PDA

View Full Version : WTF? This SH** Aint Funny

Shou
Jun 20, 2007, 01:28 PM
Where do some people get off? Dam, just seeing that shit pissed me off. Do they really think they are funny or what? Thats not just immature but racist...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/shouPSOW/racist.jpg

Deja
Jun 20, 2007, 01:44 PM
Well, its both immature and racist. It's easy to expect this type of thing from a game that attracts younger folks, cause they haven't quite grasped in their minds what atrocious meanings they portray.

They think they are being funny, but when they grow up they will just shake their head at what they did. BUT there is a chance (although low) that these people are grown up and just downright racist. Always a possibility there.

DoubleK93
Jun 20, 2007, 01:54 PM
I have a friend in tht party and they think they are funny. I find it very racist, not funny, and I would even give the creator of the party a couple days of bannage!

Sekani
Jun 20, 2007, 01:55 PM
Apparently the "cool" thing among white teenagers and young adults is the "comedic" usage of racial slurs. Funny thing about the internet is that people usually don't know that I'm black, so it's simply amazing how often I hear the N-word casually tossed out as though it's a normal, everyday thing for them. This isn't restricted to PSU or Xbox Live or even the internet sub-culture, it's just like some people don't give a fuck anymore.

Personally, I tolerate such behavior to a point. It's not about me being offended, it's about respecting me as a person.

Kylie
Jun 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
Just some guys that want to annoy people like you and get some sort of satisfaction from being an ass with their friends on a video game. Just remind yourself that they're losers and don't get upset about it. Might as well let them sulk in their close-minded misery. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-20 11:59 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 02:47 PM
Made me lol.

Lonzell
Jun 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
lolcrackers

Chuck_Norris
Jun 20, 2007, 02:55 PM
v.v thats sad....

Lonzell
Jun 20, 2007, 02:58 PM
I hear the KKK these days just now want to be loved, so they love all now.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/7a/PinkKlan.jpg

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-06-20 12:54, Lonzell wrote:
lolcrackers

Probably, but who knows with the internet. What I do know is that getting upset over it is what they want. Laugh it off, or you just inspire them to do it even more. Sorta like how I got outta Digimon and Power Rangers... my Mother and Father got into them...

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
How assinine...

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 03:05 PM
It's more of a toleration, than anything. Digimon or Power Rangers never did anything to anybody, historically. Other than having fans, or people who just didn't care for the shows. And in this case, letting them go with it, also shows that it's ok for them to act that way.

Laughing it off just never makes it stop. It's always a very uneasy situation that too many people are insensitive about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 13:06 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Jun 20, 2007, 03:10 PM
*Shakes head*....
I say close minded ppl like that ARE the minorities...

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:05, Akaimizu wrote:
It's more of a toleration, than anything. Digimon or Power Rangers never did anything to anybody, historically. Other than having fans, or people who just didn't care for the shows. And in this case, letting them go with it, also shows that it's ok for them to act that way.

Laughing it off just never makes it stop. It's always a very uneasy situation that too many people are insensitive about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 13:06 ]</font>

Then do like the OP should have done, and report it to SEGA.

Dragwind
Jun 20, 2007, 03:18 PM
You know, there's a report form and http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com for this. Stop whining, and fill it out. If more people actually used it instead of complaining, maybe ST would pay attention to it more o.O

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:

That's the main suggestion. There were a couple of times I've seen this happen, and they were reported.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:18, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-06-20 13:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:

That's the main suggestion. There were a couple of times I've seen this happen, and they were reported.

So go fill it out. I'm not, because it's not that important or relevant to me.

Midicronica
Jun 20, 2007, 03:20 PM
Eh? I found it to be funny. Wha-what's this?! A black man finding racism funny?! No wai!

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:20, Shadow_Moses wrote:
Eh? I found it to be funny. Wha-what's this?! A black man finding racism funny?! No wai!

We need more people like you in this world.

