2007, 02:25 PM
On 2007-06-20 11:56, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Beasts: Hairy Meatbag with fleas

CASTs: The ultimate lifeform that perfectly emulates the movements, fake tits and supremacist nature of puny meatbags

Newmans: puny meatbag with pointy ears, and Fiiiine looking

Fixed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Golto
Jun 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
Beasts and Casts using techs for damage is like dwarves playing in the NBA.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 20, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-06-20 12:41, Golto wrote:
Beasts and Casts using techs for damage is like dwarves playing in the NBA.

height-ist

;-p

Dragwind
Jun 20, 2007, 03:25 PM
Err, what you guys seem to fail to realize is that the balance doesn't just tie in with atp, acc, and tp. There's also those defensive stats >_>

Tita
Jun 20, 2007, 06:09 PM
nei? nei.
i'm looking forward to rocking my beast as a tranny in AOI

*scratches fleas*

Tra
Jun 20, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-06-20 16:09, Tita wrote:
nei? nei.
i'm looking forward to rocking my beast as a tranny in AOI

*scratches fleas*

now I was aroused when you said "tranny"... but then I just realized it was a PSU term

-_-

pikachief
Jun 21, 2007, 12:06 AM
i cant see how people think newmans look good...

i just think their almost all ugly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I LOVE the way female beasts look though! <3

-Tidus_415-
Jun 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-06-20 22:06, pikachief wrote:
i cant see how people think newmans look good...

i just think their almost all ugly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I LOVE the way female beasts look though! <3

Female Newmans > Female Beasts

Have you ever looked at a female beast face? They have something in their lip. Almost as if They got punched in the face then bled and the scar was left. Dont even get me started on the nose they have...

Zorafim
Jun 21, 2007, 12:58 AM
I can't get any beast characters of mine to look good, unless I purposely make them look flawed. But with caseals, I can do so many things without even changing the face.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 21, 2007, 01:00 AM
Well, Beasts have nanoblast, CASTs have SUVs, they have those for a reason I guess. If there was a smaller gap of TP, they would have to remove these abilities from the game or something. Newmans don't have an ability, so its only fitting that if they go outside of Force, while being the worst Hunters, they can still do reasonably good at it, it makes perfect sense.

Zorafim
Jun 21, 2007, 01:03 AM
It'd make even better sense if newmen were the hunter race, while the new race that was made for PSU was a teching race, possibly based off of Dezolians. Newmen make much better Motavians than Dezolians, anyway...

[/fanboyrant]

Kimil
Jun 21, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-06-20 09:11, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-06-20 08:08, panzer_unit wrote:
Kimil you're just really bad at min-maxing characters.

At least one other person realizes it.

Oh shut up, on my Beast main I use the multihit, High ATA, high ATP mod on PAs (Yoyo daggers have a 180% ATP mod) Weps; Daggers... Maxing the Beasts Melee Ability

So STFU

Sychosis
Jun 21, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-06-21 13:20, Kimil wrote:
... Maxing the Beasts Melee Ability

If you did that, you would be a male beast.

Kimil
Jun 21, 2007, 03:42 PM
I use daggers mostly because I like that style, the stats are a bonus.
If I was a stat whore I wouldn't be a Wartecher either would I?
I'd be a Female Newman Fortetecher or something lol XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-06-21 13:42 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jun 21, 2007, 03:47 PM
See? That wasn't so hard.

ShinAnt
Jun 21, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-06-20 12:25, Sexy_Raine wrote:

On 2007-06-20 11:56, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Beasts: Hairy Meatbag with fleas

Newmans: puny meatbag with pointy ears, and Fiiiine looking

Fixed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*shakes head* You CAST's and your artificial ego's!