PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Japan soon...

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 21, 2007, 05:50 PM
And I feel so depressed about it. Seriously, I've stayed here for a month, I haven't felt homesick one bit. I don't know if it takes longer for most people to be homesick, but yeah, I haven't missed America one bit during my one month stay, and now, I'm leaving in a few days, and I know for a fact that I will be feeling down under the dumps for quite a while. I am glad that I got some of the email addresses of most of the good friends that I've made during the trip, and I'l make an effort to keep in touch with them, and yeah that girl I'm talking about in my love thread is one of them. But still, it won't be the same, this was by far the greatest point of my life, I enjoyed every single bit of being in this country for the month, but pretty soon, its going to be back to America. Well, I do have some incentives, such as a Marilyn Manson concert, my Muay Thai school, my family, and like my three friends. I guess I can just say that I'm leaving a high point of my life, and getting back to my normal, regular life. Maybe the high point in itself would make the lower point of my life seem like making me feel like total shit. But yeah, I'm going to miss Japan, but all it means is that I have to work to come back here for a longer stay in the country [one year]. I'm aware of some of you people who may say that you hate Japan because of the Japanophiles, or at least just the Japanophiles themselves, which you may be free to categorize me by. I guess all I have to do is work to raise enough money, find an apartment, and do this one year program to see if this country really is for me.

Dahilia
Jun 21, 2007, 08:43 PM
Good luck getting back there, Wapanese. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Powder Keg
Jun 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
So....did you hit that or what?

omegapirate2k
Jun 21, 2007, 11:11 PM
On 2007-06-21 18:43, Dahilia wrote:
Good luck getting back there, Wapanese. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

What she said.

And I really do mean that in the nicest way possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-06-21 21:22 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jun 22, 2007, 12:41 AM
You'll get over it. Spending one month somewhere on a TRIP is one thing, living day in and day out and actually ecking out an existance is another.

Almost sounds like you don't appreciate what you have, and just have your head in the clouds over a fantasy of Japan. Hopefully you go home and appreciate what you have there, then can look to other things elsewhere.

roygbiv
Jun 22, 2007, 09:32 AM
country really is for you? Because you know naturalization and citizenship are really realistic options?

Sinue_v2
Jun 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
I really do think you should get out and see more of the world before finally settling down, if you're truely unhappy where you're at now. America and Canada are large countries - and the culture and atmosphere changes radically from reigeon to reigeon. If you haven't already, try touring your own country for awhile and soak in the differences. Not to mention the other countries of the world, like the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Russia, China, Australia, ect... How do you know you enjoy Japan more unless you've had a chance to sample the culture of these other countries? Perhaps you've idolized Japan so much, that you're subconciouslly turning yourself away from these other cultures before even giving them a fair assessment? You may find that you enjoy a quiet life on the Meditteranian in a sleepy Greecian village more than Japan?

While it's impractical to visit EVERY country in the world to see which you prefer, you should at least keep your options open. If you were moving there as a career move, say you were offered a job there, that'd be one thing. But visiting a country and living there are two totally different things. Just like having a girlfriend is totally different than living with the girl day-in day-out for an extended period of time. It's best to broaden your experience and learn what you truely want out of your life before making a big decision like this.

Instead of going back to Japan for a year, will your course allow you choose another country? Spend a month or so elsewhere?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-22 13:01 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Jun 22, 2007, 03:21 PM
I'm with Omega and Dahilia, good luck, Shiro! Hope it's for you. I, too intend to move there one day, so I know how you feel about it and wish you the best of luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-06-22 13:22 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 23, 2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I'm Wapanese, or actually, whats a good way to mix up Latino/Hispanic and Japanese into one word cuz thats what I am. Yeah, I admit it too, got a problem. But man, even though I'm in Japan for 2 more days, yesterday, I had to leave Kyoto and I had to say good bye to the Japanese Ritsumeikan students with whom I've made very good friends with. All of us cried cuz it was so emotionally tough. I was even to the point of regretting falling in love with that girl, because I was so miserable. I'm still a bit bummed out, although I'm enjoying my last days here in Japan. I have to say though, staying here in Tokyo, that its a very beatiful city that puts New York [which I've been to before] to shame in terms of size and mordernity. Its also, as much as I'm sure from my own experiences, is where Japan gets the stereotype of being so expensive, because Kyoto, Osaka, and Hiroshima weren't so bad in terms of my wallet, but Tokyo, man, expensive much? But I leave in 2 days and I'm pretty sad about it. While you guys are saying that long distance relationships are hard, I have to say that for a while, I did take a bit of a liking to another fellow gaijin girl who also comes to my school, NOT the evil "Japan deserves to be nuked bitch", she's also in the first of my pics in Japan if you wanna see.

