PDA

View Full Version : Dodgeball pvp

Kion
Jun 20, 2007, 02:37 AM
This is a pretty stupid idea, but i think it has some merit; jarba dogeball.

The way the game is played is that two groups of three compete in the last block of S2 labs. There are no buffs, debuffs or healing and players are not allowed to carry scapes.
The way to score points is by reviving memebrs. Reviving your own teamates is +.5 and reviving a memeber of the other team gives you plus +1. Once you use a moon atomizer you either say "revived friend", or "revived opponent" to keep track of the score. The advantage is that you can use a normal moon atomizer on your opponents and a moon atomizer x on your friends.
The game goes until the end of the block, or until a time limit is reached. Which ever group of three has more points at the ends wins. It might be a method of betting or something.

This is just something i thouhgt of while i was bored leveling bullets. if it's a stupid idea, i don't mind getting flamed, but if anyone wants to give it a try, i'd be more than happy to play. I think it could work for any mission, and tournments wouldn't be too hard either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-06-20 08:50 ]</font>

Merumeru
Jun 20, 2007, 02:53 AM
XD if only it didn't make me want to slam my controller into my monitor when im struck by a Megid, id think about it

Fure_Rakune
Jun 20, 2007, 03:37 AM
!
You left us Meru :<
On topic, sure its a novel idea, but Id rather slay the jarba's for more fun.

Rashiid
Jun 20, 2007, 07:42 AM
its too easy to dodge it....

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 08:38 AM
Jarba Megid is definitely easy to dodge, when that's what you're doing. If you want some real hard Dodgeball, try doing Linear Line S or something, where they do the 1-handed Megid tossing. The ones that chase after you and chuck the Megid so fast, it makes the Jarbas look like that slo-mo mode in the Matrix.

Then again, the high rank Guardian's Colony missions are the prime place where Strafing is greatly reduced in effectiveness, when it comes to dodging stuff. Good ol' wide invisible hit boxes, and people dying while trying to dodge at full speed from fast moving death.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 06:41 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 20, 2007, 09:58 AM
Sounds like quite an amusing idea, though I agree Jarbas are too easy to dodge when that's what you're focused on, but the Deljabans, however, can be a pain in the arse

Tekershee
Jun 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
Wouldn't the people outside of America be severely lagged as always.

ie. Run a mile from megid, die anyway.

JAFO22000
Jun 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
What about the robots with the tracking missles, located in Endrum Remnants and Desert Goliath?? These are MUCH more fun to try and dodge, as they can come back around a few times!

Kion
Jun 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
I agree, jarbas are easy to dodge that's why i added the no healing part. But it doesn't take every long to bring them down, so the weapons selection might have to be reduced, like rangers could only use rifles, hunters could only use swords or something so that the mobility is significantly reduced.
I had this image of people getting nicked, panicking and running into dambarta and then calling to get revved from the ground, as the other team member runs in to pop a moon and gets megidded in the head as he runs by. You know, something crazy. Grove of fanatics would be pretty amusing, being stuck in a small room with over powered foie going every where and exploding robots.
I thought of it while leveling bullets, and compared to that EVERYTHING else seems fun. It pretty much already has elements of the game in it. I was trying to add a more direct PVP element, something more involved with other teams than racing. I guess more carnage can be acheived by going in a small party to an insanely hard mission.

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 10:54 AM
Now if the synch was right, and the Jarbas always did the same thing on everybody's screen, this could be quite cheesy.

I already have the power to kill off other players with enemy techs just with Twin Handguns!!

Basically, I'd simply do a related thing to what Thief Trick Attack/Sneak Attack does in FFXI. I'd make sure the player (who I wanted dead) was between me and the monster, and I'd just unload Twin Gunnies on them. After it's been settled that all the monsters want me dead, woe is the person between me and them.