Kaloa
Jun 20, 2007, 03:24 PM
I don't find that particularly funny, but it doesn't bother me, either. It was probably done largely for the shock value and the "funniness" of people going off and making threads about it on various forums upon seeing it. While perhaps not overly amusing to you guys, there are lots of people out there that get their kicks from making themselves come across as dumb asses to others.

Realmz
Jun 20, 2007, 03:27 PM
ahh Anonymous expands his empire into the minds of all

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 03:31 PM
What Kaloa speaks about is very true, nor does it bother me that much. But I'm not going to blame people who might take offense to it. I mean, what kind of joke can someone possibly take offense to, if not that kind of one?

To the OP: If it offends you enough to make a post about it, report it. It has merit, nor would people think less of you for doing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 13:32 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Jun 20, 2007, 03:31 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/shouPSOW/racist.jpg

People who do stuff like this are really sad.

That's really all I can say.

If I still played and I found out their names I would blacklist them and be done with them, forever.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
The op needs to get out of his sheltered life more or he's going to die of stress before he's 50 years old.

Serephim
Jun 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-06-20 12:54, Lonzell wrote:
lolcrackers

THAT made ME laugh.

MayLee
Jun 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-06-20 11:55, Sekani wrote:
Apparently the "cool" thing among white teenagers and young adults is the "comedic" usage of racial slurs. Funny thing about the internet is that people usually don't know that I'm black, so it's simply amazing how often I hear the N-word casually tossed out as though it's a normal, everyday thing for them. This isn't restricted to PSU or Xbox Live or even the internet sub-culture, it's just like some people don't give a fuck anymore.

Personally, I tolerate such behavior to a point. It's not about me being offended, it's about respecting me as a person.

A-freaken-men.

Yeah, so what if I sound white. Beleive it or not I am black. People think its a joke but it's not. Sadly we can't do a thing about it..unless you go to their house and beat the living shit out of their faces

doubleEXP
Jun 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:32, Garnet_Moon wrote:
The op needs to get out of his sheltered life more or he's going to die of stress before he's 50 years old.

Maybe its the opposite.

Maybe the OP (or friends of the OP) are minorities in real-life who have a family history of being targetted by bigotted groups like the KKK and thus can't possibly find stuff like this, in a game of all places, remotely funny. Prejudice and racial-motivated hatred are simply not funny. In fact, to many people even the idea (or worse: the reminder) of them is hurtful.

Kylie
Jun 20, 2007, 03:43 PM
I will say though that people are overly sensitive to racism. Almost to where it's very similar to racism. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I remember when I was talking to a friend about something Sarah Silverman said on her program about younger black women being prostitutes. It wasn't racist in context because she plays dumb for laughs and had just come from prison and saw a black woman in there for prostitution. Anyways, some guy that had been quiet the entire time said, "watch what you say," and left the game. To me, jokes like that aren't wrong unless you mean them. Like if someone said that all black women are prostitutes and meant it as a true stereotype, that's racist. Otherwise, getting mad about every little thing and playing the race card continually, that's frankly just setting your race differently just as badly as racists do. It's like the feminists that hate on housewives... It's all about preference and choice. And I think the beat feminists are the ones that do whatever the hell they want to, rather than making a typical stereotype just because they want to be a feminist or whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

</end rant>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-06-20 13:44 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Jun 20, 2007, 03:47 PM
A Mod needs to just hurry up and lock this topic. I don't see any good coming from it. Already that "lolcrackers" comment doesn't help this any.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:47, KiteWolfwood wrote:
A Mod needs to just hurry up and lock this topic. I don't see any good coming from it. Already that "lolcrackers" comment doesn't help this any.

Well it made me giggle, if that counts...

Zael
Jun 20, 2007, 03:54 PM
lol, people flipping out over this

Starrz
Jun 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
HEY GUYS

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/myparty.jpg

LOL

beatrixkiddo
Jun 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Tycho
Jun 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
Spoiler: trolling is funny in as far as it works.