Also, Sinue, I think I would love to travel to countries like the ones in your list, but live there? Lemme see: Germany = I don't know German, France = I can't speak French, and the language is so friggin hard to learn, Switzerland = doesnt that country speak like multiple languages? Neither of which are the ones I'm good at(English and Japanese), Russian = don't know Russian, China = don't know Chinese, Australia = maybe, Canada = maybe, Spain = can speak a LITTLE Spanish, but it sux, Italy = don't know Italian, and I'm sure it'll be hell to learn as well. I have to say that you do make perfect sense, although in some of those countries, I'll simply be lost in translation, simply looking at it this way, in terms of practicallity and communication, my options are cut down to UK, Japan, Australia, Canada, and maybe other parts of America where I've never been to before. Yeah, I can learn those languages, but most of those will be a living hell to learn.

PS, And about my Japanese, if you're curious, its good enough for me to watch an entire episode of Bleach without reading the subtitles.

Solstis
Jun 23, 2007, 07:27 PM
I've heard mixed things about Japan from people that have gone there, but as long as you're oblivious to racism or prejudice, you can do well there.

I'm not kidding. Happy go-lucky Japanophiles will find nothing wrong with Japan, and nothing wrong will happen for them in Japan. It's like a bubble of joy or something.

Personally, I would probably curl up in a ball and cry.

If you really like Japan, then go for it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 24, 2007, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I am quite the Japanophile, so I don't think I'll have problems, I didn't have any problems in Kyoto, although I do have to say that Tokyo in the other hand, nice place I'll admit, but its definitely not the ideal place to live in, I personally don't take as much of a liking to Tokyo as I do to Kyoto or Osaka, guess its just me or something. But Sinue, I still think that you're very right about what you said, I would love to try out other countries and cultures, although for living, it would be a pain in the ass to learn the languages of the countries you already said, as I already said in my other post.

Thalui89
Jun 24, 2007, 06:06 PM
Just be happy you've had such a great experience, the memories you've made will always be with you and atleast you can look back and say "yeah those days were great". Im sure most people go through a golden age http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ABDUR101
Jun 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-06-24 16:06, Thalui89 wrote:
Im sure most people go through a golden age http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

He has his entire life ahead of him; if this is his 'golden age', wow.

Thalui89
Jun 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
well maybe it will be the best experience of his life? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jaysky
Jun 24, 2007, 09:27 PM
I say you should come to Canada! Health insurance.... *bribes* /=)
Thalui89; As the other said before me... Golden ages? Now?.. That's horrible.
Oh and Shiro, where are your photos of Japan? I really want to see what it's like over there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaysky on 2007-06-24 19:34 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jun 24, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-06-24 19:27, Jaysky wrote:
I really want to see what it's like over there.

From what I've heard, it's supposed to look like this:

http://www.galleryof3d.com/site/profiles/jamdzi/imax_city.jpg

Thalui89
Jun 25, 2007, 09:21 AM
Well call me pessimistic but i believe that the best times ill have in life are when im young not when im old >.> i guess its personal choice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. The statement of golden age wast meant to be nasty either -_-'

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2007, 10:32 AM
I know you did'nt mean for it to be nasty; but look at it from a realistic viewpoint; if this is as 'good as it gets' for Shiro, then to me that means from this point on to the rest of his life he gave up trying to enjoy life.

It should'nt really matter where you are(expecially if you're in America and other such countries, go live in a third world country and then whine about something in America; see how fast they kick your ass and vote you as the weakest link).

All I see is one snapshot in Shiro's life that he took a flare for the dramatic with, rather than seeing it for what it is and realising there's a time and place for some things. Who knows, maybe he puts in all the effort and she'll still be available and interested in years to come; or maybe he puts in all the effort and she was never interested and he read too much into his own feelings.

