PDA

View Full Version : does anyone actually care about purifying the planets?

pRoJeCtFaMe
Jun 20, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ok so who is actually doing FB missions to purify bcuz everyone i know just does it for loot,mp/exp,and those damm jaos..let me know why u do FB missions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jun 20, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm playing Battlefield 2142 until FB is over. Too many assclowns and drama going around with the current hotspots.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 20, 2007, 03:29 PM
screw purifying, we already got the 50mill points and 5 of the 7 days of 3 luck, i just do it for rares now.

Realmz
Jun 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
i don't much care about the missions at this point. I'm just trying to level my bullets. I figure i might as well do it in UO B

DoubleK93
Jun 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
I try and purify but rite now...I do it 4 everything!

360NyTeMaRe
Jun 20, 2007, 03:33 PM
If my Xbox weren't at Microsoft Repair Center right now, I'd be purifying for the purification points and because I want that stupid Bearclaw board just to sell it.

JAFO22000
Jun 20, 2007, 03:37 PM
Most people don't care. I feel ST allowed this to happen by making certain missions better than other. Put jaos on Scorched Valley as well with a chance to drop Snowy Claws or something unique to this level and people will do it. There is no reward in doing this mission. I mean, I take my level 44 alt to UO B...good exp, decent drops, possible jaos (already have the twin bear claws), and 10,500 + 105 MP for an S rank, which can be accomplished in about 10 minutes with a mediocre party. Scorched Valley B doesn't compare at all.

DreamLocke
Jun 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
Since there's really no way we'll complete this I've gone back to the normal missions to level up.

But I recently spent a ton of meseta on upgrading equips and raising two PMs to 100 pretty much back to back. So...back to Nuedaiz to spam missions for money. I have to remind myself to pick up a lot of beer on the way home tonight. This is going to take a while.

MayLee
Jun 20, 2007, 03:43 PM
Eh...I got what I came her for in te Jao hunt. I purify all the time on each planet but now it's getting boring and the people there suck. It cannot be helped. I'm going to Maotoob for firebreak

pRoJeCtFaMe
Jun 20, 2007, 03:43 PM
i must admit, EXP/MP owns in Urgent Order..and thats y i do it..i agree that ST actually made it a little weird, adding jaggos into the mission and their good drops (jao decos >.>)

Anduril
Jun 20, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'm kinda doing it for the sake of purification. I'm spamming Moatoob because at my Level I get decent EXP and I can level up my bullets quite easily there, all while not having to depend on a team.

Mayu
Jun 20, 2007, 03:53 PM
not really to be honest -_-

After FB it's going to be 1 mission spam go go -_- as Usual

Mwabwetumba
Jun 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
I'm never one to stay on an obviously sinking ship so no, I can't really say that I care about the resulting percentages of Firebreak.
I'll get my Frying Pan and I found the Puyoment Aura (by pure luck) and was given the Twin Kitty Claws, so I'm happy with the outcome so far.
Also, the Firebreak missions makes my PC lag. Alot.

Midicronica
Jun 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
At first I did, but not anymore. I only do them for mission points and meseta now. I've returned to hunting the Sweet Death on Mad Beast S2. I swear Gol Dovas are the stingiest motherfuckers on the planet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

VanHalen
Jun 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
I came into FireBreak wanting to purify every planet. Honestly I still do but because of Jaggo hunts and nobody wanting to leave Neudaiz kinda made me lose the whole "save the day" feel.

Akaimizu
Jun 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
At the moment, I care more about getting a Puyoment Aura and calling it a day. If I get Kitty Claws for Magician, it'll be a sweet bonus, though I might let a certain pirate hold them first, depending on the timely return of my first beast partner. I'm definitely there for help with purification, but at the same time, I'm starting to get Purified out. Every single time I log on, it's purify this, purify that. I'm almost going through (something different) withdrawals.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-20 14:00 ]</font>

Packrat
Jun 20, 2007, 05:34 PM
I too wanted to go around and spam those FB missions for the nice experience and MP. But with 90% of the Parum missions being Jaggo hunts, I've found myself less and less willing to do them. Now I mostly try to get buddies together and do non-FB missions. I'm staying away from Parum until FB is over >.>

Sekani
Jun 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
I stopped caring about a week ago. I just do Urgent Orders for the cash and experience now. Those Jaggos ruined my Christmas already, stingy fuckers.

haruna
Jun 20, 2007, 07:23 PM
If Moatoob had a mission that dropped some new S-ranks like a Spear or a Shotgun? I'd be so there. Ah well, I go there from time to time hoping to get a Shigga Bines for Atani.