DreamLocke
Jun 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
Well it's implied in the wording that these guys are just trying to be funny and are not hard-core white supremacists. Tasteless, yes, but meant to be funny to some. Doesn't make it any better though.

Comedy using race is a touchy subject, but you can make it funny. We all should laugh at ourselves and not take things so damn seriously. You just have to be careful...there's a fine line between funny and outright offensive. You can make KKK jokes funny, look at Dave Chapelle for example. In this example, though, they tried and failed to be humorous.

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
IF I DID IT, HERE'S HOW IT HAPPENED. OWAIT LOL I DID IT

Talk about nothing better to do than look at a provocative name of a game while blatantly assuming everyone in it is a foam-at-the-mouth racist pig. Way to look too far into something, morons.

Zael
Jun 20, 2007, 04:23 PM
OH WTF UR SO MEAN

DurakkenX
Jun 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
race comedy is only funny when whites don't say it v.v

Midicronica
Jun 20, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-06-20 14:27, DurakkenX wrote:

It's a damn shame, isn't it?

VanHalen
Jun 20, 2007, 04:32 PM

Sadly that's true. In a way I find it stupid, if your too sensitive to take a joke from someone don't say a joke about someone else.

Tycho
Jun 20, 2007, 04:36 PM
double standards, hi

doubleEXP
Jun 20, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-06-20 14:21, Mono- wrote:

Talk about nothing better to do than look at a provocative name of a game while blatantly assuming everyone in it is a foam-at-the-mouth racist pig. Way to look too far into something, morons.

You don't have to 'look too far into' it.

Just glancing at it is enough to know its a bad idea.

If you can't understand that and ~ rather ~ think anyone that doesn't think its funny is a 'moron' then...

"Hey, how's that working out for you: being clever?"

"Then keep it up."

/tylerdurden

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-06-20 14:41 ]</font>

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 04:58 PM
Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean that the people in my game (which, a little fyi, aren't caucasian) share the same opinion. It's funny to us, we never asked you to give a fuck. You posted a thread and got bent. I reiterate how much of a moron you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-20 15:02 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:03, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
How assinine...

Skorpius
Jun 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
ATTN: Whiners

Quit being little bitches.

Thanks.

EphekZ
Jun 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-06-20 14:40, doubleEXP wrote:

On 2007-06-20 14:21, Mono- wrote:

You don't have to 'look too far into' it.

Just glancing at it is enough to know its a bad idea.

If you can't understand that and ~ rather ~ think anyone that doesn't think its funny is a 'moron' then...

"Hey, how's that working out for you: being clever?"

"Then keep it up."

/tylerdurden

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-06-20 14:41 ]</font>

tell me, how does this directly affect you?

Sekani
Jun 20, 2007, 07:53 PM
race comedy is only funny when it makes me laugh

Fixed.

Sinue_v2
Jun 20, 2007, 07:59 PM

No, racial comedy is only funny within context. There is no context to that "KKK" party in PSU. Comedians like Dave Chappelle, and a certain imageboard who constantly posts highly exaggerated and extreme racial comics, do so within the context of ridiculing racism through exaggeration and absurdity. It's a form of racial sataire. There is no sataire in that party name, or if there is - it's completely missing the point.

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 08:11 PM
Because I can totally put a 20 minute standup routine within an approximate 40 alphanumeric characters. It's not my job to cater satire to a bunch of fucks bothering to decipher meaning behind game names anyhow; it's emphasized beyond all means that it was intended for the members of the group alone. Try again, twat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-20 18:14 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jun 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
It's funny to us, we never asked you to give a fuck.

You don't go waving your balls in public, and then try to justify it by saying "Well it was funny to ME! Nobody asked your to look at my cawk!" Good luck explaining that one to the cops, and good luck explaining your little joke to Sega if they decide to act on other people reporting you and suspend your account. And good luck explaining to the mods when they b& hammer your fail troll ass. That will be lol-worthy at least.