Or maybe he goes home, realises and appreciates what he does have, and maybe meets someone from America that makes the girl from Japan look like nothing.

BogusKun
Jun 25, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-06-24 21:22, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-06-24 19:27, Jaysky wrote:
I really want to see what it's like over there.

From what I've heard, it's supposed to look like this:

http://www.galleryof3d.com/site/profiles/jamdzi/imax_city.jpg

Dude... you're phokang stupid. haha! You had me laughin so hard I got kicked out of the lab for this.

Anyways... to the author... there is much more in the world. Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, Spain... I would like to stay in Japan, too. It's too much to bare. I don't know how this "Japanophile" word comes about and it's subcult. I looked it up and it's just some guy trying to make a name for himself it's ridiculously retarded.

Look, you shouldn't care what other people think. Your life is govern by CHU. So CHU go and get a Japanese girl, marry her, make her pregnant 4 times, have kids, and then get otera residence, eat your China Ramen with your chopsticks... go to Children's Day festival. Attend Setsubun and party with wild Sumo the way you want to. Your life is your life and if it's in Japan... let it be.

And as abdur says about your Golden Years already being realized today...wow.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 25, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-06-25 08:32, ABDUR101 wrote:
I know you did'nt mean for it to be nasty; but look at it from a realistic viewpoint; if this is as 'good as it gets' for Shiro, then to me that means from this point on to the rest of his life he gave up trying to enjoy life.

It should'nt really matter where you are(expecially if you're in America and other such countries, go live in a third world country and then whine about something in America; see how fast they kick your ass and vote you as the weakest link).

All I see is one snapshot in Shiro's life that he took a flare for the dramatic with, rather than seeing it for what it is and realising there's a time and place for some things. Who knows, maybe he puts in all the effort and she'll still be available and interested in years to come; or maybe he puts in all the effort and she was never interested and he read too much into his own feelings.

Or maybe he goes home, realises and appreciates what he does have, and maybe meets someone from America that makes the girl from Japan look like nothing.

Not gonna happen, didn't happen before, not gonna happen anytime soon.

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2007, 10:57 PM
Oh well, life must suck for you on a daily basis then. Keep your head up your ass long enough and it won't matter. You're not the only person who has to put things on a back burner and deal with reality.

Rather than being upset over what can't be your reality, embrace what is your reality and work with it. Bruce Lee said it best "Water can flow, or water can crash; be water. Still water stagnates, so you have to keep on flowing."

You can either sit, mope and stagnate, or you can set a goal, open up, and keep on flowing with whats around you. Get your priorities in line before you start setting mile markers.

Your attitude and outlook goes a long way in deciding what you can actually do, being ho-hum isn't in your favor.

AlexCraig
Jun 25, 2007, 11:01 PM
Abdur you are such a pessimist! If he works hard at what he likes, which at the moment is trying to get back to Japan, then you shouldn't crush his hopes with negative outcomes. Instead you should give your support. He is not giving up, he has stated that. So you should let it be and let him do things his way.

omegapirate2k
Jun 25, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-06-25 09:02, BogusKun wrote:
You had me laughin so hard I got kicked out of the lab for this.

It's what I do.

Sayara
Jun 26, 2007, 06:51 AM
Abdur doesn't speak pessamesticly. He speaks the truth. You can fill a ego flated balloon with your cheers; but if he screws up once and is stuck that balloon will pop.

Abdur is just the man who deflates the egoballoon and slaps sense into people.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-06-25 21:01, AlexCraig wrote:
Abdur you are such a pessimist! If he works hard at what he likes, which at the moment is trying to get back to Japan, then you shouldn't crush his hopes with negative outcomes. Instead you should give your support. He is not giving up, he has stated that. So you should let it be and let him do things his way.

I don't stroke people's egos. I tell them what I see from a realistic viewpoint. I'd rather be HONEST than tell them to yeah, go ahead, shoot for the stars, anything is worth fighting for; and then when they fall flat on their face say "oh, well atleast you tried even though is was a near impossibility!".

None of you people have to live with it if he does do everything and fails, and is left with nothing but alot of frustration and hard work for nothing more than "well atleast you tried". I'd rather go into a situation knowing the realistic possibility(or lack thereof) than go in gung-ho, and too late realise it's not going to happen.

