PDA

View Full Version : Man....

Midicronica
Jun 20, 2007, 04:03 PM
Y'know, what I hate? Insects... Right now there's a wasp in my room.(I'm posting from the front room computer..) I don't know how the bastard got in.. or anything only thing I know is that I'm annoyed to hell. I'm ungodly afraid of any "large" bugs and if they actually inflict pain on you that's even worse..

So, what should I do? Should I go in there swinging like a fucking mad man and kill the sum bitch? Or should I just wait it out and see if the thing finds a way out or something?

amtalx
Jun 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
Napalm.

Tact
Jun 20, 2007, 04:08 PM
Open the windows if possible and turn off the lights.

Some insects are attracted to light (That's how bug zappers work after all.) so it might fly out the window.

AlexCraig
Jun 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
Well, I'd say keep an eye on it. When it rests, smash it with something heavy. I'd do that to any bees that get in here (Which is rare, but does happen), but I am allergic to bee stings. If you are allergic, I'd say have someone else kill it.

Midicronica
Jun 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
All right, I'm going in there. I'll give you an after battle report. >_>

-deep inhale-

Niered
Jun 20, 2007, 04:13 PM
Its an insect, ere-go summoning a rock,fire, or flying type pokemon should work nicely.

Midicronica
Jun 20, 2007, 04:17 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/drmikewolf/OWNED.jpg

Tact
Jun 20, 2007, 04:19 PM
Haha. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Glad to see your bug problems are over for now. Did the shoe work well or is there a better choice in retrospect?

AlexCraig
Jun 20, 2007, 04:19 PM
Good job! Taught him who's more evolved and threatening.

Midicronica
Jun 20, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-06-20 14:19, Tact wrote:
Haha. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Glad to see your bug problems are over for now. Did the shoe work well or is there a better choice in retrospect?

The shoe was the best tool for the job, y'know. I'd originally went in there with a broom like a pussy and smacked 'em off the wall, but then he got back up started flying around. I get my eye on him and timed it right and knocked his ass to the ground. I followed with a quick over-hand super power geyser extreme falcon punch-o-rama shoe smack to deliver the final blow. Rubbed him the ground a bit to show him who's boss and took a picture of the aftermath.

I'd like to take this time out to thank everyone for making this possible. First off, I'd like to thank Nike for making such awesome shoes (really good bug killers), uh...myself..y'know just gotta go in there and give 110% sometimes, and, of course, my Mom for bringing me into this world.

Thanks everyone, we I couldn't done it by myself. It's good to know that my fans are always there for me.

Human - 1
Insects - 0

I can sense that I'll have other visitors sooner or later. I just want them to know that even though I'm scared as muh'***** of them. I'll come back in my room after running and take em out!

Wait..what are we talking about again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

VanHalen
Jun 20, 2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Victoly! I must admit, I really hate centipedes and daddy long legs. They piss me off when they are around me.

It's a long story about the Daddy long legs thing >_>.

AlexCraig
Jun 20, 2007, 05:39 PM
I hate spiders of all sorts. I can't stand the sight or feel of them.

ABDUR101
Jun 20, 2007, 05:41 PM
A better way to get a waste is a DVD case or a butter knife. When they're on a wall, use a DVD case to squash em, if they're in a window, just go slow and you can easily push the knife down and cut them in half(though it's best if you squash their chest, then they can't run and attempt to fly around).

Why would you go in with a broom? You might as well have went in with a feather duster, you're not going to get any 'stopping power' behind it. Simple is always better, and for that matter, invest in a flyswatter. A cheap one will suffice, I like the ones with the metal handle and the thin plastic swatting surface.

Aswell, a wasp? Pffft, we have hornets here that make bumblebees/carpenter bees look like flies.

McLaughlin
Jun 20, 2007, 07:13 PM
Anyone ever been bit by a Deer Fly? ****ing hurts. They take a piece of you with them.

Only bugs that really creep me out are Spiders and Earwigs. Kudos on your first kill Macross.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 20, 2007, 07:55 PM
ugh. I hate spiders too.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Weeaboolits
Jun 20, 2007, 09:28 PM
I'm actually afraid of bees and wasps, and have never been stung.

Firocket1690
Jun 20, 2007, 10:12 PM
I am a horrible person, in terms of bugs. =/

Every time I see a spider in my room, I pull out a little plastic box (used to have ferrero rochers) and just catch it in there, close the lid, and put the little box back in place on the shelf. By the time I see the next spider, the first (and all subsequent) will have died from lacking oxygen. Keeping in mind that occasionally, a spider might appear, and the most recent one might not have died yet, I've gotten better reflexes, and have better reach of the crannies in my room, since then.

The only exception to the main box are other flying bugs; moths, flies, and other large insects. Once saw this massive spider; these all fit into my secondary emergency category, where the indvidual insect will be caught in a tennis ball canister (small opening, but less volume, and don't have to worry about the other corpses) where once caught, will struggle frantically, give up, and slowly wither to death.

...ever since I started killing off little insects, they have been appearing less frequently, so I think I'm doing a decent job. Albeit, karma will hate me afterwards, but whatever, go me.

Edit: I choose these methods because I really don't like violence, so suffocation is easier for me to ... manage? (need a better word)
There's some fancy term for the spider with the large abdomen (queen?) I shrieked, and my father caught a large one in a paper towel. He was working with his tools at the moment, and had a hammer with him.
... That's about it. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2007-06-20 20:21 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Jun 20, 2007, 10:14 PM
Spiders don't freak me out as much as some other bugs. Spiders actually can do some good by killing other bugs. I really hate flies and bees, however, and love smacking them with rolled up posters. XD

Waterbugs are the worst though...

I hate bugs. ;_;

Blitzkommando
Jun 21, 2007, 04:32 AM
I tend to just grab any insests I find and drop them into the toilet followed by a flush. At least they get the ride of their lives before they meet up with the rest of the raw sewage. Spiders I like though. I hate mosquitoes simply because they give me large welts (although I haven't been bit in the last couple years for some reason). And since spiders get the lowdown on mosquitoes they get to live.

WrathOfMegid
Jun 21, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-06-20 17:13, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Anyone ever been bit by a Deer Fly? ****ing hurts. They take a piece of you with them.

Only bugs that really creep me out are Spiders and Earwigs. Kudos on your first kill Macross.

Those SOB's are the reason I barely ride during the summer.

But as for other bugs, the only spider I'm afraid of is the black widow. I'm a real pacifist: I abhor killing bugs, but I do it when I have to, like when a wasp is in the house. Otherwise, I just catch it and release it outside.

sprky585
Jun 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
wow, i feel like a deranged killing maniac compared to yall, i just step on anything i see, and i kick frogs when i see them (i found one in my toilet once, no idea how it got there) but i live in memphis, the bug capital of the world and there are tons, a 15 car ride around dusk in the middle of june and you're gonna need a car wash the next day from all the dead bugs on your car