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 08:44 PM
What's hilarious is that you think the cops give a damn about some guy who makes a party with a tongue-in-cheek name on an obscure action RPG. If you think the cops will be last to care, think again; SEGA are professionals at not giving a fuck what we do as long as we're not hacking the place to high hell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-20 18:57 ]</font>

Solstis
Jun 20, 2007, 08:55 PM
I was totally at this sweet cafe today, Kay's Cafe, and I got a Vanilla Latte. The coffee was well balanced, and didn't taste like an ashtry (Starbucks).

The decor was tasteful, but not tasteful enough for me to go find a bunch of letters with accents on them to fix this post.

Then I totally punched this dude and was like, "Jerk, that's what you get for headbutting my fist. Way to Zidane at the World Cup." Word.

Sinue_v2
Jun 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
I didn't ask for glorification

Yes, you did - or else you wouldn't be here.

Protip: Trolling is only funny when it's not obvious. Strike 2. Fail troll is faaaiiiiilll.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/fail-motivational-1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-20 19:10 ]</font>

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 09:01 PM
Touché, but you detracted absolutely from the point of the thread. Dumbfuck. You're out. Go call the cops on me or something, Christ's sake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-20 19:03 ]</font>

Skorpius
Jun 20, 2007, 09:03 PM
WHITE PEOPLE: EHHEEEHEHHHEHHE
BLACK PEOPLE: DOODOODOOD DOO DOO

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-06-20 19:03, Skorpius wrote:
WHITE PEOPLE: EHHEEEHEHHHEHHE
BLACK PEOPLE: DOODOODOOD DOO DOO

http://www.feanor.net/z0r/shock/whiteblack.swf

Skorpius
Jun 20, 2007, 09:09 PM
lol Sinue_v2. You failed. At trolling.

Stop it, now. You're not a pro.

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 09:13 PM
Any idiot could post a picture of a fat kid getting hit with a basketball and throw the stereotypical black trim with emphatic lettering on it, but riddle me this; can you find a picture of a guy who wanks off in a spam forum threatening people who use borderline names for their obscure action RPG game screaming at someone from miles away? Perhaps with a phone up to his ear with 911 and EMS on the other line telling them what a big, bad meanie that Ku Klux Klan man is?

Well, it doesn't fit all the criteria, but this is as close as I'll ever get: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/Monolithe/Guy.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-20 19:19 ]</font>

Taxerdamus
Jun 20, 2007, 09:14 PM
Jesus Christ, this topic is on fucking par with "The Fury of Ade" on the hilarity level. Good job guys, you really proved how fucking stupid you really are. Go back to hunting your Jagoffs and live out your pittyful lives until you eventually end up killing yourself when someone steals the rare you were hunting.

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 09:18 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/KKKLOL.jpg

Seriously... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Niered
Jun 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
On 2007-06-20 19:13, Mono- wrote:
Any idiot could post a picture of a fat kid getting hit with a basketball and throw the stereotypical black trim with emphatic lettering on it,

FYI

Its called a motiviational poster.

UnderscoreX
Jun 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
Why isn't anyone thinking of the children

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
Funny, they always made me want to kill somebody. Especially that fucker on the cliff with "determination." "I'm determined to crush your hands when you make your way up, seeing your 1,000 ft. drop into hell" sort of thing, you know.

Sinue_v2
Jun 20, 2007, 09:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/windmill-beard.jpg
I have a windmill in my beard. Your troll bait will not work.

gb2/fishing

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 09:24 PM
On 2007-06-20 19:23, Sinue_v2 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/windmill-beard.jpgThat's awesome.

Skorpius
Jun 20, 2007, 09:25 PM
Sinue_v2, your need to stop before you make youself look like a complete idiot. You still have some dignity left over, so it'd be wise to just refrain from posting any further.