It's about realising that the odds of you eating dirt are better than the odds of you pulling off an awesome stunt and making a decent landing; and as I said, everyone who just mindlessly encourages someone to go for it, do it; to me you're just like the kids who would egg someone on to do something that would hurt themselves. You're not looking at it realisticly, you're just a peanut gallery who cheers when the "applause" sign is turned on.

BogusKun
Jun 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
Abdur is not trying to tell him anything bad... but trying to let him know there is more out there, and should be taken into consideration. You may have that ol' Japanese fetish going on, but really... it's not the only thing that will make you happy, and if it is good for you. However, if it becomes a shattered dream... then all hell will break loose.

People commit suicide over stuff like this. You have set your own culture and lifestyle to side over another, knowing you weren't a part of it before. You are immersing yourself.. which is fine but, as said, what feeds your soul more can also break much of it as result of negative events.

Hope you're not ignoring this post.

AlexCraig
Jun 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
In a sense, you are not looking at it realistically either. Yes, the probability is huge that he won't be able to live in Japan, but there is a chance, no matter how minute, that it will work out. You are pretty much saying "Don't do it because you will fail". However, there are people from other countries, including the US, living in Japan. If they were able to get there, so can he. You have said that he should look into other countries or stay in the US, but he has already said that he prefers Japan. It seems that he does not want to take your advice or he has already made his decision. So I don't see how your "reality" is going to phase him any.

ABDUR101
Jun 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
Hey, it's not my life, I could'nt really care if he takes my advice or not. I'm not trying to persuade him to do anything, I'm giving him my viewpoint on the situation and he can take it however he wants. Atleast I'm being honest with my opinion and not sending the guy off with false-hope. Thats what being realistic is all about, incase you've missed the point of everything I've been saying.(Which it seems you have, so oh well!)

Actually, it seems you've missed everything I've said, so no big deal. Pearls before swine really. =]

DikkyRay
Jun 26, 2007, 01:39 PM
I remember when i ranted, Adbur kick my ass so i opened my eyes. He may seem like hes being a jerk, but hes helping.
Anyway, you see one country and automatically assumme that its awesome and you want to live there?
You have not seen all of Japan my friend. A few cities doesnt make you an expert. Like otehrs have said, go out and see the world.
I love Japan. But if you go to Europe, you will probably say the same things you are saying about Japan about Italy, Or Greece.

AlexCraig
Jun 26, 2007, 06:01 PM
I apologize. Usually, when I see your posts it seems you are such a downer. I tend to look more on a positive outcome.

Sinue_v2
Jun 26, 2007, 09:36 PM
Yes, the probability is huge that he won't be able to live in Japan, but there is a chance, no matter how minute, that it will work out.

http://library.georgetown.edu/dept/speccoll/guac/quixote_05/images/dore_windmill_1860.jpg
Sometimes, a windmill is just a windmill - even if there is a minute chance that it might be a giant.

ShinMaruku
Jun 26, 2007, 09:55 PM
Japan is nice but unless you got certain skills, it will be hard but many do scratch out a living.
That said Japan has it's head up it's ass. Nice place to spend a month yes, intriguing people, yes but unless you have something you can do there, fuck em.
Japan is like myspace check out crazy women. But no live with them.
That said, check out the Netherlands, the Dutch are funny.
Verily I will say only the Germanic Speaking counties have a degree of openness that one would find palatable (And of course the most accepting countries speak English because Anglo phones took over the world)

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 27, 2007, 05:56 AM
I'm very sure that I can land a job as a teacher after I get my degree from college in maybe 2 or 3 years.

ShinMaruku
Jun 27, 2007, 01:14 PM
If you want to be a teacher JET could be an interesting experience.
That will tell ya if ya wanna hang in Japan.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 27, 2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I know quite a bit about the JET program. They put me in a random city, so it would be cool to see other cities of the country.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that right now, I still haven't gotten used to American food, my stomach's really been bothering for the first 2 or 3 days back in this country. I'm still used to Japanese food.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-06-27 12:42 ]</font>

BogusKun
Jun 27, 2007, 02:46 PM
American food always make me... feel funny haha.

Well I hope you're not a subject to Sociological failure. I've seen a lot of research done and some of the best pieces display that a long withdrawl from your habitat can warp you much.

