PDA

View Full Version : Do S rank Armors have visual effects?

R2D6battlebot
Jun 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
title<>

A2K
Jun 22, 2007, 06:03 AM
I don't think so, aside from the evasion shield being quite large in comparison to other lower grade armor, based on my experiences with the eventually purchasable S grade line shields offline. It seems extra visual effects for armor will remain the realm of specialty armors ilke Rabol Rappy and extra units.

F-Gattaca
Jun 22, 2007, 06:55 AM
I had been wondering about this myself; in Story Mode you're told that the line shields appear as the glowing lines on your clothes/parts, but that the appearance changes between manufacturers. Take the Cresline armor--I haven't checked it out but what's the deal with its item description, saying it gives the wearer a "classic look?"

There's some merit to that, because I think several AMF CASTs in Holtes wear the Gimnas set yet their lineshields have AMF logos visible as well as other markings that we GUARDIAN CASTs don't get.

And while I'm not sure about this part, I think Ethan Waber's own line shields appear different on HIS signature clothing as well. Mainly in the shoulders of his modified Braves set.

A2K
Jun 22, 2007, 07:02 AM
Well, the appearance of the lines themselves on the clothing are dependent on the clothing or part itself, rather than any traits of the line shield itself (aside from element, of course).

Not sure about the Cresline, myself. I think by now someone would have noticed something special about its appearance, but you never know. It's passed up pretty often because even though it's got a few stat bonuses it has no slots at all.

XanGabriel
Jun 22, 2007, 08:28 AM
Yes, S-Rank Armors have visual effects.

Your eyes boggle out of your skull when you see the prices these extortionists want for them in their shops. This inflation is growing quite old.

Hypothetically, of course -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-06-22 06:29 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2007, 08:31 AM
I'm gonna' test the cresline now, I'll post after I check it out. ;]

Golto
Jun 22, 2007, 08:32 AM
Stormline does not but that 11* armor sinoa line in AOI has special gfx effect.

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
Nope, exactly the same.

A2K
Jun 22, 2007, 09:21 AM
What about the evasion block shield? Same blue GRM thing?

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2007, 09:24 AM
That's what I was testing, actually. It was exactly the same as my megaline, I'm on PS2, so I suppose it is possible it may be different on other versions, but I doubt it.

Golto
Jun 22, 2007, 09:31 AM
Stormline, at least on ps2, has the normal blue grm blocking hex-shield.

Davot
Jun 22, 2007, 12:17 PM
yeah but u guys werent able to see the feathers off of the rabol rappy.so does that mean that 360 and PC might see something else?

Golto
Jun 22, 2007, 12:38 PM
My pc friends say they just see the regular blue block gfx when i've wearing storm line.

Reginaldo
Jun 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
I wanna see how big the graphic is for the 12* armors o.o

Rashiid
Jun 22, 2007, 04:15 PM
so for we got the Rabol Rappy and Loveheart Line (which i dont think anyone on the 360 server has but idk)

im hoping its only special armors, not S ones too.

now if its like a counterpart thing (Stormline + Storm) would be cool to have special effects

Soukosa
Jun 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-06-22 06:32, Golto wrote:
Stormline does not but that 11* armor sinoa line in AOI has special gfx effect.

It's Shinowa Line http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It does exist in the current game data too. Seems almost like half the stuff in the AoI beta is just older stuff that they haven't released yet >.>

F-Gattaca
Jun 23, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-06-22 06:42, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Nope, exactly the same.

Damn, so neither the clothing's line patterns or the shield effect appear different on a Cresline?

Their item description is kinda misleading, then ...

It probably won't happen (since there's S-rank armor available in offline mode isn't there?) but I hope that S-rank armors at least have different line patterns, or something.