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-06-20 19:13, Mono- wrote:
Any idiot could post a picture of a fat kid getting hit with a basketball and throw the stereotypical black trim with emphatic lettering on it, but riddle me this; can you find a picture of a guy who wanks off in a spam forum threatening people who use borderline names for their obscure action RPG game screaming at someone from miles away? Perhaps with a phone up to his ear with 911 and EMS on the other line telling them what a big, bad meanie that Ku Klux Klan man is?

Well, it doesn't fit all the criteria, but this is as close as I'll ever get: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/Monolithe/Guy.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-20 19:19 ]</font>
Read the rest of the sentence, dumbass. He was using indecent exposure as an analogy.

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
You can try to justify him by saying he was using it as an analogy as much as you want, Ronin. Fact of the matter is he sure as shit wasn't using an analogy and was vigilant in appearance to police involvement. Don't try.

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 09:56 PM
Read the damn sentence, he wasn't talking about calling the police on you for naming your stupid game Ku Klux Klan, he was using the police as a metaphor for Sega, you should be careful of this crap, it could get you banned.

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 10:00 PM
I've read the sentence a couple times over and he included the police, SEGA, PSOw mods, and whatever other unholy power out there that's out to smite me for making a petty name on a video game. I know perfectly what you're trying to rehash and it's not working, dude.

Here's something else for you; tell me how I should be careful of that when I've seen countless people spamming flagrantly racist slurs and, my word, even something as trivial as obscene language in lobbies before? I don't see SEGA doing a single thing about them. For all the communities concerned they're out to stamp out cheaters and let the players do what they may.

By your logic, advocating alcohol to a community of which half is comprised of minors or conversations about drug use should result in an automatic ban. Does SEGA get on their asses and ban them? You fucking tell me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-20 20:01 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Jun 20, 2007, 10:05 PM
The point was obviously to piss people off probably. And you just fell for the trap. lol @ people saying whites like to use racial jokes. Cedric the entertainer, DL Hughley, Chris Rock anyone?

I personally don't give a shit, because no racial slurs of any type affect me whatsoever, but I also have to laugh when people use cracker and honkey and get pissed off when others use nigger. If you get pissed off at one, don't use any of them.

Better yet, let's stop separating ourselves all together and look at the big picture.

AlexCraig
Jun 20, 2007, 10:07 PM
The name really has only a small part of the overall view. Yes, there are racial slang and foul language in forums, lobbys, and chatrooms. But the Ku Klux Klan was an organization that preformed lynchings and murder. For you to post such a name would lead people to assume that you are part of this. Yes the Klan was mostly disbanded long ago, but the effect of it still remains. People see Ku Klux Klan as evil, and for you to use the name in the game, to them and me, feels like you are promoting the Klan and are thus evil yourself. It is for this reason that alerts people of you and get you into more trouble than you think you'll get for posting KKK on a game.

Powder Keg
Jun 20, 2007, 10:10 PM
On 2007-06-20 20:07, AlexCraig wrote:
The name really has only a small part of the overall view. Yes, there are racial slang and foul language in forums, lobbys, and chatrooms. But the Ku Klux Klan was an organization that preformed lynchings and murder. For you to post such a name would lead people to assume that you are part of this. Yes the Klan was mostly disbanded long ago, but the effect of it still remains. People see Ku Klux Klan as evil, and for you to use the name in the game, to them and me, feels like you are promoting the Klan and are thus evil yourself. It is for this reason that alerts people of you and get you into more trouble than you think you'll get for posting KKK on a game.

What about Nazi related? The reaction from anything related to that gets a grain of sand compared to something like this, and this topic proves it.

Mono-
Jun 20, 2007, 10:10 PM
[b]
I personally don't give a shit, because no racial slurs of any type affect me whatsoever, but I also have to laugh when people use cracker and honkey and get pissed off when others use nigger. If you get pissed off at one, don't use any of them.

A-fucking-men

PJ
Jun 20, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-06-20 19:25, Skorpius wrote:
Sinue_v2, your need to stop before you make youself look like a complete idiot. You still have some dignity left over, so it'd be wise to just refrain from posting any further.

lol Skorpius and dignity

Actually, this whole topic is pretty funny. Especially what Durakken said.