Wyndham
Jun 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-06-27 03:56, Shiroryuu wrote:
I'm very sure that I can land a job as a teacher after I get my degree from college in maybe 2 or 3 years.

that sounds like a good plan, but teaching is very hard.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 27, 2007, 06:29 PM
I'm also having jet lag I think, I just passed out for three hours in the morning from 10:00 to 1:00, and again from 4:30 to 7:30, and because of the latter, I missed Muay thai class [well, one thing I missed in Japan, but mostly due to lack of time].

omegapirate2k
Jun 28, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-06-27 13:30, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2007-06-27 03:56, Shiroryuu wrote:

that sounds like a good plan, but teaching is very hard.

Most things are very hard.

hollowtip
Jun 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
In my international business class, I learned that people who were transfered from America to Japan for job requirements (I forget the actual time span, but it was at least two years) had the highest probability of not assimilating and adapting to the cultural differences in Japan and transferring back to America due to the difficulties.

It was >50% but can't remember the exact number. I want to say as high as 70% but don't quote me on that.

Also, according to the Japanese government, the total population of Japan includes only 1.5% foreign nationals. Furthermore, only 2.5% of these foreign nationals in Japan are from the United States (excluding military).

So, if your dream really is to live in Japan, take note of these statistics first.

I'd also double the unlikelyhood of you residing in Japan if you're not fluent in the Japanese language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2007-06-28 20:06 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jun 29, 2007, 12:52 AM
You have been there for a month and said you fell in love? Sorry buddy, you may think ya did. I doubt it though. You really think love won't happen here cause "it didnt happen, havent happened, won't happen" or however you put it? That is a pretty outlandish statement dude.

One thing I learned in life, you will never, ever know what will be thrown at you. For all your planning you just can't control some things.

If you think you will be happy in Japan, go for it. In my opinion I give you 3-5 months before you get sick of it.

Personally I would like to visit but I would build a boat and sail back to PA before I lived there.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 29, 2007, 07:16 AM
On 2007-06-28 20:01, hollowtip wrote:
In my international business class, I learned that people who were transfered from America to Japan for job requirements (I forget the actual time span, but it was at least two years) had the highest probability of not assimilating and adapting to the cultural differences in Japan and transferring back to America due to the difficulties.

It was >50% but can't remember the exact number. I want to say as high as 70% but don't quote me on that.

Also, according to the Japanese government, the total population of Japan includes only 1.5% foreign nationals. Furthermore, only 2.5% of these foreign nationals in Japan are from the United States (excluding military).

So, if your dream really is to live in Japan, take note of these statistics first.

I'd also double the unlikelyhood of you residing in Japan if you're not fluent in the Japanese language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2007-06-28 20:06 ]</font>

1. I'm living in America and I already don't really fit in, maybe I'm just in the wrong place. I can't really integrate myself with most of the people here, and in some ways, you can even call me an outcast. And if I don't fit in in Japan, I don't see it being any different from how it would have been anyway.

2. Yeah, it may be twice as unlikely that I won't live in Japan if I can't speak Japanese, but you know what? You know what? I CAN speak Japanese.

Dangerous55
Jun 29, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-06-29 05:16, Shiroryuu wrote:

1. I'm living in America and I already don't really fit in, maybe I'm just in the wrong place. I can't really integrate myself with most of the people here, and in some ways, you can even call me an outcast. And if I don't fit in in Japan, I don't see it being any different from how it would have been anyway.

The Japanese hate outsiders. We don't. I think you don't fit in because you don't want to. Start by not labeling yourself an "outcast".

AlexCraig
Jun 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-06-29 09:12, Dangerous55 wrote:

The Japanese hate outsiders. We don't. I think you don't fit in because you don't want to. Start by not labeling yourself an "outcast".

That's a kind of one handed statement. Yeah, I am sure that there are some Japanese who hate people from other countries, but certainly not all Japanese hate outsiders. Like some people here in the US. Some like/love outsiders. So saying they hate outsiders is not really a great generalization.

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2007, 11:41 AM
Japan is known for it's xenophobia. Why do you think becoming an actual citizen is so stringent and there are so few 'immigrants' who become citizens? Thats not saying everyone in Japan hates outsiders, thats stating that it is what it is.

If you feel like an outcast in a country that basically accepts you for who you are and doesn't really give two shits, odds are when the country you want to move to ends up refusing to give you citizenship or a work visa; you're going to be quite upset.