Powder Keg
Jun 20, 2007, 09:38 PM
I'm personally waiting for FB to end because it's getting really old. Although today I did manage to get a Kitty Claw and a Jao on the same run.

FUFME
Jun 20, 2007, 09:39 PM
I could care less about Fire Break, we already have 6 days of 3 Day luck when it's over, We are not getting anything else special.

A pat on the back is not good enough for me dammit..lol

ljkkjlcm9
Jun 20, 2007, 10:33 PM
you forgot the option, I just do Firebreak because everyone else is there

THE JACKEL

Stefanhizzle
Jun 20, 2007, 10:39 PM
Im not gonna lie as soon as i got my kitty claws i quit!

I stop by every once in a while with my low lvl... but right now im trying to get a black heart

Merumeru
Jun 20, 2007, 10:56 PM
XD i guess i want that puyo thing, but i mean, the exp/mp is good until a new hotspot comes around

Rashiid
Jun 20, 2007, 11:36 PM
dont care. i want it to end; finished or not.

TheLOLBandit
Jun 20, 2007, 11:37 PM
where is the frying pan option again?

Siertes
Jun 20, 2007, 11:40 PM
Jaggo hunts really burned me out on Firebreak. I don't care anymore what happens with it.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 21, 2007, 12:30 AM
I stopped caring when I realized how poorly executed this thing was. I knew that this was gonna be just a huge ass grind disguised as a unique event, and it was actually fun for some time. But after a few days of Urgent Orders and seeing how sloppily put toggether the operation was (including the reward balancing and making the jaos appear in a way that encouraged people to just give up purification points), I just stopped giving a shit, let alone giving two shits. All I wanted was my frying pan anyway. And lo and behold, that one has the best requirement for a rare. You actually have to earn it (even if it is incredibly easy to do so), no bullshit random lucky looting!

pikachief
Jun 21, 2007, 12:51 AM
i did until the lack of other purifiers disappointed me so not anymore

MT7218
Jun 21, 2007, 01:18 AM
I want to help purify the planets, myself. That, and I want the MP/Meseta UO gives. Hard to do when everyone is Jaggo hunting. I'd like to get the uber MP before everyone and ther grandma goes back to spamming CB, as I couldn't take three days of running that on S2 straight, let alone for the months on end some do it. At least UO is relitivly diffrent. And it's only there for a short time. x.x

Mystil
Jun 21, 2007, 03:01 AM
Well it doesn't even matter if none of you care or not. You're aren't going to complete it, and that was obvious from the start of this whole thing.

Urtri
Jun 21, 2007, 03:53 AM
I'am trying to figth a losing battle in that most of my time online is Sorched Valley C. it's pretty good for exp (around 6000 exp on C if everything is killed) but you really need to have at least 2 members lvl 35+ (a Figther type for the last block and a Gunner type for the 2nd block) to stand a chance. as it stands i can get around 1000 purify points per hour soloing C rank so if you want to help (or gain exp without having to worry about finding a non-jaggo hunting team on parum) come along and give a hand (PC/PS2 name of Sazuka a Caseal)

Mayu
Jun 21, 2007, 03:59 AM
I mean really you got like

20% of the people STILL at NEU
70% of the people Hunting Jao's( I'm one of them <3 too bad )
10% of the people purifying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Besides we have our frying pan so

<3 <3

e_Tard
Jun 21, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-06-20 13:59, VanHalen wrote:
Honestly I still do but because of Jaggo hunts and nobody wanting to leave Neudaiz kinda made me lose the whole "save the day" feel.

Exactly my feelings. The day Neudaiz hit 100% and no one left was the day I realized we'd never hit 100% completion.

The jaggos just rubbed salt in the wound. Yay for abandoning the mission 2-3 minutes before the finish and screwing over any purification points, mp, or $. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Lately, I've been running a lot of OU A for the S rank money. That's pretty much what my firebreak agenda has come down to. I figure I might as well do some mass synthing for that 6-7 days of 3* grinding luck.

Kaloa
Jun 21, 2007, 01:07 PM
I care about purifying the planets, but not enough to pass on hunting Jao's to do so.