Mystil
Jun 21, 2007, 03:09 AM
This shit used to bother me to no end(being black and all) but I just shrug it off. I've been in chatrooms where idiots would use my race as a means of comedy, and I've been to forums where you have a bunch of topics with people cracking jokes about black people. It's like the new thing on the internet.

You have no control over what you become when you are concieved. Same thing with other minorities, and just WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH BEING A JEW?

DurakkenX
Jun 21, 2007, 03:45 AM
You know... the KKK aren't just against blacks. The only reason we hear that is because the self importance that blacks have placed on themselves over the last few decades and the fact that it's easier to see who's black than see who's catholic, etc.

Mewn
Jun 21, 2007, 06:11 AM
Hmm, this topic certainly took a turn for the hilarious.

I think people need to get off their high horses a little. If they really care about fighting racism as opposed to trying to make themselves look good by denouncing a joke, I doubt they'd be screaming on an internet forum about it.

Weeaboolits
Jun 21, 2007, 07:02 AM
Well, this kind of thing actually really bothers me, I don't find the KKK, the Nazis or any oher such group the slightest bit funny.

Also,
Mewn wrote:
You read the Discworld books too, Mewn?

*high five*

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 08:53 AM
On 2007-06-21 04:11, Mewn wrote:
I think people need to get off their high horses a little. If they really care about fighting racism as opposed to trying to make themselves look good by denouncing a joke, I doubt they'd be screaming on an internet forum about it.

That's so weaksauce.

Who said anything about 'high horses' and 'fighting racism'? Sheesh.

Also, newsflash: when someone posts a topic on a message board, that means it is up for discussion. No more reason for responding than that is required.

Mewn
Jun 21, 2007, 02:20 PM
'That's so weaksauce.'

Prime response there, champ. Keep it up.

Also, newsflash: I'm adding to this discussion too, amazingly. And my opinion is that this topic is worthless, and that posting about this isn't doing anything but making some of us laugh. God knows I've got lulz out of you and others here.

Racist jokes on the internet! zomg, never seen that before!

Mono-
Jun 21, 2007, 02:30 PM
It's as if it were the antichrist had come to the hallowed lands of heaven whenever anything remotely controversial is mimicked for the sake of hilarity. The internet at it's fucking finest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-21 12:30 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-06-21 12:20, Mewn wrote:
'That's so weaksauce.'

Prime response there, champ. Keep it up.

Also, newsflash: I'm adding to this discussion too, amazingly. And my opinion is that this topic is worthless, and that posting about this isn't doing anything but making some of us laugh. God knows I've got lulz out of you and others here.

Racist jokes on the internet! zomg, never seen that before!

You seem to be taking my reply a little personally.

Also, if you're going to pejoratively comment on my use of 'weaksauce' you'd have been better off not using another internetism in your retort ("got lulz"). Just a suggestion.

Honestly, I don't how anyone with a balanced point of view can't understand how it is at least REASONABLE to view a game called "KKK" (with a message condoning violence against minorities) as a thing done in bad taste. Doesn't mean you have to be on a soap box, doesn't even mean you have to disagree with it. But to consider anyone who finds it offensive as PC or whatever is hard to understand.

Thanks for calling me 'champ,' btw. You know someone's getting heated when they resort to champ (or pal or whatever).

~ doubleEXP aka "The Champ"

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-06-21 12:30, Mono- wrote:
It's as if it were the antichrist had come to the hallowed lands of heaven whenever anything remotely controversial is mimicked for the sake of hilarity. The internet at it's fucking finest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mono- on 2007-06-21 12:30 ]</font>

Exaggerate much?

Just because some people find racism (in the form of a team name "KKK" with a message about racism towards minorities) as bad taste doesn't imply anything at all like what you wrote.