Of course, all the way up until now, I've been very adamant about avoiding doing that kind of stuff. I typically position myself away, when doing it, make sure noone is between me and them, and/or give verbal warnings to folk who step in those *death* lines to stand somewhere else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 08:56 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 10:57 AM
Dodging megid is kinda' fun, if I were online I'd totally play. ;]

I like the more intense battles and stuff in the game, like when youre in HIVE with a bunch of deljabans and jusnaguns and you see 5-6 balls of megid flying toward you from every direction and you're like o_O "@#$%!". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
You get that online. Just pick a fast-repeating weapon, and drill a group. Most of them will fire something at you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-06-20 05:42, Rashiid wrote:

It's a shame that a good number of players; melee, ranged and force alike, do not agree with you.

natewifi
Jun 20, 2007, 11:20 AM
Garnet you have no proof, infact more people think its easy other than you, sooo maybe you just suck at playing this simple ass game (PA spammer, MUCH).

In other news, the competitions would last for hours because nobody would actually die because their main focus is on the slow megid. Imo this is a dumb idea like you sed. Now the missile one sounds kinda less easy, but not difficult too. :/

Sekani
Jun 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
On 2007-06-20 08:00, JAFO22000 wrote:
What about the robots with the tracking missles, located in Endrum Remnants and Desert Goliath?? These are MUCH more fun to try and dodge, as they can come back around a few times!

Sophia should do a 1 HP video in Desert Goliath. THAT would be something to watch.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-06-20 09:20, natewifi wrote:
Garnet you have no proof, infact more people think its easy other than you, sooo maybe you just suck at playing this simple ass game (PA spammer, MUCH).

Um, I can dodge megid better than most of those "agile" and "abile bodied" melee guys...

ShinAnt
Jun 20, 2007, 12:01 PM
Hold strafe. Move Oppisite Direction. Repeat, Than rinse...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-06-20 10:01, ShinAnt wrote:
Hold strafe. Move Oppisite Direction. Repeat, Than rinse...

fT's play a different game. We run into Megid and see which one of us can survive the hit(not the death proc) and laugh about it.

To this date, buffed Jarba Megid one-shots me by several hundred points more than I have HP. Someday i'll win... someday...

Rashiid
Jun 20, 2007, 01:17 PM
as stated; too easy to dodge. no healing doesnt help; cauz ill never get hit. (like now)

but; as also stated (Mr. Moon); ppl are terrible at dodging

F-Gattaca
Jun 20, 2007, 03:21 PM

Want to make it challenging? Try fighting Jarbas with a weapon that's got significant warmup/cooldown periods.

Swords, axes, grenade launchers (ESPECIALLY), hell, even as a Techer equipped with a rod and that unit that slows down your tech speed. I'd even count rifles in FPV mode.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:21, F-Gattaca wrote:

Want to make it challenging? Try fighting Jarbas with a weapon that's got significant warmup/cooldown periods.

Swords, axes, grenade launchers (ESPECIALLY), hell, even as a Techer equipped with a rod and that unit that slows down your tech speed. I'd even count rifles in FPV mode.

Me / Concentrate + Rod + Giresta while playing Megid Dodgeball.

Shoobie
Jun 22, 2007, 02:34 PM
Dude. that would be so incredible.

panzer_unit
Jun 22, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:21, F-Gattaca wrote:

I'm used to dodging megid using a bow in fpv... then I found that putting a laser through 2 jarbas did better damage and started working on that. Its harder, lasers have a cooldown time that bows don't.

Jumping out of FPV with a megid coming at you looks cool, the incoming projectile keeps pace with the zoom out so you get a moment of bullet-time.

Woah.

Akaimizu
Jun 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
Even then, bows are slow enough to get you caught with Megid if you fired just before they were going to attack you. There's this little timing window, in there, where it'll suck for you (you only realize he's going to fire a Megid just 1/8th of a second after you pressed the button to fire the bow), but outside of that, you can usually see it coming and not bother to start firing.

panzer_unit
Jun 22, 2007, 03:23 PM
After playing for like 1000 hours, I just realized that I could tap out of FPV with the cancel button (circle on PS2) than the FPV button (right stick on PS2)... it saves a fraction of a second not having to move my thumb over to the stick and clicking it, making it much easier to avoid stuff like megid and dimmogulus' trap attack, if of course you haven't just fired a heavy weapon.