As I said, learn to appreciate what you have. More often than not, people alienate themselves because they expect those around them to change to what they want, rather than accept them for who they are. I'm with D55, and I've said it before, having a ho-hum attitude isn't going to get you anywhere.

Mystil
Jun 29, 2007, 09:35 PM

On 2007-06-28 20:01, hollowtip wrote:

2. Yeah, it may be twice as unlikely that I won't live in Japan if I can't speak Japanese, but you know what? You know what? I CAN speak Japanese.

You dont fit in America? I find that hard to believe(unless your well manneredness is just a persona.)

hollowtip
Jun 29, 2007, 09:39 PM

I wasn't trying to imply that you did or did not speak Japanese, I was just stating my opinion.

In all seriousness though, if you really believe you fell in love with a girl after a month you have some attachment issues that need to be dealt with. Love is something that develops over the time you know someone. While it happens for different people at different times, it sure as hell doesn't happen in a month.

Jehosaphaty
Jun 29, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-06-29 19:39, hollowtip wrote:

In all seriousness though, if you really believe you fell in love with a girl after a month you have some attachment issues that need to be dealt with. Love is something that develops over the time you know someone. While it happens for different people at different times, it sure as hell doesn't happen in a month.

I saw some creepy, I think Presidential Candidate, on Letterman tonight who fell in love with a woman many years younger (who also happens to be like 7 inches taller) at what he claimed was "first sight". Preetty funny interview at that point; guy seemed weird to me...Anyways, the L-bomb is dropped too flippantly these days. I'd prolly agree with hollowtip--a month is cutting things pretty thin. But then again I don't know you.

Sinue_v2
Jun 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
Well, I don't doubt that there is such a phenomena as Love at first sight. The thing is, that's only the spark for an expanded relationship. People fall in and out of love all the time - sometimes mutually, sometimes not. Even if two people are madly in love with each other - that doesn't necessarily mean that they can make a relationship work. Ever hear that song "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough"? Corny as hell, but it's true.

My dad used to be married to a woman named Judy, who he had long divorced, before he met my mom... and one day I asked him while on a trip into town, if he ever loved that woman. He was silent for a moment, and then he said "Looking back, no - I think was more in love with being in love."

I think a lot of the "hopeless romantics", are hopeless exactly for this reason. They're in love with the idea of being in love - but don't really know what it means to actually love another person.

hollowtip
Jul 1, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-06-30 12:56, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Well, I don't doubt that there is such a phenomena as Love at first sight. The thing is, that's only the spark for an expanded relationship. People fall in and out of love all the time - sometimes mutually, sometimes not. Even if two people are madly in love with each other - that doesn't necessarily mean that they can make a relationship work. Ever hear that song "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough"? Corny as hell, but it's true.

My dad used to be married to a woman named Judy, who he had long divorced, before he met my mom... and one day I asked him while on a trip into town, if he ever loved that woman. He was silent for a moment, and then he said "Looking back, no - I think was more in love with being in love."

I think a lot of the "hopeless romantics", are hopeless exactly for this reason. They're in love with the idea of being in love - but don't really know what it means to actually love another person.

Love isn't something you can see, it's something that develops through positive experiences with a person. I don't believe in love at first sight because love incorporates so many different aspects of a person that you can't know until you pursue. If you want to change the phrase to "lust at first sight" then I can completely agree with you.

chaos89
Jul 2, 2007, 01:13 AM
but serously dude.... did you hit that?

EphekZ
Jul 2, 2007, 01:43 AM
On 2007-07-01 23:13, chaos89 wrote:
but serously dude.... did you hit that?

ShinMaruku
Jul 2, 2007, 05:35 PM
Let's be frank the most open counties speak an Germanic Language... >_> Bizzare? Maybe, but I can hang well in the UK, Sweden, get high with the Dutch...
Aside from that all pum-pum is nice. And Japan isn't as as extreme as xenophobic more of they have their heads up their ass and maybe that aging population would be good for them when all the old fuckers are dead.

And anybody can fit in the US! The most accpeting places on Earth Speak English!
Now if it were like Spanish or Chinese then fuck em!

I just think one wants some difference in life.

That said Japan is all nice because my ass will get treated the same as the rest of you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I say live internationally. like Howard Stringer!