Taking a contrary point of view and then blowing it up to absurd levels ~ "It's as if it were the antichrist had come to the hallowed lands of heaven whenever anything remotely controversial is mimicked for the sake of hilarity" ~ is a low-level posting gimmick. If I HAD posted something like that you'd have a point.

Unfortantely for the point you seem to be trying to make, I didn't.

I'm just saying I agree with OP: That sort of stuff is in bad taste.

If you think racism is a funny topic to apply to game names and violence towards minorities is a funny way to describe a game, hey: knock yourself out. I just don't agree with you. However, unlike you, you don't see me trying to imply you're some sort of caricature of yourself. I just don't agree with your point of view. That's all; nothing more, nothing less.

~ The Champ

Mewn
Jun 21, 2007, 02:55 PM
I like how you're trying to act all intelligent and 'I JUST DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW, THAT'S ALL' when your first post in this topic was 'People who do stuff like this are really sad.'

That's why I laughed at your 'weaksauce' remark. It applies quite well to the first post in your topic, and has nothing to do with 'internetisms'. And now you're trying to play like you didn't cast the first stone against Mono. Precious.

Hrith
Jun 21, 2007, 03:09 PM
Stop smelling your own farts, doubleEXP.

Mono-
Jun 21, 2007, 03:15 PM
lmfao, "exaggerate much." I can't even dignify that with a proper response justifying my position because you're failing to see that the entirety of this thread is an exaggeration. Jesus Christ.

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 03:20 PM
Now I get to have the fun! Keep the posts coming. I'm enjoying this.

Hrith
Jun 21, 2007, 03:23 PM
You enjoy being out of witty comebacks?

Mewn
Jun 21, 2007, 03:23 PM
btw, doubleEXP, as much as I love you advertising my name in your title (I'm touched, honestly), could you do me a favour and advertise psupedia.info instead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You'll even get to say that psupedia calls you a champ!

Sinue_v2
Jun 21, 2007, 03:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/1182436614090.jpg

beatrixkiddo
Jun 21, 2007, 03:25 PM
http://psupedia.info/DoubleEXP

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-06-21 13:23, Mewn wrote:
btw, doubleEXP, as much as I love you advertising my name in your title (I'm touched, honestly), could you do me a favour and advertise psupedia.info instead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You'll even get to say that psupedia calls you a champ!

Sure. Go for it. Take it easy.

Starrz
Jun 21, 2007, 03:28 PM
Wow, way to fail guys. Take a look at the comment. Mono added right after it "... or something"

Yeah, he's being really serious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sinue: Way to fail.

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-06-21 13:25, beatrixkiddo wrote:
http://psupedia.info/DoubleEXP

sweet!

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-06-21 13:28, Starrz wrote:
Wow, way to fail guys. Take a look at the comment. Mono added right after it "... or something"

Yeah, he's being really serious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

So, you mean I'm taking this WAY too seriously and I've grown up into exactly the sort of person I always promised myself I wouldn't: a super-serious, tightwad?

D'oh! >_<

You make a point. Time to chill out. Sorry for being an azz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-06-21 13:35 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jun 21, 2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/kid-middle-finger.jpg

Tycho
Jun 21, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-06-21 12:41, doubleEXP wrote:
But to consider anyone who finds it offensive as PC or whatever is hard to understand.
Because everyone in here is a minority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayniggers_from_Outer_Space), obv. Starzz is, at least. Ethnically partly jewish here, but I laughed at this (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/79/Kage_bunshin_no_jewtsu.jpg).

Also!

Kef: they should hear Mono and I talk in game in the most crowded lobbies >_>
Tycho: Watch out, they might report you to Sega! XP

But moreover, someone in here is making DOUBLE POSTS! CALL THE COPS!

doubleEXP
Jun 21, 2007, 03:48 PM
I already apologized, Tycho.

Let it go.

Ryna
Jun 21, 2007, 04:10 PM
Due to the off-topic comments, I'm locking this thread.