JLatuska
Jun 21, 2007, 01:23 PM
yea sure why not?

ashley50
Jun 21, 2007, 01:37 PM
We managed to achieve the Goal of 50 Million points for teh F*ing pan...and at least one Planet has been Fully Purified.

just let everyone do their own thing as the hunt is done =)...More jao Decos for everyone XD

Shigecki
Jun 21, 2007, 01:38 PM
On 2007-06-21 11:02, e_Tard wrote:
The jaggos just rubbed salt in the wound. Yay for abandoning the mission 2-3 minutes before the finish and screwing over any purification points, mp, or $. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

QFT. Only a couple more minutes after seeing that you didn't get jaggos and the party is done? You still have a chance at some good items. Doesn't make sense or help out the cause. The team I run with does keep up the fight even if we don't get a volfu spawn. We figure we've gone this far might as well finish it up. The money is too good to pass up.

As far as still purifying? I've moved on. After so many runs of this mission I have finally got bored of the run. I still think it's a fun run, I do wish it would still be an option after the FB is over and I still do it if everyone wants too, but definitely became boring to me.

Raven5_1
Jun 21, 2007, 03:07 PM
for 2 days i couldnt find a team to do firebreak missions because everybody above 35 was doing the b+ missions to hunt jao's or get massive mission points i finally found a few people willing to play c rank and one was trying to help me get to 35. but the overall attitude once the last two missions dropped has killed firebreak for me.

Tigerram
Jun 22, 2007, 01:01 AM
I never liked FB from the start. A few reasons:

1.) I didn't like looking for zomas and destroying SEED-cores offline, I hated them in the story mode online, and yes you guessed it...I hate it as a major event.

2.) When I got the urge to try it with a party on a few runs, I ended up playing with a few ignorant people. I'm not naming them because I'm not one to give anyone a bad name, unless of course it's something very troublesome. About halfway through these runs, I just left the party without a word, no sense in playing with these morons if I don't have to. It's really the first time I've played with these type of players since launch. ( I've been online since launch. )

3.) The rewards didn't appeal to me, nonetheless, i can't wait for FB to be overwith.

Fyrin
Jun 22, 2007, 01:07 AM
FB was cool fo lvlin' up my alt got my human to PT class lvl to 3 . . . and he's only lvl 20 =X
Fyrin's er fryin' pan fo everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Scion
Jun 22, 2007, 02:24 AM
Meh, I'm with most people on this. I simply don't care.

I was given way too much shit with the way the population reacted to them as I was trying to get to 65 when these last two missions came out. Then I get there only to find out that only 2 parties are actually finishing the mission most of the time (one of them was the hunting party that my friends and I were in lol).

I was just annoyed with people doing this while doing Seabed Blaze A to get to level 65:
"Ok, see you guys. I wanna do the next mission."
"ths mission sux fukk ths im goin 2 teh nxt 1 fukk u guys"
"Well, I'm level 65 now. I'm going to the next one. Bye!".

><

Well, I got my level 80, my puyo, kitty claws, and bear claws. I really don't need anything else. To Hell with Firebreak. It's like ST didn't want us to complete it anyway. -_-

Aralia
Jun 22, 2007, 02:39 AM
once I get me a puyoment aura I'll prolly be done with these dam FB missions.. honestly.. I did my part, I tried.. we got the Frying pan and 6 days of cancer luck so I'm satisfied.

I'd prolly have had it if sega hadn't screwed up and not let me renew my subscription for a week.....

After puyo, it's snowy.. then from there flip flopping between LL for Crea doubles and whatever rappies drop there... (skill save IIRC), and MBs2 for possible Ragnus sabers and Sweet Death. Maybe a few trips to RB for Shi and Uransara... but that's definatly not a priority to me.

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 22, 2007, 05:36 AM
Honestly, I'm only after the Puyoment aura. At first me and my friends tried to help purify Moatoob, but gave up because it wasn't really doing us any good. Urgent Orders gives good EXP and Jaos. And I know all the signs for finding the little things, so I'm after the Puyo, and I'm probably gonna take a 1-3 day break from PSU, just to regain my stamina from Firebreak.

A2K
Jun 22, 2007, 05:57 AM
I think the main issue with Parum's last missions is that people just don't really care about the 28K meseta and, what, 200 mission points reward? It's just Jaggo hunting, Jaggo hunting, Jaggo hunting.

It's disappointing that so many people simply don't want to stick around for the excellent payout or possibility of other S grade items on difficulty A (some of which are exclusive to the mission currently) after they determine Jaggo aren't showing up. Yes, they're limited-time only, but in the course of an evening of runs they show up so often anyway...

Eleina
Jun 22, 2007, 07:31 AM
I Stored 1000 ban photons in my Pm....FB is done for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kylie
Jun 22, 2007, 12:04 PM
We got the frying pan... No, I don't really care about getting discounts on clothes, which is all you get from clearing the planets. It's much more worth it to farm Urgent Orders and sell your findings than to worry about purifying the planets.